Whats your take on all of this Shark Card, money exploit, payout patch

38 replies to this topic
The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Guess I'll post here since I got suspended from the Support Forum, I'm assuming thats what happened. I log on and the screen is blank..of course I began riling up the people during the maintenence period for the 360 when they were having meltdowns worried about being banned for gifted money or hacking.

Anyways,  I haven't posted on this forum since way back when I had Vice City for the PC when it first came out (least from what I remember). Has anyone else got suspended over stupid things on that forum? I feel Rockstar has changed as a company..they got that taste of fame and money and now want to follow suit of the money hungry companies like EA. They're trying their hardest to claim the Shark Cards are to make the online experience greater and not for extra pocketed cash for themselves, but that's a load of bullsh*t IMO. If the money wasn't an issue, they wouldn't be patching missions and race pay outs.

I for one really don't care about the cash pay outs, but when (on average) you come back from some rinky dink mission just to have your car blown up by a tank and you have to foot the bill, that's just ridiculous. As I said, money isn't an issue with me and if the money were increased, I believe it'd be more boring because everything would be much easier to obtain. I felt like the game was cheesy back when we were all gifted loads of money and could buy things at ease. Even now since I've bought every aircraft in the game (and the tank before the exploits) it makes missions so much easier so again, I don't see why people continue to complain about mission pay outs. I'm always open to other people's views and seeing where they come from as I tend to learn from other people, so what's your opinion on all of this? What irks me the most is how they've managed to take so many things out of the game, including vehicles like the Rat Loader (which I've honestly never even seen or bothered to look for) which is just some beat up vehicle, they patch that, patch exploits, shut down servers to attend to the money exploits yet..for four months weve been stuck with the Cornrow glitch. Any other game, this would have been addressed within a week or so and fixed.

I don't know why the cornrows glitch hasn't been fixed yet and I don't know why Rockstar is being so f*cking lazy that they suggest fixing a glitch with another one (if the cornrows are tattooed on your head you can't get rid of them even with the ''Find New Session' suggestion). Rockstar used to listen to the community, but nowadays if it's not something that nets them any sort of income, they really don't care. I'm willing to bet the Beach Bum Pack was just a decoy so they could go and f*ck off for the rest of the year and watch as sales increased during the holidays. They want to convince us that there's so much more to come with GTA Online yet they can't even fix basic glitches in the game that annoy the f*ck out of people such as the Cornrow glitch or the tattoos on your chest being glitchy. Another thing about the tattoos, is it a glitch or is it just because the direct draw distance in-game, but when you see someone win in a match and they have their shirt off, their tattoos look like smeared Sharpie or something. It's like someone drew cocks all over their chest and then tried to get it off by rubbing it. Is that the same with everyone else?

I just don't get companies that have such a large following of customers, whom just tend to ignore the obvious. THen you have people who are getting paid nothing who mod on their own time with GTA PC Games and expect nothing in return and just hope the community enjoys it. It's as if video games have took a page out of politics.

• BuckScrotum likes this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

i'm glad about the money exploits,now people won't buy cash cards.

that's just what r gets for releasing an unfinished game. 

• EarthboundMysfit likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

If people want to buy cash-cards, so be it... It's their own money, i think it's immature to dictate someone's money.

*Wait for the moans on this one*

Cornrows/tattoos aren't a priority, deal with it for now.

R* do listen to the community, as well as look out for themselves - as you would expect when it has investors.

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

If people want to buy cash-cards, so be it... It's their own money, i think it's immature to dictate someone's money.

R* do listen to the community, as well as look out for themselves - as you would expect when it has investors.

If r* listened to the community would't fixing cornrows and tattoos be one of their priorities? 

• The_Mossberg500 and Eddie_INTV like this

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't care about cash cards, I've dealt with this crap in BF3 where people would buy their kits after getting the game for the first time when switching over from Call of Duty. Cornrows IS an issue, and has been for months. If the problem is so wide spread that it affects 90% of the community (only people it hasn't affected are the peple who don't get haircuts but even then they sometimes get it when switching matches) and gives a cheap feel to the game. It's an easy fix but apparently they'd rather not address it..lets face it, they've yet to even fix the Mask glitch that makes you bald. In any other game as I've said, this would be addressed within a few weeks tops. I don't know why its being sweeped under the rug. THis problem has been around since before the 1.08 patch in November and Rockstar's way of acknowedging it is by patching it with another glitch which makes no sense.

