iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

here is what you do after reaching 120:

play for a month or so with all those cool unlocks... :facedesk:

realize there is nothing more to gtao, and you should probably sell your console for a next gen, because that is truly all you have it for at this point anyways.

buy new gen console.

wait for gta, and enjoy better games until then.

also, online is for trolls. if you have not figured that out by rank 100, then just keep playing.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

you're done

get on with your life

• austintrain likes this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

next stop lvl120

• austintrain likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

Smear Marmite all over your face, hands and back of your pants then go outside and say hello to a few folk.

tried this earlier. forgot to wear pants...
  • SAUL_SILVER likes this

nmrgoodnightn
  • nmrgoodnightn

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Join a crew. I been playing also since launch and hit 100 maybe 2 weeks ago. Now I'm only 105 cause I haven t been doing missions. A crew makes stuff so much more fun
  • austintrain likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

There's a separate crew level you can level up to 100 as well. I'm level 160 or something now and only just joined a crew. Already up to level 30 in the crew but, so I don't know how quick it is to get to 100.

didn't know this. suspicious of crews, though. have resisted all invitations to join, so far.

You finished GTA:O's "story".

Do what you did when you finished SP.

actually, i stopped playing SP as soon as GTAO went live. so i never finished it...

Rank 100 is when the fun really starts so long as you're a fan of the RPG.

Using this weapon can make the GTA$ go pretty quickly but it's worth it. Kills griefers and tanks, makes missions so much easier and is the perfect weapon for going Jihadicide on deserving players.

how many rpg's does it take to kill a tank?

tried to take one on with my shiny, new rpg last night, only for a second tank to run me over.

ChilledMatt
  • ChilledMatt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

"just turn off my television set and go and do something less boring instead?"

Why don't you?
  • austintrain likes this

1CrazyFool
  • 1CrazyFool

More Than Mortal

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Joining a good crew was a game changer for me. I kept getting kicked out of race lobbies when I got over 150, joined a good crew and free roam is now fun, always good folks to race and do missions with and now level 219.

Failing that you could do 25 stunt jumps to unlock Lime Green paint.

• austintrain likes this

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

I played the "mixed up with coke" mission with randoms last night and at 122, I was the lowest level on this mission. Everyone else was in rank 200-500+, LOL

• austintrain likes this

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

I just hit level 100 on my main account last night, so the Mini gun is the only thing left to unlock.......as far as leveling up goes, I still need to complete the Stunt jumps to open the last color to paint my cars

But My goal is to have that little check Mark beside every mission, job, whatever you want to call it.......the Parachute jumps are going to be a challenge so i am now taking a break from so of the other stuff and working on them..

There are unlocks for Tattoos, and Guns that can be completed, unlocks for robbing stores, gang attacks .....all sorts of stuff

set your goals improve on your weak areas, But Always play to have a good time and some laughs

• austintrain likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

You want a struggle... try going from 100 - 200... that took ages.

• Tabula Rasa and austintrain like this

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Lots of respect if you have played all the way to rank 100; keep going if you want; I am breaking in 200.  Essentially though, over 90 percent of players with ranks over 100 that I meet In Game are completely full of it and exploited to get their rank.  I know because they either mention it since they don't care or if they don't have a mic..will otherwise give off many clues that point towards them being a very inexperienced player.  For example the other night I played a mission with someone who had both the rank 556 and Gamertag; 'I MOD GTA V'   

I actively seek lower rank players to play with not because I wish to help them or gloat, but because they are truly more often skilled and trustworthy in all facets of game play; this doesn't mean I don't trust high rank players..it just takes some evidence in that regard.

• austintrain likes this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

when i hit 100 i already was rich (thanks to all the hackers for the bounties, and rockstar for the glitches) so i immideatly stopped doing jobs, survivals, races etc.  they became very boring on my way to 100...

with my new rpg i started having fun with blowing up PVs from annoying people, very soon i decided to visit a badsport server,  50 000 blown up cars and 3 days of mayhem later i got there for 2 days.

i didnt like it on the badsport servers, u dont get a break there, its a bit too much warzone and the hat is ugly.

since then i crawl up the lvl ladder due to 90% freeroaming,  bounties and cars and stuff.  i am 111 now...

tl;dr:   only freeroam since  november, from lvl 100 to lvl 111, aiming for the 120 slowly

• austintrain likes this

SilkySkillz85
  • SilkySkillz85

DONTuKNOWimLOCO

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

i feel ya op, i'm level 111 and i'm completely bored with the game at this stage.

not quite ready to move on from the game yet as i still hold some hope that some dlc will be released soon.

also there's no other games out there that appeal to me right now, maybe when the new ufc game is released i might finally move on from gtao

• austintrain likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Um...rank 120?

• austintrain likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Use your new RPG to cause chaos and anarchy.
  • austintrain likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by austintrain, 08 February 2014 - 04:01 PM.

Joining a good crew was a game changer for me. I kept getting kicked out of race lobbies when I got over 150, joined a good crew and free roam is now fun, always good folks to race and do missions with and now level 219.

