"We are not making decisions in order to extract value."

140 replies to this topic
SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

SD - spare me I know what "FREE TO PLAY" is.

You just validated my point. We can't get anywhere when people such as you just repeat the corporate bullsh*t.

I won't bother explaining why you are wrong since it will obviously not matter but bro, you are so very very wrong.

If I want FREE TO PLAY I will download  Flappy Bird.

• Khaos89 and blackwolfred like this

WetWoolley
  • WetWoolley

Stainer Of Persian Rugs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:18 PM Edited by WetWoolley, 06 February 2014 - 10:19 PM.

Rockstar/Take Two are the most frustrating f*cking dev's out there. They SAY they want us "engaged, happy, & loving the online experience" - but the fact of the matter is they don't DO anything about it & ultimately fail at their job/goals. If they can't see the countless fans asking for new content not only on their social media pages, but around the web as well complaining about the useless additions & announcements made on a very spaced out schedule...then I see little hope for "plenty more opportunity" if you're losing fans by the day. I would just love to know what they're doing over there on a daily basis, because it sure as hell isn't anything productive into keeping our eyes on the product. 

• blackwolfred likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

I'm glad that R* doesn't have the same feeble mindset as the majority of this threads lousy responders.

Too many of you have NO CLUE about real life business.
  • who-dat and KornbreadMaf1a like this

Charlie Goodvibes
  • Charlie Goodvibes

Charlie's been dead for 40 years

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

I will pay for DLC just please give me some DLC.

R* ARE YOU LISTENING? I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY FOR CONTENT. PLEASE GIVE ME CONTENT I HAVE MONEY TO GIVE YOU.

• who-dat, sSphInXx and blackwolfred like this

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Rockstar/Take Two are the most frustrating f*cking dev's out there. They SAY they want us "engaged, happy, & loving the online experience" - but the fact of the matter is they don't DO anything about it & ultimately fail at their job/goals. If they can't see the countless fans asking for new content not only on their social media pages, but around the web as well complaining about the useless additions & announcements made on a very spaced out schedule...then I see little hope for "plenty more opportunity" if you're losing fans by the day. I would just love to know what they're doing over there on a daily basis, because it sure as hell isn't anything productive into keeping our eyes on the product. 

Meh. They built the game partially based on suggestions made my players of GTAIV. This game is 10 steps above it's predecessor in many aspects.

There is always a small group of people extremely vocal about their dislike of the game in general. These are the people who, while they may make valid points, are unfortunately lost in the voices if millions of happy satisfied gamers.

You will never see the inner workings of Rockstar. They will never give up anything prior to release other than hype and PR. Its essentially their only vehicle to get people to purchase their product. To give up content is to give up ideas and eventually lost revenue from stupidity.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Don't you just love how threads get de-railed? LMAO... it went from OP's quote to what Take2's fiscal year is and what months fall into what quarter. And that's just the first page. I dare to imagine what the other 3 pages are discussing.

• nfrank likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

wow, the future is tied to revenue...

as if turning 250millions into 1billion+ in 3 days wasnt enough...
  • blackwolfred likes this

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by GTARACER93, 06 February 2014 - 11:11 PM.

Don't you just love how threads get de-railed? LMAO... it went from OP's quote to what Take2's fiscal year is and what months fall into what quarter. And that's just the first page. I dare to imagine what the other 3 pages are discussing.

It's all connected Would you believe that finances are connected to a financial year? 

You know value revolves around money again goes back to finances. 

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

I'm glad that R* doesn't have the same feeble mindset as the majority of this threads lousy responders.

Too many of you have NO CLUE about real life business.

You are incorrect. I would say a whole lot of us have real life business experience.

Listen, Rockstar are hugely successful as game devs.. Any game they put out sells millions of copies. Up to this point we've had vastly positive experiences.

Simply put there are too many things that seem "off". The second you try passing of your Multiplayer mode as a "Free To Play" venture like it's a damn mobile game is the second people start wondering "hmm why wasn't Red Dead or GTA IV classified as such?"

