Photo

Official Things to do in GTAO thread

37 replies to this topic
theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:24 PM Edited by theGypsy, 28 February 2014 - 07:47 PM.

Yea, I said “official”... wanna make something of it? (a hat? pretty skirt maybe?)

Ok, so here we go...  on more than a few occasions over the last while, (since I've only been here a while, probably been happening longer) there's no lack of threads with people posting things like, “I'm bored of GTAO”, “Do you still play” and so on. And I just figured there has to be a better way to assist peeps than replying sh*t like “Then stop playing”....

And dammit, we should sticky this so we can just refer peeps to it from now on... no seriously, I said “official” in the title and everything :blink:

Anyway....

So.... let's have your fav “things to do” in GTAO so I can can simply share the thread the next (few dozen) times it comes up... While I am kinda after the more non-conventional stuff, there's no reason we can't also list a mission or race that you think is (still) a blast. Alone, or with a friend.

Note; please let's not be whores and list our own races with “I made this race, and it's a ton of fun”.. thanks

Things to do in GATO if you're bored;

Here's my personal list and I'll add the good ones posted to it as we go...

Vehicle related;

Vehicles - from bicycles to off-roading to testing various cars, I enjoy it. Grab some friends and go off-roading. Maybe get a BMX and hit all 6 skate parks. Or just make a list of cars you want to try out and hit the streets to steal one for a test drive.

Join fellow enthusiast - There's a never ending number of vehicle 'appreciation' threads on here as well as car meet-ups ... take part. Or maybe hunt for 'rare' cars... play with modifications... there's lot's one can do. Here's a few from the boards

Easy going activities;

Photography - again, not everyone's bag but I get into doing scenic, peds, signs, sightseeing and so on with my handy camera (chopper helps to quickly scout locations). A few of the groups/threads here include;

Stunt flying - mostly choppers for me, but I get a kick out of pushing the boundaries of what it, and I, can do. But you can use planes or maybe just take a Cargobob and try picking up (moving) cars from the highway.

Creator - obviously one can spend countless hours making races and DMs. I still enjoy this and spend time in FM scouting potential locations (again, my Frogger is the ride of choice).

R* created activities; Golf, Tennis, darts, arm wrestling (eh?). I don't do a ton of this, but someone mentioned it so I am adding to the list. I would have preferred pool/billiards myself.

Skate parks - you can take your BMX or even a motorcycle to one of the 6 skate parks around LS. HT KnobCheez and Lay

Strange and stupid things to do;

Stupid things - from grenade baseball to jet wash walk-offs (steal a jet, land it, climb on it and walk off the end... weeeeeeeeee) and monster trucking (empty lot + 10 NPC cars + Sandking = WIN), lot's of purely idiotic things we get up to. In anyone wants details, I can elaborate.

Hold Up Rampage -  things like see how many stores one can rob in a row, (wanted level goes up each time)... a chopper is the preferred way on this... but there's many 'challenges' one can come up with if yer creative.

Cop killing rampage; if you have a tank, go for it. If not, work on that 5 star time in places like the subway (choppers aren't an issue there) - HT theregomatt

Troll from your apartment; chill out on the couch, call some Mercs, a mugger and put bounties on peeps. Turn on the TV and enjoy the show (watching the victim). HT L5B4LIF3

Bob Trolling - take a Cargobob and pick up PVs (with peeps in or not) and drop them off on one of the Islands. HT gnad.1992

Ped Pick-up - Take a Bodhi, or anything with a bed that isn't too low (prolly won't work with SK). Drive backwards down the beach or a sidewalk and see how many peds you can get into the back. HT this thread here.

Monster Trucking - line up some NPC cars and grab a few Sandkings... (more here )

Group activities;

Forum challenges - we took a full lobby of folks from these boards to do the "Old Mans Crack" challenge one day... was great fun and awesome to meet some of the folks from GTAF – there's also the Bells End challenge and the Best Parking Job Challenge.

Sports - we also started a series of various 'sports' and are now on our 3rd one. Some of them to date included; Drunken 100m, Compact Car Sumo, Bike Jousting, Frogger, Demolition derby etc... and more recently (tomorrow) Triathlon, Old West Shootout and Grenade Gauntlet... Lot's of great ideas in the links below.