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:09 PM Edited by SCS_Skreamies, 06 February 2014 - 12:12 PM.

Fairplay that Rockstar have bought out Shark Cards, every company does something like this. But to me the price is way to high for one of these cards, but the prices are set by Microsoft so Rockstar can't do anything.

As for the money patches (harder to make money) this is stupid and very disrespectful to customers, pretty much forcing us to buy more things from them.

Money exploits, I don't give two damns about. People can do what they want, it doesn't affect me when I play so I don't care. Though I have used a couple of money exploits reason being that I ham now a legit level 156 player and I pretty much have everything. I don't do jobs from Martin or Lester etc.. because I have already done each mission more than 10 times and it's boring as f**k. They only thing I do with some of the exploited money is build cars and help some other people out if they're low for some cash. 

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by marco-polo, 06 February 2014 - 12:13 PM.

I don't care about cash cards, I've dealt with this crap in BF3 where people would buy their kits after getting the game for the first time when switching over from Call of Duty.

That was just in general (c-c), not at you...

Cornrows IS an issue, and has been for months. If the problem is so wide spread that it affects 90% of the community (only people it hasn't affected are the peple who don't get haircuts but even then they sometimes get it when switching matches) and gives a cheap feel to the game. It's an easy fix but apparently they'd rather not address it..lets face it, they've yet to even fix the Mask glitch that makes you bald. In any other game as I've said, this would be addressed within a few weeks tops. I don't know why its being sweeped under the rug. THis problem has been around since before the 1.08 patch in November and Rockstar's way of acknowedging it is by patching it with another glitch which makes no sense.

If r* listened to the community would't fixing cornrows and tattoos be one of their priorities? 

Of all the things that have gone wrong in this game, of all the things that people complain about....do you really think cornrows are at the top of the list? Or anywhere near it?

The prices are set by Microsoft so Rockstar can't do anything.

Is that so?

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

I don't care about cash cards, I've dealt with this crap in BF3 where people would buy their kits after getting the game for the first time when switching over from Call of Duty.

Cornrows IS an issue, and has been for months. If the problem is so wide spread that it affects 90% of the community (only people it hasn't affected are the peple who don't get haircuts but even then they sometimes get it when switching matches) and gives a cheap feel to the game. It's an easy fix but apparently they'd rather not address it..lets face it, they've yet to even fix the Mask glitch that makes you bald. In any other game as I've said, this would be addressed within a few weeks tops. I don't know why its being sweeped under the rug. THis problem has been around since before the 1.08 patch in November and Rockstar's way of acknowedging it is by patching it with another glitch which makes no sense.

Of all the things that have gone wrong in this game, of all the things that people complain about....do you really think cornrows are at the top of the list? Or anywhere near it?

It would be an easy fix and it doesn't seem like r has been fixing anything else lately. 

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

Exactly, you're right on the money with that. I'm just given the vibe that they know they already have the clientele needed to be set for a few years until another tittle comes along (not saying they're not going to add to this game). They know people will still play the game so the need to fix certain things isn't so much of an eurgency or them. I'm willing to bet this damn Cornrow gltich will only be pathched once they release some DLC. Hell, they might have even already had a fix for it, but will only include it in the new DLC so it gives the DLC even more "patch notes" that people can feel greatful for. 

I mean, come on now..the last patch all they did was *LOL* Remove Gerald's hat (makes no sense why they would but he has his hat in cut scenes still) and gave break clamps or something to the Lambos. Yeah man, Gerald's hat was WAY TOO OVER POWERED and man..not having those red break clamps on the Lambo was really a deal breaker for me, glad they addressed that issue!

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

The "cornrows issue" is going in front of the Security Council later today. Expect China And Russia to veto. 

• Staten, NuklerGhost101838, MrHollick and 1 other like this

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Fairplay that Rockstar have bought out Shark Cards, every company does something like this. But to me the price is way to high for one of these cards, but the prices are set by Microsoft so Rockstar can't do anything.

As for the money patches (harder to make money) this is stupid and very disrespectful to customers, pretty much forcing us to buy more things from them.

