Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

No, just no.
I laughed my ass off when i heard that COD ghosts was released on the Wii U.
  • Detective Phelps and TaviColen123 like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

A Wii U is more than capable of running GTA V, maybe at 60 FPS, but it's just not profitable <3

The only games it runs at that speed is Mario, Sonic and Zelda.

LOL.

As far as I know.. the Wii U has better hardware than the PS3 and 360.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Oh, and why is that pal? Because you dont want it to happen, or because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

There are very few 18+ games on the wii U anyway, so it is not a good idea for R* to release the game for the Wii U.

If you ask me, R* should focus on making the game for PC (which has a larger fanbase, by far) instead of a console that is aimed at kids/families. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

R* would probably lose money if they ported to the Wii U. No way they'd make a lot of money, at least.

On top of that, Nintendo's Online is pure garbage. So, yeah...there's that.

• poklane, Bonnano and Detective Phelps like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

R* would probably lose money if they ported to the Wii U. 

Of course! The majority of games on the Wii U are not for adult audiences.

Those games that are on the Wii U and are 18+ don't do really well, compared to other platforms.

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

The issue is profitability, not hardware or censorship.

Nintendo doesn't censor games and has no problem with M rated titles since 1999. The Wii U is more than capable of running GTA V.

It's just that it's not selling well.

• Detective Phelps likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Do people actually have a Wii U?  That's more of a waste of money than buying the new gen when the old gen will still be supported for at least a few years.  PS2's were stopped being built in 2012.  Thats 12 years since it was released.

7csc
  • 7csc

Trick

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

I really don't think so. I don't know how the graphics look on wii but I don't think it could support a game like V

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

I really don't think so. I don't know how the graphics look on wii but I don't think it could support a game like V

It could most likely play V better than the 360 and PS3.

The problem isn't hardware. It's sales.

• 7csc likes this

7csc
  • 7csc

Trick

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

It could most likely play V better than the 360 and PS3.

The problem isn't hardware. It's sales.

Oh ok then, thanks for for the info.   :^:

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

Wii U came much after PS3 and X360 and was build with more powerful hardware then those two.
Original Wii was way less powerful but sold a lot due to original controller and fun games. But Nintendo felt they need to catch up to HD era of PS3 and X360 so they released Wii U which may be powerful, but it failed to attract any major AAA titles to cross over (apart from CoD and a very few others), and it also sold poorly. Therefore, while it is better than PS3 and X360 in terms of hardware, it has too low of an audience, and no ''mature'' games ever go there, as mostly kid and family friendly games go to Nintendo's platform.

That's why GTA won't be there, there isn't enough audience, and what little audience there is, it isn't GTA audience.

• rotsredstar likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

That's why GTA won't be there, there isn't enough audience, and what little audience there is, it isn't GTA audience.

Nor is it old enough to play.

Cloud Strife VII
  • Cloud Strife VII

Ex-Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

I want my Wii-U to run not pull a gun on itself and blow its processor away. :lol:

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:39 AM

A little more insight:

http://www.ign.com/a...quite-there-yet

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

That's hilarious, because Take-Two is a part of the problem then.

"We won't make games till they have abigger customer base." But in order to get a bigger customer base, the WiiU needs third party support.

90% of gamers are retarded, and think that cartoony graphics and colorful spectrums mean that the game is aimed only at children.

Guess what idiots, Nintendo isn't just for kids.
  • rotsredstar likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Then what is Mario, Zelda, Sonic, Donkey Kong for you absolute nincompoop? Like any 15 year old + would play such a childish game. It was a thing back in the day, now it's a MILKED business.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:30 PM Edited by ll rdny ll, 07 February 2014 - 04:36 PM.

Thank you for proving my point.

Colorful graphics = Kiddie Games
Average Gamer = Retard

Mario Games, while relatively easy, can still present some great game play. There may be no story, but what it lacks there it makes up in gameplay.

Zelda games, are still some of the funnest puzzle/adventure games I've ever played. Story, and gameplay are stellar in this series.

Donkey Kong, may be one of the most challenging and infuriating games in existence. Sure there are easy options which make the game a little less challenging, but overall its a very good series.

Sonic isn't even Nintendo, so congrats on that bud.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

You're telling me Sonic isn't on Nintendo consoles? How pathetic. You defend their games buy saying they are good games, when they aren't, only for kids anyway, and now you think Sonic isn't a part of their libraries? You've lost it.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Thank you for proving my point.

Colorful graphics = Kiddie Games
Average Gamer = Retard

Mario Games, while relatively easy, can still present some great game play. There may be no story, but what it lacks there it makes up in gameplay.

Zelda games, are still some of the funnest puzzle/adventure games I've ever played. Story, and gameplay are stellar in this series.

Donkey Kong, may be one of the most challenging and infuriating games in existence. Sure there are easy options which make the game a little less challenging, but overall its a very good series.

Sonic isn't even Nintendo, so congrats on that bud.

Still, these games are for children, not for a more mature audience (like with GTA).

There are very few 18+ games on the Wii U, and those that are often sell poorly compared to their PS3/360 versions (if the game is multi platform). The Wii U needs an older audience, as well as more sales, before R* will even think of bringing the game to the Wii U.

As for now, it looks like a GTA on the Wii U is highly unlikely. Hell, even Ubisoft are giving up on the system. 

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:37 PM Edited by ll rdny ll, 07 February 2014 - 05:37 PM.

