Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

Wow...I can't believe some people still don't know that Free aim and auto aim are not in the same lobbies.  You can't be at a disadvantage against auto aimers, because they don't play with free aimers.  The lobbies are seperate.  Yes, I love free aim.....but only because auto aim isn't as strategic.  In free aim, If I think I can make a run for better cover or a better vantage point, I can do so and make it there.  In auto aim, as soon as you leave cover you're headshot and dead.  Auto aim is horrible.  Auto aim makes people camp and hide and never leave cover.  and it takes no skill to kill someone.  Hell, you can't even drive past someone in your car going fast without them auto targeting your head.  How anyone likes auto aim is beyond me...if most auto aimers gave free aim a try and stuck with it long enough to get used to it,....they would see how much better it is.  

I love how you contradict yourself within seconds.

"Yes, I love free aim.....but only because auto aim isn't as strategic.  In free aim, If I think I can make a run for better cover or a better vantage point, I can do so and make it there.  In auto aim, as soon as you leave cover you're headshot and dead.  Auto aim is horrible."

So knowing that your opponent can lock onto you and kill you instantly because of your bad positioning / line of sight, thus leaving you to use your head and find a better line of sight or advantage position, is not as strategic as point aim and shoot? You know that players can easily lock onto and kill you when you're in a vehicle, but yet you're probably the one who still rides by, gets killed and then complains about auto-aim while in a auto-aim lobby.

Auto-aim is all about lock-on range (depending on weapon), line of sights, and positioning. It is way more strategic than free aim.

vanchovega
  • vanchovega

head cheerleader, homecoming queen, part-time model

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

are you aware that you can use free aim if you press softly the aim button? this doesn't need to be a tread 

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:06 AM

Free aim is clunkly and slow in GTA V. Thats the reason its not used. Plus it puts you at a huge disadvantage seeing as to how everyone else uses auto-aim. Auto-aim can be annoying and even tricky, but just like using the buzzard to shoot missiles at a speeding car it can be mastered. I only free aim when I'm forced too (in cars, when auto-aim doesn't sync the target, or when out of range), and for what its worth, I hit my target just as much as when I use auto-aim.

You seem unaware that by Free Aim I mean the game-mode that you select via the Settings tab. It doesn't put you at a disadvantage whatsoever because when you have Free Aim enabled you're put into a lobby with other Free Aimers.

I don't know what you mean by free aim the game mode, but its news to me that there are free aim lobbies. Didn't know since I don't bother with the horrible mechanics of free aim. Offline against NPC's, its fun. Online in a pvp environment? No. Controls too fat.

It helps if you put aim sensitivity to 100.

• Tabula Rasa likes this

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

Problem is almost nobody plays free aim.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:19 AM Edited by Muirenn, 07 February 2014 - 02:20 AM.

People are quite a bit cooler in the Free aim lobbies, more realism, no being forced to shoot cops making you completely vulnerable to other player's attacks, and I personally find it easier to kill other players. All it takes is a shot or two near the head region and boom they're history whereas in Auto aim mode you're forced to shoot your opponent in the torso and there's no real room for individuality when it comes to combat.

Anyone else think this?

I don't give a sh*t.

• Wrath049 likes this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

How are the mods/cheaters in Free Aim compared to Auto?  It's bad enough that I have to deal with godmode knobs that can auto lock onto you when they're driving.  Really don't feel like dealing with cheats that can auto lock on you even in Free Aim.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:48 AM

How are the mods/cheaters in Free Aim compared to Auto?  It's bad enough that I have to deal with godmode knobs that can auto lock onto you when they're driving.  Really don't feel like dealing with cheats that can auto lock on you even in Free Aim.

In Free-Aim, it's relatively calm. I mean, there's a random tank here and there, but I haven't run into mod/cheaters ever since the DNS patch. During the "a-billi" period, it was far more calm than Traditional lobbies, aside from the bounties, which were harmless.

You will run into a fair number of pyromaniacs and backward-driving noobs though, so beware.

ANYWAY...
In all honesty, I thought all of the free-aimers would present an actual challenge.. but half of them (from my experience) stick to their cars, or use heavy-weapons/explosives. The missions require strategy though, since you can't really Rambo it like you can in Traditional.

