13,690 replies to this topic
Audi
  • Audi

If I can't do it, Homie it can't be done

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted A week ago

Is anyone else just incredibly bored of this game after 4 years? I'm finally burned out on GTA Online and I really just don't feel like playing it anymore. The game is such a grind and only now I've gotten so completely sick of it, specially after trying out Just Cause 3 and Infamous: Second Son. I just wanna move on now but I have no idea what else to play :p

Yeah finally hit that point last year around this time. Kept it around for pics but at this point not even that brings me back to it. Getting banned on pc didn't help as I barely use my ps4 to begin with anymore these days. I have plenty of racing games to fill the pics void and play proper competitive shooters on pc too.

• R3CON likes this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Nick1020, A week ago.

I play here and there just to check out the new vehicles but I hardly play these days. The grinding and push for shark cards is too much. And not to mention the more recent updates have expensive paywalls. And don't even get me started on research.

I enjoyed the game though. And met some awesome here. I would of never tried games like Fallout, Overwatch or gave any shooters a shot if it wasn't for the folks in this crew.
  • El-Gaddafii likes this

iLLYHiGHROLLER
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER

I'm allergic to dirt weed and wack rappers.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago Edited by iLLYHiGHROLLER, A week ago.

I'm getting tired of games in general, tbh..
Taking extended breaks from the game keeps it 'fresh' but those breaks are slowly becoming longer and my playtime on GTAO shorter.
Now I tend to only play whenever one of my friends message me to hop on or to mess with my character's outfits or appearance.

• Kushology, El-Gaddafii, Cackling Jack and 1 other like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted A week ago

I'm getting tired of games in general, tbh..

Been like that a few times myself..but then just get the urge..

Like I wanted to play NFS so bad..I downloaded it again. Did one race and was done. Same with The Crew. Downloaded it, messed with it, that was that. Deleted both after. Lol.
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted A week ago

On the subject of GTA Online, I know I'll never play a heist again. If I only think about all the grinding I did back in 2015, I already feel burned out from it. I won't play the majority of Adversary Modes either, since most either suck or have been played to death by me during double weeks. CEO work and other free roam jobs I will only play if there is some variety to it, so you can bet I won't limit myself to Gunrunning and I/E. I like playing some good old missions every now and then, also like making it more challenging by, for example, limiting myself to using a pistol only, or something along these lines.

What really keeps me going, though, is the competitive aspect of the game. That's what I'll never get tired of. I played the hell out of GTAO for sure, but honestly, I started later the most of you guys. The first time I played the game was on Christmas day in 2014. Most of you played the game for over a year already at that point.

• El-Gaddafii, Cackling Jack and Happy Hunter like this

dino722
  • dino722

Thug

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

I got sick of it when I grinded my ass off for the gunrunning dlc, spent mostly everything I had till the smugglers came out and saw that most pf the vehicules are over 2 million plus all the warehouse upgrades was gonna cost another month of total grinding...that fealing turned me in to a complete freeroam warrior and that slowly slowly got me tired of it. Im waiting for red dead or some other real good game, problem is, I only like sand boxes...Theres no other game that attracts me right now.
  • El-Gaddafii and Cackling Jack like this

PatG
  • PatG

Shammgod

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I like playing some good old missions every now and then, also like making it more challenging by, for example, limiting myself to using a pistol only, or something along these lines.

This is pretty much what kept me playing for a bit back in 2015 after getting tired of grinding heists. Had a friend and we would use only silenced pistols and do it in free aim to spice things up.

Also been burnt out on GTA. Actually happened start of this year and didn't come back to it until gunrunning, then I pretty much dropped it when smuggler's run came out. Since then, I've been cycling between Killing Floor 2, NBA 2K18, Overwatch and whatever beta/demo seems interesting like GT Sport or Battlefront 2.

Spoiler
  • El-Gaddafii and Audi like this

El-Gaddafii
  • El-Gaddafii

Jefe @ La coya Gaddafii

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted A week ago

I've been feeling the same about GTA lately, not surprising to be burnt out after 4 years but I can't come to terms with leaving this game. At the end of the day its the only game I truely enjoy (even with all its issues) whilst I may sometimes very rarely play other games I usually find myself back in LS as I quickly get bored of other games.

