1,904 replies to this topic
Muscleracer
  • Muscleracer

Chevy>dodge>ford

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

A Racer's Dream
+ - OK title (maybe raises expectations rather too high)
+ - Yellow/black barriers (referenced in description) really don't work round most of the track. They're hard to see (there's a good reason why red and white barriers are more popular). 
- - CP's 1, 4, 9 11 & 12 all need to be further down the slip road (off ramp) than they are at the moment. If you CP at the start of the off road you're obstructing people's view of the outer barriers that they need to avoid. 
+ - Prop off at CP 4 to block off the alternative exit (as you've done well in the rest of the track)
+ - CP 5 can be slightly earlier. Tell driver to turn earlier rather than later. 
- - CP 6, that chicane. hmmm.... a real pain to prop and CP but atm you're expecting drivers to veer left without instruction (no CP) in a difficult to see spot. It's a incredibly tight turn (too tight maybe?) a very difficult to CP properly. You really need a 2 chevroned CP left (to take you to the left hand side of the highway), and a 2 chevroned right to take you back to the right imo. Doesn't quite work as is but finding a better approach is difficult. 
+ - Tyre line at chicance - sure to get knocked down by someone in a race and cause problems imo. 
- + Container rather than yellow/black barrier after CP 12 would improve visibility and make sure no-one takes the wrong exit. 
+ - CP 15 if front of lampost. This makes the lampost difficult to see and guides racers into obstacles. Personally I'd place it off to the right hand side of the road (the racing line). 
= = Needs work. Quite a lot of points there but I really like the route - don't get put off by the number of points. This is exactly the kind of track I love. Very minor CP issues and that dodgy chicane. One (excellent imo) way to make a song and dance out of the chicane is to use the chicane as the picture for the race and mention how tight it is in your description. See Rum Run was by NittyDon in the first post (link down now though?) 

The reason i used yellow/barriers is because i reached the prop limit and they are indynamic but i will look into what i can do

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted A week ago

Next race for review http://rsg.ms/7866757

Thank you in advance :)

opalescentfalcon
  • opalescentfalcon

I am the fastest but only when it comes to falling.

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago Edited by opalescentfalcon, A week ago.

Hello,

I updated my job submission "Dockyard Autocross 2".

Changed the name to "Dockyard Autocross".

Reworked CP placement to get a 3 chevron CP on CP 14.

:santa:

DrRockso26
  • DrRockso26

Arkans Tiger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by DrRockso26, A week ago.

Ok I've tweaked Circle of Death moved the start forward, removed cp1, moved a few others around and also worked on the GTA version.  

Circle of Death

http://socialclub.ro...Bxk-Kfb0cvAOr6Q

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted A week ago

Sorry in advance for the huge post, but I've been out for awhile recovering from neck surgery and I'm heavily medicated and have a lot to say,  :dozing:

I had to chuckle after reading the reviews for Going All in, seeing as I got a few paragraphs from G37 and ajm, and then high praise from stronk because he hadn't made any notes at all!  Just highlights the difference in opinions that makes this thread as great as it is.

@G:  Damn, man, thanks for the detailed and glowing review.  I'm glad you (mostly) liked the track and think so highly of it.  I'll look at the CPs you mentioned, but I think most of them are stuck as they are for various reasons, whether it's the respawns, or visibility, whatever.  I will remove the prop at CP37 for sure, though.

@ajm:  Same to you, I really appreciate the detailed review and that you love the track and at least the concept of the shortcut.  I want to respond to a couple of your points:  First, the race is set for 1-8 players because the other four tracks in my playlist all have those same settings.  I really don't feel that these tracks can accommodate 16 players on full contact, and I certainly don't think that a track should be set for 16 players just because the non-contact option is there.  I set non-contact as the default option because it makes the races easier to run, but there are plenty of legit racers out there who simply don't like the feature, and I'd like them to have at least some chance at a clean race should they elect to run in standard.  Secondly, I don't agree with your comments on my description.  I like to be colorful with them so they do tend to be longer, setting the tone for the race in addition to sharing any pertinent info.  If someone can't take ~30 seconds to read it, and dislikes the race as a result, I'm not bothered by that.  I don't want to boil it down to a to-do list, and I'll get into a bit more detail on this in a bit

@stronk:  Thanks for the kind words, man!  I think a lot of it is down to all of the feedback I've gotten from you and the other judges on the various tracks I've submitted.  Thanks again for all of the hard work you lot put into this!  Back on point, you are correct it is the Marshall that is breaking the Injection-only lock when running on PS4.  All of these tracks have the same issue, and it probably won't be fixed until I update them all specifically for PS4.

