Free aim is so much better.

49 replies to this topic
Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

People are quite a bit cooler in the Free aim lobbies, more realism, no being forced to shoot cops making you completely vulnerable to other player's attacks, and I personally find it easier to kill other players. All it takes is a shot or two near the head region and boom they're history whereas in Auto aim mode you're forced to shoot your opponent in the torso and there's no real room for individuality when it comes to combat.

Anyone else think this?

• TheIllaDopest and PaulDPearl like this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

Never saw a thread like this before, aren't you original? Let's all stop and give this gentleman or lady a round of applause for doing something that has never been done before on this forum before. *Clap*

• GankThis110 likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

Oh boy, let the rage ensue...

But yeah, also not been in an assisted aim session to tell if the player base is worse or not.

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

Never saw a thread like this before, aren't you original? Let's all stop and give this gentleman or lady a round of applause for doing something that has never been done before on this forum before. *Clap*

Sarcasm? I really can't tell.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Welcome, brother brother.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

I could say the same about your response, :p

rusticvagueman
  • rusticvagueman

Cheeky Scrub

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

i use auto-aim on my second low-level character

my first i use free-aim, only because higher level has better guns to free aim

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Oh, this again.

28465-Jerry-Seinfeld-leaves-gif-yxqm.gif

• I.haigh and RageJenB like this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by am30, 07 February 2014 - 12:07 AM.

Oh here we go again.  Free-aimers looking down their noses at auto-aimers with their psuedo-elitist bull crap.  It's a meaningless video game - who gives a crap?

You use free-aim.  Whoopdedo, I don't care.

I use auto aim.  If you don't like it deal with it.

Each to their own, neither is superior to the other as it is entierly down to each different individual.

/thread

• G37 and heistsdelay2016 like this

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:08 AM Edited by Flexx, 16 September 2014 - 11:50 AM.

Free aim is clunkly and slow in GTA V. Thats the reason I don't use it. Plus it puts me at a huge disadvantage seeing as to how everyone else uses auto-aim. Auto-aim can be annoying and even tricky, but just like using the buzzard to shoot missiles at a speeding car it can be mastered. I only free aim when I'm forced too (in cars, when auto-aim doesn't sync the target, or when out of range), and for what its worth, I hit my target just as much as when I use auto-aim.

• I.haigh likes this

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Oh here we go again.  Free-aimers looking down their noses at auto-aimers with their psuedo-elitist bull crap.  It's a meaningless video game - who gives a crap?

Each to their own, neither is superior to the other as it is entierly down to each different individual.

/thread

I am severely indifferent if you use Auto aim or not. I was simply voicing my opinion on the opposite.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

I like using free aim in auto aim lobbies.

• Sir Michael likes this

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Free aim is clunkly and slow in GTA V. Thats the reason its not used. Plus it puts you at a huge disadvantage seeing as to how everyone else uses auto-aim. Auto-aim can be annoying and even tricky, but just like using the buzzard to shoot missiles at a speeding car it can be mastered. I only free aim when I'm forced too (in cars, when auto-aim doesn't sync the target, or when out of range), and for what its worth, I hit my target just as much as when I use auto-aim.

You seem unaware that by Free Aim I mean the game-mode that you select via the Settings tab. It doesn't put you at a disadvantage whatsoever because when you have Free Aim enabled you're put into a lobby with other Free Aimers.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

/thread

I am severely indifferent if you use Auto aim or not. I was simply voicing my opinion on the opposite.

Glad to hear it.  Whenever this topic has popped up, it is used as a beat-down on anyone who dares to use auto-aim.

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

/thread

Glad to hear it.  Whenever this topic has popped up, it is used as a beat-down on anyone who dares to use auto-aim.

How imbecilic. 

Free Aim has its own lobby dude.

I could say the same about your response, :p

I'm not being sarcastic. NOW GIVE ME MY ANSWER.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

LBt6j.gif

• TheIllaDopest and ZeroSafe5615 like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

I probably would use free aim alot more if when I tried to join a race or mission etc there where other people in the lobby or if no one is there they join a short time afterwards as to me it seems that whenever I have free aim on nobody is ever willing to do missions or races etc. However with auto aim on I find it very easy to find a lobby that is full or on that will fill up fairly quickly.

