Quantcast

» «
Photo

Forum Topic: What Does My Avatar Say About Me?

290 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

We all have unique, hysterical, and even sometimes disturbing avatars that represent us on this forum.

I'm curious to learn what people think of an author's avatar and how it relates to what they write.

For example, someone had a Bob Marley avatar, in the red, green, and yellow style. Everytime he writes, it's always something clever and related to 420.
Another person had an Insane Clown Posse avatar and everything he wrote made him sound like a total toolbag.

What does my avatar say to you?
What does your avatar say about yourself?
Why does this post even exist?
Why is there green juice in my apartment? 

Just for fun, is all! Cheers! ;)

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Mine (the one I use on the forum),I created awhile back. It's a fallen angel trapped between heaven & hell - basically my life.

I was a drug abuser until it messed up my heart. Been clean for 15 years now.

PCM is my alter ego PsychoCrazedMadman and my initials - Paul Christopher M*****.

The av is a reminder to never get trapped again in the lifestyle that took too many of my friend's.

• Killerdude8, Vlynor, Viper9502 and 1 other like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

Vigilante

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Isn't this Off-topic Gen Chat type of thread? http://gtaforums.com...1-general-chat/

• PerceusSOZ and wanes like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Mine (the one I use on the forum),I created awhile back. It's a fallen angel trapped between heaven & hell - basically my life.

I was a drug abuser until it messed up my heart. Been clean for 15 years now.

PCM is my alter ego PsychoCrazedMadman and my initials - Paul Christopher M*****.

The av is a reminder to never get trapped again in the lifestyle that took too many of my friend's.

That's some seriously heavy stuff, right there - thank you for sharing, man. It's amazing what you've been through and thank God you found a way out. Congratulations on 15 years. Glad you didn't fall victim to that stuff (like Phillip Seymour Hoffman the other day!). Good to know you found a way to leverage your experience, share it with others, and use it as a personal badge to remind yourself. Pretty powerful and I'll put you in my thoughts for continued success! Cheers! ;)

Isn't this Off-topic Gen Chat type of thread? http://gtaforums.com...1-general-chat/

You're the guy at the party who tells people to use coasters, checks the bathroom, and keeps an eye on the clock, aren't you?

• Moonshield, thekillerdonuts, Khaos89 and 2 others like this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

Vote ChrilLe for mayor!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

I can't judge my own avatar.

Now, judge it by my actions on this forum. :D

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Go Giants!

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by fw3, 05 February 2014 - 01:49 PM.

I can't judge my own avatar.

Now, judge it by my actions on this forum. :D

I always enjoy your posts/replies, and even though your avatar gives me seizures if I stare at it, too long, it's frickin' hysterical! ;)

• ChrilLe likes this

Jahgee
  • Jahgee

Jeff Gordon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Just wondering what you guys think of my avatar

Stinky Cheese Man was one of my favorite books growing up

RajunCajun88
  • RajunCajun88

Rebel Riders MC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I like trucks
  • fw3 and Viper9502 like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:52 PM Edited by JiNX77, 05 February 2014 - 02:00 PM.

What does my avatar say to you? "GET OFF MY LAWN!" I recognize the man in the pic but I just can't think of the name.

What does your avatar say about yourself? "Moink" Saw it on a Super Bowl commercial, thought it would make a funny avatar so I co-opted it. Who doesn't love a genetic abomination?
Why does this post even exist? You are curious about the unconscious thought processes of the forum community, possibly too much time with Dr. Friedlander.
Why is there green juice in my apartment? The HUD is lying to you. That's not juice. It's milk from that carton that has also been sitting on the counter since October.

*No idea why it's doing this, nor why the next post didn't overwrite it. Sorry.

• fw3 likes this

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

I don't even know what my avatar says. I'm an idiot. Right?

• fw3 likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Bonkers

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

As you can see with my avatar, I clearly CLEARLY like pussy....
  • 2281, fw3 and Viper9502 like this

UrbanForce22
  • UrbanForce22

likes big butts and he cannot lie.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Dem Trevor feels (my avatar)

Just because I like memes and Trevor, and a nice person decided to combine both of them.

• D3ADSH0T and fw3 like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

I like flopping.

everybody_do_the_flop-33499.gif

• Empty World, fw3 and Viper9502 like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

My avatar means nothing (in general)

photo-274140.gif?_r=1391358117?_r=e87da2

• Khaos89, fw3 and Viper9502 like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by JiNX77, 05 February 2014 - 02:02 PM.

We all have unique, hysterical, and even sometimes disturbing avatars that represent us on this forum.

I'm curious to learn what people think of an author's avatar and how it relates to what they write.

For example, someone had a Bob Marley avatar, in the red, green, and yellow style. Everytime he writes, it's always something clever and related to 420.
Another person had an Insane Clown Posse avatar and everything he wrote made him sound like a total toolbag.

1. What does my avatar say to you?
2. What does your avatar say about yourself?
3. Why does this post even exist?
4. Why is there green juice in my apartment? 

1. "GET OFF MY LAWN!" I recognize the man but can't place the name.

