Weapons information By Game files

206 replies to this topic
KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Gangsta

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

How about head shot multipliers for players wearing bulletproof helmets? Also I swear that the combat mg has higher lock on range than the rifles. Anyone want to test it with me on the Xbox 360?
Also what happened to the ap pistol and heavy sniper now? It feels like they do less damage and the rate of fire is less. Anything happen to them within the past few patches?

I tested this against gang members in one of the Gerald (who?) missions.
Locked on a member of the lost before the AI was aware I was there so he was stationary. The lock on range for MG's and AR's is identical, which was a surprise to me 'cause I too was sure that the MG's had a longer lock on range.
  • PsychoGamer likes this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

Testing the range on the new shotgun vs the assault shotgun, they both shoot the exact same distance. Even though the heavy shotgun claims more range. I used a barrier as my line to shoot from and a cargo truck to show the damage. Once I moved the exact same distance back, the truck would no longer take any visual damage from either gun

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

How about head shot multipliers for players wearing bulletproof helmets? Also I swear that the combat mg has higher lock on range than the rifles. Anyone want to test it with me on the Xbox 360?
Also what happened to the ap pistol and heavy sniper now? It feels like they do less damage and the rate of fire is less. Anything happen to them within the past few patches?

I tested this against gang members in one of the Gerald (who?) missions.
Locked on a member of the lost before the AI was aware I was there so he was stationary. The lock on range for MG's and AR's is identical, which was a surprise to me 'cause I too was sure that the MG's had a longer lock on range.

Yeah my testing has shown the same results. Has anyone else tested the special carbine rate of fire yet? I tried to test it with a stop watch app but my results weren't so accurate.
Also does the suppressor reduce damage in anyway?

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

Excellent post OP and lovely spreadsheet Ankarstrom. /thumbs up

Using ONLY the fire rate and damage values I worked out a simple DPS value for each weapon.

AP is 400
AK is 190
Carbine is 237
Advanced is 283
MG is 219
Combat MG is 296

Now these numbers obviously aren't definitive cause range etc isn't taken into account, but is the AP that OP? I think it may be, in my experience nothing bar the minigun is as effective against a close heli.
Also the figures suggest the MG is not that useful which I would agree with.

Heavy sniper rifle. One bullet. Ezpz. Also the LMG's do a decent enough job even if you're spraying them. In fact as long as you aim decently anything will really do the job. Hell, even if you spray your heavy sniper rifle you'll take down a helicopter in a few seconds, even though it's a talent-less act.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:32 PM

Do suppressors reduce damage?

funmw2
  • funmw2

Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by funmw2, 09 October 2014 - 09:45 PM.

Do suppressors reduce damage?

It reduce DamageModifier for your weapon .

DamageModifier get increased when you use the bull shark testosterone or deathmatch killstreak .

But also reduce damage for some weapons like heavy sniper .

<NetworkPlayerDamageModifier value="1.390000" />
Using suppressor :
<NetworkPlayerDamageModifier value="1.000000" />

I think this is how it works however i can't confirm it .

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:28 PM

Anyone else test the special carbine?
  • manicmechanic71 likes this

PSMP666
  • PSMP666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:24 PM Edited by PSMP666, 19 October 2014 - 07:25 PM.

I know its hard to belive but the weapons rate of fire does not match the game files, you can test it yourself with a 60 round extended clip and a stopwatch, it should be enough to see the difference.

But since you having a hard time testing it here is a video of someone who did the test:

http://youtu.be/JLZf5l9N1ss?t=4m37s

You will see in the chart bps (bullets per second) 9.3 for the special and 8.36 for both the carbine and advanced. It matches my own personal testing.

I should note that his bullets to kill test is flawed because he shot many players with diferent levels and that gives you diferent results.

Also, like i said in my previous post, the silencer does not reduce damage or the effects of the bull shark item. It does however have a negative effect on the new Marksman Rifle when shooting online players ONLY. Against a level 324 player it kills with 3 shots to the chest or 4 to the limbs, with the silencer it goes to 4 to the chest or 5 to the limbs. I assume its because the Snipers have a 39% damage bonus against online players ONLY, the silencer removes that bonus but not other damage bonus like the bull shark item or death streak in deathmatches.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

As mentioned above, the fire rates are incredibly slow with the carbines being about 500-550 Rounds per minute and the assault rifle at a sluggish 380 Rounds per minute (basically semi auto speed). The fire rates need to be improved since most assault rifles these days fire 650-900 RPMs

Calculation used is:

time per shot value= time between shots in seconds ex 0.2 = 0.2s gap between shots

1s / (time per shot value)= shots per second

(shots per second) * 60s = shots per minute

funmw2
  • funmw2

Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

Also, like i said in my previous post, the silencer does not reduce damage or the effects of the bull shark item. It does however have a negative effect on the new Marksman Rifle when shooting online players ONLY. Against a level 324 player it kills with 3 shots to the chest or 4 to the limbs, with the silencer it goes to 4 to the chest or 5 to the limbs. I assume its because the Snipers have a 39% damage bonus against online players ONLY, the silencer removes that bonus but not other damage bonus like the bull shark item or death streak in deathmatches.

