Photo

After complete GTA V...

38 replies to this topic
waikzguy8998
  • waikzguy8998

Desert Rat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

it at least gives a few more reasons to replay the story, similar to other GTA's

In this case, you can change your approaches on the heist missions, giving at least 6 different options for 6 different story lines.  I just tried the "firefighter approach" on the bureau heist mission and actually found it to be pretty awesome even compared to the high flying parachute in approach.

Just enjoy the ride, replay the story, save all the strangers n freaks for the end and oh, and SAVE the assassination missions for the end, use the stock market, and buy all the property.  That should add at least a few hrs of additional gameplay

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

If you combine stranger and freaks with regular missions there are plenty of missions. They divided it this time around.

I just think SOL remembers when IV was getting all this flack and maybe he has sympathy for us V fans.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

I just think SOL remembers when IV was getting all this flack and maybe he has sympathy for us V fans.

In some ways yeah. Just like GTA IV I think you just need to play the game with a clear mind (not comparing it to any of the past GTAs) and it's much more enjoyable like that IMO.

• Detective Phelps and Captain Arthur like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

In some ways yeah. Just like GTA IV I think you just need to play the game with a clear mind (not comparing it to any of the past GTAs) and it's much more enjoyable like that IMO.

I think that is the way every GTA should be played. The past ones are great games but R doesn't repeat themselves so we should accept that they rewrite the book with every game.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

:^: I agree with you for once, SOL. 

Let's be honest, IV wouldn't have gotten as much hate if SA wasn't released before it. Even if people hate it, you gotta remember that IV was the first GTA game to be made with the RAGE engine and that it was the first GTA to be made in the HD era. Like it, or not, IV helped R* a lot when they were making V. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

:^: I agree with you for once, SOL. 

Let's be honest, IV wouldn't have gotten as much hate if SA wasn't released before it. Even if people hate it, you gotta remember that IV was the first GTA game to be made with the RAGE engine and that it was the first GTA to be made in the HD era. Like it, or not, IV helped R* a lot when they were making V. 

Maybe but a lot of gamers in general have just become annoying elitists recently so I think from now on every GTA no matter how good it is will get hate and people will say the previous one was better.

I bet Red Dead Redemption 2 will get the same treatment as well.

• Cuexcomate likes this

nitrousoxide
  • nitrousoxide

Jimmy Leppard's Dupe Account

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

gta v story sucks ass comparing to gta sa and gta iv.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

gta v story sucks ass comparing to gta sa and gta iv.

Vs story is better than San Andreas' story. But IV has a better story than V.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:52 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 09 February 2014 - 12:12 PM.

Again, cramming three protags in a story that's not even as long as IV or SA, rears its ugly head.

With less focus on each protagonist, than on Niko, Johnny and Luis, and the story itself being pretty much a collection of loosely connected adventures, the story just can't feel as long as Carl's journey through San Andreas or Niko's desperate quest to find the traitor. Also, V doesn't have that many bland filler missions, like previous GTAs. It's a double-edged sword. On one hand, they cut the fat, and we didn't get another pointless chapter like Bohan/early Algonquin chapter in IV, but it also made the story seem shorter.

But it was still longer and more fullfilling than vast majority of video game stories nowadays, so it's not that bad. They just needed to structure it better.

Edit:

Maybe but a lot of gamers in general have just become annoying elitists recently so I think from now on every GTA no matter how good it is will get hate and people will say the previous one was better.

I bet Red Dead Redemption 2 will get the same treatment as well.

I wouldn't call criticising a new game and preferring previous installment in the franchise an elitism. If I said that V is a horrible piece of sh*t, that is a blight on the face of GTA franchise and IV is the greatest work of all time that will never be topped, no much how hard will R* try, then yeah.

I think V is an amazing game, that everyone should play. It's definitely best "all-around" game in the series. It has great story, setting, humor, gameplay (both core gameplay and features and side-missions) and if someone who hasn't played a GTA game in their life came to me and asked which game to play, I'd definitely point him to V.

I just believe previous games did certain aspects better (while also failing in others), and if some of these aspects are important to me (like, in case of IV, story, characters and atmosphere), of course I'll still prefer that game.

I'm sure a lot of people that criticise V think the same and actually liked the game. Maybe not as much as other GTAs, but liked nonetheless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users