Aircraft in GTA V

136 replies to this topic
Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

The spotlight was still on when I got inside the white Frogger.

I kicked the pilot out as it was landing, but made a quick character switch to repair it.

Unfortunatly it just kicks you out of it once returning to the character using it & the helicopter is shutdown for good.

The spotlight had shut off too once my character was kicked out.

Also to note the spotlight on the white Frogger can be shot.

As for the Police Maverick, has anyone tried stealing one from AI control while the spotlight is on?

Maybe spotlights on spotlight equiped helicopters can be used if they're taken while active.

Interesting notion... Now I want to do some testing! Unfortunately for the Mavericks, that would require hijacking it in midair, right? The spotlight turns off when they descend.

A random AI controlled Police Maverick sometimes flies around the city. On a few of those random occasions it's at night & it's using it's spotlight.

The issue is dealing with the wanted stars that would accompany any tactic.

But the spolight on the white Frogger remained on as it was decending, which is odd.

The white Frogger flies right along side of the buildings & remains relatively stationary. It switches positions once the buzzard is destroyed.

It can be attacked after reaching ground level OR after the first rappeling event, when the buzzard appears.

However the super jump cheat must be used in order to safetly get down If going for it after the first rapelling event.

It's better to try & take it prior to the buzzard going down, because it's over a street at that point. (Moves over trees once the buzzard is destroyed)

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:32 PM Edited by player999, 18 March 2014 - 01:33 PM.

Btw, player999, there is an "FIB Frogger" with the white letters FIB written on them.  But can you guess how to obtain it?  Of course only with the save editor.  But here, check this out and maybe add it to your main post:

http://gtaforums.com...s-quest/page-11

I just tried to get the FIB-Heli on Michaels helipad, but it comes only in Trevors painted-over version. Is there any trick to get it in the original-version? Maybe any advanced options? The picture on your link is obviously from the mission, because it shows Dave (FIB).

I kind of completed my main post with the further versions of froggers.

• xenorama and MetalMilitia89 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

I just tried to get the FIB-Heli on Michaels helipad, but it comes only in Trevors painted-over version. Is there any trick to get it in the original-version? Maybe any advanced options? The picture on your link is obviously from the mission, because it shows Dave (FIB).

I personally never tried getting this or storing this.  You'd have to PM Sprue about this.  I believe xenorama also said that you can get it, but once you save, it turns back into the Trevor Phillips Enterprises Frogger with his dumb spraypaint all over it.

• player999 likes this

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

Some starts later, the original FIB-Frogger spawned! Seems to be just random like the paint of the 4 different Bati 801 RR.

I also tried to steal a Titan again, but found it much more difficult then some weeks ago. I successfully stole a Titan at least 4 times with Michael and Franklin in the past, but today failed a dozen times, beeing shot from 2 or more tanks simultanously. Maybe it was just bad luck, maybe *R has increased the difficulty of beeing in Fort Zancudo.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 06:33 AM.

Spotlight equipped Police Mavericks can be obtained by stealing one from AI when they land to deploy SWAT officers.

Spotlight remains on after players takes control.

Rapelling ropes still appear when AI use the landing deployment option (instead of rapelling from above).

If the helicopter is stolen as the SWAT officers get off of it, the rapelling ropes remain active while players fly it.

The issue is that even with the god mode from the save editor, the helicopter still takes damage.

I've been unable to save one after stealing it because of all the nearby officers shooting at it.

Only about 10-30 seconds of flight time with each try before the damage takes effect.

Red arrow points to the spotlight, hard to see because of the angle.

Seems it's "camera" is scripted to be the spotlight. Landing lights are active too, easier to see.

yEiVeeo.jpg

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:30 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 06:30 AM.

Trying to find a way to make it to a helipad.

I'd like to confirm if the spotlight & rapelling ropes remain after saving & loading.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

Spawn that second Frogger (I forget what it says in the editor but it has something in parenthesis) in Metallic Black and put the body style at 138.

If you ever save in-game, and reload, it will revert to the Trevor version. You would have to edit it in the save editor again and put the body style back to 138. It's one of the only things that can only be done with the editor and that the game will change with an official save.

• MetalMilitia89 and player999 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:04 AM Edited by Militia, 19 March 2014 - 11:04 AM.

Spawn that second Frogger (I forget what it says in the editor but it has something in parenthesis) in Metallic Black and put the body style at 138.

If you ever save in-game, and reload, it will revert to the Trevor version. You would have to edit it in the save editor again and put the body style back to 138. It's one of the only things that can only be done with the editor and that the game will change with an official save.

