Running Man Idea?

27 replies to this topic
KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Do you all remember the movie 'The Running Man' from the 80s. Well I was thinking I'm sure there is a way we can adapt that concept into GTA-O for a fun session. Have a set of Runners that need to make it from the Observatory to the Pier. They must be in Passive mode. Then the chasers or something. 

I know folks like to do private session car meets and cruises so why not give this some kind of thought. Could be fun :)

• Acky., Zondar and codename_duchess like this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

buzzkill was awesome...

we need chainsaw DLC.. for Buzzzkill and TCM

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

That movie was so epic, the first 10 mins of that movie are better than any action movie that has been made in the last 20 years.

I think your idea could be fun, and who knows if they every make a Mission content creator you could very easily implement this idea...I'd trust a user made version over anything R* does...I mean Capture mode was the biggest Fail since Beach Bum DLC.... Why do I still play?  I have problems

• KimberJane likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Totally, still one of my favourite movies and to anyone who aint saw it yet they should. Anyway like I saw could be a cool idea.

plnkfloydian
  • plnkfloydian

|ATHF|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

By the above chainsaw comment im going to go out on a limb here and guess running man isnt a marathon, bummer i was looking forward to running through the streets with a mob of people

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

buzzkill was awesome...

What happened to Buzzsaw?

sash2k4plus
  • sash2k4plus

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

"Hey I've seen you before, you're the asshole from TV".

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by sadpandamakeup, 06 February 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Hmmm, the Running Man has a lot of similarities to the Hunger Games.  What if we combine concepts from both films?  There would be great Mission Creator Opportunities

- Kill someone with a one-hit stealth kill and you hear the crowd roar.  If you get enough crowd roars and a crate drops near you with some health, money, and ammo.

- You have NPCs fighting in the game.  Everytime you help them shoot someone they become more of an ally and start to help you shoot other people. 

Edit:  - Have tons of TVs in the fighting arena.  You can spectate on other players even if you are still alive.

- Be able to be an audience member instead of a combatant.  You can bet on other players, choose to give up some or your money or ammo to send a crate drop to a combatant, ect. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

By the above chainsaw comment im going to go out on a limb here and guess running man isnt a marathon, bummer i was looking forward to running through the streets with a mob of people

• KimberJane and beat_savy_9 like this

JOEsAGGRESSIVE
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

that would be a fun mission. Or 'Surviving the Game' with Ice-T.

one person dropped in the middle of nowhere having to last against 5 people hunting you down like a dog. Only advantage you have is you aren't on the radar. But you only get guns if you find them or kill one of your pursuers.

Great idea OP. I think it would be cool if more missions revolved around movies.

• KimberJane and sadpandamakeup like this

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

that would be a fun mission. Or 'Surviving the Game' with Ice-T.

one person dropped in the middle of nowhere having to last against 5 people hunting you down like a dog. Only advantage you have is you aren't on the radar. But you only get guns if you find them or kill one of your pursuers.

Great idea OP. I think it would be cool if more missions revolved around movies.

You get props for being one of the few who know about that movie :)

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE likes this

meatrocket8
  • meatrocket8

stompin' neck & cashin' checks!

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

The Running Man book was a million times better than the movie…and entirely different.

• Jolly Swagman likes this

Jonny 2 Tugs
  • Jonny 2 Tugs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

I tried to make a Battle Royal map based on the movie with one gun hidden on the map, 5 minutes into the game everyone has a gun, shame you can't tinker with the settings more. A slasher movie concept could be fun too.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

buzzkill was awesome...

Oh, he had to split.
  • bonedeth667 and Zondar like this

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

The original French movie "Le Prix du Danger" is awesome... better than the Arnnie version..

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

The Running Man book was a million times better than the movieand entirely different.

Right on both counts, one of the "Bachman Books", an early work of Steven King when he wrote under the name Richard Bachman.
  • meatrocket8 likes this

Zondar
  • Zondar

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

The original French movie "Le Prix du Danger" is awesome... better than the Arnnie version..

Never heard of this, is it based on the book or is the Arnie film an amalgamation of both?
As other posters have said aside from the tittle and the fact it features a barbaric game show the book and Arnie film don't have a lot in common. (Well apart from their awesomeness obviously)

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I would play this.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

0_0.jpg

Zondar
  • Zondar

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

buzzkill was awesome...

Oh, he had to split.

See you at the party Richter...

SD361
  • SD361

The Professional

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

I dare say I like this concept even more.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

buzzkill was awesome...

Oh, he had to split.
See you at the party Richter...

Nhah! Total Recall duder, but a classic Ah-nold 1-liner indeed.

"Hey I've seen you before, you're the asshole from TV".

"That's funny, I was gonna say the same thing about you." Lol

SilentMase
  • SilentMase

Knights of Badassdom Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

The Running Man book was a million times better than the movieand entirely different.

And it would be easier to recreate the book version in GTA online

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Could say we could try it in Free Mode invite only session sometime. Make a list in the thread of people who wanna be runners and those who wanna be chasers. The runners would dress in certain type of clothes and the chasers in another type of clothes. We all meet at the observatory. The runners get a head start (don't know how long??) and cannot use any vehicles and the aim is to make it to the pier. The chasers can use any mode of transport including the pegasus vehicles (except tanks). 

Runners will have three lives - there is no point in cheating in this as it's just something different for Free Roam, so trusting the count to the runner would be needed. Runners can use pistols only as their form of defence. 

Any thoughts on that idea, anything need changing?

• SilentMase likes this

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Never heard of this, is it based on the book or is the Arnie film an amalgamation of both?
As other posters have said aside from the tittle and the fact it features a barbaric game show the book and Arnie film don't have a lot in common. (Well apart from their awesomeness obviously)

Nope, the Arnold movie was a loose adaptation, the French film is actually an adaption of another movie "Das Millionenspiel"(1970) according to IMDB. I doubt with production time-tables back in the early 80's that Bachman's book could've been adapted that quickly (book mid 1982, French flick May 1983), it took 5 years for the Arnold movie to hit theaters.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Could say we could try it in Free Mode invite only session sometime. Make a list in the thread of people who wanna be runners and those who wanna be chasers. The runners would dress in certain type of clothes and the chasers in another type of clothes. We all meet at the observatory. The runners get a head start (don't know how long??) and cannot use any vehicles and the aim is to make it to the pier. The chasers can use any mode of transport including the pegasus vehicles (except tanks). 

Runners will have three lives - there is no point in cheating in this as it's just something different for Free Roam, so trusting the count to the runner would be needed. Runners can use pistols only as their form of defence. 

Any thoughts on that idea, anything need changing?

DIBS being Subzero...

I have never made a DM, but I have the day off tomo, and I'll try and make a Running Man inspired DM...either way I'd be down to try something like this.

If any other users make a Running Man insoired map, post updates here so we can all give it a try

• KimberJane likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

"I'm going to throw up all over you"

"Go ahead... won't show on this shirt."

run_old_00.21.54.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users