Photo

Save Mario!

48 replies to this topic
Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Mario. The most iconic videogame hero of all time.

Known and loved by players of all ages all over the world.

But for how long? How long till Mario dies away?

Ten years from now, will we still play Mario games, or will he be all but forgotten..?

When we were kids, Mario was our friend, sometimes our only friend.

Fondly we remember all those lazy saturday mornings we spend in front of the family telly, playing Super Mario on our SNES. Or racing with friends on Mario Kart. Or shooting it out on Mario Golf.

And when life was crap, we could always lock ourselves to our rooms, and escape to an adventure with our friend Mario.

Happy days!

But those happy days might be at an end.

Sales of WiiU and 3DS have not been that good.

This means WiiU might well be the last console Nintendo produces.

And if Nintendo dies, so does Mario, and other Great Nintendo Heroes.

Do we really want that to happen?

No.

We have to save Mario!

-And the way to do that, is to keep buying Nintendo consoles and Nintendo games.

So go out there today, and get yourself either WiiU or 3DS. Both have great Mario titles available to them, so it is up to us to keep the brand alive!

Still feeling hesitant and/or cynical? Well think on this:

Mario was your loyal friend when you grew up. He stood by you in sickness and in health, in good days and bad.

-It's time you showed some loyalty too, towards Mario. It's time for payback. Right now.

********************************************************************************************************

P.S. now, it might be that Sony would buy rights to Mario brand if Nintendo dies. I agree. But do you really want Sony to rape Mario with their 'mature' take on games??? Heck no! I repeat: HECK NO!!!!

Rant ends

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by CatDog96, 06 February 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Ok I will do exactly that, you just give me the money. seriously though they need to start making more games like N64 games I'm waiting for Zelda to come out before I buy one.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Well...if anything it will be alot less painful than the current rape that Nintendo is doing to mario....so yay for mario going to sony

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

It would be a lot better for them to join with xbox.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

...because we know how well that went for rare

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Then with nintendo and rare together they can make Diddy Kong Racing 2 for me.

• Nipperkins likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

I just want the sequel to bad fur day...I'd buy a wiiu just for that.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Hate Mario.
  • Moth, the young hooligan and TaviColen123 like this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

I just want the sequel to bad fur day...I'd buy a wiiu just for that.

I wish nintendo had conker and banjo back  :(

Hate Mario.

Fiend. 

Gta-freak-VI
  • Gta-freak-VI

What to put here..

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Well, my sister and I bought my nephew a WiiU, 3DSXL and 8 Mario games: 3D world(GOAT), Mario galaxy 2, super Mario bros., new super Mario bros, Mario 3D world(3Ds) Mario and sonic(2012,2014) and Mario party 9. I think I'm doing my part in supporting Mario, it used to be my favorite game when I was a kid and seeing my nephew play it brings those fine nostalgic moments from the past :')

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

You know what? When Nintendo makes a good game, like they did years ago, they will save themselves.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

old man internet

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Mario reminds me of the video game equivalent of The Simpsons, in that they're both coasting on nostalgia value and little else. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of good Mario games, but the past decade has seen a lot of shovelware with his moustachioed face plastered on the cover.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:59 AM Edited by SatournFan, 06 February 2014 - 11:03 AM.

Well SEGA's Sonic Team makes Sonic games for other consoles, so why Nintendo doesn't want to do the same? I've noticed that they've made Mario a somewhat exclusive character - none of the game was released on PC, XBox or PS as far as I know.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

I didn't really like Mario when I was a kid, and I don't like him now. There's only a handful of Nintendo games I like.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hate Mario.

Yep, I don't like him too. I've never owned a single Mario game in my life. Wario? Sure, but not Mario.

Only game franchises I care about from Nintendo are Zelda and Pokemon, and both need a massive revamp. 

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

I actually have been replaying Super Mario Sunshine via emulation. This is about as far forward as I am going to go with Mario.

Nintendo would easily clutch Mario far beyond their death, even if games no longer get made they will flog anything with his branding on it, it will never die or go away.

