Photo

[PS3-PS4] Approved Custom Races

2,078 replies to this topic
stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:05 AM Edited by stronktank, 21 February 2014 - 12:06 AM.

I'll try the two you selected. Please select two for the other three, because I wouldn't like this to become a 'share creations' topic,.... And as you're not posting deathmatches you could post two more imo. But if this gets out of hand testing will be impossible.

• paulmgrath likes this

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

We can do it one of two ways.

1. You can play all 3, and give a review of the 2 you like the best, leaving out your least favorite.

2. I'll pick which 2, in which case I would choose The Sandlot, and Power to the Gymkhana, because they are the most creative, to go along with my original submits Mayhem at the Docks, and Into the Country.

But be warned the 2 gymkhana races are highly technical, and slow paced in certain sections, hense why they are 4 car races as opposed to lets say 10 cars, it would just be a clusterf*ck with that many.

iOneBloodi
  • iOneBloodi

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

http://rsg.ms/NxSxXe 

Land race in Paleto Bay

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Also, I am aware that the tanker in Power to the Gymkhana eventually blows up. However, I think it adds to the flavor of the track. But, it doesn't always blow, just about in 50% of the races it does.

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

I tested Mayhem at the Docks with a few friends, and found that since I've removed the checkpoints before the big ramp for respawn reasons, it created an exploit that allowed you to skip the ramp entirely and just go around. So, I had to add some props to close off the gaps on the left side of it. So if anyone has already played on it to judge, keep that in mind.

• one_-AFRO-_three and paulmgrath like this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:59 AM Edited by paulmgrath, 25 February 2014 - 02:00 AM.

GALILEOS INNER RING FEEDBACK
+Good C/Ps
+Clever loop in a loop track
+Nice turns
+Uses a underused part of map

+Yes vote

CRIMINAL RRRECORDS FEEDBACK
+Good C/Ps
+Good use of map for a diverse route.
+Free lap of criminal records!

+Yes vote from me to both, good work!

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

If I knew how to link my races I would give you a few to approve !

Is there a certain style of race you are lacking (Jumps, GP, Bikes, etc) let me know as I have quite a few to choose from so should be able to give you 2 races within any description :)

Do i have to do everything for my fellow crew mates  :p

heres a link to two of dons races

http://socialclub.ro...2A?platformId=2

Super Sharp Shooter

1_0.jpg
Rank 1 2.62 miles
Players

1 to 16

Teams

Game Mode

Land Race

Route Type

Laps

Description

*Insert witty race description here*

Rating

98%

Vehicle Classes

Motorcycles, Muscle, Sports, Sports Classics, Super

Palomino Highlands, Tataviam Mountains, Murrieta Heights, La Mesa, San Andreas

and

http://socialclub.ro...mQ?platformId=2

The Essex Serpent

Description

Snake your way around this slippery track, named after my favourite boozer, glug !

Rating

100%

Vehicle Classes

Compacts, Coupes, Cycles, Motorcycles, Muscle, Off-Road, Sedans, Sports, Sports Classics, Super, SUVs, Utility

Thanks Mo, look forward to some feedback !! :)

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

You guys think it might be an idea to start a new thread so you can edit the OP?
It's a shame that you're doing some good work in here and unable to post a list of approved content.
I guess it could be possible to get a mod to remove any posts that stand between one of the active judges posts and the top of the page...

deejayb1874
  • deejayb1874

Bolt Ya Radge!

• D1RTY12
  • Scotland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Exactly Cuz. I thought about starting a new thread, just for Approved Custom Races (PS3) and actually, you know, approving of some in the first post. I havent even posted any of my tracks in this thread, yet I HAVE posted one in the Xbox thread, cos it's actually properly run...

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

It's just the absent OP that's the problem here, perhaps if we can get a thread with one who is around to update, the present judges here would be happy to port across the links/reviews to races that have 1 or 2 votes, pending and approved.

Hell, with some more activity and an updated OP, there might even be more people willing to judge and help keep up with the offered content. I'd obviously like to volunteer but I don't even have time to try all the RRR tracks I get invited to...

• stronktank likes this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

@CUZ05 iv messaged a forum leader hopefully something can be done, iv played your tracks just gonna wait to see what can be done before i post feedback

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Excellent  :^:

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:34 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 25 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Hey paulmgrath you seem by far to be the most active in the thread, with stronktank right behind you. What I would suggest is to start from scratch, you make the OP, and this time use some sort of format like mine where you have groupings of nominations that you represent somehow. I found it imensely easier to maintain the thread when you have those groups forming breakpoints and both judges and participants can better track what is going on.
Just hoping to assist.

Edit: oh and originally I went all " dont copy me" but in retrospect I realize that those rules are not opinions so much as common standards...and thus should be the same regardless of what console your on so if you or even enmanado if he comes back, want to, your welcome to copy any parts of what I did.
  • stronktank likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

Alright thanks guys, I'll make work of it this afternoon!

• WBaker likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:32 AM Edited by LuapYllier, 26 February 2014 - 06:50 PM.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Good news!

pkcrazie
  • pkcrazie

Too weird to live, and too rare to die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

A couple of short lap races from my "GP style" series for your consideration. My preference is to set both as 4 or 5 lap races as they are both only approx 45 sec laps. The concept was to have these shorter style races over simple tracks and to encourage tight racing between like-minded individuals.

Del Porro GP: http://socialclub.ro...vg?platformId=2

Rockford Hills GP: http://socialclub.ro...jA?platformId=2

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Allright! Added Cuz05 to the judges list. Added some new rules too.