Answer? Because that isn't a game dev decision that's a corporate decision.

It's their business and they can do as they want since we, the paying customers, continue to use their services.

Ultimately we as a fanbase have been about as loyal as a fanbase can be but anybody who isn't blinded by EXTREME brand loyalty can see that there have been some bizarre and arbitrary decisions made from, literally, Day 01 of the Online launch.

The ONE issue they most should have focused on was stability. Too many lost characters/cars to start and since that day, too many disconnects, too many Timed Out From Sesssions, too many times left hanging in the clouds. The focus has been strictly on Money Glitches/Hacks and while that IS a major issue it speaks volumes that connectivity, KEEPING THE CUSTOMER CONNECTED WITH THE PRODUCT seems to have taken a backseat to anything that has anything to do with money.

Every corporation is about Money. Fact. Take Two will do what it can to maximize profits and we all accept that.

The downer is that games are supposed to equal FUN and there have been some head scratching decisions that seem like the exact opposite of FUN.

Yet there is the CorporateSpeak letting us know how LUCKY we are to have this FREE TO PLAY experience!

Which to me means they had a PRE LOADED EXCUSE upon launch. We can't complain because it's FREE!

Really though: Every single person who bought this game did so with the expectation that Multilayer would be a functioning part of GTA V.

• Khaos89 and blackwolfred like this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

It's all connected Would you believe that finances are connected to a financial year? 

3b766ef0acfdf7899689808b99b7e8f2e5cddf49

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

3b766ef0acfdf7899689808b99b7e8f2e5cddf49

Don't you just love how threads get de-railed? LMAO...

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

Don't you just love how threads get de-railed? LMAO...

dont-do-email.gif

• iainspad likes this

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

"I want I want I want".

nfrank
  • nfrank

English Pride Crew

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:10 AM Edited by nfrank, 07 February 2014 - 12:11 AM.

It wasn't my intention. I posted the link as more of an fyi as it was on several game websites and seemed a little more candid than the usual although rare official announcements from Rockstar.

I personally don't have a problem with cash cards so long as not using them doesn't hinder the players progress...the reason i don't play freemium games on my phone.

Someone mentioned Flappy Bird earlier which i read today is making $50,000 a day for its Vietnamese developer through in-game ads! I'm just glad there aren't pop-ups everywhere. When that day comes...

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

"We made it plain that we prefer to expand resources after we see revenues not before," Zelnick noted.

Did I read correctly that development of DLC depends on the sale of cash cards? As if turning 250 million into 1billion+ wasn't enough

f*ck this right here. thats the real reason we have all been playing the same 5 missions these past months. it says nothing about fixing issues with the game. after we see revenues, not before. a billion plus in game sales, around $60 million in shark cards, how much revenue does cockstar plan to bleed from its customers...or are we still nothing more than entitled brats?

Ya because they made every penny of that. That didnt have to pay tons of money in taxes. They dont have to pay employees to create new online content, or supports staff, or staff to handle servers. Or to advertise the game, or gameplay staff. Why is this business that already made money trying to make more money. Do you know how much money walmart or mcdonalds has made? They havent stopped charging for burgers or games. Ive also paid my cable bill every month, i think verizon has made enough money off me and all there other users, the rest of the year service should be free.

• SmokeDat likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

"We made it plain that we prefer to expand resources after we see revenues not before," Zelnick noted.

Did I read correctly that development of DLC depends on the sale of cash cards? As if turning 250 million into 1billion+ wasn't enough
f*ck this right here. thats the real reason we have all been playing the same 5 missions these past months. it says nothing about fixing issues with the game. after we see revenues, not before. a billion plus in game sales, around $60 million in shark cards, how much revenue does cockstar plan to bleed from its customers...or are we still nothing more than entitled brats?
Ya because they made every penny of that. That didnt have to pay tons of money in taxes. They dont have to pay employees to create new online content, or supports staff, or staff to handle servers. Or to advertise the game, or gameplay staff. Why is this business that already made money trying to make more money. Do you know how much money walmart or mcdonalds has made? They havent stopped charging for burgers or games. Ive also paid my cable bill every month, i think verizon has made enough money off me and all there other users, the rest of the year service should be free.
It's mind boggling isn't it...?

