Discrimination.

113 replies to this topic
Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

Some annoying social justice warrior yelled at me about cultural appropriation for wearing a Navajo sweater. Now I may be a pasty white ginger, but believe it or not, I'm 1/32 Navajo with a little Cherokee mixed in. I'm certainty more native than that bitch.  

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

Some annoying social justice warrior yelled at me about cultural appropriation for wearing a Navajo sweater. Now I may be a pasty white ginger, but believe it or not, I'm 1/32 Navajo with a little Cherokee mixed in. I'm certainty more native than that bitch.

Lol... She was probably wearing clothes made in Cambodia or Vietnam,
was she also appropiating their culture?
  • a20characterusername likes this

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

The Social Justice Warrior Handbook dictates that the SJW can never appropriate, only honor.

They use crazy levels of double think to justify this.

• Audiophile and a20characterusername like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

Back in 4th grade, I was called gay because I liked to hang out with my friend, at the time, quite a lot. This one black girl took it to a whole new level though. In 5th grade I relized how stupid those guys were in the 4th grade but the black girl always gave me funny looks in the hallway and said kept saying sh*t like, "You look like a girl."

Today I barely pay any mind to what goes on as far as discrimination, but if I do hear something that just burns with extreme idiocy, I will say something. Last year these two girls were in front of me, loudly gossiping about some guy and saying he was a fag. I mumbled something that they heard like, "Shut up" with an attitude.

People who go on and on about gays and start saying stupid sh*t just need to shut the f*ck up and keep their ignorant opinions to themselves.
  • Melchior likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

If anyone insults me anywhere for any reason I don't let it pass, and you shouldn't either, if I see someone getting discriminated against I tell them to stop being assholes, little kids on the bus seem to be the biggest culprit, they shut the f*ck up pretty damn quick when an adult twice their size speaks up.
  • Raavi and Audiophile like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:54 AM Edited by Vlynor, 07 February 2014 - 04:54 AM.

Yeah, white males have it really rough. LOL! I am a cock gobbler and I like to gobble cock.

If we're going to go down that route, I think you can say most people in the developed world don't have that hard of a time.

• a20characterusername and EphemeralStar like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

human right and human gain

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:58 AM Edited by Melchior, 07 February 2014 - 05:58 AM.

Yeah, white males have it really rough. LOL! I am a cock gobbler and I like to gobble cock.

If we're going to go down that route, I think you can say most people in the developed world don't have that hard of a time.

It's totally possible for a white male to lead a miserable existence. Thing is, they aren't in that position because they're a white male, it's the result of some voluntary agency- as far as there is such a thing.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:59 AM Edited by Vlynor, 07 February 2014 - 05:59 AM.

It's totally possible for a white male to lead a miserable existence. Thing is, they aren't in that position because they're a white male, it's the result of some voluntary agency- as far as there is such a thing.

Do you know anyone living a miserable existence due to their race and/or gender?

Edit: In the developed world.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:15 AM Edited by Nale Dixon, 07 February 2014 - 06:15 AM.

Let's just stop right there. I know the route you're taking and it's a severely silly one. Whether or not people in the west have a 'better time' than starving Africans is irrelevant when dealing with issues of social justice. A woman being sexually harassed might have it better than some slave girl in Saudi Arabia, but that doesn't mean she does not have a right to equal protection under the law. The fact is that anybody who is left on the wrong side of whatever system they are under is perfectly justified to attempt to assuage their situation and it's fine for people to point this fact out, as it stands women certainly do have it worse off than men in certain situations, which needs to be addressed.

In any case following this logic you could wipe out anybody's justification of complaint simply by looking down the chain and saying 'well sure you have it bad, but this guy has it worse.' For example, how dare women in the west complain, they have it better off than eastern european sex slaves. But hey, how dare they complain, at least they're not Saudi slave girls who have almost no rights at all. But how dare they complain, at least they're not starving AIDS infested women in Africa. But how day they complain, at least they're not a starving AIDS infested child prostitute in africa with her eyes missing, no limbs and an continuously prolapsing spleen.