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

Wow...I can't believe some people still don't know that Free aim and auto aim are not in the same lobbies.

It really shouldn't be that hard to believe because

1.) its not advertised anywhere to my knowledge.

2.) no one cares.

Yes, I love free aim.....but only because auto aim isn't as strategic.  In free aim, If I think I can make a run for better cover or a better vantage point, I can do so and make it there.  In auto aim, as soon as you leave cover you're headshot and dead.  Auto aim is horrible.  Auto aim makes people camp and hide and never leave cover.  and it takes no skill to kill someone.  Hell, you can't even drive past someone in your car going fast without them auto targeting your head.  How anyone likes auto aim is beyond me...if most auto aimers gave free aim a try and stuck with it long enough to get used to it,....they would see how much better it is.  

The shooting mechanics in this game are not polished enough for free aim pvp, what don't you understand?

Yeah, there's reasons auto-aim is terrible. And there are reasons free aim is terrible.

Good thing this isn't call of duty, I guess.

• SAUL_SILVER likes this

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

I dont mind using free aim but I cant get enough of my friends on board so I just live with the auto aim cause bouncing back and forth between the two would really screw me up in the long run. 

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

Wow...I can't believe some people still don't know that Free aim and auto aim are not in the same lobbies.

It really shouldn't be that hard to believe because
1.) its not advertised anywhere to my knowledge.
2.) no one cares.

Yes, I love free aim.....but only because auto aim isn't as strategic.  In free aim, If I think I can make a run for better cover or a better vantage point, I can do so and make it there.  In auto aim, as soon as you leave cover you're headshot and dead.  Auto aim is horrible.  Auto aim makes people camp and hide and never leave cover.  and it takes no skill to kill someone.  Hell, you can't even drive past someone in your car going fast without them auto targeting your head.  How anyone likes auto aim is beyond me...if most auto aimers gave free aim a try and stuck with it long enough to get used to it,....they would see how much better it is.  

The shooting mechanics in this game are not polished enough for free aim pvp, what don't you understand?
Yeah, there's reasons auto-aim is terrible. And there are reasons free aim is terrible.
Good thing this isn't call of duty, I guess.
the hitboxes in call of duty are larger to compensate for lag/poor controls....the more you know

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

I've been to the lobbies of all 3 (yes, there's three) shooting styles.

Regardless of aiming style, playerbase is full of pricks.

There.
  • Staten likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:55 AM

Yes.

Flameboy2278
  • Flameboy2278

The Punisher

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:23 AM

Free aim lobbis stink. The player base is way lower than auto aim lobbies so it takes like forever to even find a deathmatch or race.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

Wow. Looks like it took a few posts before someone flew off the handle at OP's totally inoffensive post. Good job, guys.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

Free Aim = aiming

The rest of you auto aim fools really should just quit gaming altogether and spend the next year questioning the "why" of autoaim. 

How were you led astray? What critical juncture of your life made you opt for such a tragic aiming mode?

SOCIETY VS GENETICS!

Were you BORN an auto aimer or did society make you one?

I kid of course :)

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

am30, on 07 Feb 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Oh here we go again.  Free-aimers looking down their noses at auto-aimers with their psuedo-elitist bull crap.  It's a meaningless video game - who gives a crap?

You use free-aim.  Whoopdedo, I don't care.

I use auto aim.  If you don't like it deal with it.

Each to their own, neither is superior to the other as it is entierly down to each different individual.

/thread

actually this is far from that

look at OP all he says is that he prefers free aim and you get all defensive about it

that's cuz deep down you know

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

am30, on 07 Feb 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Oh here we go again.  Free-aimers looking down their noses at auto-aimers with their psuedo-elitist bull crap.  It's a meaningless video game - who gives a crap?

You use free-aim.  Whoopdedo, I don't care.

I use auto aim.  If you don't like it deal with it.

Each to their own, neither is superior to the other as it is entierly down to each different individual.

/thread

actually this is far from that
look at OP all he says is that he prefers free aim and you get all defensive about it
that's cuz deep down you know

apart from pvp, I find free aim lobies easier....the ai seem less....accurate in a way

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users