Also, how do people not realize that its taken 6 years of development. There sure wasn't any V sales during all that time to help pay employees. sh*t just doesn't happen overnight. Christ....

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

I'm sure I'm coming off as a huge R* nut hugger but in reality I'm just tired of people who have no idea what it takes to run a business bitch and moan.

I beg to disagree with this assessment, I believe the posters against cash cards have a pretty good understanding about how business works and are annoyed not because the company wants to make money but because their way of doing it is a mistake. Instead of forcing players to grind away or buy game money, why didn't they do the micro transactions like every other successful micro transaction game does, sell cosmetic content.

^ this

I'd be happy to give Rockstar $20 to buy a second license plate, or a maybe even a mission payout multipler, or a pack of new cars (models that do not give me an advantage against poor people, but looks/sounds unique/different etc etc) - but just buying game money - eck - it's as rewarding as cheating only you have to pay for it. 

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:43 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 07 February 2014 - 12:47 AM.

Every time I hear one of these damn geeks say "entitled" I want to slap them through the computer screen. 

In every board, there's like a favorite word. This one is "entitled" . Half the time, it's not even used in the correct context. Please stop saying this world unless you know what it means. Please.   

On a side note, it is ridiculous the DLC was put on delay until a ton of people bought. This is pretty much saying "No, the fan service didn't matter. If there wasn't enough, we weren't going to do jack sh*t for the people who did buy." Yeah, that's pretty much what it's suggesting. I know someone here is going to take the time to take their hands off R*'s cock to type why that's wrong, but the truth is there. 

It is also pretty damn ridiculous we don't have heists when it was one of the main advertised points. Hell, I'd be happy with anything as long as we got the damn heists. I just want something new. I've been taking a break from this game, and while I don't like the fact I have, it's mainly because there isn't sh*t left. I just got bored. There's not enough to keep a person like me who was truly LOVING this game interested. That's a damn shame.

• Khaos89 likes this

The Real Firebanshee
  • The Real Firebanshee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:49 AM Edited by The Real Firebanshee, 07 February 2014 - 12:57 AM.

You can all say what you want.  They are greedy, they aren't greedy.  Who cares?  Its their prerogative.  They can do whatever the f*ck they want within the consumer rights laws of the country in question.

Personally, I can't trust that the content's progression will not be affected by micro-transactions (shark cards are barely even "micro").  Thats on me though, not them. ...and so I stopped playing this game months ago when they cut the mission payouts. (game got boring very quickly anyway, and I don't see heists adding much replay value)

I can't fault anyone for trying to make a buck.  They don't owe me anything other than what they promised me (which at this point they still owe me heists), and they pretty much delivered on all of it.  They never made any promises about how easy or how hard it would be to make money in GTA Online, or whether they would sell "shortcuts", so I can't complain about that, and neither can any of you, no matter how distasteful it is.  I can only quit playing, or not buy them, or not buy any games from them in the future, or do nothing at all (which is what those lacking integrity will do).  Thats it.  Those are the only options, for you, for me, for anyone.

So, I guess I'm just saying SHUT THE f*ck UP!!!!!   to all of you, whether you are defending Rockstar or lambasting them.  YOU are all WRONG, and all misguided.

Have some f*ckin dignity for Christ's sake.  Yeah, micro transactions are cheap and might just ruin video games.  But dont be a bitch about it.  Just walk away and say "no thanks".

Whether you hate R* or hug their nuts, you all disgust me as consumers.  

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Take-Two expects GTA Online to remain a big earner throughout this year, in what could be a hint at a forthcoming GTA 5 DLC announcement. "My own view is, I feel very, very optimistic about GTA Online and I think there is plenty more opportunity and we have made no bones about the fact that we have expectations for GTA Online in the fourth quarter, for example."

