Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV vs GTA V

140 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA IV vs GTA V (180 member(s) have cast votes)

Gameplay

1. IV (48 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. V (132 votes [73.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

Story/Characters

1. IV (150 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. V (30 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Place

1. IV (77 votes [42.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.78%

2. V (103 votes [57.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Alvinz10000
  • Alvinz10000

Computer Kid

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:57 AM Edited by Alvinz10000, 05 June 2014 - 01:46 PM.

GTA IV vs GTA V.Which One Is Better?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:42 AM Edited by CatDog96, 08 February 2014 - 07:43 AM.

IV

• markwey, lol232, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Stonecutter

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

• Gameplay: V
  • Story/Characters: IV
  • Place: IV
  • simonp92 and Bi0ha2ard_q8 like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

Gameplay: I don't think GTA IV's gameplay is as bad as what people say it is. I like IV's side missions more than GTA V's so I'm voting GTA IV.

Story/characters: Easily GTA IV. GTA V's story isn't bad per say by video games standards, but it's not as tight and pulled together aswell as GTA IV IMO and it's characters aren't that interesting to me either.

Place: Liberty City> Los Santos/Blaine County.

• simonp92, Bi0ha2ard_q8, thekillerdonuts and 3 others like this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

Gameplay- IV because of how realistic it was and I loved the driving.

Story/Characters- IV I don't pay to much attention to the story of gta games but Niko and Roman are the best, especially on the very first mission when Roman is talking about the 36 flavours of titty.

Place- IV I like Liberty city better than los santos and blaine county. and the mountains seemed like a waste of space.

• simonp92 and GtaivCop like this

Vanto
  • Vanto

Stupid and sensual Morgan Freeman

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Gameplay: GTA V.

Story: GTA IV, obviously.

Place: GTA V.

• Detective Phelps likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Gameplay: GTA V
Story: GTA IV
Place: Wasn't too sure as I love both LC and LS but I went with GTA V in the end.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:12 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 08 February 2014 - 10:13 AM.

Gameplay:V

Story/Characters:IV

Place:V (but I also love LC in IV)

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

Gameplay: V

Story/Characters: IV

Place: IV

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Gameplay: I don't think GTA IV's gameplay is as bad as what people say it is, but GTA V just slightly nudges it. Though I still prefer IV's side missions.

Story/characters: Easily GTA IV. GTA V's story isn't bad per say by video games standards, but it's not as tight and pulled together aswell as GTA IV IMO and it's characters aren't that interesting to me either.

Ahh you changed your crappy sig. which was Johnny stomping on Trev. GOOD.

Anwho, 

Gameplay: V wins in gameplay without a doubt.

Story: IV, obviously.

Place: I've always preferred Los Santos over LC. 

KevinR1990
  • KevinR1990

Jersey Dude

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Gameplay: I loved IV when it came out, and I still like it, but V just feels so much smoother.

Story: IV, easy. V's story never came together for me and I found it to be the worst in the series, while IV was up there with Vice City as one of the best GTA stories yet. And that's before the expansions...

Place: A close one, but V is still a clear winner. IV only loses points because of Alderney, which was, to me (having grown up in New Jersey), the clear weak link in the setting. I mean, it didn't even cover all the Jersey stereotypes. Where's the Shore? The Meadowlands? Anything other than Hudson County and the ports, which were practically indistinguishable from Liberty City anyway? Take out or improve Alderney, however, and you have a virtual tie. Liberty City captured New York at least as well as Los Santos captured LA.

• Alvinz10000 likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Here we go again :bored:

Gameplay: IV, as it felt more polished than V. Sure it got faults and some things could be done better, but it was more fun to play.

Story: IV without any discussion.

Place: IV as LC felt more natural, more live and interesting. V got big map and I like the Blaine County, but whole city feels artificial. 

• jeanrjm and Alvinz10000 like this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

Story: IV, of course

Place: This was a tough one, I love both maps, but chose V in the end due to the countryside.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Gameplay - V

There is a lot of cool features in gameplay that IV doesn't have. Convertible cars, ped interaction (even though it never ends well) or parachuting system. I like how cars in V are no loger forced 2-seater or 4-seater. Buses hold 16 people, Pickup trucks hold 4-6 people, etc. There is a large variety of vehicle, weapon and player customization (The player is more for Online though). Parachuting is more fun as the smoke is no longer forced to multiplayer, you can customize the chute and even gun down people from it. What I dislike is that cars explode after falling from small height or that you die after getting ejected from the front windshield. I believe that these happen less often when the Driving skill is better which also is a good thing in gameplay.

