Photo

"We are not making decisions in order to extract value."

140 replies to this topic
Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Man. This turned into a fight quick, and all we're talking about is what the 4th quarter of TT Interactive is so we can guess when the heists are. Heh.

Also, which 4th quarter are they basing it on? Last year? Because: http://www.dailyfina...c-might-keep-s/

We might not get heists. Ever.

Nah theres no fight dude lol.

Question for ya though.....

Would you rather have Mission Creator ( which is pretty much ready) or heists which is anyones guess if ready or not? The former before March would make this game for me :)

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

Ok, I stand corrected. I guess some companies state off seasons as their fourth quarters. But then that is also a stupid statement from them if they are excited about this month and nothing in the future. But heists will still suck if it is all team based as stated in many other threads.  

I'm sure i remember GTA 5o'clock's interview when they asked about heists and were told that you can hire NPC's. Don't quote me on that it was a long time ago but it was on YT on the leadup to launch.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

Man. This turned into a fight quick, and all we're talking about is what the 4th quarter of TT Interactive is so we can guess when the heists are. Heh.

Also, which 4th quarter are they basing it on? Last year? Because: http://www.dailyfina...c-might-keep-s/

Would you rather have Mission Creator ( which is pretty much ready) or heists which is anyones guess if ready or not? The former before March would make this game for me :)

Now this for sure. Heists is nothing but one more mission. I have done every solo mission possible in this game and if heists is not something I can do solo or with one other person than there will be nothing new for a lot of people.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

"Our primary goal is to delight consumers and create a great experience," he told investors in an earnings call this week. "As you know, GTA Online is a free to play experience and there [are] opportunities for recurrent consumer spending within the game, and no obligation of course."

All there is to buy are weapons clothes cars and an apartment, once you have these there is no recurrent spending, just ammo, which you need, so I dont know what the f*ck hes talking about here,

Also, nothing but tanks in free roam is not delightful, or a great experience if you ask me, its something which they could have avoided but chose to implement to maximise cash card sales, so again, complete bulsh*t. I wish some fan input was posed to them in that interview, wonder what they would say.

Reccurring expenses.
Death penalty of cash and active clip
Car insurance
Fee to enter jobs
Fee to call taxi
Fee to call my own vehicles from Pegusi
Fee to remove stars
Fee to see people on map
Fee to get meriwether services
Fee to get car from impound
Cost of food and smokes and beer
Cost of ammo

There are a ton of recurring costs. Many of these are avoidable...thus the lack of obligation. And if your going to say none of these cost any real money...well thank your whinning fellow players for constantly saying everything costs too much...every patch they lower the price of something to accomidate people who want everything for free.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Whichever gets me more missions dude. I don't plan on making one anyway.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

"The monetization comes with the engagement"...That sounds like some boardroom nonsense. I love GTAO, but this past couple of weeks have really put a spotlight on the raw greed behind Take 2's business model. Maybe it's just me, but the conversations from that investor's conference they held recently left me with a feeling that 100 showers couldn't shake.

jsut where abouts is this "raw greed" of which you speak?? ive never been wall-gardened to buy a cash card to continue (eg phone apps) playing, never had to pay for a DLC..  in fact since i spent £45 on the game 6 months ago i havent spent a penny...
not sure thats raw greed...

ive also seen 9 patch updates with new content added (irrespective of opinions of its quality) and,,,, lemme check my wallet,, ,yup still ahvent paid anything extra...

so as for "raw greed" i fail to see this

in terms of monetization coming from engagement thats true... if people engage with the game and spend more than they earn, cash cards is an easy option.... you dont need cash cards if you dont spend money and just enjoy the game... i play pretty regularly and dont spend much, ive already got the cars is want, i manage the weapons i want by only keeping.buying the ones i want /use so it costs less to fill my ammo...  cash-cards rely solely on idiocy/laziness for their sales

in fairness an objective viewpoint would see this, an entitled one would not...

Tell me about it, i can retire whenever i want, got pretty much the car i wanted, all weapons and ammo i needed, pegasus vehicles that essential to the gameplay, all the GTA money in the bank is enough to fund my online play, all of them for just playing the game. No cash cards purchased whatsoever. Maybe the game lacks new contents and stuff but i don't see how its a raw greed.

Cash cards are for people who busy all the time or lazy.

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Bunch of people whining about a conference call because it's not saying what they want it to say. Attack Of The Entitled Gamer: Boardroom Edition.

• iainspad likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

Who cares, where are the heists already, payday 2 is gonna be free on ps plus next tuesday and I think i will just do heists in that since we haven't even gotten the trademark "Soon" yet lol. 

