Weapons information By Game files

550 replies to this topic
Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Lover of cake!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

So I was enabled access to edit the spreadsheet originally created by this dude "Mike Overbo". There may still be some omissions or errors as the last update was apparently from 1.37. If anyone's interested enough to check it out - if you do spot any mistakes, be sure to let us know. Thanks. 

https://docs.google....VaZkh1pnYc7L_s/

There's some information about the various weapons that's omitted, that I'd like to include - but I've started my own spreadsheet for that just in case I'm "stepping on toes". 

How is the advanced rifle more accurate than the rest according to the stats but in game it's less accurate than the special carbine?
Not 100% sure but I don't think in game stats have ever been accurate, at least cars haven't been that I think

Yeah but from a lot of people's "real world" (in-game) tests, shooting at a wall from the same distance for example, the Special Carbine doesn't seem to spread it's ammunition as much as the Advanced Rifle, even when the Advanced Rifle - due to a smaller number for "Accuracy Spread" - should actually be more accurate. 

TheIceWarrior
  • TheIceWarrior

Semiserio

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:51 AM Edited by TheIceWarrior, 28 June 2017 - 10:56 AM.

If I have really good mouse aim, always aim at the head, and fight against NPCs 99% of the time as opposed to other players, which of these 5 options is the one I should go with?
1. Assault Rifle MkII with Silencer
2. Assault Rifle MkII with Muzzle Break
3. Carbine Rifle MkII with Silencer
4. Carbine Rifle MkII with Muzzle Break
5. a different weapon in that slot

Special carbine with suppressor and drum
What makes the special carbine with suppressor and drum better than the carbine rifle mk2 with silencer?
Actually, I would use the Carbine MK II with Silencer now: More accurate, less bullets to kill (10 vs 11) and pretty much same ROF compared to the Special Carbine. Plus, I always recommend the standard magazines since you are just going to waste ammo if you die.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:26 AM Edited by AUScowboy, 28 June 2017 - 11:26 AM.

I don't need a spreadsheet to tell me the hierarchy of useful guns. It's simple enough to figure out by just playing the game a lot. Kinda like we used to do back in the day. For instance, the rate of fire is definitely faster on the Mk2 Combat MG than the original, but they read exactly the same in the files. Pyrerealm has a video showcasing the difference in ROF, which is pretty noticeable.

Vicarious Mind
  • Vicarious Mind

Gun Runner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

If I have really good mouse aim, always aim at the head, and fight against NPCs 99% of the time as opposed to other players, which of these 5 options is the one I should go with?

What makes the special carbine with suppressor and drum better than the carbine rifle mk2 with silencer?
Actually, I would use the Carbine MK II with Silencer now: More accurate, less bullets to kill (10 vs 11) and pretty much same ROF compared to the Special Carbine. Plus, I always recommend the standard magazines since you are just going to waste ammo if you die.

Why the suppressor and not muzzle brake?

fryday
  • fryday

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

i ask myself:

since we got explosive rounds for the heavy MK2 sniper and silencer reduces damage (on bullets), will decrease a silencer the explosive damage too?

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Lover of cake!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:06 PM

i ask myself:

since we got explosive rounds for the heavy MK2 sniper and silencer reduces damage (on bullets), will decrease a silencer the explosive damage too?

No, suppressors don't reduce damage. 

So anyway, I updated the spreadsheet found here after having decided to completely forego whatever damage statistics the relevant file(s) state, because it's not necessarily accurate from what happens in-game: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Some interesting results, where you can see the AP Pistol is only ever-so-slightly better than the other automatic pistols. The 36 round extended magazine will do 900 damage in total, whilst the Machine Pistol with 30 round drum will do 892 damage in total.

I've been testing by using Menyoo-SP on the PC version of the game, spawning in Trevor (several times), setting their health to 1000 and seeing how much damage is taken off from every shot. I've tested the different types of ammunition extensively too, but I'll put that in a different table. 

UtterTehSEAL
  • UtterTehSEAL

This is the victory we longed for.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

Huh I'm no expert but just looking at the files leads me to believe the Assault Rifle MK.II would be the best of the AR category but in practice it certainly isn't. The Carbine Rifle MK.II feels to be the superior option in terms of ARs.

Vicarious Mind
  • Vicarious Mind

Gun Runner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

i ask myself:

No, suppressors don't reduce damage. 

So anyway, I updated the spreadsheet found here after having decided to completely forego whatever damage statistics the relevant file(s) state, because it's not necessarily accurate from what happens in-game: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
Some interesting results, where you can see the AP Pistol is only ever-so-slightly better than the other automatic pistols. The 36 round extended magazine will do 900 damage in total, whilst the Machine Pistol with 30 round drum will do 892 damage in total.

I've been testing by using Menyoo-SP on the PC version of the game, spawning in Trevor (several times), setting their health to 1000 and seeing how much damage is taken off from every shot. I've tested the different types of ammunition extensively too, but I'll put that in a different table. 

Do you use suppressor on the AP pistol? Also it feels that the suppressor on the carbine mk2 actually has less recoil and more accurate than the carbine mk2 with the muzzle brake, have you noticed this? Does the suppressor have the same or more recoil reducing values as the muzzle brakes?

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Lover of cake!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:21 AM Edited by Gaffa™, 03 July 2017 - 12:35 AM.

I was thinking of taking the suppressor off the AP Pistol and putting one on the Machine Pistol, but I think I like the sound of the MP too much. 

Unfortunately I can only go off the game files for that, with the following info (in other words, the suppressor really shouldn't change recoil shake etc). 

ezNVB3h.jpg

EDIT: 

People are also adamant that all the new Mk.2 weapons actually have a faster rate of fire too, but the YouTube videos I've seen on it (not done personal tests with a timer yet) show that they have the same ROF as their original model. 

Really strange. 

• Vicarious Mind likes this

bombkangaroo
  • bombkangaroo

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

Do we have the actual stats for the Muzzle Brakes anywhere, I've been over this thread a couple of times and can't seem to find any. 

Also, do we know if the new suppressors have the same DamageModifier value of 1.0 as the regular ones, and am I correct in believing that it overrides the PlayerNetworkDamageModifier on the weapon to which it is attached? 

TheIceWarrior
  • TheIceWarrior

Semiserio

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Why the suppressor and not muzzle brake?
Sorry for being so late at replying. The main reason is that suppressors drastically decrease the distance at which you pop up on the radar of other players during PVP activities (Deathmatches, LTS, etc.). Add this to the fact that Assault Rifles are already accurate enough within their effective ranges without Muzzle Brakes anyway (I can easily headshot someone with an Assault Rifle MK II without even an angled grip equipped, so pretty much everything else should be fine.) and you can see why I recommend the suppressor instead of muzzle brakes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users