Story - IV

IV's story was a lot better than V's. In IV's story, you actually start from the bottom and can understand the characters. In V, you have the entire map from the beginning, you have some money and you are later forced to take sh*t from FIB, who barely pay you anything and gets you in more trouble. In the end an union depository is robbed, the trio are millionaires and antagonists who are not even worthy to be antagonists are killed. In IV, you start with nothing, meet new people, get betrayed by new people and have to work all the way to the top while being attacked by Dimitri almost everywhere. In the end, you get to kill the antagonists and actually feel the revenge and emotions.

Place - IV

This was a hard choice but I prefer IV than V. I don't know. There is something about LC that makes me want to stay there. The dark, concrete jungle setting makes me want Rockstar to create a new version of LC with properties, more vehicles, shops, etc.

• Alvinz10000 and GtaV Is Coming To Pc like this

guiguido
  • guiguido

DIS GON B GUD

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Story/Characters: IV

Place: V

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

An IV three way. No saucy remarks please.

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

|_______|

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

Story/Characters: hmmm GTA IV has better story but GTA V have better characters... my vote - GTA IV

Place: V

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Gameplay: I don't think GTA IV's gameplay is as bad as what people say it is, but GTA V just slightly nudges it. Though I still prefer IV's side missions.

Anwho, 

You mean this one?

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

I think it would be epic if someone done a Niko version of him stomping Trevor's head into the ground. :)

• Andreas, RandomStunt, CatDog96 and 3 others like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:24 AM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 09 February 2014 - 09:30 AM.

Anwho, 

You mean this one?

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

I think it would be epic if someone down a Niko version of him stomping Trevor's head into the ground. :)

FU*K YOU YOU FU*KING PIECE OF FU*K. AHHHHH. HERE:

Spoiler

YEAH, TREVOR STOMP THAT PIECE OF FU*K.

Zomg, did I enter rage mode 101? 

Actually, I'm gonna place this in my profile. 

And, I wouldn't mind Niko stomping Trevor. They're both badasses.

• SonOfLiberty and ten-a-penny like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

Trevor fanboys are so easy to wind up.:p

• Gta_V_Fan_101, Drunken Cowboy and fefenc like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

OOOOOOH DID YOU CALL ME A FANBOY? 

Actually, I don't mind. Call me a fanboy all you want but, I will always be a Paper Mario fanboy.  I prefer the Paper Mario games over ALL the GTA games, even V. 

So, I am technically a Paper Mario fanboy just like how you are a GTA IV fanboy. :p

• SonOfLiberty likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

Paper Mario sucks.

/snap.

• Gta_V_Fan_101 and Drunken Cowboy like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

تيجي بسرعة

• Members
  • Palestine
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

Gameplay - V

Story/characters - IV

Setting - V

• Vanto likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

HOW DARE YOU.

4bc402eaa6b14428ab1559dedffed612.png

For those of you that are missing out on playing the greatest game ever, the ghost is an antagonist who we face in one chapter. He's better than ALL the antagonists in GTA combined together. 

• SonOfLiberty, The Odyssey, CatDog96 and 2 others like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

تيجي بسرعة

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

HOW DARE YOU.

4bc402eaa6b14428ab1559dedffed612.png

For those of you that are missing out on playing the greatest game ever, the ghost is an antagonist who we face in one chapter. He's better than ALL the antagonists in GTA combined together. 

Well, the only antagonist that ghost beats is Stretch. :lol:

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

SCREW YOU. That ghost has a name and its name is Doopliss. Its theme is the very definition of kickass:

It's awesome and it's catchy:

Anywho, let's stop talking about this. I can lecture you about how Paper Mario is better in all aspects but, a mod will probably lock this topic. 

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

تيجي بسرعة

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

The story in V can never match IV, but I like Michael more than Niko. But Niko is still better than Trevor and Franklin. :p

I only liked the setting in V because of the countryside. Based on cities (LS vs LC) LC would win, but only because the city was R*s focus on IV. 

But we all know that the LSPD is better than the LCPD. ;)