2. Saw it on a Super Bowl commercial and thought it would make a funny avatar. Who doesn't like genetic abominations?

3. Curiosity about the unconscious decision making processes of the forum community. Possibly too much time with Dr. Friedlander  :colgate:

4. The HUD is lying, it's not juice. It's milk from that carton that has also been on the counter since October.

*Sorry for the weird double post. I think my computer is having a stroke.

• fw3 likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Follow your vegetable young man. May it lead you to salad.
  • fw3 likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

What does my avatar say to you?
What does your avatar say about yourself?
Why does this post even exist?
Why is there green juice in my apartment? 

I always think of the English actor, John Le Mesurier, whenever I see your avatar, fw3.

https://www.google.c...iw=1208&bih=755

But I don't read your posts in his "Dad's Army" voice though. :p

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:01 PM Edited by Dopey™, 05 February 2014 - 02:02 PM.

tumblr_lvo6fjClQ11r7ac3no1_500.jpg

/thread

• Stormingz and fw3 like this

UrbanForce22
  • UrbanForce22

likes big butts and he cannot lie.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

tumblr_lvo6fjClQ11r7ac3no1_500.jpg

/thread

Charlie Sheen ?

• fw3 likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

My avatar means nothing (in general)

photo-274140.gif?_r=1391358117?_r=e87da2

I insist that you now post at least once in every thread and if you ever change this avatar I swear I will hunt you down! :)
  • Hodgey. likes this

Ace Slims
  • Ace Slims

PSN: thunderfiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

I like most of the avatars as some are really funny and some are pretty creative, but I don't put much thought into what they mean.  I tend to put more into what that person says.

• fw3 likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by TeammateAssist, 05 February 2014 - 02:11 PM.

I only post exactly like how my GTA persona would, meaning. Very simple words because he's a detective, and explaining things to people using big words doesn't exactly explain much, feel?

Also since my GTA persona is a father I have to type in semi-cool slangs and all that stuff, bro.

Now if you're asking why my GTA persona is like that, it's because I almost always use a persona on the "right" side of the law but with a tendency to go above the law to serve justice. I also use fatherly personas because it's easier to do now. Plus, it's easier to get out of heated arguments since my persona would prefer a calm and collected manner.

Back then I used bad-arse, hip and cool personas which are mostly based on a mix of Lamar Davis and Trevor Philips, which back then is basically based on a little of Saint's Row and a little of how other people act in multiplayer games.

basicly back then I typed kinda like this, homes... u got a prob with that, mark? you can't even give out an argument to save your life, you dipsh*t dumbass. you cant even spell for sh*t, you moron. gtfo and dont come back until you pass 3rd grade english

^ Like that.

Now if you're asking why I even post as if it's my persona, it's because if I posted like myself I wouldn't even have an account. I'm highly introverted.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

you just won't win

• fw3 likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

Mine says I have a badass ride... and you don't. Lol

Jk. I like Ferrari.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

What does my avatar say to you? "GET OFF MY LAWN!" I recognize the man in the pic but I just can't think of the name.

What does your avatar say about yourself? "Moink" Saw it on a Super Bowl commercial, thought it would make a funny avatar so I co-opted it. Who doesn't love a genetic abomination?
Why does this post even exist? You are curious about the unconscious thought processes of the forum community, possibly too much time with Dr. Friedlander.
Why is there green juice in my apartment? The HUD is lying to you. That's not juice. It's milk from that carton that has also been sitting on the counter since October.

*No idea why it's doing this, nor why the next post didn't overwrite it. Sorry.

LOL!! My avatar is of Abe Vigoda, actor from the 70's who starred in the sitcom, Barney Miller.
I change avatars once in a while and it's usually a classic actor or actress.

I'm among the older players among us, so for me, the best time of my life was in the 1970's.
That's why I choose the avatars I do. Reflection and nostalgia to a much simpler time.

Back then, the only video game was trying to figure out which star would become The Enterprise at the opening of Star Trek and who could touch the dot on the tv set when you turned it off and the "white dot" would sit there for 5-6 minutes before the tube cooled down.

As for your avatar, I dig it because I dig pigs a lot! I wrote a children's book years ago about pigs, so they are close to my heart.

Thanks for a thoughtful reply! ;)

Just wondering what you guys think of my avatar

Stinky Cheese Man was one of my favorite books growing up

Have to say I'm not familiar with SCM, so now I'll have to check it out! Personally, I love your avatar - it's whimsical and fun, denoting that you don't take it all too serious! Way to be!! ;)

• Viper9502 likes this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Freak

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

What does your avatar say about yourself? That I listen to Joy Division.

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Follow your vegetable young man. May it lead you to salad.

I'm an artist, so I'm a huge Dali fan. I'd never seen the image you chose for your avatar, so everytime I see it now, it cracks me up! Plus, your posts/replies are always thought provoking with a twist of humor. ;)

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:19 PM Edited by BondageKitty, 05 February 2014 - 02:48 PM.

Wonder what you people think of it.

It means much other than I like the character and I'd enjoy cosplaying it or at least owning that outfit. Doesn't hurt if anyone pictures me like it as a side-effect.

I usually think of it as a first impressions kind of deal. If the avatar looks funny, I will think the owner has good humor, if the avatar is random, same with the owner and so on.
  • fw3 likes this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Mine is pretty obvious...
  • D3ADSH0T, Stormingz, fw3 and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users