Money exploits, I don't give two damns about. People can do what they want, it doesn't affect me when I play so I don't care. Though I have used a couple of money exploits reason being that I ham now a legit level 156 player and I pretty much have everything. I don't do jobs from Martin or Lester etc.. because I have already done each mission more than 10 times and it's boring as f**k. They only thing I do with some of the exploited money is build cars and help some other people out if they're low for some cash. 

I feel if they up the cash pay out for missions, it'd just get boring. If they want to add more money to pay outs, give us more items to buy. So far, the only reason I save up money is to constantly keep a rotation of cars in my garage that I want to test out or when I'm high and feel the need to drive something else.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

It would be an easy fix and it doesn't seem like r has been fixing anything else lately. 

I have no experience in coding stuff so if you have any, maybe you're right...

Nonetheless, if the page containing the patch notes for the next update isn't packed full of fixes, i'll be pretty disappointed.

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

The prices are set by Microsoft so Rockstar can't do anything.

Is that so?

I think the Cornrows glitch is the only issue I have with the game, other than them messing up the Bad Sport crap. I don't know if they did it to deal with people bitching about tanks, or because they're lazy, but toning down the "bad sport" feature by allowing TANKS to blow up cars without having to pay for them is ridiculous. Thanksfully, since the exploits and expoiters were banned, there hasn't been as many tanks. Before the fix, every server I'd join had two imbeciles sitting outside my apartment just killing people coming out of their garage.

That's something that needs to be addressed IMO. I shouldn't have to check to see if there's any tanks around before I pull my Entity (or any car for that matter) out of my garage.

I have no experience in coding stuff so if you have any, maybe you're right...

Nonetheless, if the page containing the patch notes for the next update isn't packed full of fixes, i'll be pretty disappointed.

Coding for this game seems somewhat easy, as I've seen some people making vids of the files. It's sort of like PC games that hae the config. file that just shows a bunch of values with "true" or "false" its just a matter of figuring out when the glitch takes affect to pinpoint it. For me, it was scrolling over the damn haircut that gave me it but for others its also joining new sessions that did it. It's probably in the same category as the mask/bald glitch and can be fixed.

You can remove spoilers, add tinted windows to say..the Banshee just by tweaking the in-game save files, changing either a 0 to a 1 or true to false. I haven't a clue why they gave you the inability to tint windows for the Banshee. For me, I honestly think that some of these "exploiters" should invest time in trying to find a fix. Never mind, the "hackers" were just people who used save editors and ran it on a DNS server..nothing ground breaking there IMO.

The "cornrows issue" is going in front of the Security Council later today. Expect China And Russia to veto. 

I'd rather go back to being bald like Putin .

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

Exactly, you're right on the money with that. I'm just given the vibe that they know they already have the clientele needed to be set for a few years until another tittle comes along (not saying they're not going to add to this game). They know people will still play the game so the need to fix certain things isn't so much of an eurgency or them. I'm willing to bet this damn Cornrow gltich will only be pathched once they release some DLC. Hell, they might have even already had a fix for it, but will only include it in the new DLC so it gives the DLC even more "patch notes" that people can feel greatful for. 

I mean, come on now..the last patch all they did was *LOL* Remove Gerald's hat (makes no sense why they would but he has his hat in cut scenes still) and gave break clamps or something to the Lambos. Yeah man, Gerald's hat was WAY TOO OVER POWERED and man..not having those red break clamps on the Lambo was really a deal breaker for me, glad they addressed that issue!

Maybe they will fix Gerald's bike in the next patch.

• Pb76 likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

Putin's bald?

Anyway, Shark Cards are cool. I'm not paying for it, but if you got enough money to waste, go ahead. I'm not your mother.

Cornrows glitch. Yeah. I still have that. It's redonk.

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

garage spot 1 bug is a more important fix imo, least cornrow glitch doesn't cost me anything.

• return-to-innocence likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:41 PM Edited by marco-polo, 06 February 2014 - 01:41 PM.

Part 1

The badsport thing does need improving, no doubt. But at the same time it was the "innocent" group who performed suicide missions on the tanks don't forget... Rockstar apparently thought that this would be a good fix, and indeed it went from uneven on one to side to uneven on the other.