There is your heists announcement. Sep 2014.

4th quarter is from end of the year December 2013 to march dude. so it ends  in 3 weeks. 

Dude,  learn to invest.

The calendar year can be divided into 4 quarters, often abbreviated Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4:
First quarter: from the beginning of January to the end of March
Second quarter: from the beginning of April to the end of June
Third quarter: from the beginning of July to the end of September
Fourth quarter: from the beginning of October to the end of December

Wrong; he means Take-Two's Fiscal Year.

• Pixel S likes this

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

You can all say what you want.  They are greedy, they aren't greedy.  Who cares?  Its their prerogative.  They can do whatever the f*ck they want within the consumer rights laws of the country in question.

Personally, I can't trust that the content's progression will not be affected by micro-transactions (shark cards are barely even "micro").  Thats on me though, not them. ...and so I stopped playing this game months ago when they cut the mission payouts. (game got boring very quickly anyway, and I don't see heists adding much replay value)

I can't fault anyone for trying to make a buck.  They don't owe me anything other than what they promised me (which at this point they still owe me heists), and they pretty much delivered on all of it.  They never made any promises about how easy or how hard it would be to make money in GTA Online, or whether they would sell "shortcuts", so I can't complain about that, and neither can any of you, no matter how distasteful it is.  I can only quit playing, or not buy them, or not buy any games from them in the future, or do nothing at all (which is what those lacking integrity will do).  Thats it.  Those are the only options, for you, for me, for anyone.

So, I guess I'm just saying SHUT THE f*ck UP!!!!!   to all of you, whether you are defending Rockstar or lambasting them.  YOU are all WRONG, and all misguided.

Have some f*ckin dignity for Christ's sake.  

whether you hate R* or hug their nuts.  you all disgust me as consumers.

Or people can voice their opinion anyway. 

It's called discussion. If you can't handle it, I can show you the door. 

• Khaos89 likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

Take-Two expects GTA Online to remain a big earner throughout this year, in what could be a hint at a forthcoming GTA 5 DLC announcement. "My own view is, I feel very, very optimistic about GTA Online and I think there is plenty more opportunity and we have made no bones about the fact that we have expectations for GTA Online in the fourth quarter, for example."

There is your heists announcement. Sep 2014.

4th quarter is from end of the year December 2013 to march dude. so it ends  in 3 weeks. 

Dude,  learn to invest.
The calendar year can be divided into 4 quarters, often abbreviated Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4:
First quarter: from the beginning of January to the end of March
Second quarter: from the beginning of April to the end of June
Third quarter: from the beginning of July to the end of September
Fourth quarter: from the beginning of October to the end of December
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_year

Wrong; he means Take-Two's Fiscal Year.
http://smallbiztrend...iscal-year.html
just thought I'd add that for those that don't know the difference
  • Pixel S and iainspad like this

The Real Firebanshee
  • The Real Firebanshee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

Have some f*ckin dignity for Christ's sake.  

whether you hate R* or hug their nuts.  you all disgust me as consumers.

Or people can voice their opinion anyway. 

It's called discussion. If you can't handle it, I can show you the door. 

the only discussion here is philosophical.  which basically means it is pointless.  so, again, shut the f*ck up and do something constructive in regards to this topic, like buy some shark cards, or dont buy some shark cards.  

• iainspad likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:11 AM Edited by iainspad, 07 February 2014 - 01:12 AM.

Every time I hear one of these damn geeks say "entitled" I want to slap them through the computer screen. 

In every board, there's like a favorite word. This one is "entitled" . Half the time, it's not even used in the correct context. Please stop saying this world unless you know what it means. Please.   

On a side note, it is ridiculous the DLC was put on delay until a ton of people bought. This is pretty much saying "No, the fan service didn't matter. If there wasn't enough, we weren't going to do jack sh*t for the people who did buy." Yeah, that's pretty much what it's suggesting. I know someone here is going to take the time to take their hands off R*'s cock to type why that's wrong, but the truth is there. 

