Vehicle Occupancy (Weight)

17 replies to this topic
G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

This is something I've just recently started thinking about and why not earlier, I don't know. Anyway I don't always use my bike (Akuma) and it's even less common for me to have someone riding along with me. Now it seems like the weight of the extra person does indeed play a factor in limiting the bike's acceleration and perhaps top speed. It also seems to have an effect on the handling (as it also should due to an extra ass on the bike).

I'm wondering just specifically how much it limits it (for example - 30% reduction?), even if we don't know an exact amount it does feel significant. It never really crossed my mind because I also don't really ride with more than 1 other person in a car, but do you feel a 2nd person in a 2 seater has any effect? How about 4 people in a 4 person vehicle? Or is this really only just with bikes?

Thanks.

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:56 AM

I'm not sure how to find out the values without modding but it must be quite substantial. If i ever have a second person on my PCJ (fully upgraded) it becomes really slow. I have never really noticed a difference in cars but i have noticed a difference in a fully loaded Bison (6 people). It slows up a bit and it handling goes completely out the window. Not sure about the Granger..

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:59 AM

I'm not sure how to find out the values without modding but it must be quite substantial. If i ever have a second person on my PCJ (fully upgraded) it becomes really slow. I have never really noticed a difference in cars but i have noticed a difference in a fully loaded Bison (6 people). It slows up a bit and it handling goes completely out the window. Not sure about the Granger..

Oh wow, that's interesting. I was figuring it maybe only affected bikes.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Holy sh*t, never noticed this before. R* always put this tiny little details that most people (like me) never notice. No wonder when I ride with another player on my faggio I see a significant drop of speed :turn:
  • KnobCheez likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

I know flying a fully loaded Luxor is harder than flying an empty one. You can feel the weight. I always thought it was just a placebo

• a20characterusername likes this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

I noticed this last night on my Western Daemon. Carrying a passenger sucks.

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

I noticed this last night on my Western Daemon. Carrying a passenger sucks.

Yea it really sucks when it comes to bikes. I can't imagine carrying a passenger on a stock bike.. or a Faggio. God speed to anyone who has a passenger on a Faggio.

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:28 AM

All vehicles have a defined weight in kilograms, this directly affects performance. Two vehicles, all other attributes being the same, the lighter one will accelerate and corner better.

Not surprisingly the lightest vehicles are often best-in-class for racing.

It does seem that additional passengers add weight and with bikes weighing the least to begin with they'll be affected proportionately more.

AbortSanity
  • AbortSanity

Mr Raspberry-Jam's Bitch

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

Yes, tested and confirmed a while ago, it affects top speed, acceleration & handling.

captainhowdy22
  • captainhowdy22

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

Faggios are for Faggios

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

Another thing that is kind of on the same vein as this thread.

Can your passenger lean forward to enhance the speed a little, or lean back to help with a wheelie.

Never tested this but I would assume that the pillion passenger leans the same way as the rider?

Would be cool if the experience of your passenger can aid the journey, like a real pillion passenger would have to do. (Obviously not in normal street riding, but when you start going quicker, a bad passenger will get you thrown off real quick.)

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Can your passenger lean forward to enhance the speed a little, or lean back to help with a wheelie.

Never tested this but I would assume that the pillion passenger leans the same way as the rider?

Would be cool if the experience of your passenger can aid the journey, like a real pillion passenger would have to do. (Obviously not in normal street riding, but when you start going quicker, a bad passenger will get you thrown off real quick.)

That would be, never thought of that either, from our perspective they just appear to be lumps. Will have to try it.

I definitely find it neat at least that it seems to affect vehicles other than bikes in this game in ways I didn't think they'd be clever enough to implement. It's the small things after all that matter.

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Holy sh*t, never noticed this before. R* always put this tiny little details that most people (like me) never notice. No wonder when I ride with another player on my faggio I see a significant drop of speed :turn:

i always noticed but never mention it until now it was the same effect in gta iv

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

definitely does have a significant effect on a bike., my test was to find a spot when i can do a backflip, then try it with a passenger... youl notice the difference in rotation speed and the top speed before hitting the jump..  agree with lord emporor that it must be down to the proportion of weight as bikes are sooo light compared to cars...

another test i though of is get a voltic and drive it somewhere and hit a curb at top speed, repeat with a passenger and see if the car flips/lifts less.... as the voltic is renowned for flipping with every pebble it hits you should notice the diff.

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

No. I have asked people riding along if they can lean forward and none of them were able to. I have also tried it as the passenger and was not able to.

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

No. I have asked people riding along if they can lean forward and none of them were able to. I have also tried it as the passenger and was not able to.

Well there we go then, thanks for clarity. :)

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Well there we go then, thanks for clarity. :)

I don't get why you can't though. I coulda swore that if you had an NPC on your bike in GTA IV they would lean forwards with you. Don't see why they couldn't bring it over. Would have been a nice way to counter the negative speed effects of having a passenger in V.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Yes, more people make vehicles go a bit slower. They accelerate, brake, and handle a little heavier. More people even make your top end slower which is bull sh*t. Your top end shouldn't go down, it should just take longer to achieve it. Not a big deal though I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users