Surely, one would think, that they're probably in a stalemate on how to work out the best way to go about this whole thing.

Agree on the car bit.

Part 2

Was that before it was encrypted or is that a difference section?

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

I've bought a cash card.  And I don't regret it.  I totally support them.

Money exploits = cheating.  I *HATE* cheaters.  When you read that back to yourself, put a lot of emphasis on the word hate and fill it with as much disgust and anger and bile that you can.  Say it through gritted teeth and imagine bashing someone's head in at the same time.  With a brick.

I am infinitely happy that R* patched what they did.  When I found out, it felt like I was having several orgasms at once and that feeling lasted for an entire day.  So, you might say I felt pretty damned good about the exploit patches.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

for cornrows jsut put on a full face mask and it usually goes away... fixed. cheers, call me rockstar

for the slot 1 bug, this is really annoying, but check your insurance before you leave. its the cost or re-insure thats the kicker

as for cashcards ..... its a choice... R* even said on the in game prompt "too lazy to earn, buy cash card for instant gratification" its aimed at the folk who cant be arsed putting the effort in ... simple... if your dumb enough to give real money for fake numbers... ill hapilly give you all the fake numbers you want and you send me your real money...

anyone that complaints about rockstar shilling cashcards is a f*cking moron who should probably buy a cash card to prove the point... its a choice, chose to, or chose not to, but bitching and moaning that its there aint gonna change anything.

as for the cash exploits these have caused issues, its something that has been fixed and continues to be a focus, ultimately the time and money takes away from dev (and i know what your thinking, its different teams that dev for fixes to the ones that dev for content... but bitch please, they all work from the same pot of money and anytime resources are divided sacrifices have to be made) of new content,,, so the same entitled fools that glitched cash, complaint about cashcards (that they dont need cos they glitched cash) bitch that we dont have heists yet, because they glitched cash and didnt buy a cahs card...

all it takes is a mediocre amount of thought to figure out...

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Patching money exploits, reducing payouts and everything that nets players some money while leaving the true glitchy stuff that may take player's money by accident is total Bullsh*t.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

People that are pissing, and moaning about cash cards obviously just don't get it.  Rockstar is a business, and like any business they are out to make as big of profit as they can.  GTA 5 alone got them a nice chunk of change.  Online is basically a free add-on, and meant to be a totally different game.  Just play through the intro again, and you'll see the direction Rockstar took for Online.  $$$ is suppose to be tough at first to come by.  I think mission payouts right now are balanced just fine.

They're not forcing anyone into buying cash cards.  It's there if you want a quick infusion of cash; and really, 200K for only 5 bucks isn't that bad.  That should last anyone just starting out for quite awhile, unless you really suck, or blow it all  on a car that you can't  upgrade for quite awhile. 

I will say that insurance, and bad sport need fixing.  Anyone that destroys a PV should pay no matter what.  If you're broke, then Maze Bank pays the premium, and you owe the bank.  Any $$$ earned from missions,races,etc goes right to the bank until your debt is paid.

Bad Sport counter should be lowered to 5.  That'll curb all those idiot Tank Griefers.  Only exception's if somebody has a bounty on them, or they intentionally ram their PV into a tank.

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States
  • Extra-Special Super Cool Guy! [2014]

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

I've have to pay $24,000 on my carbonizzare twice... Just because its in slot 1. But the worst part is that I can't sell it now...

as for the blurry tattoos, cornrows and bald head: yes they are annoying. Still have cornrow tat even though I've been wearing a skull mask for a week(took mask of yesterday and tats still on head) and I was also bald lol

wimthetim
  • wimthetim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:11 PM Edited by wimthetim, 06 February 2014 - 02:13 PM.

freemode plays alot worse now than when it was released. crate drops and security vans dont work like they should. tanks in freemode are awful and completely ruin the game. so many players have access to tanks because of the free money. rockstar should have removed items bought with the money aswell as the money. its totally unfair to players who were never gifted the money in the first place. cornrows don't bother me too much but seriously how hard can it be to fix!

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:25 PM Edited by razorsharkhead, 06 February 2014 - 02:32 PM.

