Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP|SA] GTA SOL Trilogy (Map version 5)

236 replies to this topic
nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

@nkjellman - 1. They will be moved away a bit so they aren't right next door to each other. Doing it too much as X-Seti mentioned might decrease the performance but it will be trial and error till we get it right.

2. Adding more timecyc zones should relatively easy, it's not something I've looked atm. Worst case scenario we will have to sacrifice some default weathers for VC & LC, or maybe look into reloading a different time cycle if your in VC or LC.

3. I personally would like this to be an add-on sort of mod, depends on how much has to be changed to get this mod working properly.

4. I would think it would look horrible, again most likely the mirror will disappear if you look out to sea like with anything that spawns outside the bounds.

5. Guessing you mean manipulating the midpoint of a object? Don't think that will work, object will most likely disappear still.

6. I would like to in the future, but they will be add ons to this mod.

This mod will be done properly, I'm not interested in alternatives like putting LC/VC into a interior or something. If we can't do this properly then I'm not interested in continuing.

@X-Seti - 9000x9000 won't work I don't think. We can in SALA only double it (6000.0*2, 12000.0*2, 24000.0*2 etc.) so 12000.0*2 is the next up that we can use. I don't think there is a big performance drop for SA when rendering more water, but it will be the sectors that we have to worry about. If the performance gets bad then we'll move the map to the centre.

Other news! I forgot about the seabed for VC..... :facedesk:

b227ae315412076.jpg ee5be2315412084.jpg 922a05315412115.jpg 40af1b315412119.jpg 

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:35 PM Edited by X-Seti, 19 March 2014 - 07:40 PM.

6000*2, 12000*2, etc I did not know about this. Might have been why I had issues 5 years back.

We can use the seabed I did for SOL on the VC version. because LC doesn't have anything.

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Cool ok, do I need a special kind of KEd to load SOL? Noticed there is only the source, normal KEd seems to crash for me unless I'm doing something really stupid?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:52 PM Edited by X-Seti, 19 March 2014 - 07:54 PM.

Hello m8.

KED is VC only. there is no support multi img archives. Kcow the (Moomapper Author) did not know about multiple entries  added to the default.dat to support more img files. Up to 8 in all unless you use Fastman93's Img-adjuster.

So i've tried to modify the KED without success because I do not have all the source or the correct source for KED version 0.95.

I've set KED to load any imgs type 1 renamed to game_vc only put in the KED folder. You also need to set the path in the GAMES.TXT and GAMES.CFG to match where your running SOL from.

Ked 0.96 https://www.dropbox....ejt/KEd 0.96.7z

Wolf247
  • Wolf247

Writer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Actually, guys, Cottonmouth exists in Manhunt 2, and the Manhunt series exist in the GTA Universe. By the way, you could try to finish Upstate Liberty, or maybe add Ludendorf. I mean, we have no other 3D era render which could be used, but it's possible since they did the same with HD Liberty City.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by nkjellman, 19 March 2014 - 09:41 PM.

What I mean about loading and unloading IPL's is that it wouldn't actually be an interior. It's still the exterior world. When you are playing the game and go between cities, it will look like you are flying between them and that their one map.

Both ideas will create the same map playing wise. But if its possible to be able to get the game to be able to load and unload files, you won't need to worry about hacking all the different things so you can map outside the boundary.

With the boundary method:

-Radar tile format would need rewriting if you want functioning radar.

-Paths would need to be cracked outside the bounds. Personally, I think making paths with Cleo isn't a good idea. I remember the script for GTA IV that controlled paths to spawn different cars due to the taxi bug with high poly cars. This was buggy, and I'd rather have the taxi bug. I have a feeling that Cleo paths will be a lot of work as every behavior that peds/traffic do would have to be rewritten.

-Map boundary would need to be cracked most importantly.

-The maps can't be too far from each other otherwise it will eat up performance.

With the world wrap&data swap method:

-It would have to be programmed to teliport you to the opposite end of the map outside the bounds. It would need to look like things like water texture and clouds don't suddenly "shift" during the transition. It may be harder to prevent clouds looking like they are shifting.

-During the transition, on screen the player is flying above the ocean, or driving in a boat. In the background, the game is unloading all the ipl's, radar textures, paths, colisions, water.dat, etc. By the time they reach the map, it will all of loaded.

