Photo

Does turning off the headlights...

36 replies to this topic
dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

i turn my headlights off whenever i get a chance, but it does seem to have a small positive effect when cops are looking for you, the thing ive noticed is if your approaching a cop from behind (so his POV cone is in front of him) with light son they seem to turn around a lot sooner, compared to turning the light off where you can get quite close before they turn...

i have a tendancy to hide in the garden just south of michaels house (where you can do the gate glitch) and when i leave my light on they seem to spot me, tested last night dropping my lights off and they just drove around for a while and then gave up,  then got back to the gate launch

although these days its become second nature to take three lefts followed by three rights and it seems to shake them off pretty well

Might have a small effect, not sure. Going off of that I've read in several places if you're with someone (obviously share the wanted level) and you both get out of the car after finding a safe spot instead of both sitting there it supposedly speeds up the process a bit - no idea if confirmed or b.s.

No, but parking and getting out of the car will

My friends and i have tested this solo and while together,  getting out of the car does speed up the process by a few seconds or more depending on how close the cops were you (or Both) exited the car to a hiding place

as far as the OP's question we havent tested this one, but we always kill the lights and radio ..just seemed like the right thing to do

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

Driving to your apartment also helps.

No warrant, no entry. That's the rule.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Its the same as how silencers dont help keep you from gaining a wanted level.

Silencers do help keep you from gaining a wanted level :-P
no, no they don't. I could shoot a hiker on top of Chilliad with a suppressed pistol and get instant 2 stars.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 07 February 2014 - 02:23 PM.

I usually turn the lights off and I turn off the radio. Also if I'm in a convertible I pull up the roof. And I turn the cellphone to vibrate if I get a call.

One time I was hiding from the cops while my friend was with me and as I pulled up the roof to my car as I was hiding in an alley I said:

''Stealth mode. Engaged.''    We had a big laugh!

no, no they don't. I could shoot a hiker on top of Chilliad with a suppressed pistol and get instant 2 stars.

Yes because there is a flying UFO atop Chilliad camouflaged in the sky with alien-american citizens doing their civic duty and following their freedom!

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

That seems plausible. I know silencers will help during stealth missions but I never have seen a significant effect on wanted levels/police AI

When I was into PvP for a while, silencers made a huge difference.  I could kill a player or two, and not get wanted.  The other day, I also killed 3 or 4 Ballas and never got wanted by the cops.  Silencers also help when you're being searched by the cops, as you can fire and not get detected again.

They also help for missions, as enemy AI won't be alerted if you kill AI far enough away for them.  For example in the mission Lost my Mind, I killed two Lost members without alerting the others on the other side of the house.  Silencers make a big difference, but of course if you go guns blazing you're going to attract the police.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hiding in the bushes from the LSPD...

fffefd76e21c8ce1c48d56928b07128dad1f6158

• djmatao likes this

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

yea who knows if it actually helps but anytime I duck into an alley or hobo camp waiting out the stars or really anywhere when I have cops on me I will switch off the headlights, i mean at the very least it cant hurt haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users