• Moonshield likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:24 AM

Let's just stop right there. I know the route you're taking and it's a severely silly one. Whether or not people in the west have a 'better time' than starving Africans is irrelevant when dealing with issues of social justice. A woman being sexually harassed might have it better than some slave girl in Saudi Arabia, but that doesn't mean she does not have a right to equal protection under the law. The fact is that anybody who is left on the wrong side of whatever system they are under is perfectly justified to attempt to assuage their situation and it's fine for people to point this fact out, as it stands women certainly do have it worse off than men in certain situations, which needs to be addressed.

In any case following this logic you could wipe out anybody's justification of complaint simply by looking down the chain and saying 'well sure you have it bad, but this guy has it worse.' For example, how dare women in the west complain, they have it better off than eastern european sex slaves. But hey, how dare they complain, at least they're not Saudi slave girls who have almost no rights at all. But how dare they complain, at least they're not starving AIDS infested women in Africa. But how day they complain, at least they're not a starving AIDS infested child prostitute in africa with her eyes missing, no limbs and an continuously prolapsing spleen.

I believe in equal protection under the law. My point is that to say that you have a hard time means you're only addressing the problems within your country. If you're not starving or dying, you're doing a lot better than some of the other people in the world. If you're only comparing within your borders or with other nations of similar status, then yes, by all means complain about that 2% wage difference between you and your co-worker of different race/sex/age/etc.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Do you know anyone living a miserable existence due to their race and/or gender?

Yeah, women with eating disorders and minorities living in ethnic ghettos.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:28 AM Edited by Nale Dixon, 07 February 2014 - 06:29 AM.

I believe in equal protection under the law. My point is that to say that you have a hard time means you're only addressing the problems within your country. If you're not starving or dying, you're doing a lot better than some of the other people in the world. If you're only comparing within your borders or with other nations of similar status, then yes, by all means complain about that 2% wage difference between you and your co-worker of different race/sex/age/etc.

My point is that your point is meaningless. What is a white woman or a gay man in Germany supposed to do about withering crops in Africa or corporate appointed dictators in Sri Lanka? Suggesting that everyone should be focused on every single issue pervading the human species in every past of the planet is great and all, peace and love man, but it's rather useless because it doesn't really do anything. All you can do is focus on things that are affecting the nation or state of which you are a part. Beyond vague ideas like giving to charity.

• Audiophile likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:28 AM Edited by Lucchese, 07 February 2014 - 06:30 AM.

So now this is being turned into a matter of geographical customs and circumstances rather than ethnicity and race or sexual orientation etc?

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

I had something happen to me last week that wasnt discrimination per say, but was pretty racist.

I have recently started working at a sports bar part time for some extra cash. A group of young italian guys(I am also italian) called me over to talk to me. The one guy asks me if I could direct him to Ally. I told him I was fairly new so I wasnt sure who that was. I asked what it concerned in the hopes that I could relay a message or get him some help.

He says, "She just helped me with directions on the phone and I wanted to thank her. I was stuck in some Nigga neighborhood and I wasnt about to stick around"

I immediately went off on the guy. I said "Woah man! Im not your f*cking friend. Just because Im not black doesnt mean I dont take offense to that sh*t" The manager came over(who happens to be my good friend) and tells the guy to leave and not come back.

I was pretty pissed that he would just say something so ignorant like that, and especially that he assumed I would be perfectly fine with it.

I apologize if my quoting him offended anyone, but it offended me as well.

• Frank Brown and EphemeralStar like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

So now this is being turned into a matter of geographical customs and circumstances rather than ethnicity and race?

