Photo

Passive Players, Chumps?

168 replies to this topic
Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Man, the "deathmatch breaks inmersion" thing was comedy gold!

In free roam you have a map where everyone position is showed, you spawn after your brain was pierced right in the action, you have tanks rolling around freely, you have cops spoiling shootouts even in the mountains... BUT watchcocks avoids deathmatches because "they ruin inmersion".

Man, some people really doesnt know when it is time to pack your stuff and stop the nonsense.

All of those things do too, but not as much as repeatedly killing the same person 5+ times in an arbitrarily enclosed space.

Although im thinking it would be you thats getting killed repeatedly lol

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

The radar showing enemies you cant see in free roam, only that one thing between all the nonsense present in free roam, that makes up for every single piece of stupidity a deathmatch has (and there's plenty there too).

And mind you, LTS and capture erase a good part of DM stupid parts.

Dedicated pvp modes > free roam for pvp purposes.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Man, the "deathmatch breaks inmersion" thing was comedy gold!

In free roam you have a map where everyone position is showed, you spawn after your brain was pierced right in the action, you have tanks rolling around freely, you have cops spoiling shootouts even in the mountains... BUT watchcocks avoids deathmatches because "they ruin inmersion".

Man, some people really doesnt know when it is time to pack your stuff and stop the nonsense.

All of those things do too, but not as much as repeatedly killing the same person 5+ times in an arbitrarily enclosed space.

Although im thinking it would be you thats getting killed repeatedly lol

No. Why do people think because someone doesn't like something it it because they are bad at it.
  • JayDM420 likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by watchclock, 09 February 2014 - 10:45 PM.

The radar showing enemies you cant see in free roam, only that one thing between all the nonsense present in free roam, that makes up for every single piece of stupidity a deathmatch has (and there's plenty there too).

I said I like LTS. I'm used to playing Arma 3 without HUD, using compass, no radar , no reticle, etc... so I do not disagree about problems with radar in GTA:O, there is simply nothing that can be done about it.

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

I've used Passive mode a couple of times, but mainly when I wanna go buy some clothes or do something particular. It's annoying when other people are running about in Passive mode though.

So sometimes I just wonder if Passive mode should be a Passive LOBBY? 2 separate worlds, Passive and.. Unpassive? Whatever.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

I said I like LTS. I'm used to playing Arma 3 without HUD, using compass, no radar , no reticle, etc... so I do not disagree about problems with radar in GTA:O, there is simply nothing that can be done about it.

Not using free roam for pvp?

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

The chumps are the ones griefing Passive mode users.

Been playing since launch and I have yet to encounter one of these so called "Passive mode abusers" That is just non sense from players who whine when they can't continue to grief somebody in free-roam.

• PkUnzipper likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

You can turn off the "radar" in options. So much for being hardcore if you rely on a minimap, huh watch?
You can turn off the "radar" in options. So much for being hardcore if you rely on a minimap, huh watch?

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

Can I turn off other peoples radar? Can I choose a no-radar session?

There's nothing hardcore about suicide.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

Of course. What do you think bounties are there for?

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Of course. What do you think impromtu races are used for?

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

The only chumps in this game are the players who go runnin' for their tanks because somebody got a revenge kill on them.

Hector Tavares
  • Hector Tavares

Formally JeepXJFreak98

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

No. The passive players aren't the chumps (most of the time anyway). As stated by many, players usually want to avoid confrontation with others in a combative manner, thus enabling passive mode. However, the ones who grief others and then are griefed themselves and resort to passive mode are the real chumps.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by beat_savy_9, 10 February 2014 - 04:31 PM.

Just to be clear, not using the minimap is suicide because everybody is using it despite it's immersion ruination, but using passive mode is sh*t because it ruins immersion correct?

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Of course. What do you think impromtu races are used for?

Racing - especially useful for car meets and crew interactions.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by watchclock, 10 February 2014 - 07:55 PM.

Just to be clear, not using the minimap is suicide because everybody is using it despite it's immersion ruination, but using passive mode is sh*t because it ruins immersion correct?
Yes, that's basically my position. Both issues could be fixed with dedicated sessions for each. But as it currently stands, with 1 or 2 passives in a session, it seriously screws up the feeling of danger that freemode otherwise does brilliantly

Pateens
  • Pateens

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

I jump in passive mode and watch peoples shootouts and fights with cops. I will never shoot at anyone who doesnt shoot cat me first. Doesnt bother me when people do though. Its a funny videogame

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Passive mode is wonderful in my books. I use passive mode when shopping or modding cars. I do not grief other players who are in passive mode because i get a soft-on from killing someone who can't defend themselves. Needs to be fixed though so you are not prone to any damage of any kind but also no one should be allowed to go into passive mode if they just attacked a player. That solves the issue with people grieving and than passive moding it and also ends the grief towards peaceful players.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

Passive mode is wonderful in my books. I use passive mode when shopping or modding cars. I do not grief other players who are in passive mode because i get a soft-on from killing someone who can't defend themselves. Needs to be fixed though so you are not prone to any damage of any kind but also no one should be allowed to go into passive mode if they just attacked a player. That solves the issue with people grieving and than passive moding it and also ends the grief towards peaceful players.

not a terrible idea there... I'll update it slightly - make passive mode 1000 to go into for "no reason" - make it 100000 to go into if you've used your gun with in the last minute - and make it free to go into if you've just died...

but also - yes if you're in passive mode, it should extend your shield to your vehicle - and you should not be able to be damaged, touched - basically make your a ghost in the server that goes through any player controlled objects.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users