The problem is we get lost in the grind and forget to enjoy the core values of free-roam, which is just that; roaming free. I have realised that the game is actually much more fun when I go back to basics for example, after taking a short break from playing I decided to take a 'GTA vacation' where I went up north to my house in paleto to escape the fast-life back in the city, I bought myself a sadler, tuned it out and climbed mount chilliad plus a few other spots I just wish others were as interested as I am in offroading lol

I also finally bought myself a Hydra. I received an in-game email stating it was on sale for 35%, it was too hard to say no.
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER, psymin and CrayCray like this

rebeldevil
  • rebeldevil

Alcohol-fueled Smartass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I don't play as much as I used to, but I still enjoy the game. Right now though my time is at a premium thanks to my work schedule, and there are other games I'd like to play as well.

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• Van Society
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by R3CON, 6 days ago.

I still play this game, but the times I do are fewer and farther between. Even then my sessions are rather brief and touch-and-go. I can't say I'm necessarily burnt out but things just seem very stale and predictable. Especially freeroam. The open-world Call of Duty vibe used to feel fresh and that anything could happen, but I'm over it. Theres too many military vehicles, immersion-killing Oppressors and Ruiners, and then the easy way out & off the radar folks who cheapen every match. It's not as exciting and there's not much sense of accomplishment with everything so extreme and undefined.

Then there's contact missions and heists which are ancient and thus repetitive. Rockstar made it's name off PvE but they'd rather push more adversary modes with themes that have absolutely nothing to do with anything GTA; that doesn't help. The freeroam businesses aren't all that innovative compared to heists and contact missions (it's kinda just repackaged) and then there's the troll/PvP aspect Rockstar forces so folks can fail and buy sharkcards. This gets old pretty quickly. The new vehicles and aircraft are cool for the moment but they're hardly ever any more exciting than my existing vehicles and aircraft. It's nice for photos and the quick spin, but so is everything else we already have. The map being the same old, same old and content being delayed behind a drip feed only saps enthusiasm further.

I didn't create a character til March '15 and then had six months of off-an-on gameplay until my PS3 sh*t the bed in September '15. Didn't get my PS4 til June of last year and it was then when I really started playing heavy. In total, I've only had about 20 months or a year and a half of actual gameplay Online. So my shade isn't as deep as the folks who've been playing since 2013 or '14. I avoided the campaign until I upgraded to next gen and I'm only now getting around to it. Playing through SP has given the game and the map a new sense of purpose. However, my experience with missions/heists, races and battling other players online has grown my skill-set to the point where I'm blowing through single player with ease. This + four years of spoilers makes my new found hype fleeting.

IRL experiences have taken up alot of would be game time these days, while other entertainment mediums compete for more of my down time. Ive also been exposed to new games and new genres which has revived the sense of innovation, freshness, and purpose in gameplay - my chief points of contention with GTA. Long story short, I can't say the game is dead for me or that I'm never gonna play it, but the writing is definitely on the wall.
  • Rafae, Kushology, El-Gaddafii and 2 others like this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 6 days ago

The Ruiner 2K was the start of where I'd had enough; the Oppressor was the clearly defined end of my line.

I did my time, got my joy. I've been saying this is dead for months now, it's nice to see others are catching up.

To quote the Jesus and Mary Chain, "I've got space and space's got me."

DMB42WAW4AENuzl.jpg

Boom.

• FrikkenZz and psymin like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 6 days ago

I wouldn't normally post BO3 stuff but ehhh..

Spoiler

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

The Ruiner 2K was the start of where I'd had enough; the Oppressor was the clearly defined end of my line.

I did my time, got my joy. I've been saying this is dead for months now, it's nice to see others are catching up.

The Oppressor was the best and worst thing added to this game. It's fun as hell at times but the fact anyone, especially those who have the rockets installed can infinitely get them refilled by MCing up and request it.

And I wouldn't say this game is dead yet. Somehow this game is in the top 10 game sales in the UK and VGchatz.

GTA Online was fun, still is to an extent, but at this point I'd tell any new player to quit unless they wanna grind forever.
  • HARBUJAHN and Gtapizzadouche14 like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 6 days ago

Somehow this game is in the top 10 game sales in the UK and VGchatz.

Same as in Canada but it's in 7th place.

Wildlands is somehow 1st place.. lol

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 6 days ago

if the oppressor could feel feelings rn, they would be hurt. Shame on ya'll. I love the oppressor, it certainly has got me out of tight spots and away from try hard scum.

If it wasn't 20k for everytime I've destroyed another player's oppressor and it didn't have as many rockets then maybe it would get the love it deserves.