-The advantages is that the maps can be made so they seem like they are as far apart as you guys want. You just make the swapping process begin how ever far out the player is from the mapable area. Another advantage is there would be memory efficient. It will have more free memory as it will only have one map loaded at a time. A third advantage is you can just use the original cords for the maps. (Except LC and VC would need to be lowered so the water around the cities lines up with the ocean water outside the bounds.

The problem with this is eliminating the shift of the water, and the clouds. The other is finding a way to unload and load the files while in game. This is just an alternative idea encase you're unable to hack the boundaries. It would still be better if the bounds could be hacked.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 20 March 2014 - 01:14 AM.

he engine seems to like rendering water whether your looking at the sea or not.

Out of bounds water blocks aren't rendered when you're not looking into each of them.

Plus there's a limit of the amount of out of bounds water blocks that can be rendered, the default limit is 70 if I'm not mistaken.

Do you have Fastman93's IDfinder?

Up to 8 in all unless you use Fastman93's Img-adjuster.

You won't get dat analog clock  :sigh:

• nWo51289 and TJGM like this

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:22 AM Edited by nWo51289, 20 March 2014 - 07:23 AM.

You won't get dat analog clock  :sigh:

That's a shame.... :lol:

@nkjellman - We could do it that way by reloading the map, but we would also have to reload water.dat, nodes*.dat etc. (basically everything) which I'm guessing would be quite a bit more work to do. But at the end of the day I want to do this properly and also starting Trilogy was a bit of a 'cry-out' for someone to finally crack the map bounds, I'm sure it can be done. The more things we learn about the current bounds hack by Sacky, the easier it will be for someone to have a go.

Doing anything with Cleo will always be a last resort, yes it will not be a good idea and cleo was never in the first place designed to do those kind of things, it will just give us more problems.

There won't be any updates for the next 2 weeks or so from me as I'm going abroad to do a course. X-Seti will be around to answer any questions and I might from time to time pop in quickly to answer a few things.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

hellya2011
  • hellya2011

Hellya2011

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Maybe i'm just missing something obivious here that everyone else knows.... but how did you get past the model limit and the coordinate limit? I know thar several people tried before, but this is the first time i've seen it done... is there a new limit adjuster out there or something? (been away from the whole modding scene for a while)

but anyway, nice job with it!

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

No bullsh*tting with me,sunshine!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

I have an idea...you can add the Downtown District of GTA2 (someone converted it) next or near LC

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

@hellya2011 - Max ID limit is still 19999, in order to get VC (& in the past United's LC for testing) beside SA I had to delete all the LODs, also deleting LODs helps with the fact that the next limit after the model id limit (error: ID limit breached) that everyone hits is the TXD Limit (5000). To get objects to spawn outside the bounds I'm using Sacky's Limit Adjuster (same buggy boundary hack where objects only appears when you look towards SA). Hopefully in time someone will crack the boundary limit properly.

@HazzardX - You'll have to request that in the inFusion (map version 6) thread as I'm working on just a clean map with SA, VC & LC.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

I have an idea...you can add the Downtown District of GTA2 (someone converted it) next or near LC

How many times have I told you that GTA2 and GTA3 aren't the same era?

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

I know that GTA2 and GTA3 are not in the same era...That doesn't mean that Anywhere City woudn't exist in III-era..Beta III was still set in the 2D universe (some GTA1 and GTA2 characters were chosen to return in III,but the only one retruning was just El Burro)

TommyCJFaann
  • TommyCJFaann

Posterised.

• Members
  • India

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

@SergeantSavidge - Yes it's DK's mobile hud, my settings is based on this

I won't tell anything if you have informed me about using those settings.

Anyway,thanks for using my settings! :)

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

I know that GTA2 and GTA3 are not in the same era...That doesn't mean that Anywhere City woudn't exist in III-era..Beta III was still set in the 2D universe (some GTA1 and GTA2 characters were chosen to return in III,but the only one retruning was just El Burro)

Lol. You say that El Burro is the same one as in GTA1? Well it was in the beta, but if Anywhere City would reappear in a future GTA Game, it wouldn't look like it did back in GTA2... maybe some familiar areas like the Zaibatsu Village could return, but not everything.

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Lol. You say that El Burro is the same one as in GTA1? Well it was in the beta, but if Anywhere City would reappear in a future GTA Game, it wouldn't look like it did back in GTA2... maybe some familiar areas like the Zaibatsu Village could return, but not everything.
Yes..i didnt ever said that it would look the same..i said that he could use the one that was converted and edit it..
Also..think that this isn't a new gta game,it's just a mod

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

Good, okay :p

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:28 PM Edited by X-Seti, 31 March 2014 - 09:41 PM.