People that are pissing, and moaning about cash cards obviously just don't get it.  Rockstar is a business, and like any business they are out to make as big of profit as they can.  GTA 5 alone got them a nice chunk of change.  Online is basically a free add-on, and meant to be a totally different game.  Just play through the intro again, and you'll see the direction Rockstar took for Online.  $$$ is suppose to be tough at first to come by.  I think mission payouts right now are balanced just fine.

They're not forcing anyone into buying cash cards.  It's there if you want a quick infusion of cash; and really, 200K for only 5 bucks isn't that bad.  That should last anyone just starting out for quite awhile, unless you really suck, or blow it all  on a car that you can't  upgrade for quite awhile. 

I will say that insurance, and bad sport need fixing.  Anyone that destroys a PV should pay no matter what.  If you're broke, then Maze Bank pays the premium, and you owe the bank.  Any $$$ earned from missions,races,etc goes right to the bank until your debt is paid.

Bad Sport counter should be lowered to 5.  That'll curb all those idiot Tank Griefers.  Only exception's if somebody has a bounty on them, or they intentionally ram their PV into a tank.

They are changing the game so they can get more money though. Ever wonder why all your favorite missions offer less money with every patch? I'd be fine if the pay outs were good but they aren't, and they will keep getting worse because c wants people to buy casg cards. 

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

They are changing the game so they can get more money though. Ever wonder why all your favorite missions offer less money with every patch? I'd be fine if the pay outs were good but they aren't, and they will keep getting worse because c wants people to buy casg cards. 

All the missions I've played since I first started in mid November have all paid out the same now.  Since I didn't play Online at launch, I have idea what it was back then.  Either way, it's very easy to bank $100k in a little over an hr.  If missions like Rooftop Rumble, Coveted, Base Invaders, or even Extradition start paying out only $2k, then I'll say Rockstar is forcing cash cards on everyone.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

A)...So?

B) I would copy paste the hundreds of threads about these very subjects with discussions and opinions on your comments but I havent got all day.

C) Thanks for comming back. Bye.

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

i'm glad about the money exploits,now people won't buy cash cards.

that's just what r gets for releasing an unfinished game. 

Your logic is flawed

R* did release a complete game with an online component. On the back of the game you bought it even states...

"Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upoun 30 days notice be terminated, modified, or offered under different terms."

GTAo is a constantly evolving, "BETA" special feature, that came with the complete game, Grand Theft Auto V that you purchased... I'm sick of hearing entitled children whine about how they are owed things, and pissed off to high heavens that hackers have ruined the development cycle of a special feature in a game that I enjoy so much.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 06 February 2014 - 06:00 PM.

whatever happened to that nurse shark card? the one you bought to share money with other players? its not entitled to want the options you were promised before they took your money. and i seriously doubt anyone bought gta 5 for the story mode. if you skip all the cutscenes the game is 4 hours long. spoiler alert- when you do beat the game they just stare at each other and say now what? pretty much everyone bought it for the online, which isnt available to anyone any other way than purchase of gta5 game.if they are two separate things then they should be sold as such.

rockstar is full of sh*t calling this anything other than regular online multiplayer. any company that makes you sign an agreement that they can do anything whenever without notice and there is nothing you can do about it is full of it. but you dumb bastards keep buying pre-orders and calling other players entitled for wanting the features they bragged about in the commercials. by now most of us have seen the preview of online, the guy looking out a window that isnt in the game wearing an outfit that isnt in the game with a body type that isnt in the game looking at other players with a feature that isnt in the game...at what point does that become fraud? 

BuckScrotum
  • BuckScrotum

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by BuckScrotum, 06 February 2014 - 06:09 PM.

I think Rockstar should be forced to earn your money in the future.

Instead those assholes take it first and get lazy after they are all on their yachts doin coke off hooker tits.

GTAO is just one giant Beta... they dont owe anybody anything and probs dont give a f*ck until the next release.

They have your money and are collecting data off GTAO to build a bigger monster next time around..

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:11 PM Edited by reform, 06 February 2014 - 06:11 PM.

As long as it doesn't get anywhere near Forza 5 cash grab levels then I'll be ok.

If players need unrealistic amounts of GTA$ for something which they can't reasonably earn in-game, forcing people to either buy shark cards or quit - Then they'll have gone too far.

Otherwise I don't care if people with less time to play, or bads, or lazy folks want to buy in-game cash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users