Photo

How to play Rooftop Rumble

12 replies to this topic
Kerberos42
  • Kerberos42

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:59 AM

I've managed to play this twice while choosing a Quick Mission from the phone.  Good pay out and RP, but how do you start it yourself?  Its not in my Rockstar mission list when I go to start a job from the Online menu.  I'm level 81, and I've also tried calling Martin, but RR never comes up.

Also, what determines what missions show in the Host Job menu? I only have a handful there, and only one shows as completed, yet I've completed tons if missions.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

You can only get it from Martin via txt. Unfortunately some missions just never seem to be offered. I'm having the same problem with Docks to Stocks.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:14 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 08 February 2014 - 06:16 AM.

Usually texts, but I've been seeing it pop up more on the job selection screen, after completing a race or a mission. Try it on free aim money is still the same $18750 but 4500 RP for completing plus additional 31 RP per kill.

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

you can call martin and sometimes he gives you the mission you dont necessarily have to wait for the mission to pop up on its own.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

You can only get it from Martin via txt. Unfortunately some missions just never seem to be offered. I'm having the same problem with Docks to Stocks.

DTS 1 & 2 are both inactive at the moment for some reason.

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

American Exports is kinda like Docks to Stock.
  • BigBrother67 likes this

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

The ways to get the mission from him have been mentioned above, but I'll just add this.  If you call Martin for a mission and he gives you one that you don't want to do, you can just wait around for about 3 minutes and call him back and get another one.  I try and give him a call every few minutes while I'm freeroaming around or doing something in the open world on the chance he might give me Rooftop Rumble.  If not, I do some other mission and look for it in the vote screens.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

American Exports is kinda like Docks to Stock.

Yeah, if there was a DTS3, American Exports would be it.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

Where you are when you call has a lot to do with what missions they give you. If you want rooftop rumble or defender from martin, call them when you are near their starting location.

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Where you are when you call has a lot to do with what missions they give you. If you want rooftop rumble or defender from martin, call them when you are near their starting location.

i thought about that before and have tried it and it doesnt seem to work.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:03 PM Edited by GTA-Addicted, 08 February 2014 - 05:04 PM.

First of all: Find a friend who never done a Martin mission before (never accepted a job through phone/text)

Let this person call Martin and request job, if everything went right Rooftop Rumble will be the given job

Start up RR and finish it

Let friend call Martin and request job, Rooftop Rumble will be given

Start up RR and finish it

Let a friend call Martin and request job...... aah well, I think you'll get it now :)

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

I got RR as soon as i hit 75. Literally 1 minute from ranking up. 25k for a 5 minute easy as heck mission lol. I was expecting a challenge doing it solo.

I missed this post so thanks for the confirmation. I wonder why? may have something to do with people farming RP by hovering over the final landing part i guess. More proof that scrubby glitchers are f*cking this game to hell.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

I got RR as soon as i hit 75. Literally 1 minute from ranking up. 25k for a 5 minute easy as heck mission lol. I was expecting a challenge doing it solo.

I missed this post so thanks for the confirmation. I wonder why? may have something to do with people farming RP by hovering over the final landing part i guess. More proof that scrubby glitchers are f*cking this game to hell.

Yeah they have rp glitches tied to them Probably taken out of rotation. Would guess fixed in 1.10 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users