I can't go back to riding a normal motorcycle cos they all suck now.
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER, Kushology and Happy Hunter like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Honestly, imo they should remove the Oppressor from the motorcycle class or make the rockets less accurate. I got nothing against it, but nearly everyone and their momma has one and spams the hell out of the it.
  • El-Gaddafii and Gtapizzadouche14 like this

iLLYHiGHROLLER
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER

I'm allergic to dirt weed and wack rappers.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 6 days ago

nearly everyone and their momma has one

That's how good it is doe.

• xxi likes this

Gtapizzadouche14
  • Gtapizzadouche14

San Andreas guinea pig

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Gtapizzadouche14, 6 days ago.

Honestly, imo they should remove the Oppressor from the motorcycle class or make the rockets less accurate. I got nothing against it, but nearly everyone and their momma has one and spams the hell out of the it.

Pos has single handedly cost me about 300 thousand in insurance fees since it was introduced thing needs to be nerfed and insurance to be removed from the game entirely for what good it's done these days it isn't worth the hassle.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 6 days ago

Insurance needs to go away, for everything. Same with bad sport..
  • CrayCray, Cackling Jack, R3CON and 3 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 6 days ago

if the oppressor could feel feelings rn, they would be hurt. Shame on ya'll. I love the oppressor, it certainly has got me out of tight spots and away from try hard scum.

If it wasn't 20k for everytime I've destroyed another player's oppressor and it didn't have as many rockets then maybe it would get the love it deserves.

I can't go back to riding a normal motorcycle cos they all suck now.

I am a bit of an oppressor-phobe lol :p It's mainly just a little game though, the hunt for oppressors.

When it comes to genuine feelings, I really just don't like the insurance on it, and how people can instantly get it back when they mess up.

• Gtapizzadouche14 likes this

JohnnyXThunders
  • JohnnyXThunders

World's Finest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Insurance needs to go away, for everything. Same with bad sport..

I agree.
  • Kushology and Happy Hunter like this

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

Il Capo. El Jefe. Газда.

• GTAF Crew
  • None
  • Best Certified Gang 2015 [GTAF Crew]
    Best Gang 2014 [GTAF Crew]

Posted 6 days ago

..::ATTENTION::..

- Announcement 10.13.17
- To: All Members

In an effort to make room for new recruits, a number of Social Club accounts associated with the GTA Forums Crew have been removed. Unfortunately, due to the limited information available to us and the lack luster design of the Social Club interface, there is no simple and effective way to be certain in our judgments on which accounts should or should not be removed. We have attempted to remove accounts based on a combination of inactivity and disassociation with the crew. That being said, we acknowledge errors may be made. This is standard protocol and is necessary once or twice a year.

If you have been removed and were incorrectly identified as inactive, simply reapply through the recruitment topic or contact a commissioner directly.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Cheers,
PG

• SWEETSAPRIK, FrikkenZz, PretendWereDead and 9 others like this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 6 days ago

In an effort to make room for new recruits, a number of Social Club accounts associated with the GTA Forums Crew have been removed.

Can I suggest you edit the OP on the recruitment thread, too? I saw you tagged it on the end, but it'll be buried and gone in a week or so.

• FrikkenZz likes this

Cackling Jack
  • Cackling Jack

Hold My Beer And Watch This!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 days ago

Well that makes sense. Thanks PG. I freaked out yesterday coz I haven't been on much just spending time with family. Thanks Sweets and Harbujahan for helping us out with that crew from Yemen. Haven't fought like that in ages. 

Web71Jnr
  • Web71Jnr

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

Can i get a place in this? Social club is Web1971Jnr. 

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 3 days ago

http://gtaforums.com...ting-now/page-1

Template;

PSN:
XBL:
Social Club:

Remember to make your profile public so we can invite you.
  • GTAF Crew Events likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 3 days ago Edited by JuniorChubb, 3 days ago.

Congrats on the CotC win guys, you done the forum proud :)

Hope there is a Season 3 so you can face the wrath that all defending champs have to face. 
  • Andreas, Rafae, Kushology and 2 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 3 days ago

Congrats on the CotC win guys, you done the forum proud :)

Hope there is a Season 3 so you can face the wrath that all defending champs have to face. 

There's already been some questionable comments made to some clash members involved but eh..lol

I'm looking forward to Season 3 and improving myself more.
  • Rafae and JuniorChubb like this

Web71Jnr
  • Web71Jnr

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Web71Jnr, 3 days ago.

http://gtaforums.com...ting-now/page-1

Template;

PSN:
XBL:
Social Club:

Remember to make your profile public so we can invite you.
cheers mate it's done
  • Rafae and Kushology like this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 3 days ago

does that mean i have to go add you now?

sigh. fine.

• Rafae and Kushology like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users