The silencer reduce your weapon damage modifier to 1 .

Marksman damage modifier :

With silencer value="1.000000" .

I'm not sure about the bull shark item because it use a native to change your weapons damage modifier not only one weapon .

• D.A. likes this

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

It's just hard for me to believe but I did some stop watch testing on my own but my results were inconsistent due to my own human errors as its rather difficult to hit the start and stop buttons at the same time everytime.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:49 PM

I know its hard to belive but the weapons rate of fire does not match the game files, you can test it yourself with a 60 round extended clip and a stopwatch, it should be enough to see the difference.
But since you having a hard time testing it here is a video of someone who did the test:

http://youtu.be/JLZf5l9N1ss?t=4m37s

You will see in the chart bps (bullets per second) 9.3 for the special and 8.36 for both the carbine and advanced. It matches my own personal testing.
I should note that his bullets to kill test is flawed because he shot many players with diferent levels and that gives you diferent results.

Oh yeah I was about to say why is the carbine killing so fast in his tests? Anyone test the carbine vs special carbine in term's of damage?

PSMP666
  • PSMP666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:51 PM Edited by PSMP666, 20 October 2014 - 02:07 PM.

The silencer reduce your weapon damage modifier to 1 .

Marksman damage modifier :

With silencer value="1.000000" .

I'm not sure about the bull shark item because it use a native to change your weapons damage modifier not only one weapon .

Thank you just proved my point: NetworkPlayerDamageModifier = Online Player Damage Multiplier

This is the damage modifier for the Bullpup rifle you posted: <NetworkPlayerDamageModifier value="1.000000" />

If the silencer value is "1.000000" this means there is no change in damage on AR´s.

The same goes for the Heavy Shotgun: <NetworkPlayerDamageModifier value="1.000000" />

Im sure the same value is on all weapons except the Sniper rifles but sadly it isnt posted on the OP.

It would be cool if you posted this code for all weapons not just the Bullpup rifle: 

<DamageFallOffRangeMin value="47.500000" />
<DamageFallOffRangeMax value="120.000000" />
<DamageFallOffModifier value="0.300000" />

This would give us a better idea whats the actual range of the weapons and how much damage they lose over range.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

Can someone tell me if the rate of fire of the special carbine is higher than the combat mg? I'm not exactly sure how to test this. Also the damage drop off between the two.

PSMP666
  • PSMP666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

Can someone tell me if the rate of fire of the special carbine is higher than the combat mg? I'm not exactly sure how to test this. Also the damage drop off between the two.

The rate of fire of the special is higher than the combat mg (9.3 bps VS 8.54 bps) http://youtu.be/Nr5zIVGHDsA?t=3m23s

Unlike his previous video the bullet test for the MG's is accurate, he shot a high level player only, it matches the results i got from my testing (combat mg 8 body shots, 10 for the limbs).

I know this is going to be hard to believe but... the MG's have 3 diferent rate of fire:

- Without Scope

- Scope Equiped

- Shooting from the side of a chopper or Granger SUV

The highest rate of fire is when you have the scope equiped. And before you ask, this is for MG's only, no diference on AR's.

As for the damage drop off, on my testing all AR's, the mg and Combat mg seem to have the same value since the number of shots to kill increased at the same distance (i used multiple objects in a created deathmatch to measure the distance).

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

This is all well and good, but the question is, how many hit points do players have in GTA V? The usual value in games is 100 but the Heavy Sniper does over 200 damage so it's got to be a higher value.

PSMP666
  • PSMP666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:14 PM Edited by PSMP666, 21 October 2014 - 01:16 PM.

This is all well and good, but the question is, how many hit points do players have in GTA V? The usual value in games is 100 but the Heavy Sniper does over 200 damage so it's got to be a higher value.

Assuming that the damage values of the weapon files are correct a player above level 100 as around 230 hit points (or a bit higher).

An assault smg deals 23 damage and it takes 10 body shots to kill (23dmg X 10 shots = 230hp), a carbine/special/bullpup/Combat mg takes 8 body shots to kill so damage is higher than 224 (32dmg X 7 shots = 224hp).

• Rerxelend likes this

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Does this change over range though?

PSMP666
  • PSMP666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by PSMP666, 4 weeks ago.

You mean damage drop off?

All bullet weapons lose damage over range except the snipers and the assault smg.