It is also pretty damn ridiculous we don't have heists when it was one of the main advertised points. Hell, I'd be happy with anything as long as we got the damn heists. I just want something new. I've been taking a break from this game, and while I don't like the fact I have, it's mainly because there isn't sh*t left. I just got bored. There's not enough to keep a person like me who was truly LOVING this game interested. That's a damn shame.

1. A lot of people (not all) who complain here as well as the Newswire comments act entitled; so no, I don't think the word is misused when we have people on this forum board who act like they have the right to complain incessantly about petty things, and making out that they're $60 purchase of a game immediately makes Rockstar works to a subjective priority, when they don't. When it's sh*t they don't want subjectively, they act like they have a rite of passage to complain like a bitch. 

2. Bullsh*t. There's no way they decided on this anywhere near the conference call let alone wait for the Shark Cards to monetize; it's pretty obvious they planned this in the long run, but what's the point of releasing content if the game doesn't sell at the required target sales in order for people to buy it? They're not going to release Single Player DLC when the number is lower than anticipated, because not everyone will buy this and it's a financial loss to invest in extra content that doesn't meet the original content's anticipated sales number in the first place. Business in a nutshell.

3. That's a cop out. I find it hypocritical you're telling people how you're entitled to an opinion opposing Rockstar and Take-Two yet if someone opposes yours, then somehow they're a Rockstar fanboy or some childish remark. It explains your ignorance in a nutshell.

4. Heists were advertised, but you can say the same for the content creator and capture mode, yet these didn't make it out until December. You do realise there was a lot of written content before the games release for four free downloadable content packages, including the heists, with the last one being clearly labeled as "coming soon"? There's no false advertising here whatsoever; there's nothing stopping Rockstar releasing footage on diverse amounts of content that the advertisement clearly said was an ongoing development.

5. It's only a damn shame to you and only so many. Speaking as a person who is very busy with his own life at the moment I can't invest as much time in GTA at the moment, and not a lot of time at that, but I really like this game to the degree I've invested around 8 days of play time since November, I and many others will still play because we enjoy it. Boredom is subjective.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

I'm pretty delighted, for the most part, and trust me, I don't delight easily. ;)

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:17 AM Edited by iainspad, 07 February 2014 - 01:18 AM.

I would just love to know what they're doing over there on a daily basis, because it sure as hell isn't anything productive into keeping our eyes on the product. 

...and a major server maintenance as well as patching major exploits as soon as possible while finding as many hacking/cheating players as they can to console ban isn't productive? The hell are you smoking?

You also know the delays for the next free DLC (Heists) are because of the above? I doubt all production had halted on the Heists but the major exploits were obviously the most important priority.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

1. A lot of people (not all) who complain here as well as the Newswire comments act entitled; so no, I don't think the word is misused when we have people on this forum board who act like they have the right to complain incessantly about petty things, and making out that they're $60 purchase of a game immediately makes Rockstar works to a subjective priority, when they don't. When it's sh*t they don't want subjectively, they act like they have a rite of passage to complain like a bitch. 

2. Bullsh*t. There's no way they decided on this anywhere near the conference call let alone wait for the Shark Cards to monetize; it's pretty obvious they planned this in the long run, but what's the point of releasing content if the game doesn't sell at the required target sales in order for people to buy it? They're not going to release Single Player DLC when the number is lower than anticipated, because not everyone will buy this and it's a financial loss to invest in extra content that doesn't meet the original content's anticipated sales number in the first place. Business in a nutshell.

3. That's a cop out. I find it hypocritical you're telling people how you're entitled to an opinion opposing Rockstar and Take-Two yet if someone opposes yours, then somehow they're a Rockstar fanboy or some childish remark. It explains your ignorance in a nutshell.

