Photo

Sochi Winter Olympics 2014

166 replies to this topic
DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by DarrinPA, 08 February 2014 - 08:03 PM.

I watched a minute of the opening ceremony rerun and I noticed that Bermuda was even worst dressed - Red shorts and knee high black socks beat the American's sweaters imo.

ILAK -haha, if only that would happen.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

venezuela.gif

so much for Putin's anti-homosexual laws...

23214d1245836173-carrying-full-size-m191

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

venezuela.gif

so much for Putin's anti-homosexual laws...

Look I dont mean to sound like a dick but I'm not bothered about politics in Russia. I just created this topic to talk about the sports not to keep talking about Putin etc.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

no one's talking about politics.

just making fun of the opening ceremony.

also, the US won the first gold of the entire Olympics.

champ-693X520.jpg

the first on our way to the most.

suck on that, world.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

South Africa will win zero medals since our only olympic hopeful narrowly failed to meet the minimum requirements to be selected. He would've been our only contender in the slalom event. That blows! SA has never won a medal at the winter olympics (not that he would've won anyway, so maybe it's best that he stayed at home lol :p )

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

South Africa will win zero medals since our only olympic hopeful narrowly failed to meet the minimum requirements to be selected. He would've been our only contender in the slalom event. That blows! SA has never won a medal at the winter olympics (not that he would've won anyway, so maybe it's best that he stayed at home lol :p )

Yeah even if he just scraped the minimum requirements I doubt he would of been anywhere the top 25 nevermind top 3.

• Kiffster likes this

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

The women's skiathlon(?) was intense toward the end. Speed skating was alright but I look forward to the races more than the time events. I'm anxiously awaiting the luge, bobsledding, and snowboarding events.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

That blows! SA has never won a medal at the winter olympics (not that he would've won anyway, so maybe it's best that he stayed at home lol :p )

I'd rather be a loser at the Olympics than a loser at home. Now I made myself feel bad, here at home.

I can't wait for bobseldding. Go Jamaica! haha.

• Kiffster likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

That blows! SA has never won a medal at the winter olympics (not that he would've won anyway, so maybe it's best that he stayed at home lol :p )

I'd rather be a loser at the Olympics than a loser at home.

True that!

Currently watching downhill Alpine skiing which is one of the better events imo.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

I'd rather be a loser at the Olympics than a loser at home. Now I made myself feel bad, here at home.

I can't wait for bobseldding. Go Jamaica! haha.

Yeah thats true.

Jamacia only have a two man bobsled team this time around.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 09 February 2014 - 06:34 PM.

I'm starting to really get pissed at NBC.  f*cking luddites just can't let go of their Olympic cash cow and enter the 21st century for the betterment of the American people.  f*cking tape delays, f*cking sh*t coverage on weekends, f*cking editing, f*cking Bob Costas.

They treat the Olympics less like sporting events and more like a two week long awards show coverage.  I both am excited and dread for the hockey tournament to start.

EDIT: All I can imagine are bars across the country filled with people barely reacting to TV coverage because they know who has won already because every-f*cking-body has a phone with instant access to that knowledge.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:36 PM Edited by Hodgey., 10 February 2014 - 12:00 AM.

I'm starting to really get pissed at NBC.  f*cking luddites just can't let go of their Olympic cash cow and enter the 21st century for the betterment of the American people.  f*cking tape delays, f*cking sh*t coverage on weekends, f*cking editing, f*cking Bob Costas.

They treat the Olympics less like sporting events and more like a two week long awards show coverage.  I both am excited and dread for the hockey tournament to start.

EDIT: All I can imagine are bars across the country filled with people barely reacting to TV coverage because they know who has won already because every-f*cking-body has a phone with instant access to that knowledge.

We've had quite a bit of live coverage here and its only day two.

Also we won our first 'offical' bronze medal on snow today. Good times and well done Jenny Jones. :^:

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:37 PM Edited by stu, 09 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Watching the ski jumping, and there's some guy called Andreas Wank. Also a Russian called Semen in the luge before the skiing. Must be the first time in history Semen has preceded a Wank.  

Edit: Hodgey, it was only bronze. :p  It was our first ever medal on snow. Our first ever, pretty shocking. I watched the men's snowboarding slopestyle yesterday, and that was pretty incredible. Came quite close to getting a medal in that.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

I like Bob Costas but NBC sucks a dick.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

Edit: Hodgey, it was only bronze. :p  It was our first ever medal on snow. Our first ever, pretty shocking. I watched the men's snowboarding slopestyle yesterday, and that was pretty incredible. Came quite close to getting a medal in that.