@TommyCJFaann - No, thank you for releasing your settings.  :) Nice to have a minimal hud instead of one that is over the top and covers the whole screen!

Again, this sort of request goes to the inFusions Request thread. While Anywhere City as has been mentioned here doesn't exist in the III universe, we could always do a adaptation of it for SOL. You'll have to wait for X-Seti to come online for an answer.

Also had some free time today so converted two more levels from Manhunt & moved VC further away. Do you guys think VC fine is where it is? I'll move it a bit more south.

34bfc6317920524.jpg

This is taking a bit longer than I wanted...btw attic & zoo2 converted from Manhunt.

Edit; X-Seti

The position of the map can be tricky because if these are all original models we don't want bridges that span out to long, I would prefer to we keep to the time tested method.

We maintain map version fives coordinates.

• Jeansowaty likes this

SergeantSavidge
  • SergeantSavidge

That is good. Do job right.

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:54 PM Edited by SergeantSavidge, 31 March 2014 - 08:57 PM.

...Wonder if Cleo would be advanced enough to do traffic....

Spoiler

This makes all of the vehicles behave in the same way as police vehicles do (much more realistic). Did you mean any traffic CLEO script or a script that creates traffic paths?

EDIT:

34bfc6317920524.jpg

Yes, I think Vice City could be a bit further south. Not too much, but just a bit imo.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

Extra islands will be on the infusions map. I could add the models from manhunt islands and maybe feature something to do with the earlier GTAI, GTAII maps (not sure how right now) as I do not want the maps to look to retro. I am trying my very best to update all the models.

The infusions map in time will be ported to the SA engine later when that map is near completion and we know more about the hacks.

GTASOL Trilogy map will replace the SOLBeta 69.5 map aka map version 5. This will be the original maps and will be back ported back to the VC Engine.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

A question - are the Manhunt peds going to be converted? What about the vehicles?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

Hmmm...

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:01 AM Edited by nWo51289, 11 April 2014 - 08:18 AM.

Sorry for lack of updates, been busy with work and finished my course recently. Hopefully will now have a more free time to continue working on Trilogy. First of all, I've started to do Core (LODless) from scratch, so now Trilogy will work with the default main.scm as well as other ones around the web. Also stuff that was cut from the game before release will be put back into the game like peds, vehicles, interiors etc as well as a number of fixes to the default game. Ignore any other mods like the hud etc in the screenshots below. They are no way part or included Trilogy....the great thing about ModLoader is that I can install mods that I like while working on Trilogy with the same copy! (First time ever I've only got one copy of SA on my laptop) 

@SergeantSavidge - Wow that really makes the traffic much more realistic, thanks! Do you know who the author is?

@Jeansowaty - Which vehicles? Aren't they the same from the GTA series? About converting peds......I suppose so...

237287320056153.jpg e861bc320056162.jpg

Vehicle density has been increased (it can be changed). cargrp.dat has been edited to spawn more different vehicles in traffic.

f62be3320056172.jpg 2524cd320056191.jpg

Vehicles that are hardly seen in traffic are now slightly more common.

63658d320056199.jpg 17ec78320056214.jpg

cc1760320056221.jpg 92513f320060779.jpg

Welcome back to SA Idaho....& fire escapes have proper collisions.

• SergeantSavidge likes this

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

Sorry for lack of updates, been busy with work and finished my course recently. Hopefully will now have a more free time to continue working on Trilogy. First of all, I've started to do Core (LODless) from scratch, so now Trilogy will work with the default main.scm as well as other ones around the web. Also stuff that was cut from the game before release will be put back into the game like peds, vehicles, interiors etc as well as a number of fixes to the default game. Ignore any other mods like the hud etc in the screenshots below. They are no way part or included Trilogy....the great thing about ModLoader is that I can install mods that I like while working on Trilogy with the same copy! (First time ever I've only got one copy of SA on my laptop) 

@SergeantSavidge - Wow that really makes the traffic much more realistic, thanks! Do you know who the author is?
@Jeansowaty - Which vehicles? Aren't they the same from the GTA series? About converting peds......I suppose so...

Vehicle density has been increased (it can be changed). cargrp.dat has been edited to spawn more different vehicles in traffic.