What if you did this on the editor.  Clicked SAVE on the editor, and upon loading your game, it will stay like that, I am assuming?  As long as you don't SAVE again and reload, you'll keep it.

That is what I do with the Comet I told you about that I have quicksaved.  I don't save anymore and had to do all the editing on the save editor and not actually in LSC in-game due to the duplication glitch to the impound.

So I am sure someone can keep the FIB Frogger, if they are like me, and know they will NOT be saving the game anymore.  And if they do, they can just change it back again once they know they will not be saving the game anymore! :)

• xenorama and player999 like this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yep, exactly, the FIB Frogger will always be there every time you load the game as long as the last change was done with the editor.

• MetalMilitia89 and player999 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Yep, exactly, the FIB Frogger will always be there every time you load the game as long as the last change was done with the editor.

Thought so.  Nice to know that!  I am also assuming if someone wanted to, they could use the FIB Frogger as a quicksaved vehicle and load up the game sitting inside the FIB Frogger, but again, as long as they don't do any other save from then.

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by player999, 21 March 2014 - 01:52 PM.

I also tried to steal a Titan again, but found it much more difficult then some weeks ago. I successfully stole a Titan at least 4 times with Michael and Franklin in the past, but today failed a dozen times, beeing shot from 2 or more tanks simultanously. Maybe it was just bad luck, maybe *R has increased the difficulty of beeing in Fort Zancudo.

After many further tries I can say, that it seems to have become more difficult to steal something from Fort Z., because the tanks seem to be faster, as well as those Marines. Nevertheless I was sucessfull at last:

https://www.youtube....h?v=CGMBzon1BXk

You got to be very fast and should wear the best bulletproof vest there is! Fast in, fast out!

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Nice job man!  ^^^

I see you quicksaved and also had to switch characters before landing to repair the Titan.  It's probably a 80% chance of not getting the Titan without doing these methods.  Only a 20% chance of getting in there, flying out with the Titan, and landing it at the airport all in one piece before the engines die...

Also, I hope you know that MICHAEL can't store it.  The only person who can is Franklin inside his hanger.  Or, of course, T's helipad...

• player999 likes this

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:30 PM Edited by player999, 21 March 2014 - 04:34 PM.

Also, I hope you know that MICHAEL can't store it.  The only person who can is Franklin inside his hanger.  Or, of course, T's helipad...

Thanks a lot!

No, I didn´t want to save it really, because if I wanted to fly it, I´ll use the editor which is much more convenient than blocking Frank´s hangar all the time! I just wanted to show how it´s done - and now, if I think of it, your notice comes right for others not to think it works that way! As an instruction I should have been more precise there. So for all: To store the Titan inside Franklin´s hangar, you need to get him there and take the plane from Michael and taxi it into the hangar by himself! Horrible imagination to go through all this and then loose the plane because of such a mistake!

But I was just too happy about winning, as Michaels reaction at the end of the video shows....

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Anybody ever flown a plane as 1 character then changed to another just as the plane is going over the top of them? I did it with trevor, changed to franklin, made a note of where he was on the map, then flew as low as i could and switched to franklin as the plane was going overhead, and the plane crashed and exploded! It happens everytime. Also i got trevor flying the cargobob, picked up franklins car while he was in it, then switched to franklin and about 10 seconds later trevor jumps out of the cargobob and we came crashing down. Yeah i do loads of weird stuff on gta

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Anybody ever flown a plane as 1 character then changed to another just as the plane is going over the top of them? I did it with trevor, changed to franklin, made a note of where he was on the map, then flew as low as i could and switched to franklin as the plane was going overhead, and the plane crashed and exploded! It happens everytime. Also i got trevor flying the cargobob, picked up franklins car while he was in it, then switched to franklin and about 10 seconds later trevor jumps out of the cargobob and we came crashing down. Yeah i do loads of weird stuff on gta

That´s quite natural, because everytime two characters meet in cars or any aircraft and get close enough, one of them feels compelled to get out and great the other. I first discovered that when flying with two helis simultanously and Trevor jumped out and was (nearly) killed by the rotorblades: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PWVsl-U0Xx0

It happens at 4:34 min!

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

That´s quite natural, because everytime two characters meet in cars or any aircraft and get close enough, one of them feels compelled to get out and great the other. I first discovered that when flying with two helis simultanously and Trevor jumped out and was (nearly) killed by the rotorblades:

It happens at 4:34 min!
lol that was cool ive never done that

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

How about the Unarmed Buzzard that has a Police Maverick spotlight?

I know both Buzzard variations have the "headlight", but this unique one has the Police Spotlight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users