I think you're missing my point sonny. Using the argument that one group has it worse off than you therefor your equality issues are meaningless is ridiculous. I'm not even sure why you directed that at me, for one I didn't bring this into the equation and i'm not sure what part of my point you're addressing. In any case, 'circumstances' can include ethnicity and race. I don't know what geographical customs is supposed to mean.

• Audiophile likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:34 AM Edited by Vlynor, 07 February 2014 - 06:37 AM.

Yeah, women with eating disorders and minorities living in ethnic ghettos.

Living in ghettos and having eating disorders is only due to race and/or gender?

My point is that your point is meaningless. What is a white woman or a gay man in Germany supposed to do about withering crops in Africa or corporate appointed dictators in Sri Lanka? Suggesting that everyone should be focused on every single issue pervading the human species in every past of the planet is great and all, peace and love man, but it's rather useless because it doesn't really do anything. All you can do is focus on things that are affecting the nation or state of which you are a part. Beyond vague ideas like giving to charity.

How is it meaningless? You should be thinking about other human beings and not just your nation/state/county/etc. There are plenty of things you can do, at least in America we have the peace corps, or you can manually go over and help, or you can donate like you've said. On a world level, the developed world, regardless of age/sex/race/etc. has it a lot better than other areas.

Is that statement true or false?

Also, I never said equality issues are meaningless.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:37 AM Edited by Nale Dixon, 07 February 2014 - 06:39 AM.

How is it meaningless? You should be thinking about other human beings and not just your nation/state/county/etc. There are plenty of things you can do, at least in America we have the peace corps, or you can manually go over and help, or you can donate like you've said. On a world level, the developed world, regardless of age/sex/race/etc. has it a lot better than other parts of the world.

True or false is not the point. Other parts of the world have nothing to due with issues or race or equality in America or Britain. I'm not talking about people who want to be professional world savers, If someone wants to do that, great. I'm talking about people who are being oppressed somehow in country A has NOTHING to do with how more or less oppressed they are in county B.

Living in ghettos and having eating disorders is only due to race and/or gender?

Many places described as 'ghettos' in the west are designed specifically to house certain immigrant populations or ethnic minorities. So in that case, yes.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Lets please stay on topic and not turn this into a racial argument.

Thanks

• EphemeralStar likes this

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Yes, especially the latter considering that "ghetto" literally means "place where minorities are shuffled into."

• Moonshield likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

Yes, especially the latter considering that "ghetto" literally means "place where minorities are shuffled into."

Wow, I never knew that was the literal translation. I always just assumed it meant an under developed area. Thanks

• a20characterusername likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

Thanks

Is this post a joke that I'm not understanding?

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:42 AM

Thanks

Is this post a joke that I'm not understanding?

Lol, I see how dumb that sounds.

Im just giving a pre-emptive warning to avoid a huge racial flamewar. Discussing race is fine, but these things can get out of hand fairly quickly

• WBaker and EphemeralStar like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

And I've seen both men and women with eating disorders. How many minority groups are forced into where they're living where you are and by whom?

How is it meaningless? You should be thinking about other human beings and not just your nation/state/county/etc. There are plenty of things you can do, at least in America we have the peace corps, or you can manually go over and help, or you can donate like you've said. On a world level, the developed world, regardless of age/sex/race/etc. has it a lot better than other parts of the world.

True or false is not the point. Other parts of the world have nothing to due with issues or race or equality in America or Britain. I'm not talking about people who want to be professional world savers, If someone wants to do that, great. I'm talking about people who are being oppressed somehow in country A has NOTHING to do with how more or less oppressed they are in county B.

I said:

Is that statement false? I never said "in comparison to other developed countries...", I only said that "most people in the developed world don't have that hard of a time...", which is true; you're not starving, you have access to clean water, you're not dying, and you have a home. People in parts of Africa and other areas of the world have those problems. You decided to interpret that as a comparison between only developed nations, but it's intended to be a comparison between every nation.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

And I've seen both men and women with eating disorders.

