Quantcast

» «
Photo

Game only RECENTLY started freezing (PS3)

40 replies to this topic
screenhog15
  • screenhog15

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

I got a new disc, just to make sure.

I deleted all game data and updates and restored file system to get rid of corrupted data. Time to see if this continues to freeze, if it does still randomly freeze, I'll delete update data and then play offline for a bit and see if it is better. 

tell us if that does anything, i might sell my disk and buy the digital version

Cam93
  • Cam93

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

Has anyone had these freezing issues with the digital copy of the game? And has anyone found a solution yet? It's getting worse for me, becoming unplayable, SP and MP.

SnakeskinD
  • SnakeskinD

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

hey guys. I also believe that its the updates that are causing the problem!!! I pre-ordered GTA5, got it day 1 release, and played through it to completion without issue. went off and played other games, and only recently came back to play it again, now, after installing all the updates, (as of this post, the recent 1.16 patch) I have also started to get game-breaking freezes and crashes, on both online, and single player!!!! I have the disc, so cannot comment on digital download, but I have found that if I want to play single player, I have to do it with the internet connection switched off in the XMB settings to get it to load, I don't know if that will help any of you, but as far as the online portion, I'm still finding that to be largely unplayable.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

clear game cache? delete and redownload patches? scan for errors and defrag your HD? 

honsbeek
  • honsbeek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

This is happening to me now ,

When first start playing the game never an issue , now suddenly after a week or so , freezes every time the game is loaded and somewhat after gameplay it freezes (not online version)
I try restoring the PS3 system and the problems remain , also tried File restore thing.

How can this be fixed ???

See last entry was in 2014 feb , now it's 2015 , the game is in it's latest version and my system is also . Clueless now

Any help really appreciated

Thank you

Ralph

cwc2k1
  • cwc2k1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

This is so frustrating. I'm having the exact same problem. I bought the game at release, played for a few weeks and then sold it. Just recently picked up a used copy and wanted to start playing again, but not it freezes after 5-10 minutes, even in single player. I tried everything listed before. I vacuumed my system which didn't look that dirty on the inside but I can't help but wonder if maybe the updates put enough strain on the system to make it run just barely hot enough that with a tiny remaining bit of dust it gets too warm and freezes. I don't know, thats all I can come up with. I have a CECHL01 80GB PHAT. So. Frustrating.

Oobe
  • Oobe

www.YouTube.com/oobe

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

started doing exactly same thing to me since today...
but my ps3 crashed the day before and i had to reformat everything, now i reinstalled it and its freezing exactly how described in here..

going to delete everything again and restore date base and file system i guess...

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

This game pushes the ps3 beyond it's capacity. I noticed I have more problems if there's lots of action and other people in the lobby. The outdated hardware simply can't keep up, the more explosions and people you add cause more problems to arise. The more stuff going on the hotter it runs. Also the thermal grease between the heatsink and the chip should be reapplied every 3 years or so for best results, after that it starts breaking down and doesn't cool at maximum potential anymore.

I took mine apart and cleaned and replaced (old fat model) and it helped some but didn't completely fix with full lobby, however this game will never run correctly with full lobbies and or lots of explosions, the hardware simply can't handle it. Works much better in invite only sessions with only a few people. Some of it is bad code too I'm positive cause my freezing only occurred during certain patches, after update behavior changes instantly. I also have ps4 and it doesn't freeze but it still doesn't work correctly and it's got a thousand times more processing power and memory, I think Rockstar has special needs children writing their code. For everything they fix they cause three more issues, lol
  • Oobe likes this

ten_hulk
  • ten_hulk

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

Free some space by deleting other game data and it will run smoothly.
Hope it helps

taish55
  • taish55

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:32 AM Edited by taish55, 19 July 2015 - 08:43 AM.

Hey guys so I finally was able to fix my gta 5 freezing problem after 2 weeks. All these methods are all on the youtube… sorry I am too lazy. 

Three best methods that helped me were….method 2, method 6 and method 7.

Method 1: deleting tons of game data and friends you don't play with anymore. I first started to delete my game files that I didn't use anymore. Eventually, I factory reseted my ps3 itself. NOTE: back up your data in to things like usb drive. Keep your game data to minimal when putting it back on the ps3. this did not help me much but it might help for you. this is the method that rockstar suggest but it did not have any effect on my ps3. 

Method 2: Used the fan mode. what this does is it puts your ps3 fan to its max speed spin for a moment. this blows all your dust within ps3 away. My friend and I did this method and it had a lot of effect. I strongly recommend this.

Method 3: Getting rid of your corrupted files. You can either do this from safe mode or just plugging your power code out while you are at the main menu of ps3.( don't worry it wont damage your ps3) I recommend this one also. 

Method 4: clean your ps3. Take your ps3 apart physically and clean it. It helps a lot. It makes the ps3 run smoothly without the chance of overheating. It didn't help me but it might help you.

Method 5: ok this method is not on the internet. One of the problem i had with my ps3 was that my ps3 was overheating. So I took the top cover off and just left it open. This way there are way more air ventilation. Make sure you put the cover on top of your ps3 when you are not using it since dust can get in your system. Also you can put four pieces of rubber beneath your ps3. it helps the keep the bottom part cool ( this rubber method is on the internet). I strongly recommend this one.

Method 6: Reinstall the patch and the game itself. I strongly recommend this. 

Method 7: buy a new copy of the disc. my disc was semi scratched so I bought a new one and now it runs smoothly. This ended my problem. you can try disc cleaner too but i don't think it helped on mine. 

Method 8: sign out of rockstar social club and your internet. Then sign back in. This did not help me but it may help you.

Method 9: if all the above doesn't work then it is either your internet strength or your ps3. I would replace the disc reader thing or your hard drive. there are a lot of guides out there in terms of how you can replace the specific parts of your ps3. It could also just be your internet strength being super weak. At this point though i suggest you get the ps4. but you can also send your ps3 to sony and fix it. I didn't have to do this.

Ways you can avoid freezing:

use only invite session. (less stress on your hard drive.)

try not call your mechanic. ( this helped me a lot)

drive slowly ( this kind of helped me)

Also try not to open your ps3 menu while your game is loading ( this helped me a lot)

If your ps3 freezes:

press eject button rather than turning it off.

Karan298_
  • Karan298_

Dope

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

Rockstar is doing this purposely as they want us to move on to PS4 or XBOX one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users