Photo

Save Mario!

48 replies to this topic
Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Whew! I did not know so many of you choose money over friendship!

But anyway, I think Nintendo has done great job with mario games. They are still very traditional, but they do have more content, and are lot easier to control these days. And look better, naturally.

I mean take Super Mario 64 (N64): great game, but it had horrid camera, and very difficult controls.

-compare this to Super Mario Galaxy, that is in every way better, whilst still being same solid 3D mario action.

In fact, Super Mario Galaxy is so brilliant game, it's worth getting Wii just so you can play it!

Sadly, Zelda brand seems to be going worse by console, only remakes keepig it alive.

I also love Pokemon brand, and that has also kept strong, and gotten better by game.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Super mario galaxy is to easy
zelda....can't argue with that
Pokemon is just to milked. It's the only franchise in the gaming industry to get away with releasing multiple versions of the same game with the only difference being the monsters that spawn

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

Zelda has gone downhill? Really? Skyward Sword was amazing after the sellout that was TP.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Zelda has gone downhill? Really? Skyward Sword was amazing after the sellout that was TP.

how was Skyward Sword and Twilight princess compared to the 64 games, I'm thinking about buying some wii games cause they will probably be cheap now, also are there any other good games

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

It is not wise to push Mario!

You see, Mario is Italian, which means he has connections with certain organisation.

So, if you refuse to buy Mario products in the future, this organisation will send Wario and Waluigi around your house.

-and not for a cup of tea and biccies! No, they will mess you up. And then they will have their way with your wife. And your daughter.

So, be nice to Mario!

Word to the wise is all.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

how was Skyward Sword and Twilight princess compared to the 64 games, I'm thinking about buying some wii games cause they will probably be cheap now, also are there any other good games

Stylistically TP is a shallow rip off of Ocarina of Time, whereas a lot of things in SS remind me of Wind Waker. TP is incredibly linear and easy and very simplistic, adds nothing new really and full of bad design choices. SS is still a bit linear and holds your hand but otherwise lets you explore more freely in more complex environments. More creative thanks to new things like a pouch that forces you to only carry what small items you feel you need, an upgrade system, shield gauges that cause your shield to break when depleted, shield parries(think Dark Souls).

Would suggest the Gamecube version of TP because waggle sucks but SS' motion controls are excellent. Aiming may seem off but it is controlled by the gyroscope rather than the IR pointer.

As for what Wii games I'd recommend:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Okami
No More Heroes
NMH 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Xenoblade Chronicles
  • CatDog96 likes this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:47 PM Edited by Danz., 10 February 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Yeah, that's what its next game is gonna be about. I'm already tired of saving the pricess, let her f*ck herself with Bowser in his castle.

Mario needs to have his own arse saved without the support of Weegee.

-------------

I mean, c'mon, the whole Mario series has got old and there's nothing else to be done anymore, it's very cliché. It's like beating a dead horse when you make 3D/Adventure/2.0 games about old titles.

The franchise should face an end like any other good thing in life. Pokemon is another example of a franchise that should have died earlier, but it's continuing with the never ending, below average anime series and games that, since Emerald's release, are going as downhill as an american fatass rolling down the Mt. Everest.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

As of the end of the last financial year, Nintendo had around $5bn in cash assets and another $5bn in bonds. That’s $10bn essentially in the bank. Ten BILLION dollars. Which means that Nintendo could make a loss of the projected proportions for 20 or 30 years without running out of money.

Taken from an IGN article.  

• Boxman108 likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Yeah, that's what its next game is gonna be about. I'm already tired of saving the pricess, let her f*ck herself with Bowser in his castle.

-------------

I mean, c'mon, the whole Mario series has got old and there's nothing else to be done anymore, it's very cliché. It's like beating a dead horse when you make 3D/Adventure/2.0 games about old titles.

The franchise should face an end like any other good thing in life. Pokemon is another example of a franchise that should have died earlier, but it's continuing with the never ending, below average anime series and games that, since Emerald's release, are going as downhill as an american fatass rolling down the Mt. Everest.

GTA too while we're at it, let alone any other long running series.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Why GTA? You're either an immature c*nt, or a mentally induced child who likes to stick to his kiddie games that are milked to death.

• TaviColen123 likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

GTA is just as milked as any other series out there. I may hate COD but I would have to be a moron to think a company would go against making money. There's absolutely no sense in ending successful series, regardless of whether your immaturity prevents you from enjoying "kiddie" games.
  • gtarelatedusername2 likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

I don't know where you get your sales data, op, but the 3DS has been selling like hotcake. Mario won't die, at least for as long as Nintendo survives, which will be a long, long time. 

One thing I wish is that they'd be more open with the license, allowing for different interpretations of the character. But then I'd think the quality would drop, which would result in crappier games. A f*ckton of love and care goes into those games, far more than any other developer tries to do, so I can see their ways. They can keep making Mario Kart for all eternity, and I'll buy every single one of them.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

When Nintendo goes under someone is going to buy the Mario IP. Lets just hope its someone that will take good care of it and not rape the sh*t out of it like Disney is going to do to Star Wars

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

I want PG to make a hack n slash Mario game.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

Skyward sword??? What rubbish!!! I mean it looked hideous, the controls were wacky at best, and the game world was tiny, really tiny, and contained nothing to collect. I mean most of those floating isles in the game contained nothing, no treasures, no nothing. What a bore!

Wind Waker is definitely the best of zelda games. I mean Ocarina was brill but now when I replay it, many parts of it feel rather tedious.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:11 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 11 February 2014 - 12:12 PM.

GTA is just as milked as any other series out there. I may hate COD but I would have to be a moron to think a company would go against making money. There's absolutely no sense in ending successful series, regardless of whether your immaturity prevents you from enjoying "kiddie" games.

It's not milked if it's enjoyable every time and it gets better every game after every game. Mario is pathetic, it's the same sh*t, different name. Same with EVERY other Nintendo games.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:33 PM Edited by Danz., 11 February 2014 - 02:33 PM.

-------------

GTA too while we're at it, let alone any other long running series.

Yeah but Mario has been there since the 80s. They just need to change its fornula or it is worthless continuing with the same thing for another 30 years.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:28 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 12 February 2014 - 12:29 AM.

Nintendo, absolutely peaked in the N64 era.  But my personal favorites from their big franchises came on the Super Nintendo.  Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart, Super Metroid, are all phenomenal.  I would give them all at least 9/10.  So to me, Nintendo has been on a downward slope for 20 years.  Don't get me wrong, I really like some of the games that came afterward.  I still enjoy Zelda, even if I think the dialog in the newer games is just convoluted and redundant.  I really liked Super Mario Sunshine.  Metroid Prime was fun.  Mario Kart might be the only franchise that's gotten better.  And I didn't mind the DK game for Wii that came out a year or so ago.

Either way, if they "die", then they die.  Let 'em go.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

I would not mind seeing Sonic die! Now there's an annoying brand if I ever saw one. Why they picked him up on Nintendo, I do not understand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users