Some of the events to date included, (want details, see the videos or just ask me);

• Cargobob Relay (dropping off cars and picking them up again
  • Issi Sumo (top of Maze Bank)
  • Frogger (8 lanes, races)
  • Demo Derby (down in the quarry bowl)
  • Rush Hour (driving BMX the wrong way on a highway race)
  • Oil Pounding (fist fights on top of the oil derricks )
  • Meat Shoot (skeet shoot with motorcycles and stunt jump)
  • Triathlon
  • Maze Murder (aka Micheal Myers)
  • Car Launch Long Jump
  • Drunk 100m
  • Bike Jousting (BMXs and shotguns)
  • Old West Shootout (20 paces, rolling allowed)
  • Shark Tank (knife fights under water)
  • Lawn Darts HALO (top of the business center)

More stuff others suggested;

Ultimate Frogger - not sure, awaiting more info from Danny... but you can see the Frogger Event here in the GTA Olymppic rnd 2. It's a lot of fun to do with friends.

Role play and creating your own missions - while it's not really my thing, there are more than a few threads on this in the meet ups section, and folks like this guy recreating military styled missions

Ped Collector - drive a Bodhi around backwards on the beach and see how many NPCs you can get in the back.

More stuff from this thread;

Cargobob golf:
Competitors take vehicles up to the windmills with cargobobs and lower them into the blades. Judges call the distance and furthest drive wins. You can have up to 9 holes. Each hole a different windmill going a different speed.

Cargobob bowling:
At the construction site just east of the mall 2-3 cars are stacked up on the north edge of the bridge that runs over the highway. Competitors must cargobob a vehicle under the construction crane and release it into the stacked cars for a strike. Most strikes after 9 or 10 frames wins.

Underwater Knife Fight.
- Players jump off the pier into the ocean.
- Once you get killed or drown you are out.
- You can't come up for air.
- If you kill someone you are allowed to come up for air. Once per kill.

Players will compete to kill each other using knives. Have judges on sea sharks watching the area. If someone decides to swim far away they lose because you can only breathe if you kill someone.

Helicopter Roulette
- Each player has a helicopter a Frogger or Mallard.
- They line up in a single file line.
- A course is set through the windmill farm.
- The players take turns flying through the windmills if you get hit you die and are out.
- The winner finishes the course first or is the last one standing.

Cop Shootout
- 4 players stand at an intersection
- One facing in each direction
- They cannot move
- The goal is to survive the longest.
- The catch is whenever the judge tells them to each player must snipe one civilian.
- If you move from your spot you lose if you get killed by police you lose.
- Last man standing wins.

LandShark
- Each player has a SeaShark
Underwater Knife Fight.
- Players jump off the pier into the ocean.
- Once you get killed or drown you are out.
- You can't come up for air.
- If you kill someone you are allowed to come up for air. Once per kill.

Players will compete to kill each other using knives. Have judges on sea sharks watching the area. If someone decides to swim far away they lose because you can only breathe if you kill someone.

Helicopter Roulette
- Each player has a helicopter a Frogger or Mallard.
- They line up in a single file line.
- A course is set through the windmill farm.
- The players take turns flying through the windmills if you get hit you die and are out.
- The winner finishes the course first or is the last one standing.

Cop Shootout
- 4 players stand at an intersection
- One facing in each direction
- They cannot move
- The goal is to survive the longest.
- The catch is whenever the judge tells them to each player must snipe one civilian.
- If you move from your spot you lose if you get killed by police you lose.
- Last man standing wins.

LandShark
- Each player has a SeaShark
- They all start from a position facing the beach
- Who ever gets their seashark stranded the fartherest up the beach wins.
- Optional make players hit NPCs on the beach for a point after three runs whoever kills the most NPCs using the seashark wins.

And that's all I have for now... So, what's a few fun/great things to do that we can throw at those that have lost the love of all things GTAO?

• WillWorthington3, ten-a-penny, WBaker and 2 others like this

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by redfirebird87, 05 February 2014 - 09:35 PM.

:santa:

• mfoster09 likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:38 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 05 February 2014 - 09:39 PM.

:santa:

I've made a .gif from this video

Anyway, Jolly SWAGman's done a guide how to win in GTAO

http://gtaforums.com...swagmans-guide/

I think both topics are the same... but thats just my opinion man.. 

• redfirebird87 likes this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Pfft... "Official"...

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by theGypsy, 05 February 2014 - 09:53 PM.

Pfft... "Official"...

yea, was tongue in cheek in case ya didn't catch that. Cheers. And hey, that's the kinda response that prompted it. Drive by trolling that says "just stop playing and fck off" to peeps instead of actually having a conversation or... scary as it sounds... trying to help the person. Why can't you just embrace the intent of this thread and actually post something? C'mon.... U can do it. I believe in ya!