Are you trying to say that eating disorders aren't a gender issue? Even though 90% of sufferers are women?

How many minority groups are forced into where they're living where you are and by whom?

Yeah, why Indigenous Australians don't just join the middle class is beyond me. I mean we let them live right next to the Central Business District and even whitened their skin with eugenics programs, why can't they succeed?

Do you even hear yourself?

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

I don't know what geographical customs is supposed to mean.

Aplogies, I was speaking about differing customs, be it rule and regulation or culture, on a geographical basis. I didn't think this would've needed explaining to be honest.

Many places described as 'ghettos' in the west are designed specifically to house certain immigrant populations or ethnic minorities. So in that case, yes.

Yes, and many 'ghettos' and under-privileged areas in the West are made up heavily by whites. Just ask the residents of many northern English and Scottish cities what they think of their day-to-day existence.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

And I've seen both men and women with eating disorders.

Are you trying to say that eating disorders aren't a gender issue? Even though 90% of sufferers are women?

If it's a gender issue why is it also affecting males? If it was a gender issue, it would only be affecting females. But please, continue. I really want to hear what you're going to say.

How many minority groups are forced into where they're living where you are and by whom?

Yeah, why Indigenous Australians don't just join the middle class is beyond me. I mean we let them live right next to the Central Business District and even whitened their skin with eugenics programs, why can't they succeed?

Do you even hear yourself?

Oh, I'm sorry! I don't follow the history of the Indigenous Australian people. Darn! Please, enlighten me!

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:18 AM Edited by Nale Dixon, 07 February 2014 - 07:18 AM.

I said:

Is that statement false? I never said "in comparison to other developed countries...", I only said that "most people in the developed world don't have that hard of a time...", which is true; you're not starving, you have access to clean water, you're not dying, and you have a home. People in parts of Africa and other areas of the world have those problems. You decided to interpret that as a comparison between only developed nations, but it's intended to be a comparison between every nation.

You said that in retort to theadmiral's point that women have it worse off than men in the west. You weren't just bringing it up out of the blue as a whimsical point, you were using it as a detraction against the idea that women being oppressed in the west is something that needs focus.

Aplogies, I was speaking about differing customs, be it rule and regulation or culture, on a geographical basis. I didn't think this would've needed explaining to be honest.

I understand the words and how they relate in that order; what I mean is that I don't understand how this is a remark against what I'm saying.

Yes, and many 'ghettos' and under-privileged areas in the West are made up heavily by whites. Just ask the residents of many northern English and Scottish cities what they think of their day-to-day existence.

You're talking to one, sunshine. I'm going to hazard a guess that you're not one, however. I mean yeah, things in the North of the UK ain't fantastic, but living on a sh*tty council estate in Middlesbrough or Edinburgh is not even comparable to the tower blocks of London or the Projects in the US, which were actively designed to house Asian and Caribbean Immigrants and African Americans respectively.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:19 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 07 February 2014 - 07:19 AM.

The Social Justice Warrior Handbook dictates that the SJW can never appropriate, only honor.

They use crazy levels of double think to justify this.

It's crazy how SJWs come off as almost indistinguishable from the Stormfront crowd, especially when it comes to 'cultural appropriation' and race mixing.

Most SJWs seem to lack even a basic level of self-awareness.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:21 AM Edited by Vlynor, 07 February 2014 - 07:23 AM.

I said:

You said that in retort to theadmiral's point that women have it worse off than men in the west. You weren't just bringing it up out of the blue as a whimsical point, you were using it as a detraction against the idea that women being oppressed in the west is something that needs focus.

No mention of the west and they didn't mention women either. Their post was only a remark that white men don't have it bad. Mine was adding to that saying that most of the developed world doesn't have it that bad. 

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

I said:

White males =/= West.

Well for all intents and purposes, yes it does. We all understand theadmiral's point and to what she is referring. Being pedantic about it isn't really addressing the issue, big boy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users