Photo

The GTAForums Official R* Crew

3,634 replies to this topic
QUEEN--ROCKS
  • QUEEN--ROCKS

GTAF Commissioner

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:23 AM Edited by QUEEN--ROCKS, 28 August 2014 - 01:27 AM.

Consider it a personal request!   :)

I'm collecting footage for a special video I've got planned... Need to get some more footage with you first though ;)

I plan on being online Thursday night, which I think is Friday afternoon for you.  So if you want me to pose for you I will.   ;) 

@Strikeslip: The Bicycle Race idea sounds fab (and great story too).  We need to get some footage of some fat bottoms for the part that goes "Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today,

so look out for those beauties oh yeah."  Also, for the part where you hear the bells ringing, that's where we all ring our dingies and then when it goes "On your marks get set go" we all race our a**'s off.  This should make a good video.  :)

• Sweets likes this

slyolddog
  • slyolddog

I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

I'm so down for that it sounds fun.
  • QUEEN--ROCKS likes this

QUEEN--ROCKS
  • QUEEN--ROCKS

GTAF Commissioner

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

Looks like the new crew color is up and running.  Looks nice.

• Sweets and CreepyUncleJames like this

wh1t31v3y
  • wh1t31v3y

Silent Assassin

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

Yes crew color is awesome
  • Sweets, QUEEN--ROCKS and slyolddog like this

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

0_0.jpg

• Sweets, The Shadow, QUEEN--ROCKS and 3 others like this

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

Brushed aluminum with the crew color looks fantastic.

• Sweets, QUEEN--ROCKS and NikkoCharger like this

slyolddog
  • slyolddog

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

0_0.jpg

This pretty much sums up today in a nutshell

• Sweets, The Shadow, QUEEN--ROCKS and 2 others like this

Warlordfrost
  • Warlordfrost

Mentally Stable Killer

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Just trying to share my nose gold with the townsfolk, but noooo....
  • Sweets, The Shadow, QUEEN--ROCKS and 3 others like this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

You're doing a great job managing it, Neal. :^:

Agreed.

The screenshots and videos on there are going to be amazing when GTA finally goes next gen.
  • Sweets, The Shadow and QUEEN--ROCKS like this

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

Corredo "Cordero" Corleone

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

Not only will he run you in DM, he'll then tell the world about it.

Mikey Dash.

Ron, what was your name? Ronny Fingers or some sh*t? lol and I forget why, probably should leave it that way.

• Sweets, kjahcleveland and QUEEN--ROCKS like this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Not only will he run you in DM, he'll then tell the world about it.

Mikey Dash.

Ron, what was your name? Ronny Fingers or some sh*t? lol and I forget why, probably should leave it that way.

Ronnie "Flacid". Hahaha

It was due to the fact I peed on a drunk chick in a crowded room, and then years later she claimed I had a small penis. Which I then responded with "bitch, I was flacid".

I'm a changed man now though guys. I swear.
  • Sweets and QUEEN--ROCKS like this

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Mad Dog

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

I forget why, probably should leave it that way.

• Sweets, Ronzilla187 and QUEEN--ROCKS like this

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

I just wanted to mention something. We have a clear rule against killing crew members, and a general rule about treating each other with a certain amount of respect. Obviously one should apply common sense here and extend that to avoiding purposefully annoying or harassing crew members by doing things that haven't been flat out stated. Sending mercs, muggers (especially now that they can take like 10k depending on your rank), etc.

A bunch of us tend to mess around in crew only or invite only sessions, which we usually all seem to enjoy. And sometimes that results in some of us killing each other. Sometimes accidentally, sometimes on purpose. Sometimes we send mercs, muggers, etc. Obviously whenever nobody has a problem with it, that's fine. No point trying to enforce a rule against people having fun. Just to be clear though, people have the right to not be okay with it at any time.

I've done this myself, in a crew only or invite only session, someone is fooling around and blows up my car, kills me, etc. If I don't have a problem with it I'll just ignore it, sometimes I'll kill them back, blow up their car, whatever. The other day in a crew session I had like a stream of 8 muggers come after me. (Thanks again for that btw.) Again, as long as it is all in good fun, and everyone is okay with that, then it's all good. If at any point it bothered me, or anyone else, nothing more should be needed than just saying so. If someone mentions that they aren't in the mood, knock it off. The rule is there for a reason.

One of the things I like most about this crew is that I've yet to come across any of you that aren't decent people who are fun to be around. I doubt that any of the crew members I've been playing with would continue doing anything if they knew it was seriously bothering another member of the crew. So with that said, if at any point while people are fooling around, anyone else in the session doesn't want to be involved in said hijinks, just say so. Just make yourself clear. If someone asks politely to be left alone, not killed, not have their car blown up, etc., obviously you should respect that. I have no doubt that you will.

If however someone is bothering you, and you ask them to stop, and they don't, please feel free to bring it to us. Either by posting here or contacting one of us directly.

• QUEEN--ROCKS and slyolddog like this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:26 PM Edited by Ronzilla187, 28 August 2014 - 11:28 PM.

On that note.