That's because the M rated games are created so poorly that their not worth buying. ZombiU was terrible, and the rating of a game means absolutely nothing. Just ammunition for biased people to judge. Have you played any of the recent Nintendo games? Have you played anything other than shooters in the past 7 years?

Just because Nintendo games aren't shooters doesnt mean they're for kids. Grow up.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 07 February 2014 - 05:54 PM.

That's because the M rated games are created so poorly that their not worth buying. ZombiU was terrible, and the rating of a game means absolutely nothing. Just ammunition for biased people to judge. Have you played any of the recent Nintendo games? Have you played anything other than shooters in the past 7 years?

Just because Nintendo games aren't shooters doesnt mean they're for kids. Grow up.

Shooters? Who the f*ck is talking about shooters? They are pretty much the worst in gaming genre. COD, Battlefield, Crysis, some of the most repetitive FPS games ever made. We're talking about "real" games, like proper third party games. Open world games, linear games with excellent gameplay as well as story.  Mario is for 3-10 year olds. Enough said.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 07 February 2014 - 06:14 PM.

Have you played any of the recent Nintendo games? Have you played anything other than shooters in the past 7 years?

1) Yes, at a mate's house, but I stopped after 2 hours. The games are always the same. They really need to innovate, even more than COD does. :lol:

2) Yes. Just because I don't have a Wii U, it doesn't mean that I only play first person shooters. Stop generalising people that do not use a nintendo platform as their main system. I mostly play RPGs (Fallout NV and Skyrim), and open-world games (GTA, Mafia, AC and RDR), but I play little big planet and FIFA from time to time!

A good game doesn't have to be a shooter. ;)

The only first person shooters I have are Battlefield 3 and Black ops 1... and I haven't played on either of them for well over a year.

What? The vast majority of the games made by Nintendo are 3+! Just because you deny it doesn't hide the fact that most nintendo games are for a young demographic.

That's because the M rated games are created so poorly that their not worth buying. ZombiU was terrible

Not really. There are a lot of good games rated 18+. 

L.A Noire, RDR, MP3, GTA (all of them, obviously :p ), Fallout, Mafia,Yakuza games, Hitman, Prototype, AC(since III), TLOU and Far cry 3 are all excellent games.

Notice one thing? Only a few of them are even on the Wii U! (Fc3 and the new ACs, both by Ubisoft, who are now giving up on the Wii U)

the rating of a game means absolutely nothing.

It does. The majority of games on the Wii U are aimed at kids. GTA V is 18+. A game aimed for mature gamers will not succeed on a console aimed at a children/family audience. In addition, the Wii U is selling poorly, so R* are not going to release GTA V on the Wii U.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Okay, okay, okay, okay.

Calm down, guise. First off, I would like to point out that I like Nintendo and that I'm a fan of their games.

Now, as MasterFocker was saying, R* most likely WON'T be releasing V on the Wii U, not because of the audience, but because of its sales. The Wii U isn't selling well, and, R*, like any other game company, cares about profit. So, because the Wii U's sales are crap, this means that many people WON'T buy the game and so, R* won't be gaining profit. 

I would just like to point out that FranklinDeRoosevelt's logic is flawed. How do you know that the Wii U is for kids? Sure, it's targeted towards them, but this still doesn't mean that kids only play it. Hell, my 30 year old cousin only plays Nintendo games. I'm just waiting for you to tell me that he's a softie and is a manchild. 

Sonic isn't even a franchise that Nintendo owns, Sega owns it, they just release their games on the Wii U because they're friendly companies.

Zelda is an awesome puzzle game and I would still play Twilight Princess over any Gta game. It's that good.

Donkey Kong is one of the most difficult games out there and is definitely worth playing.

The Mario RPGs are the best games out there. More specifically, the Paper Mario series. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favourite game, and easily tops any GTA game.

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

The Mario RPGs are the best games out there. More specifically, the Paper Mario series. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favourite game, and easily tops any GTA game.

Even your precious GTA V? :O

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

Even your precious GTA V? :O

Yup. Even Gta V. That game is so awesome that I'm gonna play it right fu*king now! 

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by ll rdny ll, 07 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

@LSPD - You have a very minimal understanding of the English language, or you just can't read.

I didn't say M(18+) are bad, I was talking about the WiiU, why on earth would i jump to a comparison to all games in general if i'm just talking about the WiiU. Hell I even referenced an M rated WiiU game. soo.....

Shooters, and First Person Shooters are different things. GTA is a shooter, for example.

The WiiU is not aimed at kids. It is aimed at Families, but so is the Xbox One and PS4, Xbox360, and PS3. This is nothing to compare against. GTA has just as much right to be on WiiU as it does on Xbox,PS3, and PC. 

You're also glossing over the point, which has been proven by you and the others bashing the WiiU.

Gamers are massive idiots, and think that colorful games are meant for children. Without Third-Party Support, the WiiU is doomed, because the majority of people are massive idiots who think that colorful games are meant for children. So they won't buy the WiiU because 'F*ck That, I'm a big boy!!!' and Third Party companies won't produce games for the console because it's not selling.

Blood and Guts and Guns do not make a game good. A Mature rating does not make a game good.

• Captain Arthur likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

GTA a shooter? It's a third person action game. Jesus christ :sui:

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

Blood and Guts and Guns do not make a game good. A Mature rating does not make a game good.

100% agree. Most gamers nowadays think that shooters = Mature games and Colourful games = Games for kiddies

This seems to be the logic of many gamers and it saddens me that they think this way.

• rotsredstar likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Will GTA V come to Wii U?

f*ck no

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users