» «
Photo

rank 100. what now?

60 replies to this topic
austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by austintrain, 07 February 2014 - 01:15 AM.

so, i finally reached rank 100 (been playing since launch), which was always my goal.

felt like a bit of a struggle from 90-100, but had a lot of fun playing high-level missions with random players, mostly through the 'quick job' option.

now i've spent all my money in armouring my cars and buying a rocket launcher and i'm not sure what to do next. apart from the minigun, which i'm not interested in, is there any reason to keep ranking up?

or should i "just turn off my television set and go and do something less boring instead?"

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

Keep playing the game like you were before?

If you find it fun - play it.

If you don't find it fun - play something else.

• GTA Banjo, Tabula Rasa, austintrain and 2 others like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

Get platinum medals, earn every achievement/trophy, and get to 120.

The minigun is quite fun.

Also, go play some golf.

• GTA Banjo, austintrain, LuapYllier and 2 others like this

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

Now you have a full arsenal, go kill people

• Mojito and austintrain like this

vanchovega
  • vanchovega

head cheerleader, homecoming queen, part-time model

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:20 AM

get to rank 120 and buy the minigun, be the old lady that always take the stock in ammunation 

• austintrain and Killzone3265 like this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

There are no reasons past 120 - for obvious reasons - to keep leveling.

I'm at the point where I only play when new content has been released. I got a feeling that heist is going to be a 2 week craze for glitches, another 2 weeks to fix them, and then another 2 weeks of complaining about all of the above and that's it.

• Khaos89, austintrain and iheartlondon1969 like this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Keep playing the game like you were before?

If you find it fun - play it.

If you don't find it fun - play something else.

This. Rank adds up quickly and soon enough you'll be 200 with a lot of angry people kicking you from jobs. Those silly 4K+ RP missions on hard add up, damn them.

• austintrain likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

so, i finally reached rank 100 (been playing since launch), which was always my goal.

felt like a bit of a struggle from 90-100, but had a lot of fun playing high-level missions with random players, mostly through the 'quick job' option.

now i've spent all my money in armouring my cars and buying a rocket launcher and i'm not sure what to do next. apart from the minigun, which i'm not interested in, is there any reason to keep ranking up?

or should i "just turn off my television set and go and do something less boring instead?"

Keep. Going. You still have A Minigun to unlock!

Or, if you have some surplus cash, make a new character and give them a small boost. Start a new game for funsies, and embrace the start all over again.

• austintrain likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

some very positive responses here. thanks.

was expecting more of the "go kill yourself" variety.

i like to hear people's enthusiasm for the game.

yeah, i'll still play it. i love it. probably the best game i've ever played and i'm old, so that's a lot of games. just not sure which direction to take, so appreciate the suggestions so far.
  • Magick and psymin like this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

The direction I've taken, was actually to start a second character. I'm not sure if that option suits everybody though, many could find it kind of painful/boring.

• austintrain likes this

chief green
  • chief green

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

heists are coming soon. hopefully

• austintrain likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

The direction I've taken, was actually to start a second character. I'm not sure if that option suits everybody though, many could find it kind of painful/boring.

i do have a second character, but only level 5 so far. not sure i can face unlocking all the car mods for a second time. then again, i'm not in any rush.

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Pugman Luvy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

Rank 120?

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

Smear Marmite all over your face, hands and back of your pants then go outside and say hello to a few folk.

• austintrain likes this

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

Keep going until you reach lvl 120 like others said and get the minigun. I lost hope and quit leveling up at 54.

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

Level 101 comes right after level 100, so...

• GTA Banjo and austintrain like this

JohnWeazel
  • JohnWeazel

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:06 AM

Go Chradder hunting with your new RPG!

• austintrain likes this

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Level 101 comes right after level 100, so...

^

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

Game is dead and honestly OP there's nothing else to do (140 rank, after 120 I ranked mostly through free roam chaos, which got old...fast). I'm moving back to NHL where I'm a top 500 player. Rockstar adds nothing. They can't even add their beta missions which are somewhat interesting and already available. Not enough cars, been through most. Deathmatch is garbage, nothing like halo or cod. Nothing happens in free roam but a Simeon text or armored truck. There's way better racing games out there so you're wasting your time racing. I have two characters and I'm settled on my garage, have millions. It's time to move on. I don't know if ill come back either as they release content at a snails pace. They don't even realize their own potential.