Anyway, Jolly SWAGman's done a guide how to win in GTAO

http://gtaforums.com...swagmans-guide/

I think both topics are the same... but thats just my opinion man.. 

Thanks, that looks closer to tips tho. I was thinking a list of actual activities for the 'bored of GTAO' crowd. We can even give deets on how to do one and I can keep updating the OP with things for 'at a glance' reading. Anyway, just something I've done in other communities I participate in.... see how it goes (get the feeling lots of the usual responses tho... you know, calling me kid and other truly helpfull stuff) - thanks for the link tho, will dig through it all in a bit.

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:49 PM Edited by chriiis125, 05 February 2014 - 09:49 PM.

I enjoy robbing tons of stores in a row and keeping it all in one wanted chase. It's most fun when using a Sanchez and driving into the stores.

Oh, and molotovs + groups of people on the beach = :devil:

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

I'll start.

1. Rage quit 

Well.. that was a quick game :dontgetit:

• meatrocket8, Lil_B_The Basedgod and LightningLord411 like this

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

Golf is always fun - gives you good RP, too.  A good round of Golf (even on your own) can give you around 2000RP.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Done all that kind of stuff. Totally burned out on collecting cars, missions, cop wars, missions, racing, missions, FR shenanigans, missions and not a few missions. I have a 120+ character, two full garages and something like $6m - I'm ready to rock, but literally all of my friends have moved on to other games - a couple of days ago I realized I was just playing for the sake of playing and not really excited about it or having fun anymore. 

I'm taking a hiatus while I wait for heists - XBL gave me Dead Island for free, and I've never played it, so that's what I'm doing at the moment. Those accents are just awful, and it's just a stock-standard gear-grinder (with zombies!) but it's something I haven't spent the last four months doing over and over again (and lately, with idiots).

I truly hope I'm not done with GTA:O - the ball is in R*'s court on that one. 

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

I enjoy robbing tons of stores in a row and keeping it all in one wanted chase. It's most fun when using a Sanchez and driving into the stores.

Oh, and molotovs + groups of people on the beach = :devil:

Yea, I like a robbing spree, we used a frogger the other day... but I'll have to try driving right in lol.

Golf is always fun - gives you good RP, too.  A good round of Golf (even on your own) can give you around 2000RP.

Played some tennis and golf when I started but haven't lately. But it's nice to know once I get bored of mayhem and the whole 'sports' thing we've been doing, there will be something to come back to.

Done all that kind of stuff. Totally burned out on collecting cars, missions, cop wars, missions, racing, missions, FR shenanigans, missions and not a few missions. I have a 120+ character, two full garages and something like $6m - I'm ready to rock, but literally all of my friends have moved on to other games - a couple of days ago I realized I was just playing for the sake of playing and not really excited about it or having fun anymore. 

I'm taking a hiatus while I wait for heists - XBL gave me Dead Island for free, and I've never played it, so that's what I'm doing at the moment. Those accents are just awful, and it's just a stock-standard gear-grinder (with zombies!) but it's something I haven't spent the last four months doing over and over again (and lately, with idiots).

I truly hope I'm not done with GTA:O - the ball is in R*'s court on that one. 

I hear ya... I am sure there will be a time for me as well (still just a LVL 78). By then the second assault DC should be out for Battlefield lol. For now, having fun with friends (old and new) and playing with my family as well. As for DI, my son has it... I've watched, not played it myself. Seems a bit repetitive at times.

And hey, if you feel the itch, feel free to join us for one of the events we have each week with the board peeps. It's been a blast so far. In the end, the online games I play are more about who I am playing with than what.

theregomatt
  • theregomatt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

i just got stars in a those underground trainstations then some people dididnt run i pointed a gun at them and listen to them beg for their lives , didnt know that was part of the game, but i killed them all anyway

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

i just got stars in a those underground trainstations then some people dididnt run i pointed a gun at them and listen to them beg for their lives , didnt know that was part of the game, but i killed them all anyway

Funny, but not sure it's really an 'activity' per se... but wtf, I'll add it. I've gone on a cop killing rampage down there a few times... can be a bit more fun than usual and hey, 3-5 stars don't matter since the choppers can't reach ya

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

official huh? did it get rubber-stamped?

here's one:

send Muggers to randoms then watch the action on your tv.

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

I too am dubious about the officialness of this.

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Queens of the Damned Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:01 PM Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R, 06 February 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Gypsy! the Queens of the Damned 'Dukes' have expanded on your game!

ULTIMATE FROGGER! Glory or death! relay until last man standing. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

• ShinobiFixer, BuyMeTheMoon and redfirebird87 like this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Puttin' on an iron shirt.....

