After complete GTA V...

38 replies to this topic
Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

After complete GTA V story, i think the story doesn't feel that long.. I mean, after i beat GTA SA or GTA IV, or even GTA TBOGT, i feel like i just complete a journey, specially GTA SA. While GTA V is more like a busy day.

• saintsrow, universetwisters, Luddite and 3 others like this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

it does seem like that, but looking back I can say its a decent story and after playing through it a couple more times and finally getting 100% once, I started to notice the little things like my first day playing. It's a massive game, and has so much more capability. I cannot wait to replay it again on either PC or next gen. I have seen screenshots and am sticking with my gut about it, so I am sure a couple more times playing SP will flow nicely with the graphics the game truly deserved. hopefully sp dlc by then too... but its doubtful.

have you completed 100% op? or just the main story?

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

Try it again with different options.

Not only can the heists be changed, little nuances such as the mission-markers can trigger different cutscenes when approached by each protag.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Blame the draw distance. ;)

Oh wait.

• TJGM, Luddite, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Cuexcomate
  • Cuexcomate

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by Cuexcomate, 07 February 2014 - 12:19 PM.

After complete GTA V story, i think the story doesn't feel that long.. I mean, after i beat GTA SA or GTA IV, or even GTA TBOGT, i feel like i just complete a journey, specially GTA SA. While GTA V is more like a busy day.

The first half of the game was well paced, but the rest of it felt rushed (especially the last missions).

• sqre, TJGM, Luddite and 5 others like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

I've finished the game 4 times and I'm still finding cool, new things about it. I agree the story itself feels too short, but there's so much more to the game than meets the eye IMO.

I may criticise it in ways, but I can't deny R* put more into it than what some people may think. Anything from triggering missions from someone else to seeing different switch scenarios. I'm pretty sure I've discovered places I haven't been to before either.

Speaking as a GTA V critic I think the best way to enjoy it is put aside your prejudices and enjoy it for what it is rather than what it isn't. It's worked for me plenty of times.
  • TehTacoGuy, TheMasterfocker, ActionBronson and 2 others like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

I just hope that one day, one day, SOL might see the light and deceive IV. C'mon SOL! Join us! We have pizza here, over at the Los Santos club. We're much better than the Liberty City club. :p

• Miamivicecity, Luddite, Luuk' and 1 other like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

I just hope that one day, one day, SOL might see the light and deceive IV. C'mon SOL! Join us! We have pizza here, over at the Los Santos club. We're much better than the Liberty City club. :p

I like GTA V, but let's not get too carried away.;):p

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:42 PM Edited by Markhosdangerous, 07 February 2014 - 12:43 PM.

Well I think that it has a decent number of missions... there are 69 but it's like there were around 80 for me. On GTA IV a mission could take you around 8 minutes to complete (cutscenes included), but in GTAV it's around 15 minutes (if you watch the cutscenes). 

Example: GTA IV mission: A long way to fall - 7:21 // GTA V mission: Fame or Shame - 13:41

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

I have completed the story about 4 times now, because I want to see all the differences between approaching missions with different protags, or choosing a different option.

To me, the game can be rich and detailed for those who look for it.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

I like GTA V, but let's not get too carried away. ;) :p

NO! you WILL come. Here's your ticket.

2d1014664e44c06cf7d7e8fd175460f7.png

• Miamivicecity, Johan, CantThinkOfOne2013 and 3 others like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Well I think that it has a decent number of missions... there are 69 but it's like there were around 80 for me. On GTA IV a mission could take you around 8 minutes to complete (cutscenes included), but in GTAV it's around 15 minutes (if you watch the cutscenes). 

Example: GTA IV mission: A long way to fall - 7:21 // GTA V mission: Fame or Shame - 13:41

To be fair this isn't the case for every mission. Most of the heist prep tasks can be completed in a couple of minutes and some of the longer ones such as Scouting The Port and Reuniting The Family are tedious and boring IMO.

On my first save I had to keep checking I wasn't going too fast which is something I've never done with any GTA before. In ways I agree with the OP it feels more like a busy day (busy week is probably more realistic) than a long journey that takes place over months like the previous games.
  • Luddite likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

To be fair this isn't the case for every mission. Most of the heist prep tasks can be completed in a couple of minutes and some of the longer ones such as Scouting The Port and Reuniting The Family are tedious and boring IMO.

On my first save I had to keep checking I wasn't going too fast which is something I've never done with any GTA before. In ways I agree with the OP it feels more like a busy day (busy week is probably more realistic) than a long journey that takes place over months like the previous games.

Reuniting the Family is tedious? I actually thought that it was one of the best missions in the game.

ALSO, WTF MY MOUSE IS BROKEN. THANKS, SOL! YOU BRING BAD LUCK.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

We gotta - we gotta request for backup, a problema between a GTA IV fanboy and a GTA V fanboy, units are to proceed guns blazing - Radio static -

• Miamivicecity and TJGM like this

elflamingo2
  • elflamingo2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

It seemed a little short, but with all the strangers and side missions there was more than enough to keep me busy. I still play free-roam and mess around.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Rather it be a little bit short than way too long and drawn out like GTA IV was.

Don't get me wrong, loved GTA IV, but I think I've only played through the storyline like three times cause it's so damn long.

Bestrafe_Mich7.62
  • Bestrafe_Mich7.62

Der Metzgermeister

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:13 AM Edited by Bestrafe_Mich7.62, 08 February 2014 - 12:13 AM.