It is just a shame because I really wish Nintendo would understand that if they aren't interested in competing with next gen consoles, at least compete with their old values. I just want them to release a cheap download only console that can play all the virtual console games. That way we can finally get back to real old school gaming.

Their 10+ year old catalogue is way more loved than anything recent, they need to use that to their advantage, make us a small arcade gaming box to play Super Mario World online with friends and you could have a winner. It would be piss easy for them and I know anyone would want to own something like that if it meant playing any NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube game.

They could make a sh*tload, but nope, what do we get? New Super Mario Bros 2 WiiU 3.5 HD Remake Trilogy: The give a f*ck edition.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

I think it's beautiful that you are 256 colors too.

• Zaibatsu
  • Somalia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Diddy Kong Racing 2 is the game I want the most.

• CatDog96 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:20 PM Edited by CatDog96, 06 February 2014 - 06:25 PM.

I feel like Nintendo is like a cool dad and Rare was his wife, they divorced she got the kids banjo and conker and met a new husband, microsoft, but he turned out to be an abusive drunk step father to the kids, nintendo not being allowed to see his kids has been doing terribly for the last two years and has depression, and he's thinking about killing himself, he just needs to see his kids again and maybe he'll be alright.

• hornedturtle likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Every Mario game is basically the same thing repackaged and modernised every few years. I enjoyed them as a kid but they are seriously past their prime now. I couldn't care less if he dies off. The old games will always be there anyway.

• TaviColen123 and gtarelatedusername2 like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

How do people not see Mario is the MOST MILKED franchise ever created in the gaming industry. More than COD tbh, because Mario is an old school thing. sh*t game, sh*t fanbase, and Nintendo is just a pure garbage company who make garbage consoles with garbage games.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Super Mario Galaxy 2 disagrees with you.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

I doubt Nintendo will go under just because they don't compete with Sony and Microsoft in sales. They still have a large fanbase.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:31 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 06 February 2014 - 11:32 PM.

I doubt Nintendo will go under just because they don't compete with Sony and Microsoft in sales. They still have a large fanbase.

Wat?

Best selling video games of all time.

ib2k2vUju06M0C.png

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

^^I assumed we were talking console sales.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

no, where talking about how profits from 4-20 years ago can keep a company profitable well into the future...I think

Ray Margarita
  • Ray Margarita

The Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

Mario is getting kind of old, I think it's time for Nintendo to create a new mascot.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:24 AM Edited by ryuclan, 07 February 2014 - 03:28 AM.

no, where talking about how profits from 4-20 years ago can keep a company profitable well into the future...I think

ehhhh.....I don't know about that. Also I've never really counted Wii Sports in the running for most sales because it was given away to EVERYBODY who bought a Wii. That's kind of like saying that Browser is the best selling droid app.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

old man internet

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

Wat?

Best selling video games of all time.

ib2k2vUju06M0C.png

Notice how none of those Nintendo titles are very recent.

The WiiU has fallen far short of expectations, sales wise.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

I still love mario the best game Is either the first, the 3rd, or mario 64 but I did enjoy New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii U. I was never that much a fan of mario kart because Diddy Kong Racing is 3000 times better but its still an alright game. Nintendo's best games were the two Zeldas on the 64 so I hope the new zelda game is similar, thats the game I'm waiting for to buy a wii u.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'm going to buy the new Yoshi's Island when it comes out, but I haven't been paying much attention to Nintendo lately. I love Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and I really liked Super Mario 3Dland, but the 2D Mario titles haven't been too impressive.

The Mario franchise needs to do something bold and different if Nintendo wants people to continue buying the games.

I don't know about you, but I'd love to play as one of Bowser's kids. It's a weird idea, but maybe Mario and Peach could kidnap or imprison Bowser, Bowser jr, and 6 of the 7 Koopalings. The Koopaling you choose to play as would be the one that would evade the attack (I'd choose Iggy Koopa), and you'd have to defeat Mario and Peach at the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users