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

"We aren't extracting value. We're creating it." MOFO DO I LOOK LIKE DUMBASS MCGEE?

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by Khaos89, 06 February 2014 - 02:16 PM.

"We made it plain that we prefer to expand resources after we see revenues not before," Zelnick noted.

Did I read correctly that development of DLC depends on the sale of cash cards? As if turning 250 million into 1billion+ wasn't enough

Exactly, greed. I wish everyone would boycott cash cards completely until we see something new. The customers have got them where they are today and we shouldn't have to fork money out before DLC which was promised to us is released. How anyone can defend them is beyond me.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

"We made it plain that we prefer to expand resources after we see revenues not before," Zelnick noted.

Did I read correctly that development of DLC depends on the sale of cash cards? As if turning 250 million into 1billion+ wasn't enough

Exactly, greed. I wish everyone would boycott cash cards completely until we see something new. The customers have got them where they are today and we shouldn't have to fork money out before DLC which was promised to us is released. How anyone can defend them is beyond me.

What would you say when your investors are listening though, we're happy with what we've got already or we're going to get more for you?

They need to make money, there is no such thing as "enough".

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

"We aren't extracting value. We're creating it." MOFO DO I LOOK LIKE DUMBASS MCGEE?

This is stated for people who enjoy the games process and enjoy the work and subsequent success and feeling of accomplishment that follow. Self entitled tweens like yourself will never understand.

OT: this is their game, they can do what they want. Obviously things are working and acceptable for the majority. A bunch of crying, complaining and whiny children are not guna change a DAMN THING. They know you young greedy asshats won't BUY anything outright anyway. You make mom/dad buy you everything that HAS to be bought and feel like you deserve everything for free.

Dude above said it perfectly, "do I look like dumbass McGee?" And yes, yes you ALL do.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

...every patch they lower the price of something to accomidate people who want everything for free.

I'm not greedy, the only thing I want for free is everything.

• Malibu454 and Timely like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:03 PM Edited by StewNorth, 06 February 2014 - 03:03 PM.

blablabla...still no content.

That's pretty much all I heard.

• Khaos89, God-eater and sadpandamakeup like this

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

I've blasted Rockstar before for the way they've implemented the cash cards (subsequently "adjusting" the economy i.e. job payouts, prices, etc.). When GTA  Online was released they've stressed that the game would be "free" to play forever and players would never pay for DLC. But, if you're a real gamer and/or have any business sense, you know this model is unsustainable and eventually they are going to have to recover some costs in somehow.

Why didn't they think about this harder? Just be upfront with us and say something like, "Hey, for upcoming DLC the game will be free, but we do have costs that we need to cover so we're creating shark cards for those who want to buy them and or for those who wish to support ongoing development of the game."

I think the community would have embraced Shark Cards a lot better with this route. The one thing that R* hasn't been with their fan base/customers is transparent. Throughout all the hacks, glitches, everything they've been silent, have lied, and haven't communicated well at all in their sparse news updates.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

I loled when I read this last night.

"Not for monetary gain" "First Quarter earnings not what expected" Its simple PR BullSh*t

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

"Hey, for upcoming DLC the game will be free, but we do have costs that we need to cover so we're creating shark cards for those who want to buy them and or for those who wish to support ongoing development of the game."

sounds like asking for a donation this model no?

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:25 PM Edited by GTARACER93, 06 February 2014 - 03:27 PM.

I've blasted Rockstar before for the way they've implemented the cash cards (subsequently "adjusting" the economy i.e. job payouts, prices, etc.). When GTA  Online was released they've stressed that the game would be "free" to play forever and players would never pay for DLC..

They never once said you would NEVER have to pay for dlc stop bullsh*tting man. 

No company would ever say that. 

Fully agree with everything else you put though. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:27 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 06 February 2014 - 03:38 PM.

I've blasted Rockstar before for the way they've implemented the cash cards (subsequently "adjusting" the economy i.e. job payouts, prices, etc.). When GTA  Online was released they've stressed that the game would be "free" to play forever and players would never pay for DLC. But, if you're a real gamer and/or have any business sense, you know this model is unsustainable and eventually they are going to have to recover some costs in somehow.

Why didn't they think about this harder? Just be upfront with us and say something like, "Hey, for upcoming DLC the game will be free, but we do have costs that we need to cover so we're creating shark cards for those who want to buy them and or for those who wish to support ongoing development of the game."

I think the community would have embraced Shark Cards a lot better with this route. The one thing that R* hasn't been with their fan base/customers is transparent. Throughout all the hacks, glitches, everything they've been silent, have lied, and haven't communicated well at all in their sparse news updates.

Uh...I didnt quote this or make this post...please ignore?