It's never okay to kill me. If you're GTAF and you kill me, or other crew members without a good excuse, expect to get reported. Repeat offender? Expect to get the boot.

Also, I get a lot of you like dicking around and killing each other, but does anyone know if GTAO keeps track of that like Max Payne 3 did? If so, remember we're trying to climb the leaderboards and regularly killing each other keeps adding to our crews overall deaths from other players.
  • Sweets, Toke and QUEEN--ROCKS like this

slyolddog
  • slyolddog

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:33 PM Edited by slyolddog, 28 August 2014 - 11:45 PM.

Also, I get a lot of you like dicking around and killing each other, but does anyone know if GTAO keeps track of that like Max Payne 3 did? If so, remember we're trying to climb the leaderboards and regularly killing each other keeps adding to our crews overall deaths from other players.

If that's the case then I am absolutely in the wrong crew because I couldn't kill someone if they walked up to me and did an irish dance. I would still get killed first. 

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by Ronzilla187, 29 August 2014 - 12:02 AM.

On that note.

It's never okay to kill me. If you're GTAF and you kill me, or other crew members without a good excuse, expect to get reported. Repeat offender? Expect to get the boot.

If that's the case then I am absolutely in the wrong crew because I couldn't kill someone if they walked up to me and did an irish dance. I would still get killed first. 
I'm not sure if it's the case for GTAO.

In Max Payne 3 every death and loss at the hands of other players was recorded in our crew stats. So going up against other crew members was a huge no-no.

Oh, and I saw you in the party a while back. We split up to do TDM. Keep playing with guys on xbox like Dash, Supernutz, Ciaran, Mr. PhatGordo, Desu, Omega, Kyle, Coldkilla, Big Matt, or I, and you'll be a stone cold killer in no time.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

does anyone know if GTAO keeps track of that like Max Payne 3 did? If so, remember we're trying to climb the leaderboards and regularly killing each other keeps adding to our crews overall deaths from other players.

I'm not sure if it does or not either, but I'd also be interested to know. I can't find much on social club, I can see crews ranked by RP, and "points", but the only places I see kills, or K/D listed at all (aside from individual player stats) is in specific game modes. If anyone else does know, please speak up. A link wouldn't hurt either.

If it does count all kills and deaths, even in private sessions, wouldn't that mean that one crew member killing another (even by accident) would count as one of each? So if a pilot crashes with a crew member as passenger, that would count as one kill and one death? That seems like it'd be much too easy to manipulate, especially with the problems with damage ownership in sessions, but tbh I wouldn't put it past rockstar. Looking at the race leaderboards they don't seem to care much about it in general. I'm still waiting for them to cull all the obviously hacked records there are for like every race in the whole game. :(

• Ronzilla187 and QUEEN--ROCKS like this

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

That's probably why it's not a recorded stat, and why there really is no easy way for R* to rank crews based on stats. In MP3 you had Deathmatches....essentially. Variations, of course, but game modes. With GTAO the free mode is a different beast and crews would milk stats.

This is part of my on-going 'What We Want From GTAO' dossier, that will hopefully see the light of day. In MP3 the focus was Crew v. Crew. In GTAO they tried to directly carry that over. Obviously there are a lot of things missing to even match the effectiveness of Crew v. Crew at even an MP3 level. The focus, instead, should be upon building up your own crew. Money, RP, etc. The only way to get these assets for your crew, would be by going through other crews. If the focus is stats...players will find ways to cheat. They always do. If the focus falls upon crew hideouts, customization, vehicles, weapons, outfits, etc. Then even if a crew DOES cheat, they have no real advantage over another. In the Crew v. Crew arena they would still suck. Trophies, metaphorically (and literally I suppose), dont mean sh*t when you stole em. When you earn them, they are tokens of pride.

Oh, and dont kill your crew mates. For real.

• Sweets, Toke, Ronzilla187 and 2 others like this

slyolddog
  • slyolddog

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:17 AM

Oh, and I saw you in the party a while back. We split up to do TDM. Keep playing with guys on xbox like Dash, Supernutz, Ciaran, Mr. PhatGordo, Desu, Omega, Kyle, Coldkilla, Big Matt, or I, and you'll be a stone cold killer in no time.

That's what Ivey and T20 said to me way back when, they've still yet to break me.... was interesting being on the other side of the fence for a change, though. 

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by Ronzilla187, 29 August 2014 - 12:34 AM.

@Sweets
Yes. It would count as one of each, that's exactly how it works (at least for Max Payne). A 1 win/kill, 1 loss/death ratio isn't bad, but when most the guys I play with have KDRs well over 2.0, and around 1000 wins over 100 losses, every death and loss that could be avoided by not playing/killing each other was avoided. I have looked on the social club extensively for this information in the past, yet there seems to be no straight answer for if crew vs crew losses/kills are recorded for GTAO. Assuming it works the same as MP3 I would assume yes. You could also host your own games in MP3, like hosting a private session in GTAO.