Failing that you could do 25 stunt jumps to unlock Lime Green paint.

quite a few posters have recommended joining a crew. it's something i've avoided thus far, but am considering, as i've yet to experience playing with more than one friendly player at a time.

do you have any tips, as to finding a good crew?

i've had a few random invites, but what i mean is, how can you tell a good crew from a bad one?

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

You should get max health before quitting
  • austintrain likes this

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

i dont get this question, every time its asked I sit and wonder to myself, "why do they have to ask this?"

Obviously keep playing the game if you are having fun, you will probably continue to rank up as You mess around. If you are asking this because You are bored with it, then stop playing. I dont quite understand why people need some sort of validation to continue playing.

So OP, if You enjoy it playing still, keep going, have fun with it. Collect the platinum awards, set new challenges for Yourself, just have fun. At some point Rockstar will add higher level unlocks, so that will probably give you something to look forward to at some point

:)

• austintrain likes this

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Don't stop now, Rank 100 is just the start.

Get as high as you can.

• austintrain likes this

plnkfloydian
  • plnkfloydian

|ATHF|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Shoot for level 120, i believe in you!
  • austintrain likes this

gtaDaddy1
  • gtaDaddy1

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

I'm rank 124 on my 1st character, 127 on 2nd. Finished story, not 100% but close, before online started. I'm seriously considering selling off garage and deleting 1st character. I just know as soon as I do they'll unlock 3rd character slot. It does get stale when their is nothing left to unlock. Thankfully helping my friends level up keeps me busy.
  • austintrain likes this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

so, i finally reached rank 100 (been playing since launch), which was always my goal.

felt like a bit of a struggle from 90-100, but had a lot of fun playing high-level missions with random players, mostly through the 'quick job' option.

now i've spent all my money in armouring my cars and buying a rocket launcher and i'm not sure what to do next. apart from the minigun, which i'm not interested in, is there any reason to keep ranking up?

or should i "just turn off my television set and go and do something less boring instead?"

Sit in your car doing the jerk signal over and over again while you're online. That sounds like the only thing that's left.

• austintrain likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

i dont get this question, every time its asked I sit and wonder to myself, "why do they have to ask this?"

Obviously keep playing the game if you are having fun, you will probably continue to rank up as You mess around. If you are asking this because You are bored with it, then stop playing. I dont quite understand why people need some sort of validation to continue playing.

So OP, if You enjoy it playing still, keep going, have fun with it. Collect the platinum awards, set new challenges for Yourself, just have fun. At some point Rockstar will add higher level unlocks, so that will probably give you something to look forward to at some point

:)

thank you for your thoughts, but my question really wasn't, "should i keep playing", as i fully intend to. i was attempting to ask, "is there anything else to unlock (apart from the mingun)?"

also, as i've been concentrating on ranking up (at least for the last month, or so) and have now reached my goal, i was wondering where to focus my energies next. not looking for validation, but for some interesting ideas from the peoples of this forum; whom i consider to be a pretty creative bunch.

having said that, i do feel somewhat validated in my efforts, by the many positive responses to my fairly commonplace thread. so, thanks again.

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

so, i finally reached rank 100 (been playing since launch), which was always my goal.

felt like a bit of a struggle from 90-100, but had a lot of fun playing high-level missions with random players, mostly through the 'quick job' option.

now i've spent all my money in armouring my cars and buying a rocket launcher and i'm not sure what to do next. apart from the minigun, which i'm not interested in, is there any reason to keep ranking up?

or should i "just turn off my television set and go and do something less boring instead?"

Sit in your car doing the jerk signal over and over again while you're online. That sounds like the only thing that's left.

thanks for the tip. been doing this for hours now. getting a bit dull, to be honest. not half as much fun as you implied. might switch things up by standing on top of the car for a while. can i change hands? or use both at the same time?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Gee, maybe use your minigun and your armored cars?

The f*ck...

• austintrain likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

Gee, maybe use your minigun and your armored cars?

The f*ck...

eh? but i haven't got a minigun yet, jack.

i was just asking about unlocks, really.

btw, the last line of my original post, was referencing an old children's television programme. not meant to be taken seriously...

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:59 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 08 February 2014 - 11:04 PM.

Haha woops I meant rocket launcher. And yeah didn't read much into the last line.

But yeah, your goal is to unlock the launcher, now use it?

EDIT; If you are going for unlocks for the sake of unlocking them only, go for weapon tints. Its fun adapting your playstyle to suit the weapon you are trying to level up. If DM isn't your thing, go for car mods. Even though the rewards are useless, at least the process of doing it is fun, and that's what its all about. Why people farm missions for something they will never use is beyond me...

• austintrain likes this

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by SAUL_SILVER, 08 February 2014 - 11:11 PM.

If you have to ask here i think mine was still the most sensible answer.

• austintrain likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

Joining a good crew was a game changer for me.

quite a few posters have recommended joining a crew. it's something i've avoided thus far, but am considering, as i've yet to experience playing with more than one friendly player at a time.

do you have any tips, as to finding a good crew?

i've had a few random invites, but what i mean is, how can you tell a good crew from a bad one?

for example, i've just had an invite from a crew whose emblem is a crudely drawn cock and balls?

do they sound like a good crew? i honestly don't know...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users