Why no one joins missions ?

46 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Everytime I invite people no one ever joins.

And I dont invite to sh*tty jobs just the good ones and still no one joins. All the time I end up playing the missions solo . 

Is it just me lol 

Garygoodnight
  • Garygoodnight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

all i play are missions anymore what system you on

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

If you have not noticed, most players nowdays are just mindless murderers. The concept of "team" and assisting is alien to them.

Once I realized how many sad sacks were only interested in money glitches, I knew mission play was going to suffer the most.
  • ham_hands and NuklerGhost101838 like this

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

I don't join randoms as I've had enough of griefing and AFK's that screw it up, I want to finish them fast and move on to the next one. If you want to do missions and no PVP free roam, I'm on PS3, pm me.

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Im on PS3 usually all day. Every now and then people will join but Id think if you throw rooftop rumble out there people would jump all over it for the rp and money. I guess people get tired of trying to rank up and just wanna play and mess around. I know I am sick of it haha Rank 90 in 20 days. Im dyin ova here. 

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Nah, you're just unloved :)

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Because people are busy griefing other players in free roam or doing some glitches

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Add me up. PSN TeammateAssist, GMT +8

I'm only available on weekends, but I REALLY want to do missions. If I don't accept or I don't show, either I'm lagging or I found a super sweet car on a street. Or also someone else invited first.

Either way I should be in your game in under a minute. Ditch me if I'm not. I'm probably lagging so bad.

AlynFate
  • AlynFate

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:48 PM Edited by AlynFate, 05 February 2014 - 02:49 PM.

Because playing with random people is too risky, I don't mean mission fail, but they will kill you after finished the mission back to free roam.

So I only play with my friend.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

GTAO IS A MASTERPIECE. PERIOD.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

I do RR solo on hard because teammates die and I only got 2 chances.

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

If I have nothing better to do, I'm always joining missions and DMs for money and fun. However, if I'm hanging out with a friend or something, then I'll just ignore the invites that come up. You're probably coming up against similar attitudes and scenarios.

Garygoodnight
  • Garygoodnight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

ill play any mission really just trying to hang in there before i lose to much interest or better games drop gary_goodnight on the ps3

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Because playing with random people is too risky, I don't mean mission fail, but they will kill you after finished the mission back to free roam.

If you choose the free roam option with others at the end of the mission you all end up in the same session.

Just leave the lobby during vote screen, you will go back to the session you were in.
  • SAUL_SILVER and vipprimo like this

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

I cant even join a session lately, let alone a g'damn mission

• dandann93 likes this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:57 PM Edited by gpcguy1, 05 February 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Missions are boring so there's no need for me to play them.
  • huckmonkey and djmatao like this

T-Offline
  • T-Offline

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

I havent a answer for you, but if you dont have a problem with quite guys (no mic), you can add me. 1 or 2 mission per day i would like to do. My psn is : G.Town-Rebell or G-Town.Rebell 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

I personally find that if you are in a Free Aim mission nobody ever joins, however if you are in a Auto Aim mission there are always a number of people to play with.

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by rob602pa, 05 February 2014 - 03:21 PM.

If its hosting I go in with the idea I am ready to play alone or get low levels that don't help much.

I Join random. A few things may happen so expect to be meh mode. Lol.

-You will get kicked if all same crew sometimes or a couple friends. Sometimes I just back out if mics on and I can tell or they sound like tards.
-You will get people that quit during game. Especially survival as it's long.
- Finally, and sometimes u get lucky right away (last night) you will get one and eventually a group that is good and likes missions. Then you can roll all evening and not have to grind one,and it doesn't feel like grinding seeing how these other players do the missions.

It happens more often as that's how I play. Players will keep rolling mission and even do the occasional race or other type of mission just to stick together and keep the screen coming up to find missions.

I accept some friends like this and then u have decent list of like minded, good players. Very few of these players will kill u in free even if u have a bounty. Most will help fight hunters for the fun as they already earned for the night.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

You have NAT type 1 or 2? If yes, it's weird..Try with "Invite players with the same ranking as you"

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Does this always happen . I very rarely find myself in this position . Maybe twice that I can remember . I think I usually quit rather than go to free roam . 

The failed missions kill me and waste soooo much time . People are always blowin sh*t up haha ..Sometimes I feel im better off playing alone. 