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

1) take your car or motorbike to the half pipe in the skatepark.
2) protect AFK's from players looking for easy kills.

Obviously number 2 can only be done when the situation arises, but it's a good challenge.
I like to keep a mental score with every kill of the afk and you against you and every kill of the other players counting for you.
Then when the afk comes back kill them too for being such a doofus.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Take your BMX to the skateparks around LS.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

I'm always amazed at the people who claim they are bored or burnt out after playing a game for a month.

Especially a game like this where it is a new adventure everyday!
  • UnicornAssassin likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:39 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 06 February 2014 - 02:39 PM.

Get a Cargobob, pick PVs up and drop them on the islands;

Block ammunation/stores doors and trap people inside;

Wait outside LSC and kill everyone;

Get a helicopter and land on a building near LSC, make good use of your heavy sniper;

Place sticky bombs on stores/ammunation door and wait for players;

etcetera

Laker23
  • Laker23

Waiting for United to come good, waiting..

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Get a Cargobob, pick PVs up and drop them on the islands

So evil, I love it.

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

I'm always amazed at the people who claim they are bored or burnt out after playing a game for a month.

Especially a game like this where it is a new adventure everyday!

Yep, I completely agree with you.

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

official huh? did it get rubber-stamped?

here's one:

send Muggers to randoms then watch the action on your tv.

Yea, I was being a bit cheeky with the title, but hey... probably got a few more peeps to drop by... just to give me a hard time. Weeeeeeeeee...

And yes, totally a great activity, I will add to the list now. I guess we can add Mercs and Bounties on that as well. I do like to do those when chilling with a beer in my apt. Even better when friends/crew are in the session... just keep doggin' 'em

Gypsy! the Queens of the Damned Kings have expanded on your game!

ULTIMATE FROGGER! Glory or death! relay until last man standing. 

0_0.jpg

Nice Danny... how's it work? I man at a time, relay, until there's no one left alive? Do tell... will add.

Get a Cargobob, pick PVs up and drop them on the islands;

Block ammunation/stores doors and trap people inside;

Wait outside LSC and kill everyone;

Get a helicopter and land on a building near LSC, make good use of your heavy sniper;

Place sticky bombs on stores/ammunation door and wait for players;

etcetera

Hmmmm... Bob idea, not bad tho a touch douchy.. will add. Parking outside store/ammunation, kinda lame and certainly douchy, I gave that up. On a friend? Sure... will add that note, but wouldn't do it to randoms myself. Sniper stuff, kinda everyday stuff. Stickies on stores, again... too easy and indeed douchy lol. Sitting outside stores/LSC/Ammunation is kinda the stuff I did real early on. Got old fast and it's easy pickings ultimately... no challenge, the fun wears off.

Anyway, a few more good ones... I shall update the OP.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

So evil, I love it.

i love when they try to sticky bomb me and miss it lol

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

You can use the front of blazers as a high speed ramp for huge jumps. Just got to make sure you do a wheely when you hit the blazer's front

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 06 February 2014 - 04:01 PM.

I roleplay as a career criminal in Solo Sessions and act like I live in Los Santos, when I need to make money I go solo.  

I have an idea to where two get drunk then have an old fashioned Old West duel with pistols only, but no one is chivalrous in this day & age.

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Puttin' on an iron shirt.....

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

So evil, I love it.

Lol, how the f*ck can you miss a 'bob with a sticky?
If you can't sticky a big vehicle like that it's probably time to give up!

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

So evil, I love it.

Lol, how the f*ck can you miss a 'bob with a sticky?
If you can't sticky a big vehicle like that it's probably time to give up!

Not sure, though I can't say I've tried to take out a Bob when it's carrying me.

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Try to be Brown.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

I roleplay as a career criminal in Solo Sessions and act like I live in Los Santos, when I need to make money I go solo.  

I have an idea to where two get drunk then have an old fashioned Old West duel with pistols only, but no one is chivalrous in this day & age.

I like this idea, you play free aim?

One of my fave pass times is getting an inventory full of pibswasser and walk around getting drunk on the streets, holding x to get the most from each bottle, haha. Then when I run out its to the bottle o to star somewhere new, and of course you run into things along the way.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Do not click the red button

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Get tank
kill players
receive hatemail
hand out butthurt forms

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Pippin' like a reticle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

I find a motorcycle (I might just buy a Hexer for such an event) and go on a Sawed Off rampage, seeing how many pedestrians I can take out on Vinewood Boulevard before the cops get me. Listening to Radio X is not required but is fitting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users