Quantcast

» «
Photo

Paid for my car even when someone destroyed it !

35 replies to this topic
skychucky
  • skychucky

Player Hater

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

Does this happens to you guys cause i've been paying for my entity even when im not destroying it . Someone else does .

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Was it a tank?

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

If a tank blows you up, you eat it. If someone takes your car and it gets wrecked after they jumped out, you eat it. 

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Tanks don't pay insurance.

"Haha u suk noob LOOOOOL hahaha im better dan u"

- Tank Driver

• Ninja_Gear, darkwar854, L5B4LIF3 and 1 other like this

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Crew Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

did someone pour petrol over it and then light it up with their exhaust backfire ?..... sweet 

• LeAristocrat and L5B4LIF3 like this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

1. Tank driver

2. They are peasants who can't afford the cost of your 1337 cars.
  • LeAristocrat likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

1. Tank driver

3. Someone actually managed to put gasoline all over the car and burn it to oblivion

4. Pricks who hide money with second character

lolumbine420
  • lolumbine420

Mayhem Mafia leader

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

I had a guy blow my car up with sticky bombs and it made me pay for my Cheetah 4 times. I camped him in my tank until he quit the session.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Yep been happening into me too with a lot of my cars.

I'll ring up mechanic ready to get a car for me and it will have (destroyed) in brackets next to it. I call up mors expecting to see no charge but no! They'll be a hefty fee waiting for me,

Its wrong. I've been grinding missions lately haven't done much free roaming . And have earned myself a couple of hundred thousand , I don't want to be paying my own insurance when someone destroys my car.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

I opened a ticket with R* about removing insurance altogether, because the system they came up with doesn't work. It can't determine if a tank is defending itself or trolling, or players on foot for that matter. Obviously someone isn't going to volunteer to pay someone's Adder cost if they did it on accident, so why should we have to foot the bill? They need to just do away with it, I don't mind that the car blew up, it comes with the territory. But if I just happened to be driving by and some dink in a tank is on a rampage, I'm not bearing the cost.

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

did someone pour petrol over it and then light it up with their exhaust backfire ?..... sweet 

I tried this yesterday and had to pay insurance. does it only work if you pour it on the car itself?

Nipper
  • Nipper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Tanks pay for my Oracle every time they trash it. At least they were last night. Pleasant surprise to see the premium has been covered by a twanker.

If I had known it was going to be them paying I would have driven my Cheetah around instead. ;P

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

1. Tank driver

3. Someone actually managed to put gasoline all over the car and burn it to oblivion

4. SMART players who hide money with second character

Sorry i had to fix that.. Prick or not.  Its smart to place all your cash on a second character when playing public free roam.

• Cincy32 and DangerZone77 like this

Jedi the SITH
  • Jedi the SITH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

I had 2 cars destroyed in a row and had to eat the cost. One guy crashed a heli into my z-type. Cost me 11g's. I had my mechanic bring my adder. It got blasted by a tank before I even got in it and that cost me 12g's. I gave up 23 grand in less than 5 minutes when I wasn't at fault. Meanwhile I do a half hour mission and get maybe 8 or 9 grand. I get charged like a millionaire but get paid like a welfare case. And the sad part is R* knows what they're doing. Smh.
  • medodido likes this

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Does this happens to you guys cause i've been paying for my entity even when im not destroying it . Someone else does .

This can happen when:

1) you have a bounty on you and you get blown up in your car

2)  some blows up your Entity with a tank

3)  someone is broke so they don't have any money to pay your insurance

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by Vooodu, 06 February 2014 - 06:10 PM.

I had 2 cars destroyed in a row and had to eat the cost. One guy crashed a heli into my z-type. Cost me 11g's. I had my mechanic bring my adder. It got blasted by a tank before I even got in it and that cost me 12g's. I gave up 23 grand in less than 5 minutes when I wasn't at fault. Meanwhile I do a half hour mission and get maybe 8 or 9 grand. I get charged like a millionaire but get paid like a welfare case. And the sad part is R* knows what they're doing. Smh.

Insurance doesn't work and needs to be removed.