Usually I do , I will just replay R missions and check my phone for anything good when im done and go right back to the R missions if nothing pops up . 

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Try quick joining missions or just leaving the matchmaking open as the host but do not auto invite. I have had good success with both these techniques when it comes to enjoying missions with other randoms. Before verified jobs it wouldn't take long to find a group of players that wanted to keep doing missions together. Now you can go through all 3 job screens without a single mission appearing thus breaking up these groups and ruining the fun. R* needs to place icons for the missions on the map IMO. This would allow players to join specific missions directly from the map as opposed to quick joining a random mission or selecting from the few on your phone. This would also lead to a more realistic perspective on which jobs are truly popular with the players as opposed to the extremely flawed vote system. Flawed in R* favor of course.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

I personally find that if you are in a Free Aim mission nobody ever joins, however if you are in a Auto Aim mission there are always a number of people to play with.

Strangely, I find the opposite, at least when using the Quick Job option:  In Auto Aim it is generally deathmatches and races, but with Free Aim there are many more people doing missions (and I'm not just talking about Coveted!)

AlynFate
  • AlynFate

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Does this always happen . I very rarely find myself in this position . Maybe twice that I can remember . I think I usually quit rather than go to free roam . 

The failed missions kill me and waste soooo much time . People are always blowin sh*t up haha ..Sometimes I feel im better off playing alone. 

Usually I do , I will just replay R missions and check my phone for anything good when im done and go right back to the R missions if nothing pops up . 

I always playing mission with my friends so not much with random, I guess maybe like a total of 30~40 times, and I get shot at least 10 times, like 1/4 of chance someone is going to kill you.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Best way to tell if it's going to work is in the pre-game lobby: do they have a mic, and how well they communicate. If they don't answer, have music playing, or talk like a braindead zombie, odds are they're going to cause problems. We shoot the sh*t, but when it's go time we're all business, and we expect the same of anyone joining us.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

I don't have much trouble finding people to do the high paying missions, even Landing Gear which takes 4 people usually has 4 in a few minutes.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I think its the match making.

I always host jobs and never get anyone... Yet when i 'join' i always find players.

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I have not done any missions with randoms yet.  I'm paranoid about the behavior I tend to see in free roam, I guess.  Maybe I'll try it out and see?

I just solo them, so I have quite a few I have not attempted yet (the missions that require 2+ people).  How does it work when you join a random mission you've never done?  As a team that doesn't know each other, with one or more who has not done the mission, how is the workload typically divided?  How do you guys handle the communication thing?

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Do people really get that upset if they fail a mission?

It's something that has never really bothered me, in fact one of the best laughs i've had was failing a very easy mission around four or five times due to mixture of foolishness and bad luck, he was a random and tried to add me afterwards but i resisted as he seemed to be lagging.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:05 PM Edited by Vooodu, 05 February 2014 - 05:17 PM.

I have not done any missions with randoms yet.  I'm paranoid about the behavior I tend to see in free roam, I guess.  Maybe I'll try it out and see?

You can tell in a few seconds to minutes how good the randoms will be.

If they wait for players at the start of the mission chances are they got your back through the entire mission.

If the run up to you locked PV and start kicking it because they can't get it.  Chances are they are gonna be useless.

I can't even count how many times i've ended up with  noobs angry that he can't get into my locked PV at the start of a mission..   They start shooting or kicking or sticky bombing my PV while i casually walk over, push them out of the way, get in, run them over and leave them.

I said HE because no way in hell any female could be that stupid..lol

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

I just solo them, so I have quite a few I have not attempted yet (the missions that require 2+ people).  How does it work when you join a random mission you've never done?  As a team that doesn't know each other, with one or more who has not done the mission, how is the workload typically divided?  How do you guys handle the communication thing?

I've never used a mic, and I'm generally a random who turns up to missions.  If it's a mission I've done before, I generally do what I'd do if I did the mission alone, but adapt to what other players are doing (e.g. In Judging the Jury, I wait to see which jurors the other players are going after so we don't all go after the same ones).  If it's a mission I haven't played before, I follow the mission prompts, and also follow the lead of other players (e.g. even if I'm set up in a sniper position with a shot lined up, I wait for the other players to make the first shot, in case they're getting into position or whatever).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users