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:21 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 09 February 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Gameplay (Winner = GTA V):
Despite popular belief, this is the most important aspect of a game, and GTA V triumphed in gameplay quality.
For me, the most important aspect of an open world game with vehicles and weapons is the vehicle variety and GTA V had excellent vehicle variety, it had everything generic cars to sports cars, to construction vehicles, to taco vans and mail trucks, to tractors and ATV's, to civilian helicopters to attack choppers, to light plans to a Boeing 747. GTA IV on the other hand had awful vehicle variety, I would often roam around the map in GTA IV and go past all these locations and think what vehicles could have been there, planes were removed from the game so we only got helicopters, I might have been able to look past this if they had given use more than only 4 helicopters with one of those helicopters being painfully difficult to obtain, as for land vehicles, well everything from the newsvan to the golf cart to the bulldozer and even the coach were cut so we only really got generic cars, there were a few exceptions such as the ice-cream truck and the hearse, but the latter could only be obtained in one mission. To make things worse, the spawning was terrible, as mentioned, one of the helicopters is painfully difficult to obtain, and that is the Police Maverick because it only spawns when chasing the player, which means it can never be found on a helipad, despite the game having a police station with stairs leading up the the helipad, and also the hearse is another example as it could only be obtained from one mission, it never spawned outside of a cemetery or funeral home.
Another thing is the weapons, while GTA V has a lot of different weapons including everything from your basic pistol, to your basic shotguns and machines guns to grenade launchers, rpgs and miniguns, to golf clubs and nightsticks to my personal favorite, the sticky bombs to a broken bottle (many people complain about this because it's not as effective as a gun but I really like this weapon because it adds variety. GTA IV on the other had a weapon 'variety' that is below the bare bones, even the sticky bombs were cut and it was lost potential seeing a completely deserted golf course with no golf club weapon and no golf cart to drive for that matter.
Lastly, the mission variety, GTA IV had poor mission variety, and while it was repetitive, at least the missions remained fun to play throughout thanks to a refining of the shooting, but it still lacked the variety. GTA V on the other hand has excellent mission variety, the days of 'Drive from A to B and shoot C' are gone, every mission I went into I had no idea what I was in for, one time I am hijacking a huge cargo plane mid flight and the next time i'm escaping a burning skyscraper, you can tell that the missions are better in GTA V right from the get go as it starts with an intense shootout instead of a 'Drive/Ride from A to B' mission, and lastly, there were no boring filler missions (say what you want about the heist preparation mission but they take so little time, unlike some of the horrible filler missions from the bast such as Life's a Beach (or as I like to call it, Life's a B*tch) from GTA San Andreas or First Date from GTA IV)).

Story (Winner = GTA IV):
GTA IV definatley has the better story but despite popular belief, gameplay is more important than story, come at me story whores (just for a little clarification, this is not aimed at GTA IV fans, but rather all those idiots out there who think that story is the one determining factor of a game (often that refers to Mass Effect and Metal Gear fanboys)). Just because GTA IV has the better story, GTA V is not the horrible story that everyone claims it to be, it is still a very good and well written story and in some ways, it could be considered better than GTA IV's story, for example, thanks to mission variety and multiple protagonists, it feels like that the protagonists are doing what's done in the missions because they want to and not because someone told them so, sometimes in GTA IV is was hard to shake the feeling that you were a glorified errand boy, "Niko, I need you to shoot some guys", "Niko, I need you to drive a getaway van", "Niko, I need you to jump off the Empire State Building" (which was ironically a mission in TBoGT, but obviously not a mission where you felt like an errand boy). Lastly, to all those complaining about GTA V's story, I would like to see them write a better story while still retaining the quality gameplay.

Place (Winner = GTA V):
Back in 2008, and in some areas, still today, Liberty City was amazingly detailed, but in other ares, mainly the airport, golf course and the various construction sites around the city, a lack of vehicle variety makes these areas feel dead, and there is the obvious fact that New York City is the single most overused setting in anything. While Los Angeles is also an overused setting (it could be considered the second most overused setting, the United States is just an overused setting in general), it is not as overused as New York and GTA V's map in a whole has the countryside and small towns to explore when you get tired of the city, and thanks to the return of much needed vehicle variety, the areas which felt dead in Liberty City feel more alive than ever in Los Santos.

TL,DR: I was not expecting to write this much but still, read it, no one on a forum site should be expected to summarise their thoughts (unless maybe there are pages long) because some people lack the ability to read.

OFF TOPIC: Sometimes I think it would be nice to grab a bucket of popcorn and watch the debates between Gta_V_Fan_101 and SonOfLiberty, Paper Mario fanboy or GTA IV fanboy, it's much better than seeing posts made by ignorant Metal Gear Solid fanboys.
  • The Odyssey and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Just V everywhere. I liked it more in every aspect.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

there were no boring filler missions (say what you want about the heist preparation mission but they take so little time, unlike some of the horrible filler missions from the bast such as Life's a Beach (or as I like to call it, Life's a B*tch) from GTA San Andreas or First Date from GTA IV)).

I can't say I agree. What about "Hang Ten"? The only thing you do in that mission is drive from Floyd's apartment to the strip club. That's it.

"Did Somebody Say Yoga?" IMO is massively overrated. Everyone would hate this mission if it wasn't for Michael's epiphany. The yoga session can't even be skipped unlike the bowling game in "First Date".

I think the fairest thing would be to say GTA V has less filler missions. Saying it has none at all is a bit of an overstatement. It's no innocent angel as far as I'm concerned.

• fefenc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users