Off the current topic, but Gordo props for the color change. Nice job on it. I'm sure the guys who voted it are happy, and most of us who wanted something bolder on the mini-map are happy. Still doesn't pop off the radar as easy as hot pink, gold, or red probably would, but it's an improvement compared to what it was. So I'm happy with that.

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by Phatgordo13, 29 August 2014 - 12:45 AM.

@Sweets
Yes. It would count as one of each, that's exactly how it works (at least for Max Payne). A 1 win/kill, 1 loss/death ratio isn't bad, but when most the guys I play with have KDRs well over 2.0, and around 1000 wins over 100 losses, every death and loss that could be avoided by not playing/killing each other was avoided. I have looked on the social club extensively for this information in the past, yet there seems to be no straight answer for if crew vs crew losses/kills are recorded for GTAO. Assuming it works the same as MP3 I would assume yes. You could also host your own games in MP3, like hosting a private session in GTAO.

Off the current topic, but Gordo props for the color change. Nice job on it. I'm sure the guys who voted it are happy, and most of us who wanted something bolder on the mini-map are happy. Still doesn't pop off the radar as easy as hot pink, gold, or red probably would, but it's an improvement compared to what it was. So I'm happy with that.

My point on that is even if you do a private sesh on MP3, you still have a game mode to fulfill.It's a set match. We're quite familiar with players joining crews to lay down to their real crews can pad their stats, but that's hard to pull off long term. So even if a crew was padding stats in MP3 and they had a ton of kills to a few deaths but their record was sub .500 everyone knows what theyre doing. With GTAO you could pad your kills to no end, and if THAT is the stat then there is no way to measure one crew to another equally.

Say a crew is mostly free mode, how do you compare that to a crew like us in TDM? Logically, it would have to be kills, and K/D, and so on, but as we've pointed out that can easily be bull sh*t.

I would be quite unhappy if crew rankings came out and were based on any single stat. There would have to be some sort of composite analytic to account for crew size, who theyre playing, modes, etc. and I doubt R* gives THAT much of a sh*t. However, if they are going to try to place some value on crews.....they need to think out of the box. Get their minds out of the MP3 setup. It doesnt translate.

*Edit*

Oh, also. Yah, what Ronnie said. The crew color actually turned out a lot better than I, and most expected. It is a step up from what we had tactically, and aesthetically. It's a New York Yankee blue almost, and as a baseball fan thats some majestic sh*t. It really encompasses a lot of what people were talking about in terms of being easier to see, to being attractive to the eye, and representing who we are and where we come from.

All the bull sh*t that went into it, I can comfortably say we got it right.

Cheers.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

We've got a Crew vs Crew tomorrow on Xbox. GTAF vs SOUL. 10pm eastern. I believe the Forgotten Souls MC will be streaming it on their twitch.

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:23 AM

We've got a Crew vs Crew tomorrow on Xbox. GTAF vs SOUL. 10pm eastern. I believe the Forgotten Souls MC will be streaming it on their twitch.

Gonna be fun. You figure out the playlists yet?
I think we need to try a few LTS maps tonight.

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

I miss the old days..

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:14 PM Edited by TheShadowBelt, 29 August 2014 - 01:14 PM.

We really need to create a GTAF Tennis or Golf tournament. These activities are really fun and are getting ignored a lot.

• Sweets, Ronzilla187, QUEEN--ROCKS and 4 others like this

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

That's a great idea actually. I would LOVE to get a big tourney for golf going. Count me in.

epileptic.cookie
  • epileptic.cookie

Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I won't be able to make it tomorrow, y-f*cking-ay. I do have a question; For the xbox side of the crew, are custom jobs any better than on ps3? I've watched way too many youtube videos of Vanoss and DomisLive that have awesome jobs but all of them are for xbox..

QUEEN--ROCKS
  • QUEEN--ROCKS

GTAF Commissioner

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

People need to stop having lives and get their butts online.  It's pretty dead tonight. lol

• Sweets, Strikeslip, Cornbat and 1 other like this

slyolddog
  • slyolddog

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

Well I just finished first wedding of the season, an old man threw up on me and had some kind of seizure. I'm ready to game that horrid memory away :/ be right there.

• Sweets, Strikeslip, QUEEN--ROCKS and 4 others like this

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

We waited 2...3 hours to play the 'Forgotten Souls' or whoever the hell. We played one match, and they rage quit. We tried to make all the concessions they asked for, they still didn't want to play. Keep in mind. This is the twitter crew talking about 'No one can beat em'.

Uh huh.

So Ronnie, Dash, and I ran into another crew after. One match. Rage quit.

Send you mercenaries. Give us golf clubs.

Doesnt matter.

• Sweets, Strikeslip, Ronzilla187 and 1 other like this

QUEEN--ROCKS
  • QUEEN--ROCKS

GTAF Commissioner

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

That's ridiculous, PG.  There's no dignity in that.  But at least you had a chance to show them who's superior!

@ Slyolddogg, Cornbat, and Strikeslip: Thanks for the awesome games tonight.  But most importantly thanks for putting up with my sh*t!!!  You guys (and gal) rock.   :cool: 

• Sweets, Strikeslip, Ronzilla187 and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users