140 replies to this topic
Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Is John Cena still a thing?

Do we still smell what The Rock is cookin?

Is Hulkamania still going on?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

Bunch of people whining about a conference call because it's not saying what they want it to say. Attack Of The Entitled Gamer: Boardroom Edition.

We are almost as entitled as the big shareholders on the call, who asked how Rockstar was going to make up for the lost profit due the cash glitching.  Investors who invest in companies purely due to their profit potential and care absolute nothing about the business itself, who risk other people's money, who make obscene profits for themselves, whose wardrobe of Itailian suits and shoes costs more than most of us make in a year, who become irate if the company makes the slightest misstep.   Who's entitled again? :p

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

Don't you just love how threads get de-railed? LMAO... it went from OP's quote to what Take2's fiscal year is and what months fall into what quarter. And that's just the first page. I dare to imagine what the other 3 pages are discussing.

It wasn't my intention. I posted the link as more of an fyi as it was on several game websites and seemed a little more candid than the usual although rare official announcements from Rockstar.

I personally don't have a problem with cash cards so long as not using them doesn't hinder the players progress...the reason i don't play freemium games on my phone.

Someone mentioned Flappy Bird earlier which i read today is making $50,000 a day for its Vietnamese developer through in-game ads! I'm just glad there aren't pop-ups everywhere. When that day comes...

If Rockstar just starts selling ad space to real world corproations for billboards in GTA0, they will be making $500K per day.  :colgate:

secrules2
  • secrules2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

I don't want to quote a long post, but this is entirely entitlement. Rockstar announced way back in August that GTA Online was to "be known as a different entity, a separate thing, and it'll grow on its own. It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA V. Obviously it's set in the GTA V engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing."

Hell, Rockstar was even using the term "free to play" back in August to describe the experience.

You paid for GTAV. You didn't pay for GTA:O. That was the deal from the outset. Don't get angry when they action what they were telling the press months before launch. Rockstar will make decisions in the best interests of their shareholders, but make no mistake, they owe you nothing.

Don't like it? Feel ripped off? The next time RSG releases a game, vote with your wallet and give your money to somebody else. Capitalism is a beautiful thing.

Does it say online is seperate on the box? If not then I'm not sure how it could have been sold as a seperate thing.

Alright rich people. Buy those cash cards so they will release Heists :lol:.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

It's insane how many of you defend the bogus "free to play" nonsense.

It's like an automobile manufacturer telling you that yes, you bought a new car and every car you have ever purchased had an engine that worked but this time, your car will STILL come with an engine but technically that engine is "free" so if your car doesn't start or stalls while driving you can't *really* complain because it's free.

We fully understand a business is there to make money and I, personally, have been willing to deal with my lost cFusilade, Elegy, Sheriff SUV and Rat Loader, all of which I put GTA$ into. I dealt with losing my first character and I continue to deal with the annoyance that is trying to stay connected to my friends while playing GTA Online.

I believe they can sort this out as well as they can considering PS4 is the future anyway.

That said, I can and will NOT sit here and let people parrot CorporateSpeak and try to beat people down by being condescending and in some instances flat out derogatory.

It's wrong and it's BS. I wish Take 2 would cut the crap and stop treating gamers like idiots even if a lot of them are.

WHY did they cut mission payouts and take away the Replay option?

Were they *really* looking out for OUR best interests?

OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that is perfectly okay! I accept that. I understand they need to keep generating money to keep putting out products and keep people getting paid.

I get it!

What I DON'T get is trying to pretend something is actually something else then acting like it was all okay because it was FREE anyway!

Infuriating, in fact.

But yes, you deluded types stay deluded, CORPORATE counts on your ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SD361
  • SD361

The Professional

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:58 AM Edited by SD361, 07 February 2014 - 05:58 AM.

What I DON'T get is trying to pretend something is actually something else then acting like it was all okay because it was FREE anyway!

Nobody ever pretended it was something else. Again, this was the deal from the outset. It may not have been printed on the box, but it was certainly made clear countless times in the press.

Was it counter-consumer to cut payouts? yes. Was it counter-consumer to remove the replay option? Maybe. But none of the discounts the fact that this was advertised as a separate freeplay experience from the get go.

And this is certainly not parroting corporate speak. I happen to make a very good living helping large organizations find new revenue streams. I may very well suck at video games, but I most definitely know the business of business.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

OJ Simpson, "I'm not guilty"

Rockstar Games "We are not making decisions in order to extract value."

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:22 AM

Pretty sure, by "resources" they mean human resources and assets used to support the development of the game - in this case, mainly more programmers to develop more DLCs.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

Yeah guys this game is definitely "free to play".

That's why I downloaded this game straight from Rockstar's website at no cost. I didn't have to go pay the full retail price of a new release to be able to play it.