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:17 AM Edited by Flexx, 07 February 2014 - 12:28 AM.

Free aim is clunkly and slow in GTA V. Thats the reason its not used. Plus it puts you at a huge disadvantage seeing as to how everyone else uses auto-aim. Auto-aim can be annoying and even tricky, but just like using the buzzard to shoot missiles at a speeding car it can be mastered. I only free aim when I'm forced too (in cars, when auto-aim doesn't sync the target, or when out of range), and for what its worth, I hit my target just as much as when I use auto-aim.

You seem unaware that by Free Aim I mean the game-mode that you select via the Settings tab. It doesn't put you at a disadvantage whatsoever because when you have Free Aim enabled you're put into a lobby with other Free Aimers.

I don't know what you mean by free aim the game mode, but its news to me that there are free aim lobbies. Didn't know since I don't bother with the horrible mechanics of free aim. Offline against NPC's, its fun. Online in a pvp environment? No. Controls too fat.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

Like shooting fish in a barrel when they are just out of range :die:

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

Lol... I know. Look up..... it's flying over your head. Damn, you missed it.

Exactly.

See, OP, someone gets it and knows what i'm talking about.

Overlord Jr.
  • Overlord Jr.

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

Yeah free-aim players got it right in this game, i love it when I get empty lobbies when trying to join missions or deathmatches or races for 2 hours, all of them plays their free-roam warfare with their reverse entities and explosive spams, such pro very hardcore

• SteveNYC and Flameboy2278 like this

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

Lol... I know. Look up..... it's flying over your head. Damn, you missed it.

Exactly.

See, OP, someone gets it and knows what i'm talking about.

I thought you meant shooting from the hip..

Yeah free-aim players got it right in this game, i love it when I get empty lobbies when trying to join missions or deathmatches or races for 2 hours, all of them plays their free-roam warfare with their reverse entities and explosive spams, such pro very hardcore

or when you meet players throughout the social club to join online and realize they're all handicaps. 

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Well, in that casr, I better stay in auto-aim lobbies, cause I like killing more asshats.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

I thought you meant shooting from the hip..

From my experience that's very useful for free aim lobbies and for when I'm messing around with crew members or friends having sniper no-scope battles.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

To many people with rocket launchers in free aim. Stop blowing up the coke already!

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

To many people with rocket launchers in free aim. Stop blowing up the coke already!

This is why I don't play missions with Randy Randomson.

Have I just de-railed this thread?

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

Auto aim lobbies/games are empty enough as it is

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by RealHoosier07, 07 February 2014 - 12:47 AM.

Wow...I can't believe some people still don't know that Free aim and auto aim are not in the same lobbies.  You can't be at a disadvantage against auto aimers, because they don't play with free aimers.  The lobbies are seperate.  Yes, I love free aim.....but only because auto aim isn't as strategic.  In free aim, If I think I can make a run for better cover or a better vantage point, I can do so and make it there.  In auto aim, as soon as you leave cover you're headshot and dead.  Auto aim is horrible.  Auto aim makes people camp and hide and never leave cover.  and it takes no skill to kill someone.  Hell, you can't even drive past someone in your car going fast without them auto targeting your head.  How anyone likes auto aim is beyond me...if most auto aimers gave free aim a try and stuck with it long enough to get used to it,....they would see how much better it is.  

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:51 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 07 February 2014 - 12:54 AM.

Then you have the people who use the Eagle Eye adapter for the PS3, and have an almost auto aim like shooting ability while in free aim using a mouse and keyboard.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

People are quite a bit cooler in the Free aim lobbies, more realism, no being forced to shoot cops making you completely vulnerable to other player's attacks, and I personally find it easier to kill other players. All it takes is a shot or two near the head region and boom they're history whereas in Auto aim mode you're forced to shoot your opponent in the torso and there's no real room for individuality when it comes to combat.

Anyone else think this?

For anyone trying out Free Aim for the first time, it is an absolute nightmare to deal with. I absolutely despised it because I couldn't keep my aim straight, I couldn't shoot anybody long enough before they'd move, and I'd get cut down every single time by lower level players who were simply better at FA than me. Far better, I dare say.

So, I'll stick with my casual gaming and with Auto Aim. Yes, it is horrible when your opponent is right in your line of vision, but the AA targets the dude with the coffee cup walking down the street. WT???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users