I didn't really even see it coming when it ended. I was just like "wow, that was it?"

I feel like it's just because they kept missing deadline after deadline when making the game and rushed at the end to just wrap it up and get it done with.

I think that's why there's so much wilderness too. They probably planned on adding more cities but in the end realized they bit off more than they could chew.
  • Tikhung likes this

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

Yeah, in GTAV, it definitely felt like each event had more focus on it than the previous games, like, compare Sweet and his generic NPC girlfriend getting shot at by former Families dudes, to Lamar Down. There may be, in a sense, LESS to the story, but that's only because it felt as if each mission had more to convey and actual importance to the story.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

I would of liked a few more missions in the game as for me it was a little shorter than I would of liked. I still enjoyed the first playthrough that I did of it and now 5 months after release I have just started my second playthrough today to see if I feel different about the protags or the game in general.

Volante Cie
  • Volante Cie

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

I think they really wanted to focus on the online part with gta v. The story was long enough for me, could've been a bit longer and I agree with the fact that the last missions were quite rushed. But, with all the sidemissions and hidden packages included and I've been playing it for quite a while and now I'm enjoying online for a few weeks. And I guess the good part of online is, is that they can keep adding content. More story mode missions will be difficult because of the 'open' end this time :p

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Speaking as a GTA V critic I think the best way to enjoy it is put aside your prejudices and enjoy it for what it is rather than what it isn't. It's worked for me plenty of times.

exactly. biggest and brightest of all the gta's so far.

sp was fun each time, and each time i would prefect one thing i could not get right the last time, which makes the story flow that much smoother.

my biggest thing the 2nd time, was heist planning and crew members.

since i already played once i knew how to take advantage of having a cheaper crew at the beginning, instead of paying all my money to guys who cost too much. or vice versa if you want to save the trouble of dealing with noobish crews and just pay for top flight security of the world craig.

I think they really wanted to focus on the online part with gta v. The story was long enough for me, could've been a bit longer and I agree with the fact that the last missions were quite rushed. But, with all the sidemissions and hidden packages included and I've been playing it for quite a while and now I'm enjoying online for a few weeks. And I guess the good part of online is, is that they can keep adding content. More story mode missions will be difficult because of the 'open' end this time :p

they should have switched focus to single player dlc. gta v online is a horrible representation of gta v.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:24 AM

25% - some heist

75% - Do i wanna do family stuff? or help the fib? this story is real screwed up bro.. 

Orlansky
  • Orlansky

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

I still find odd fun stuff to do that I missed before. And especially living in San Diego the game looks so much like this area it makes it even more interesting.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:27 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 08 February 2014 - 07:28 AM.

Reuniting the Family is tedious? I actually thought that it was one of the best missions in the game.

ALSO, WTF MY MOUSE IS BROKEN. THANKS, SOL! YOU BRING BAD LUCK.

This. Reuniting the family was more entertaining than some of the heists. It was several missions combined into one, I just loved the cutscenes

-Jimmy returns

-Giving Lazlow a makeover

-Beating up Fabien

-Therapy session

It was all great, much more entertaining than most missions in the game

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:38 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 08 February 2014 - 07:41 AM.

I've played the story 3 times now, the last one being a straight hard charge through it. It still takes 25 or so hours, and that's pretty long by today's standards.

On my last playthrough I started noticing certain things characters said(Lester talking about his unpredictable partner in crime, Trevor telling Mike 'I'll tell ya later' during I Fought The Law, etc) and it sure seems like these were left open for a future DLC or story expansion.

If you want a ridiculously long story, try Xenogears. It's around 80 hours to complete just the story, no free roaming.

Bottom line is, this story is more about quality than quantity. Do I wish it were longer? I wish it would never end!

That's just a sign that it's good.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

I still play single player. But I do agree with the people who wanted more missions. There was even a cut heist!

GTA V is one of the best games of the 7th generation consoles, despite some of the disapointments (no vigilante missions, for example).

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

I don't think the story feels short but it definitely could have been longer (maybe with that cut heist the post above references).

However, I still really enjoyed it and the rest of GTA V :)

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

after i beat GTA SA or GTA IV, or even GTA TBOGT, i feel like i just complete a journey, specially GTA SA. 

For me, V was more of a journey than IV was. 

V has so many weird and interesting characters that would give you a large variety of missions stretched across the huge map. IV never really felt like it got started and all of the sudden it was at the end. 

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:14 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 08 February 2014 - 06:15 PM.

This. Reuniting the family was more entertaining than some of the heists. It was several missions combined into one, I just loved the cutscenes

-Jimmy returns

-Beating up Fabien

-Therapy session

Huehuehuehuheue. That's SOOOOOOO funny!

:bored:

That was an overstatement. Okay, it wasn't one of the best missions in the game but, at least it was more entertaining than going bowling with your virtual girlfriend. 

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

-Jimmy returns

-Beating up Fabien

-Therapy session

Huehuehuehuheue. That's SOOOOOOO funny!

:bored:

That was an overstatement. Okay, it wasn't one of the best missions in the game but, at least it was more entertaining than going bowling with your virtual girlfriend. 

I actually liked that mission. Mike whacks Fabien's head with that laptop. :lol:

I also liked how Mike got revenge on Lazlow.

But the heists will always be the best missions, no matter what. The best mission that isn't a heist was caida libre, in my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users