Now, on to the business of the shortcut:

As G mentioned in his review, this track is the culmination of my little series of Injection races, and I wanted something a bit over-the-top towards the end of the race since it's the finale.  When I found that dirt ramp that let's you jump and smash through the "D" in the Vinewood sign, I knew I'd found it.  It's a tricky jump to land consistently, though, so I extended the ramp with a prop to give a bit more time to line it up and make sure you get sufficient air to hit the intended LZ  I really wanted to have the stunt jump camera facing back towards the sign so you'd see the car busting through like some Hollywood action scene, but they won't let you put the camera far enough away from the launch point and I had to settle for where it is now.  I also decided that forcing players through this jump would not work very well, so that's how the whole "shortcut" idea came about.  I spent weeks pulling my hair out getting it to where it is now.  

The risk/reward of going for that big jump works in the race, hitting the jump I was gaining 3-4 seconds over the path to the right, and it also ties in with the "gambling" theme of the track.  Getting back to ajm's comments about this in my description, I don't really know what more needs to be said about it:  look for the cones, which are propped up on concrete blocks so they are clearly visible and can't be knocked over, and then go left if you're feeling lucky or just stay right.  Even if someone hadn't read the description, the props for both routes are visible as you approach so it should be clear there is more than one way to go and they should be able to get through it.

Having said all this, I'm certainly wiling to look at fine-tuning it, but this section is the centerpiece of the track IMO and I don't feel that it should be removed.  With the increased props and prop limit on PS4 I should be able to take things a step further here, but for PS3 it will take some thinking, shuffling of props, and maybe tweaking CP43 a bit as G had suggested.  I'll post back if I come up with anything. 

Thanks again for the feedback, I'm happy that the track was approved in spite of the mixed feelings over it.

pkcrazie
  • pkcrazie

Too weird to live, and too rare to die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Hey judges,

My PS4 race (Grand Senora GP) race has been awaiting a second review since I posted it on 31st Oct, following my changes based on Stronk's recommendations. I was hoping to start posting up more of my PS4 races in here, but thread rules are one nomination at a time. Just wanted to give a friendly nudge...

• mo-seph likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

stronkwave

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 5 days ago Edited by stronktank, 5 days ago.

Yo PK, I'm the only judge for PS4 atm so don't be expecting any approval soon,...

I don't want to make it a 'stronktank' approved races topic, so we'll just have to wait till someone (or more?) steps up as a PS4 judge,...
I can't even submit any PS4 jobs myself as I'm the only judge. So just keep creating and submitting the best stuff when the time comes.

Edit: G & ajm I made updates to the O'Neil Brothers Rally .62.

Good reviews. Really good points there, glad to have you both on my team! Been thinkin' about a better title though,... Any suggestions G?

- Moved the starting grid a little bit so it's not as awkward as before.

- Moved cp 1 back a tad

- Replaced a barrier that prop-blocked if you hit it.

- Got 4 and 5 to a better position.

- The CP's you guys were talking about are all victim to my .62 obsession. I want it to be a .62 so bad it affects these three CPS. Though found a solution by deleting cp 7.

- Now 6 is pointing with a supersharp three arrow cp to announce the supersharp turn.

- Moved 9 (now 8) more in the corner.

If you would be so kind to rerun it and let me know what you think, you'd be doing me a big favor. As it's my personal favourite track I created at the time.

• pkcrazie likes this

lord tammerlain
  • lord tammerlain

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 5 days ago

I have updated German DTM Hockenheimring

I created a pit lane in the gas station when on a GTA race, moved the starting point to allow for it. and changed the name to DTM Hockenheimring PS4. It is now a PS4 race

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I ran PKs race very recently and can post up a guest review later today, if you're happy with that Stronk?
Love to do the same for Deejays but I just don't remember it clearly enough. Undoubtedly an auto approve but that wouldn't be fair on others....

I simply don't have enough time to do the volume of reviews I used to but I can try to check out a few races and lend a small hand, particularly if they're ones I already know or they come up naturally.
  • mo-seph, stronktank and pkcrazie like this

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

stronk, am I allowed to submit a couple other races for review?