This is the damage drop off code for the Bullpup rifle posted by funmw2:

This means that the damage starts to drop at 47.5 all the way to 120. (max lock on range is 65 so it starts losing damage before that)

Bullpup rifle damage is 32 and at the edge of its max range (120) its 32 X 0.300000 = 9.6 damage.

Im not sure if the GTA game engine rounds numbers down like Call of Duty, but if it does its 9 damage (9dmg X  26 body shots = 234 hp).

I havent been able to do a proper max range test with AR's but i was killing in 14 body shots instead of 8 at some point, so weapons do lose ALOT damage over range.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

All bullet weapons lose damage over range except the snipers and the assault smg.

This means that the damage starts to drop at 47.5 all the way to 120. (max lock on range is 65 so it starts losing damage before that)
Bullpup rifle damage is 32 and at the edge of its max range (120) its 32 X 0.300000 = 9.6 damage.
Im not sure if the GTA game engine rounds numbers down like Call of Duty, but if it does its 9 damage (9dmg X  26 body shots = 234 hp).
I havent been able to do a proper max range test with AR's but i was killing in 14 body shots instead of 8 at some point, so weapons do lose ALOT damage over range.

So then maybe that's where the power of the mgs come into play maybe they have less damage drop off compared to the rifles.

Dustkiller
  • Dustkiller

Friggin a-hoel

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

DAAAMN

Thanks man, this is so useful for modding

AT LAST!! some people that actually understands how the game works

PSMP666
  • PSMP666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 weeks ago

So then maybe that's where the power of the mgs come into play maybe they have less damage drop off compared to the rifles.

Nope, i just tested the max range of the AR's and MG's and both were doing the same damage.

It was 24 shots to the chest with Combat mg/carbine/Bullpup/special near the edge of max range. This means that they were doing the 9.6 damage i mentioned above (9.6 dmg X 24 shots = 230.4 hp).

Beyond that range (120) they deal NO DAMAGE.

To give you an idea whats 120 range, its from the start of the senora desert airstrip (tarmac) untill it forks into 2 landing strips (about 1/5 of the main runway lenght).

Seriously, if your going to shot someone at that range just use a heavy sniper or marksman rifle. I think that the combat mg is great for survival or missions against AI because of the 200 round ammo box, but for deathmatches or killing other players in free mode better use a special or advanced for mid range only.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well the mgs also do more damage against vehicles so that could be useful. I wonder if the special carbine will get patched because the rate of fire seems drastically higher than anything else

PSMP666
  • PSMP666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well the mgs also do more damage against vehicles so that could be useful. I wonder if the special carbine will get patched because the rate of fire seems drastically higher than anything else

Sorry but no. I also did the test against a fire truck and shot the front engine area until it catch fire and it was 32 shots at close range, 105 at max range for Combat mg/special/bullpup/carbine.

COPY & PASTE.

I doubt Rockstar is going to patch the special carbine, the rate of fire isnt really that high. There are far more unbalanced weapons like the AP pistol and the Combat shotgun, the latter is truly overpowered.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

They already patched the ap pistol I believe. What's the rate of fire with the ap pistol compared to the special carbine or time to kill?

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 4 weeks ago

The weapons seem pathetically weak. In IV, the Assault rifles could easily take down a player in 2-3 shots (full health no armour) and just double that with armour. They should have learned from GTA IV, but nope....

PSMP666
  • PSMP666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 weeks ago

@Forgoten214

I must remind you that all my testing was done on PS3 and its possible that there is a small diference in rate of fire on Xbox considering that most dont match the game files.

Having said that, an AP pistol kills a level 324 player in 9 body shots, time between shots is 0.100ms (just like the game code) so its a 0.800 ttk. The special carbine its 8 body shots at around 0.116ms so its 0.812 ttk.  Advanced is 7 shots at around 0.126ms so its 0.756 ttk, theres barely any diference between AR´s and AP pistol. However, the AP starts losing damage over range before the AR's and its less accurate, so AR's and MG's have the advantage.

What makes AP unbalanced for me its as a drive-by weapon, it overpowers all other pistols and micro smg (even the other smg's as a run & gun weapon).

For balancing Rockstar should buff all other pistols and smg's as right now they are useless.

In GTA smg's were always underpowered AR's, the only usefull one was the micro smg for drive-by shooting. It looks to me that Rockstar designed the game so that we get better weapons as we level so there is no need for balance, well... until they started adding DLC weapons without level requirement to unlock. Personaly i would like a bit more balancing, whats the point on adding a Heavy shotgun that gets beat by the Combat shotgun? Im not even going to talk about the useless pistols...

@Winning001

Its not the weapons that are weak, its the absurd amount of health players have (around 230hp), add the fact that if you hit the limbs its -20% damage, -75% for the Heavy sniper (yes a heavy sniper takes 4 shots to kill if you hit the limbs). For this reason pro players go for headshots only but i find it very annoying that this game turns into a headshot only mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users