Until it does i suggest you leave you over priced cars in the garage in public free roams.  Obviously you can't afford it if you're that poor.

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Until it does i suggest you leave you over priced cars in the garage in public free roams.  Obviously you can't afford it if you're that poor.

like i said, always condescending..Cant just say, "leave your over priced cars in the garage in free roam"...Always a little extra jab at people...

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

like i said, always condescending..Cant just say, "leave your over priced cars in the garage in free roam"...Always a little extra jab at people...

Thats because i tell it how it is pal.   Deal with it or block me....

Seventh Shin
  • Seventh Shin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Can you guys explain this?

IMG_1612.jpg

How much did you spend on those cars?

• rob602pa and DangerZone77 like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

IMG_1612.jpg

lol.. That means the guy only had $8 on his character.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Sh*tdick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

IMG_1612.jpg

How much did you spend on those cars?

If they dont have enough money you eat it

If the tank is stationary when it blows the car up you eat it

If the gasoline is ignited by burnouts you eat it

if your mechanic destroys your car you eat it

Personally when I am feeling trolly enough I always check MMI lot. It was so much fun when there was a Adder Entity Carbonizzare and a Feltzer together. I connected the gas trail lit it on fire with my car and watched the fireworks show. Instantly people were like " I just paid for that car how was it destroyed again?"

• Juanfartez likes this

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

haha! I have had some bad luck like that.

Over the weekend I played. Logged off after 3am as I had come back from the bar and played an hour or so. I didn't even know my entity was destroyed until I logged on Monday (apparently had more beer than I thought).

So I check my surroundings, walk out and steal a cheap ride to get the distance from the apartment, call insurance and then call mechanic to bring me. As I look at corner map I see someone turn corner and coming directly toward me. I could tell it was not a friendly approach and proceed to run behind a wall...get ready... and then Boom! It was a tank that shoots the wall and I die from shell shock or something.

If that wasn't bad enough, my dumb mechanic then pulls entity up and Boom! its gone....LOL!

Ended up being a great night though. Got in with a good group and made a couple hundred K real quick. Put me back over the M mark. :)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

I've had this happen once before. I tend to leave my vehicles in my garage if I see a large number of people in the lobby as its likely to get blown up.

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

I tried this yesterday just to see if it worked.  I did it with a random NPC car though, I'm not that guy.

It worked, sort of...  I mean the NPC car was destroyed, unfortunately I guess I was too close cause I also caught my Entity on fire and had to pay $10k insurance on it.  sh*t. lol.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

Gas can and backfire? 

Yeah, that works, guys.  A bit tedious, but funny when they spawn, then come back to their car ablaze.  Had one guy even get in, trying to save it, I guess.  Easy kill.

rusticvagueman
  • rusticvagueman

Cheeky Scrub

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

lol i love spending all my money on ammo and cars, and when i'm broke i use automatic shotgun 32 shells to blow up crappy chradders that don't even have bulletproof tires

• Zorvaine likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

When I see someone in a fully chromed car...

Easily kill the driver. Then I usually pour gasoline all over it, make sure I become wanted, take cover behind the ugly thing (keep your friend's cars close and your enemies car's closer) wait for a cop to shoot a gas trail, I eliminate the police and watch the chrome melt into ash with an explosive finale... 

After that I proceed to thrust my knife in the owner's neck.

Watch Tower
  • Watch Tower

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

I know it sucks but I think we can all agree that occasionally rolling around in a tank and killing everyone while destroying their cars and suffering absolutely zero consequence is really a lot of fun.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

My favorite part of the tank is antagonizing fools.  It's like clockwork with most people.  Tank killed me, so I'll go get mine.  Who's surprised when they roll around the corner in their tank?  They are;  because they just drove on top of 5 stickies.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

I know it sucks but I think we can all agree that occasionally rolling around in a tank and killing everyone while destroying their cars and suffering absolutely zero consequence is really a lot of fun.

And you can hear a tank firing rounds pretty easily. If I hear booms I don't go a lookin'

Before the change I did a big jump, and by fluke landed on a tank - guy had to pay $12,500 insurance (it was kind of funny, not fair, but funny).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users