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Sorry, didn't get much time on the PC last night. Will do it today.

Only one race at a time GR and your last submission hasn't been approved yet.
  • stronktank likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Okey dokey, PKs Grand Senora GP... (not raceway?) ;)

Good, simple race this and pretty easy to approve.

Title and description are obviously functional but I'm not one to go into that side too much, as long as it's grammatically correct and the race does what it says in the tin.

Would suggest making it NC default for the general populace as it's a bugger to overtake on and with a 20 grid, a guaranteed smash fest with randoms in even a halfway full lobby. With short laps there wouldn't be much getting away from it. Can't remember if it was but I know we ran it on contact.

The only real technical point I'd make is with the CPing between 7 and 8. There isn't any, lol. It's a tricky one tbf, I have a MotoGP that runs nearly the same course and was scratching my head at that point. Take a look at this and you'll see my solution. (edit. actually, that's reverse but it's easier to see than the others I have that go the same way as yours)

I couldn't quite get the angles I wanted on the CPs without putting them too close together but there's always the possibility of propping up the turns. Personally, I wouldn't as it'd kind of spoil the landscape. 

Either way, it's not a race breaker and could just be down to taste, it's up to you whether you prefer it one way or the other.

The direction on CP 2 is slightly deceptive but it's probably near impossible to fix without ruining others. An extra one between 2 and 3 would fix it but would it'd be horrible to drive through. You could move 1 a little later and 2 a little earlier and see what that does.... Still, with such short laps (and NC) there's no excuse for underbraking on subsequent laps. Either that or try a little re-route around that junction. Tight on bikes tho...

Anyway, the points are minor overall and I had no issue actually racing the track- approved.

• stronktank likes this

pkcrazie
  • pkcrazie

Too weird to live, and too rare to die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

Okey dokey, PKs Grand Senora GP... (not raceway?) ;)

HAHA - PS3 creations are "GPs" and the modified and improved versions on PS4 are "Raceways." Grand Senora GP was finished on PS4 (hence the system lock), but was part of my PS3 series of races...

Good, simple race this and pretty easy to approve.

Title and description are obviously functional but I'm not one to go into that side too much, as long as it's grammatically correct and the race does what it says in the tin.

Would suggest making it NC default for the general populace as it's a bugger to overtake on and with a 20 grid, a guaranteed smash fest with randoms in even a halfway full lobby. With short laps there wouldn't be much getting away from it. Can't remember if it was but I know we ran it on contact.

Fair point. Will make this change. I never run on non-contact personally (ahem, track craft!), but makes sense for one of my tighter circuits.

The only real technical point I'd make is with the CPing between 7 and 8. There isn't any, lol. It's a tricky one tbf, I have a MotoGP that runs nearly the same course and was scratching my head at that point. Take a look at this and you'll see my solution. (edit. actually, that's reverse but it's easier to see than the others I have that go the same way as yours)

I couldn't quite get the angles I wanted on the CPs without putting them too close together but there's always the possibility of propping up the turns. Personally, I wouldn't as it'd kind of spoil the landscape. 

Either way, it's not a race breaker and could just be down to taste, it's up to you whether you prefer it one way or the other.

I did have a checkpoint there originally, but Stronk's feedback was to remove. I'm 50/50 on it. It's not like the road is going anywhere else, but I do like clear check-pointing...

The direction on CP 2 is slightly deceptive but it's probably near impossible to fix without ruining others. An extra one between 2 and 3 would fix it but would it'd be horrible to drive through. You could move 1 a little later and 2 a little earlier and see what that does.... Still, with such short laps (and NC) there's no excuse for underbraking on subsequent laps. Either that or try a little re-route around that junction. Tight on bikes tho...

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's another of those where my response is that drivers should be "following the road". Defo a tricky one to get right.

Anyway, the points are minor overall and I had no issue actually racing the track- approved.

• Cuz05 likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Homie

• Members

Posted A day ago

Hey guys. I made a Slamvan race! I think its kinda fun. If someone could check it out it would be appreciated.

http://socialclub.ro...A?platformId=11

austindecker
  • austindecker

The Cross Fade Mafia Don

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Vinewood Moto GP

PS4

http://rsg.ms/903b4fa

Motorcycles

1 user(s) are reading this topic