Anger Personified
  • Anger Personified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

LOL

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

What would you say when your investors are listening though, we're happy with what we've got already or we're going to get more for you?

They need to make money, there is no such thing as "enough".

The thing is though, if they don't cough up new content soon then they can expect to see a large drop in active players. Then who's going to buy their sh*tty cards? You need to give a little to get a little.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

The thing is though, if they don't cough up new content soon then they can expect to see a large drop in active players. Then who's going to buy their sh*tty cards? You need to give a little to get a little.

Fair call and i agree, just wanted to say that it's what investors would want to hear.

• Khaos89 likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

They never ever said that all future DLC would be free. They said that the 4 predetermined DLC packs (hiests being the last of the 4) would be free. Anything after that would and will be worked on and determined by the products ability to pull in money. They have a production schedule that was pre planned long before release for various free and paid DLC packs. Production of the next paid one most likely began when the preorders proved to be getting the numbers desired.

A lot of people here make a lot of assumptions based on ridiculous claims that support their gripes. Just once I would love to see some leaked document come out of a development house like this that shows the kind of planning and scheduling involved with a project of this magnatude. It is highly doubtfull that anything is up in the air and willy nilly being dropped at unplanned times. They know exactly when everything is to be done and I dare say they are currently right on schedual or at least within a couple weeks of it and it was a schedual set months in advance.

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You can look but that fine ass is all mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

If it was greed then instead of selling optional cash cards they could sell half assed DLC for $10-20.

People who bitch about cash cards are ignorant. There are multiple ways to make money in this game and most of them are fairly easy. Cash cards are not required in any shape or form it is merely an option for people who don't want to earn money by doing missions, races, selling cars, getting crates, robing stores, etc.

If the sales of cash cards was their number one priority then when they removed all the gifted money they also would have reset everyone who spent more than they earned back to $0. They also could have taken people cars, properties, and Pegasus vehicles that were purchesed with gifted money. Did they do that? No they didn't in fact they left most people more money than they had before the billions were passed out. I know for example when I was first gifted money I had less than a $100k and a six car garage full of either partially or unmodified cars and when the money was removed I was left with an apartment with a ten car garage full of fully modded luxury cars, millions of dollars worth of Pegasus vehicles, and half a million in cash.

If you don't like cash cards then don't buy them its that simple. I've never bought one and besides when I was a low level I have never been hurting for money.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by fish61324, 06 February 2014 - 05:43 PM.

"The monetization comes with the engagement"...That sounds like some boardroom nonsense. I love GTAO, but this past couple of weeks have really put a spotlight on the raw greed behind Take 2's business model. Maybe it's just me, but the conversations from that investor's conference they held recently left me with a feeling that 100 showers couldn't shake.

jsut where abouts is this "raw greed" of which you speak?? ive never been wall-gardened to buy a cash card to continue (eg phone apps) playing, never had to pay for a DLC..  in fact since i spent £45 on the game 6 months ago i havent spent a penny...

ive also seen 9 patch updates with new content added (irrespective of opinions of its quality) and,,,, lemme check my wallet,, ,yup still ahvent paid anything extra...

in terms of monetization coming from engagement thats true... if people engage with the game and spend more than they earn, cash cards is an easy option.... you dont need cash cards if you dont spend money and just enjoy the game... i play pretty regularly and dont spend much, ive already got the cars is want, i manage the weapons i want by only keeping.buying the ones i want /use so it costs less to fill my ammo...  cash-cards rely solely on idiocy/laziness for their sales

9 patches?! LMFAO.... and do you know what all those patches did? They focused only on fixing issues with the game that had to do with IN-GAME money. Sure they added that free content with the beach thing, but also focused on fixing issues that had to do with in game money.

They don't fix the glitches and technical issues unless if DIRECTLY affects Cash Cards... Notice how in the last update it took away everyone's billions of dollars... but oh wait, all those rank 700-900 players kept their ranks..... weird, because ranks have very little to do with in game money. 

It is 90% greed, 10% actually wanting players to have fun playing their game... and 0% of them taking pride in their work/what they do for a living.

• Anger Personified likes this

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by LeAristocrat, 06 February 2014 - 04:34 PM.

I've blasted Rockstar before for the way they've implemented the cash cards (subsequently "adjusting" the economy i.e. job payouts, prices, etc.). When GTA  Online was released they've stressed that the game would be "free" to play forever and players would never pay for DLC..

They never once said you would NEVER have to pay for dlc stop bullsh*tting man. 

No company would ever say that. 

Fully agree with everything else you put though. 

