Photo

Swiping Kings: The Race Continues

47 replies to this topic
Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

I played all seven missions and I cant wait for next mission. I have to ask... Are you still working on this?

Yes, of course, I wouldn't let a mission pack unfinished, don't worry about that.

Currently, I'm focused on my college until May. You can expect a new mission out then :)

mc.jocco
  • mc.jocco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

It's good to hear that. :) Well, good luck with college, and with this mission pack too. :)

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

After some people expressed their wishes to see a new mission of Swiping Kings released, I can say that the 8th mission, last mission of chapter 1 has been released. However, due to many personal stuff I need to deal with in this time, chapter 2 is gonna be started in a couple of days.

Have fun and give me feedbacks, guys :)

Be Kowalski
  • Be Kowalski

"I wasn't counting cards, I was cheating."

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Well, better late than never, Jimbo. :D Just downloaded it.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Can you please upload all missions in archive? You know, i'm always waiting for designers to do this since i'm lazy.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:33 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 16 April 2014 - 07:39 PM.

@ Be Kowalski - Hey, man, nice to hear from you :) Alright, looking forward to your feedback later, man ;)

@ AnDReJ - Sure, bro, it's uploaded  ;)

Be Kowalski
  • Be Kowalski

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

So, played it, loved it. Just like all of your missions. :D Almost didn't made it in that first part (you know what I mean :) ). So I'm lookin' forward for more and I wish you luck in that personal stuff.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

So, played it, loved it. Just like all of your missions. :D Almost didn't made it in that first part (you know what I mean :) ). So I'm lookin' forward for more and I wish you luck in that personal stuff.

Thanks a lot, man, I'm glad you liked it so much :) And yeah, the first part is pretty much impossible to do if you're not precise and careful.

New mission will be out in the next couple of days.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Update: 9th mission uploaded. Have fun, play the missions and give me feedback, guys :)

Also, to alert everyone who is following this mission series and the whole ''Swiping Kings'' franchise, only two missions left until the series ends, so stay tuned ! ;)

• KD himan likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:05 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 21 April 2014 - 07:13 AM.

UPDATE: LAST TWO 10th and 11th mission uploaded. A ZIP file with the complete 11 missions + the Prelude mission uploaded.

''Swiping Kings: The Race Continues'' as well as the whole ''Swiping Kings'' franchise has been finally finished. I hope you guys had a great time playing the series from the beginning to the end, I appreciate every feedback you gave me and I encourage anyone who hasn't played the franchise yet to play it if you want :)

It's been great and I'm proud that I finally managed to finish it since it's the project I've enjoyed working on the most out of all my other mission packs. :)

Stay cool guys :)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 21 April 2014 - 07:58 AM.

I'm going to miss this series. :( Oh well, I'll play the last 2 missions and update this post with my thoughts. 

Edit: Well, I can say that was a perfect ending to the SK franchise. The 2nd last mission got me on the edge of my seat, so much going on! The credits mission was very well done, the final scene was a perfect note to end the series on, espcially the part where we see Leon roll up beside John in slow motion. although I wish we knew more about Leon and Ricky. (There may of been a mission about them in previous SK mission packs, I can't quite remember) 

One thing though, that kind of bugged me, was the fact that the crew completely forgot about Donny, Scott and Lucas, considering the fact that they made a big deal out of Jason dying (nothing against Jason btw haha) 

Other than that, I'm glad SK ended in such a positive way. Great work! 

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:25 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 21 April 2014 - 08:20 AM.

I'm going to miss this series. :( Oh well, I'll play the last 2 missions and update this post with my thoughts. 

Thanks, bro :) I hope it won't disappoint you ;) I took it to let's say memorable ending as if it was an on-going journey.

EDIT to Odyssey: Thanks on the fast feedback, man :)

Well, Leon and Ricky were never a part of Swiping Kings series until the last mission. I decided to bring them as 2 new characters (as well as Tanya, Leon's sister) to show that Jason had made some good friends during the month he spent in LV after the crew got exonerated for bringing down Riley. But, I also wanted to show how Jason's true friend (John) decided to pay last tribute to Jason with finding out who his friends in LV were and to race them in Jason's honor.