Lol at beach bum DLC and sh*tty capture that was already in the coding. Rockstar blows.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

Game is dead and honestly OP there's nothing else to do (140 rank, after 120 I ranked mostly through free roam chaos, which got old...fast). I'm moving back to NHL where I'm a top 500 player. Rockstar adds nothing. They can't even add their beta missions which are somewhat interesting and already available. Not enough cars, been through most. Deathmatch is garbage, nothing like halo or cod. Nothing happens in free roam but a Simeon text or armored truck. There's way better racing games out there so you're wasting your time racing. I have two characters and I'm settled on my garage, have millions. It's time to move on. I don't know if ill come back either as they release content at a snails pace. They don't even realize their own potential.

Lol at beach bum DLC and sh*tty capture that was already in the coding. Rockstar blows.

Nobody likes a quitter :p

Just joking, what's good about this game is it's always there, and now that you got to a rank you are comfortable with, you can go back to hockey or what ever until that becomes tiresome, when you return however, you can take solace that the randoms will still be there waiting your return with their miniguns in hand and the jerk animation at the ready.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

There's a separate crew level you can level up to 100 as well. I'm level 160 or something now and only just joined a crew. Already up to level 30 in the crew but, so I don't know how quick it is to get to 100.

• austintrain likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

You finished GTA:O's "story".

Do what you did when you finished SP.
  • austintrain likes this

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

True. I was on vacation in florida in January and didn't play for a couple weeks (been playing since launch when I lost 3 characters). Loved the game at first. I started playing again when I came back and I enjoyed it for a while again as I created a new character and I was sure new content would arrive. Still the same game since October minus a few patches and a game mode no one plays. The best thing they added since launch was missions being available in the post game menu (in which they should've been in the first place).

When I feel like killing players again I'll log in for a few minutes. Right now I'm dead bored with it.
  • SilkySkillz85 likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Rank 100 is when the fun really starts so long as you're a fan of the RPG.

Using this weapon can make the GTA$ go pretty quickly but it's worth it. Kills griefers and tanks, makes missions so much easier and is the perfect weapon for going Jihadicide on deserving players.

• austintrain likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Level 148 and I still do missions like crazy.  Not even because I'm doing them for RP, I just adore the missions in this game, regardless of what people say.

Los Santos Connection

Method in the Madness

Lost MC R.I.P

Stocks and Shares

Dry Docking

My favorites.

• austintrain, SAUL_SILVER and The Spook like this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

I stopped paying attention after 120, and now i'm 176. I still like stealing cars, doing survivals, doing jobs with folk like Wanes and Biohazard, Sniping Tanks in Freemode, and hanging with an insane crew that rides around causing mayhem all over the map. Looking forward to Heists and possible houses in the near future.

The game is still fun for me, even though I have everything I want. It's not the same for others who will cry, moan and complain in this forum, we've all seen them and their novel-sized rants, but hey. To each their own...

• austintrain, SAUL_SILVER, Sangers and 1 other like this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

Rank 200.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

Here is what is going to happen. I'm not telling you to do this.... I'm predicting that this will happen....

You will continue to play the game, but only for a little while before you start getting bored....then you will stop playing and wait for heists. You will then be waiting like the rest of us..... when heists come out you will play them a few times, get bored... and then wait another several months for ANY news from R*... I'm not talking about an update... I'm just talking about ANY kind of news from R*.

R* likes to ignore their customers.....

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

we r in daynga ov bing shwomped by muslims™

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

Keep playing OP. Missions like Mixed up with Coke & Los Santos Connection are easier since you have a Heavy Sniper & RPG. I'll even continue way past 120.
  • austintrain likes this

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:52 AM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 07 February 2014 - 05:52 AM.

I just got to 120 last night and I just want to play more and more its so fun.

• austintrain likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users