Please add back Stinger,Deluxo and Sentinel XS and maybe kuruma(civilian hotring)

Neddo
  • Neddo

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

Will Idaho and other cars with individual handlings be added to this mod?

SergeantSavidge
  • SergeantSavidge

That is good. Do job right.

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, it does, I use it all the time :D

The author is a guy on these forums called "madleg". I made a topic about how I wanted the vehicle AI like the police vehicles and he gave me that script. It's all his work :)

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:11 AM Edited by Jeansowaty, 12 April 2014 - 08:12 AM.

Wow! Peds from Carcer, badass! Well, about the cars there are some unique designs. Like, try making the wrecks driveable. Almost all of them look completely different, compare the MH2 Blista with the GTA3 Blista for example ;)

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

@HazzardX - At the moment I'm just adding vehicles that were cut out from the game and putting them back in according to the GTA wiki Beta vehicles.Then yes I'll convert a few vehicles from Vice City (including the ones you mentioned)

@Neddo - Yes, duplicate handling lines like the monster trucks now uses the same handling line which helps in freeing up unused handling lines for new vehicles. I want to avoid using HandlingAdder as much as I can as that just gives problems.

@SergeantSavidge - Thanks for the info! Sometime would like to get his permission to use his script for Trilogy as it makes the driving so much better.

@Jeansowaty - I'll look into those vehicles. In a default game you can free up 24 handling lines, which is great but I have to be careful as I don't want to use HandlingAdder in adding more vehicles.

• SergeantSavidge and Neddo like this

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:51 AM Edited by HazzardX, 12 April 2014 - 11:03 AM.

@HazzardX - At the moment I'm just adding vehicles that were cut out from the game and putting them back in according to the GTA wiki Beta vehicles.Then yes I'll convert a few vehicles from Vice City (including the ones you mentioned)
@Neddo - Yes, duplicate handling lines like the monster trucks now uses the same handling line which helps in freeing up unused handling lines for new vehicles. I want to avoid using HandlingAdder as much as I can as that just gives problems.
@SergeantSavidge - Thanks for the info! Sometime would like to get his permission to use his script for Trilogy as it makes the driving so much better.
@Jeansowaty - I'll look into those vehicles. In a default game you can free up 24 handling lines, which is great but I have to be careful as I don't want to use HandlingAdder in adding more vehicles.

also,dont forget to make Lobo (civilian Yardie Lobo)
Btw..stinger was in beta...it was looking as the vc version but its headlights looked different..and deluxo was in beta,probably because there are signs with deluxo drawn on them all over sa

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

I'll try not to forget. I haven't done much in the past few days apart from working on a cleo script...

95aaf6320717698.jpg

Very similar to Stream ini Extender, still incomplete but majority works.

[STREAMIMG]
memory= 536870912 *Streaming Memory in bytes. Equates to 512 mb
devkit_memory= 536870912 *Does nothing! :)
vehicles= 20
streamingvehicles= 80 *Streaming memory for vehicles taken from SALA
pe_lightchangerate= 0.0005
pe_lightingbasecap= 0.35
pe_lightingbasemult= 0.5
pe_leftx= 16
pe_topy= 16
pe_rightx= 16
pe_bottomy= 16
dontbuildpaths
[TRAFFIC] *Taken from ThirteenAG's SA_Traffic.cs. Need to get permission if I'm going to release this!!
absoluteMaxDespawnRangeOnscreen= 195.0
normalMaxDespawnRangeOnscreen= 163.0
spawnoffscreenringsize= 300.0
pedmindisttospawn= 151.5
pedmaxdisttospawn= 193.5
ExtPedLimitInstall= 99
IntPedLimitInstall= 99
[MULTIPLIERS]
densitymultiplierpeds= 15.0
densitymultipliercars= 15.0
[MAXAI] *Does this override multipliers?? 
maxaipeds= 100
maxaicars= 120
[GRASS] *Taken from ThirteenAG/TJGM's SA - Bonus Scripts grassdistance.cs. Need permission!!
grassdistance= 3000.00000
fdefaultmaxgrassfarclip= 3000.00000
fdefaultmingrassfarclip= 1.00000
fmaxgrassfarclip= 3000.00000
[CARCORONA] *Taken from a post _DK made. Need permission!!
carcoronasize= 0.4
[OPTIONS] *Taken from SALA. 1 = Enabled 0 = Disabled
blur= 0
heathaze= 0

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users