Anytime I post something I have the sauce to back it up. I know I read or heard that somewhere, but since I've been looking online for that quote for the past 15 minutes and can't find it I will retract that portion of my statement.

"Hey, for upcoming DLC the game will be free, but we do have costs that we need to cover so we're creating shark cards for those who want to buy them and or for those who wish to support ongoing development of the game."

sounds like asking for a donation this model no?

Lol yeah but they need money, they should have just been more transparent about it.

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:45 PM Edited by sadpandamakeup, 06 February 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Spotted this story earlier and couldn't find any reference to it on the forums.

Take-Two CEO chats micro-transactions!

http://www.totalxbox...o-transactions/

"Our primary goal is to delight consumers and create a great experience," 

"But the starting point for that economic result is delighting consumers, giving them a fantastic experience. And that's our focus in GTA Online.

We are not making decisions in order to extract value, we are making decisions to delight consumers. And that includes creating value.

"We made it plain that we prefer to expand resources after we see revenues not before," Zelnick noted. "It's protected us greatly. We are very disciplined."

The last sentence seems to contradict the first three.  If I combine them I get something like this:

"We are all about delighting our customers, but if they want anything resembling new content they must first delight us with a ton of cash card purchases."

• Anger Personified, Khaos89 and Bluesun62 like this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

9 patches?! LMFAO.... and do you know what all those patches did? They focused only on fixing issues with the game that had to do with IN-GAME money. Sure they added that free content with the, but also focused on fixing issues that had to do with in game money.

They don't fix the glitches and technical issues unless if DIRECTLY affects Cash Cards... Notice how in the last update it took away everyone's billions of dollars... but oh wait, all those rank 700-900 players kept their ranks..... weird, because ranks have very little to do with in game money. 

It is 90% greed, 10% actually wanting players to have fun playing their game... and 0% of them taking pride in their work/what they do for a living.
Take a moment to objectively have another look at what you just said. Remove the cash card situation from your thoughts for the time being now ask yourself...
I am a major game developer with a game that has several problems (just like most online games at launch) what should I fix first?
A) The cosmetic glitches like cornrow tattoos, bald heads or blurry tattoos that might be annoying but has no detrimental effect on gameplay.
B) The hacked levels of some players that only effects those players and givesthem no benefit beyond the thousands of others who have already reached lvl 120.
Or
C) The rampant and gameplay killing freeflow of money that makes 90% of the intended gameplay and flow of the game for players who arent the ones doing the hacking irrelevant?

Personally I think they made the right decision.

Anger Personified
  • Anger Personified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Spotted this story earlier and couldn't find any reference to it on the forums.

Take-Two CEO chats micro-transactions!

http://www.totalxbox...o-transactions/

"Our primary goal is to delight consumers and create a great experience," 

"But the starting point for that economic result is delighting consumers, giving them a fantastic experience. And that's our focus in GTA Online.

We are not making decisions in order to extract value, we are making decisions to delight consumers. And that includes creating value.

"We made it plain that we prefer to expand resources after we see revenues not before," Zelnick noted. "It's protected us greatly. We are very disciplined."

The last sentence seems to contradict the first three.  If I combine them I get something like this:

"We are all about delighting our customers, but if they want anything resembling new content they must first delight us with a ton of cash card purchases."

well done with your apt assumption.

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You can look but that fine ass is all mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

9 patches?! LMFAO.... and do you know what all those patches did? They focused only on fixing issues with the game that had to do with IN-GAME money. Sure they added that free content with the, but also focused on fixing issues that had to do with in game money.

I got a feeling you and just about everyone else who complains about cash cards will work for somebody else the rest of your life that is if your not milking the governments tit.

It's not greed its called business 101. I know it may be hard to wrap your head around the fact that R* actually has to pay its employees salaries along with all the other overhead that goes along with running a business such as taxes, electricity, employees benefits, research and development, etc, etc. You act like the money they made selling the game went directly into the shareholders pockets and it cost nothing to develop the game.

Your comment about the 9 patches only effecting in game money is also incorrect. The patches have fixed countless bugs in the game. I'll agree that the did cut payouts but they also cut the prices of other things like passive mode and the cost of dying. You also can't honestly say they haven't done anything about the players who glitches there high ranks, sure you may still see me or two level 500-600 players but I no longer see them in every lobby like I used to because R* actually has done something about it.

The last line in your post is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. If you honestly believe that 90% of R*'s motivation is greed then you have an extremely warped sense of the world. I guarantee that if you asked anybody who worked n this game for R* they are more than 0% proud of their work.

I'm sure I'm coming off as a huge R* nut hugger but in reality I'm just tired of people who have no idea what it takes to run a business bitch and moan.
  • LuapYllier and Thr33X like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users