And,.... The first 5 approved PS3 races are a fact!

Testing more races tonight and tomorrow.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Looks good man. Thanks for the mention. You might want to delete the bottom half though if you dont intend to use it (the class categories and nomination list parts). If you do intend to use it I would suggest starting early as going back and seperating it all out after the fact proved to be a pain in the ass because I had to rebookmark the race and play it again for any one I did not remember the class of. Listing the current nominations also makes life a boatload easier for your judges and improves the proffessionalism of the whole task and thread. Good luck bud.
  • stronktank likes this

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Just looked at the rules. I was told I could repost Mayhem at the Docks, and Into the Country for re-review after I made some changes as well as 2 new races. I posted 3 new ones because I couldn't decide. So, the judges can just post a review of the 2 they like best. But, yeah, I would at least like my original 2 to be reviewed.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Oh hey...

I'd obviously like to volunteer but I don't even have time to try all the RRR tracks I get invited to...

Allright! Added Cuz05 to the judges list. Added some new rules too.

I think you got the wrong end of the stick, lol.

No worries, this thing needs support so I will throw some judgement into the ring, just don't go postal if I'm a little slow.

I won't be doing any DMs, only played 20min of em so I'd be a terrible judge. I do have 17 race hours under my belt and I'm very active with Red Rum Racing so hope to be able to offer some input in that direction.

Right, off to view the OP and see what else I need to add.

• stronktank likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ok cool, happy with everything in the OP but for one thing. Is it really necessary for an approved race to have GTA elements? I couldn't give two hoots about it and I don't particularly want to review placement or workability of pickups in a race mode I never play. For example, below are 2 races I've run round enough times to post thoughts from memory but I've no clue if he's put any pick ups in them....

1st judgements are in then.

Nitty Dons Super Sharp Shooter is not just the title of some killer DnB, it's a very good race track. A high speed burn with a handful of medium difficulty corners that is perfectly suited to a super car speed fest with friends. Raced it several times and I can't think of a single hair out of place, certainly gets my vote. 

Also, The Essex Serpent. Again, raced this a couple of times. Excellent track, I prefer it to the one above as it's very different in character. Slightly more of a challenge and less about top speed than maintaining your racing lines and building momentum. Nice environment and a race with great character when run with muscle cars. +1.

Ok?

• stronktank likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

@LuapYllier: No problem, you put great effort in it.
And keeping the classes, because I think it's important as not everyone likes all types of races as much. Even though I will indeed have to replay half of them. That's why they are where they are now.

@GreenReign: Will test the two (updated) versions from your first post and will test the others if the first two get my vote. The 'rules' came after your post so no worries.

@Cuz05: Even with your activity in RRR you can add some other UCC you really like. And you are a great creator so I'm happy to add you to the list even though you're not planning on judging everything coming up. Your vote every now and then would be greatly appreciated.

And for the GTA race content: I do add it to every race I make. But it's just some boosts and some rockets at logical locations. Although I do not think all approved races should be tested on this, but all nominated ones should be.

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:41 PM Edited by GreenReign, 26 February 2014 - 09:43 PM.

the one checkpoint on Mayhem at the Docks, I wasn't able to change. I tried deleting it, even deleted all the checkpoints and re-checkpointed the entire race, but no matter what I did, it still points at the concrete. But I think it's just a minor issue, there is another C/P there, and a red and white barrier so if you're paying attention you know where to go.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Funny note: One of the freshly approved races has been rockstar verified (nurburgring)

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

@Cuz05: Even with your activity in RRR you can add some other UCC you really like. And you are a great creator so I'm happy to add you to the list even though you're not planning on judging everything coming up. Your vote every now and then would be greatly appreciated.

And for the GTA race content: I do add it to every race I make. But it's just some boosts and some rockets at logical locations. Although I do not think all approved races should be tested on this, but all nominated ones should be.

Cheers.

Do you mean that all future approved races should have GTA pickups and be tested on them, ones without cannot be approved? I can understand that, this is approved for everyone rather than just my tastes, lol.

Just feel that it'll rule out some great races that don't have that content, they're still playable as GTA without them after all, they just won't have missiles and boosts... At a quick glance, 7 of the 8 most liked races from the 700 strong RRR library don't have them. I really don't know how popular GTA racing is among the general community although I know races have no chance of R* verification without.

Would it be an idea if ones without had a note- 'no GTA pickups', or perhaps another heading in the OP for them? 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Since your using the same standards from my thread I assume it is OK if I chime in. We look at and comment on all of the requirements but issues with settings, title, description, GTA mode or replay value do not play into the final Y/N vote. The checkpoint and Prop standards are mostly what will garner the vote.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:45 PM Edited by Cuz05, 26 February 2014 - 10:49 PM.

Since your using the same standards from my thread I assume it is OK if I chime in. We look at and comment on all of the requirements but issues with settings, title, description, GTA mode or replay value do not play into the final Y/N vote. The checkpoint and Prop standards are mostly what will garner the vote.

Ah right, I kinda thought it did from reading through. Maybe just the way I read it.

Edit. Yeah, this made me think that-

Races will be judged on the following....

Settings.

-GTA elements have been included in the race construction. (GTA is an option that can not be turned off and should be accommodated) 

I know you went through all your races and added them to make them more generally accessible so I figured it was part of the process...

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

My idea was that there's approved and there's nominated? Approved means, good to great races and nominated is greatest races according to the judges. For the nominated ones GTA race pickups should be available.

• Cuz05 likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Ah gotcha, great idea. Approved ;)
  • stronktank likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users