4. Heists were advertised, but you can say the same for the content creator and capture mode, yet these didn't make it out until December. You do realise there was a lot of written content before the games release for four free downloadable content packages, including the heists, with the last one being clearly labeled as "coming soon"? There's no false advertising here whatsoever; there's nothing stopping Rockstar releasing footage on diverse amounts of content that the advertisement clearly said was an ongoing development.

5. It's only a damn shame to you and only so many. Speaking as a person who is very busy with his own life at the moment I can't invest as much time in GTA at the moment, and not a lot of time at that, but I really like this game to the degree I've invested around 8 days of play time since November, I and many others will still play because we enjoy it. Boredom is subjective.

1. They do. They still paid for it. Get the f*ck over it. They're complaining about the lack of features, just like you voice that you don't care about it. It isn't entitlement. People complaining about car loss, lack of heists. overall boredom and nothing said from R* make that point invalid. he phrase "entitled" is thrown around way too many damn times, and unless you took time out of your "busy life" to check all the time it's been used on this forum before, I don't see how the hell you can talk about that anyway. 

2. Because there's still a dedicated fan base to attend to. GTA was going to sell anyway, as you said. But it's not bull sh*t when it's mentioned BY R* themselves. Even if this game didn't take the number one spot, or not even the top 5, saying they would hold out on DLC is bull sh*t. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it. It's still sh*tty fan service. Is it right on the business aspect? When did I deny that? I said it's sh*tty fan service. 

3. Hypocrisy played by both cards here. Amazing. You play the hypocrite card on me, then you play it on yourself. That's beyond stupid.

4. When did I claim false advertisement? Now you're just blowing sh*t out of no where to cause something. That's called "being a try hard". You might get that a lot. Yeah, that was a personal dig there. I acknowledged it so you don't have to. I said, they're allowed to be upset due to the waiting time. Maybe it wouldn't even mattered if they at least had someone to ACKNOWLEDGE the wait. Instead, you get sh*tty service on the support site that copy and paste nearly the same automated reply while fans of the series just sit around and wait patiently. Makes sense. 

5. Yeah, should probably unbold that ridiculous part there. "I'm VERY busy with my own life." Yeah, no sh*t you wouldn't get bored. Hell, that's pratically probably the ONLY reason I'm not bored of SR4. Because now I'm getting busier. GTA O is boring once you accomplish a certain set of things. I never glitched. I earned all my sh*t. You know what? It's easy now. The most fun I have is trying to help other players, but since the community is such ass I can't even get enjoyment out of that. That's not R*'s fault on that note. Maybe if the others were as busy as you are, we wouldn't call it boring. 

But, for the most part, it easily is.  It turns into a repetitive mess. I still swear there's a reason they waited to release Online till after the reviews for GTA 5 were all finished up by mass review sites. 

And no, to the guy I was going to quote. It's not philosophical.  It's not pointless. It's on a f*cking discussion board about GTA 5, and half the discussion now is based on the interview in the original post. If all you're going to do is bitch about discussion and not join in on the discussion, why the hell are you here? Oh, right. To bitch. 

• Khaos89 likes this

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

Is John Cena still a thing?

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:24 AM

Is John Cena still a thing?

Do we still smell what The Rock is cookin?

SD361
  • SD361

The Professional

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:26 AM Edited by SD361, 07 February 2014 - 02:31 AM.

I don't want to quote a long post, but this is entirely entitlement. Rockstar announced way back in August that GTA Online was to "be known as a different entity, a separate thing, and it'll grow on its own. It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA V. Obviously it's set in the GTA V engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing."

Hell, Rockstar was even using the term "free to play" back in August to describe the experience.

You paid for GTAV. You didn't pay for GTA:O. That was the deal from the outset. Don't get angry when they action what they were telling the press months before launch. Rockstar will make decisions in the best interests of their shareholders, but make no mistake, they owe you nothing.

Don't like it? Feel ripped off? The next time RSG releases a game, vote with your wallet and give your money to somebody else. Capitalism is a beautiful thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users