Here's a tip: don't be a f*cking moron.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

That's why I downloaded this game straight from Rockstar's website at no cost. I didn't have to go pay the full retail price of a new release to be able to play it.

Free to play in the context of this = no subscription.

It is how guild wars 2 is considered f2p even though you buy the game/expansions

Watch Tower
  • Watch Tower

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I wonder if the girl in your signature is able to jog comfortably. She must have upper back pain.

Since this topic has gone so wonderfully off-track I don't feel bad for posting this.

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Rockstar/Take Two are the most frustrating f*cking dev's out there. They SAY they want us "engaged, happy, & loving the online experience" - but the fact of the matter is they don't DO anything about it & ultimately fail at their job/goals. If they can't see the countless fans asking for new content not only on their social media pages, but around the web as well complaining about the useless additions & announcements made on a very spaced out schedule...then I see little hope for "plenty more opportunity" if you're losing fans by the day. I would just love to know what they're doing over there on a daily basis, because it sure as hell isn't anything productive into keeping our eyes on the product. 

"I want I want I want".

"Give my your juicy cocks Rockstar and Take 2, I'll gladly suck on them. I'll even let your bang my anus until it bleeds and thank you while withering in pain"

:rol:

Who mentioned anything to do with Rockstar ?

Idiot.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

I don't want to quote a long post, but this is entirely entitlement. Rockstar announced way back in August that GTA Online was to "be known as a different entity, a separate thing, and it'll grow on its own. It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA V. Obviously it's set in the GTA V engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing."

Hell, Rockstar was even using the term "free to play" back in August to describe the experience.

You paid for GTAV. You didn't pay for GTA:O. That was the deal from the outset. Don't get angry when they action what they were telling the press months before launch. Rockstar will make decisions in the best interests of their shareholders, but make no mistake, they owe you nothing.

Don't like it? Feel ripped off? The next time RSG releases a game, vote with your wallet and give your money to somebody else. Capitalism is a beautiful thing.

Until the two actually are seperate, well, they aren't seperate; no matter what R* says. R* describing GTAO as a free to play system was merely to inform consumers that they weren't going to charge a monthly fee to access it. It meant nothing more than that. GTAO was not a gift as some people would like to suggest.

It makes me sad that anyone would actually believe that they paid for GTA 5 and got GTAO for free. What? I can't even comprehend how anyone can actually come to that conclusion. Until R* offers GTAO as a free, stand alone and completely seperate download (don't hold your breath) from GTA 5 they are JOINED. You are paying for BOTH. You cannot get access to GTAO without buying GTA 5, they are not offered seperately, so how the hell can they be concidered seperate? One is merely the SP aspect, the other the multiplayer.

On my 360's dashboard there is a section for free to play games. Guess what? GTAO isn't in there. Neither is it on the PS3. However, I can go in to the games on demand section and buy GTA 5 (the ONLY way to get GTAO) for $60. I cannot download GTA 5 without also recieving GTAO, nor can I do it the other way round. Therefore I am paying for both. Neither you nor R* can convince me that any part of it is free, because it simply isn't.

No, I don't think I am "entitled" (I f*cking hate how that word is thrown around and misused) to any additional content beyond what came with the disk (accept maybe the heists which were advertised prior to the purchase of the game as being a part of the game). I do however expect a game developer to do their reasonable best to support their product and to promote customer satisfaction. And I will not be suckered into the mentality that suggests that R* is not to be held accountable, or that any complaints about GTAO made by its consumers are unfounded, based on it being "free" and a "gift".  Because it isn't and it's an insult to consumers to suggest that it is.

• return-to-innocence likes this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

I just bought a $500,000 Shark Card. All about that R* cooch. I'm all up in it like Peter North.

tumblr_inline_mudyhwakH61qevkrb.gif

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

If this game is free to play and you don't need GTA 5, can one of you glorious R* defenders tell me how my friend can get it? He doesn't have any interest in the SP, but he'd love the idea of playing GTA Online. 

Oh... what's that? 

...You can't get it for free..? So.. you have to pay for GTA 5 to use it's multiplayer that has a fancy name..? Oh.. that's right. So shut the f*ck up.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

This makes me wonder...

Is GTA V strictly a PS3 game but will "Online" be ported to PS4?

Alarming
  • Alarming

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:12 AM

Lol yet no one complains about WoW and the costs involved.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

Lol yet no one complains about WoW and the costs involved.

but you only have to buy the game, 5 expansions and monthly subscription. The micro-transactions are only for cosmetic things so it is completely fine.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

It was just a typo. Rockstar said FEE to play.

Alarming
  • Alarming

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Hornedturtle, not sure if your serious or sarcastic?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Hornedturtle, not sure if your serious or sarcastic?

Sorry, forgot the :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users