If I ever decide to expand this mission series (I'm not sure if it's ever going to happen), it will be in a different direction and that would be focusing on the story of Leon and how he got to LV and pretty much that one month period while Jason was alive.

About Donny, Scott and Lucas.. Yeah, I've thought about that. Scott and Lucas were always on their own and John reffered to them in the second mission of ''Swiping Kings: Sequel'' telling Zack that he doesn't know where they are. That way I wanted to show that Scott and Lucas were independent and other than helping John and Zack with a job in Los Santos, they aren't really that important. However, with Donny, it's the other way around. Donny was a good friend of John, but still not good enough. They had one common thing back in the day - Killing Franklin. Besides, the only time Donny and the rest of the crew spent time together was on a job in Los Santos (ripping Charles Luther's money off) and catching Riley in San Fierro. Donny was a some kind of a ''bussines friend'', not a real friend like Jason. That's why the team mourned Jason so much more than Donny. Jason was with John from mission one of the Swiping Kings franchise. :)

I hope I cleared that out for you :) 

• The Odyssey likes this

Be Kowalski
  • Be Kowalski

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

I've just finished playing those 2 last missions. And you again did your best there. And I've noticed something:

Spoiler

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

I've just finished playing those 2 last missions. And you again did your best there. And I've noticed something:

Spoiler

Hey man, thanks on the feedback, I'm glad you liked it :) Haha, yeah, you're right :)

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

Like said, I played this as well.

I gotta say this goes high up on the list of my favorite mission packs from you (still doesn't beat the Platinum Circle and the Runaway) so this was was really good like all of yours are. I don't know how many times it has to be said but again, the storyline is great even tho I know this one is highly inspired from FF7. However, I caught one loophole in the storyline.

Spoiler

Anyway, this mission pack had a lot more gameplay than Code of Silence had so I really liked that part.

Kinda had to leave this feedback short but anyway, great work once again and I'm just waiting for what you have in store next.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:11 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 03 June 2014 - 04:11 PM.

Like said, I played this as well.

I gotta say this goes high up on the list of my favorite mission packs from you (still doesn't beat the Platinum Circle and the Runaway) so this was was really good like all of yours are. I don't know how many times it has to be said but again, the storyline is great even tho I know this one is highly inspired from FF7. However, I caught one loophole in the storyline.

Spoiler

Anyway, this mission pack had a lot more gameplay than Code of Silence had so I really liked that part.

Kinda had to leave this feedback short but anyway, great work once again and I'm just waiting for what you have in store next.

Hey, man, thanks on the fast feedback once again :)

Actually, yes, you're right. It is inspired by FF7, but since the movie isn't completed yet, there is practically maybe 1% I actually got anything down from the real movie. It'll be interesting to see how much the movie is different from what I managed to do though. :)

Also no, it's not a loophole :)

Spoiler
;)

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hey, I just played all of the missions

Pretty short continuation of Swiping Kings, just like what I said for your Code of Silence. And the story was Jimmy old style, twist there twist here. That's what makes your missions unique, when we try to guess that might be an A ending, the ending was B instead

Oyeah, and the plothole Notna said before. Haha, way to go to cover that :D (or you mean to do that ?)

I fail some of your missions numerous time because the car is easily flipped. And the part the Yakuza chase you, they flipped also. Gosh

4/5 I think, not to high not to low
Cheers

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hey, I just played all of the missions

Pretty short continuation of Swiping Kings, just like what I said for your Code of Silence. And the story was Jimmy old style, twist there twist here. That's what makes your missions unique, when we try to guess that might be an A ending, the ending was B instead

Oyeah, and the plothole Notna said before. Haha, way to go to cover that :D (or you mean to do that ?)

I fail some of your missions numerous time because the car is easily flipped. And the part the Yakuza chase you, they flipped also. Gosh

4/5 I think, not to high not to low
Cheers

Hey, man, thanks on the feedback :D I appreciate it.

About the plothole, as I said before, it's not actually a plothole, I meant to do that from the start :) Just as Zack has his blue Elegy and John has his black Cheetah, that's how Lex had his black ZR-350, but has never driven it before because it was his own. It was better for him to drive the ''crew'' ZR because if it got banged up, it's no big of a deal. ;)

Cheers :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users