I know it was bronze so I have no idea why I typed gold :sui: We did have that guy a few years back who won bronze in the Skil slalom but failed a drugs test then tried to blame it on a Vicks inhaler if I remember correctly.

Most been events so far that I'm not overly fussed about but its still been a fun watch.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:07 AM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 10 February 2014 - 03:08 AM.

Two golds for America. Yeeee!

Jamie Anderson had a great run. We've swept slopestyle; let's see what happens in the halfpipe. (:

9e2bbd47648da30d20916fe6a15bcdb7_crop_no

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

Jamie Anderson had a great run. We've swept slopestyle; let's see what happens in the halfpipe. (:

Who cares about Jamie? Finland got silver in that. ;)

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:19 AM Edited by Moth, 10 February 2014 - 09:21 AM.

As an American, I would like nothing more than to see team Canada get the snot beat out of them.  And I'm an Anaheim Ducks fan.  The Ducks' two best players are on team Canada.

As a Canadian, f*ck you. Hockey is the only sport Canada is awesome at. Hell hockey is the only thing I care about the Olympics, and I don't even watch hockey!

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Who cares about Jamie? Finland got silver in that. ;)

Who cares about Jamie or Finland. Britain got a bronze in that ;)

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:23 PM Edited by Fireman, 10 February 2014 - 04:27 PM.

Two days ago a Dutch sweep on the 5000M. Which is a real sweep, not like your fake American sweeps.

kramer_sven640.jpg

Where you at guys?

Today another sweep by the Dutch men on the 500M.

Brings up the nationalism in me.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Two days ago a Dutch sweep on the 5000M.

kramer_sven640.jpg

Where you at guys?

Today another sweep by the Dutch men on the 500M.

Brings up the nationalism in me.

Yeah just finished watching the Dutch sweep the 500M, pretty impressive to be honest. The dutch are like the Brits are with the velodrom cycling in the Summer Olympics.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Yeah the 500m was thrilling stuff. Smeekens is super disappointed though haha. He should be happy with silver.

Anyway, too much orange! :p

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by Fireman, 10 February 2014 - 05:14 PM.

I didn't get why Mulder's time got corrected, and I'm not sure how it works.

Cause otherwise Smeekens would've won by a few miliseconds instead. aren't they going to look into it?

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

I think it's fairly common in speedskating that the first unofficial time is not always 100% accurate, so they have to wait a few seconds for the official time to show up, which is always spot on.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

As an American, I would like nothing more than to see team Canada get the snot beat out of them.  And I'm an Anaheim Ducks fan.  The Ducks' two best players are on team Canada.

As a Canadian, f*ck you. Hockey is the only sport Canada is awesome at. Hell hockey is the only thing I care about the Olympics, and I don't even watch hockey!

This isn't about Vancouver, if that's what you think.  I think that tournament went perfectly.  Team USA dominated the entire tournament, and lost the gold with an overtime goal, giving team Canada their home gold.

This is about SLC.  That was our home, and our gold to win.  I hope a Koivu-less team Finland beats the Canadians and knocks them out of the prelims.  I want to see tears coming out of Babcocks wee beady eyes!  :p

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

This is about SLC.  That was our home, and our gold to win.  I hope a Koivu-less team Finland beats the Canadians and knocks them out of the prelims.  I want to see tears coming out of Babcocks wee beady eyes!  :p

Never going to happen. Cant see anyone but Canada winning it in my opinion.

• Moth likes this

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

I love watching the short track speed skating. Even the qualifying is good television. The slow beginning pace building up to the frantic finish.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

I love watching the short track speed skating. Even the qualifying is good television. The slow beginning pace building up to the frantic finish.

Yeah I like those events too as anything can happen especially as if one person goes down they can take everyone else out.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:53 AM Edited by Werebot85, 12 February 2014 - 11:46 AM.

You know what I find stupid? When there's a tie for gold, but then no one is awarded a silver medal. So the two winners get gold, and the person with the second best time gets bronze. No silver.

That's what happened in the women's downhill skiing just now. The second best time should get silver, and bronze should go to third, regardless if there's a tie for gold or not. Just my opinion though.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

You know what I find stupid? When there's a tie for gold, but then no one is awarded a silver medal. So the two winners get gold, and the person with the second best time gets bronze. No silver.

That's what happened in the women's downhill skiing just now. The second best time should get silver, and bronze should go to third, regardless if there's a tie for gold or not. Just my opinion though.

No I dont think so. That's the way that it has been for years and personally I agree with it. I say that as the person who came forth shouldn't get a bronze as its the top three or no medals even if you end up with three people tying for first.

Plus mens hockey finally starts tonight :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users