Photo

Jets vs Tanks

39 replies to this topic
Bonegrandad
  • Bonegrandad

ZZZZ

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Ok here we go not what's better what do you personally prefer they both have advantages

Jets
1. Jets can use explosive rounds which can kill a tank in 1 move
2. Jets can move alot faster than tanks

Tanks
1. Tanks can shoot down jets in 1 move also however if a jet comes straight down not much a tank can do
2. Tanks can get into a strategic spot so jets can't get them and make them crash into stuff

Any stories about shooting down jets in tanks or shooting tanks in jets LOL cheers

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by marco-polo, 05 February 2014 - 12:22 PM.

I'm always in the jet, so that's my pick.

Story: 5 tanks, 1 jet... :D

• Bongsquirrel likes this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Tank will always win if it is parked next to buildings. Out in the desert, it'll be danced on by good jet pilots. ;)

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:38 PM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 05 February 2014 - 12:41 PM.

I'm always in the jet, so that's my pick.

Story: 5 tanks, 1 jet... :D

Yeah you got em good! Great strike  :cool:

prototypetom
  • prototypetom

purveyor of exasperated sighs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

if jets kill cowards in tanks. i'm team Jet, though i've barely been in one.

looking forward to some tank snuff stories. :)

• elless777 likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Jets... btw you should make a poll

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

jets' rockets destroy a tank in 1 hit?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

No. Definitely not.

Trevingit
  • Trevingit

cheese meister

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

the jet is king in the right hands, last time I tried to take out a tank after 1.09 it took ages. I think rockstar should give us hitmarkers if they feel the need to nerf the cannon, then atleast we know how much we hit them.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

No jet has killed me in a tank yet, it was always the other way around... IMO the jet is no challenge for a tank at all, just like a buzzard 

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Jets because the name sounds much cooler.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

They both end up in flames either way.

Bonegrandad
  • Bonegrandad

ZZZZ

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Lol yeah that's a good idea parking the tank in the desert like near the rebel radio station tower jets would just smash into that, cheers for the stories keep em coming I shot down a jet in a tank in the middle of the desert no cover at all besides there were two of them flying above you have to be so quick when there's no cover also I was trying something pretty funny the other day seemed near impossible I was trying to shoot a jet out of the sky with a rocket launcher hard to aim when they nosedive tho anyone else tried anything crazzzzy like that Lmfao ? ^_^

Bonegrandad
  • Bonegrandad

ZZZZ

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Tank snuff story 1
Killed a tank in a jet with the machine gun near the tallest apartment you just have to pull out the landing wheels and use the rudders to slow the jet down get it low enough to shoot not to low pull wheels back into speed off without smashing into anything also this may help if ur having bit of trouble in a jet
1. in options go to EXPANDED RADAR as this will help u alot in a jet going around
2. In settings go to controls change target to COMPLEX as it makes aiming alot easier

Cheers @.@

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

No jet has killed me in a tank yet, it was always the other way around... IMO the jet is no challenge for a tank at all, just like a buzzard 

apperantly you haven't been playing against a good pilot, yet. It's fairly easy to take out a jet with a tank tho. However, once you learn the jet right, you can have lots of fun with a single jet in Downtown LS while playing "Saving Ryan's Privates". 

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Profile is Under Construction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Jets for the win they not only can drive on land but the fly something a tank a tank simply cannot do and the jet can kill from a looooong distance its like comparing a hawk to a turtle lol

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 05 February 2014 - 05:40 PM.

Sniper rifle beats them both, but I personally love using the jet for strafing runs on players with bounties on them. You won't hear about a tank going bounty hunting. It's too slow.

• iBUCKEYE likes this

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

I've never had any problems with jets, either in my tank or out of it. At least 90% of players (myself included) suck pretty bad at flying the jet so I never worry about them. I've come across probably two good jet pilots in my 100+ hours of GTAVO and neither of them were able to kill me.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:46 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 05 February 2014 - 05:51 PM.

The trick to mastering jet to ground attack is learning how to drop the landing gear and tap the breaks. Add the expanded radar, and you become so deadly. Last couple sessions I played, I collected so many bounties in the jet, I was just amazed how much my performance improved over a few hours of practice. And teleporting makes you nearly invincible to everything except other jets since once your jet is damaged, you just grab another one right away.

al_balmer
  • al_balmer

Rainman

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

To be young, am I right.

NeilNATO
  • NeilNATO

100% GTA Die hard Fan

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Yeah i go for the fort as soon as i hear the booms of a tank shell,

But saying that i had 2 lads in tanks trying to grief me last night so i got my tank out and finished them both lol.

The key is to go for the engine it's the tanks weak spot, i just drove off and disposed of mine and carried on like nothing ever happened.

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

Last night a team of two jets had me trapped under an overpass for a good 20 minutes

The good news is their explosions took care of the majority of bounty hunters coming for me

After I survived the bounty I went off the radar and ditched the tank outside someones safehouse

Moral is, when jets come for you, put that tank away, or let your pride be your downfall

Bonegrandad
  • Bonegrandad

ZZZZ

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

If you are also having trouble stealing a jet from the base this is what I do it seems to work almost every time unless there is just a random AI tank in front of you

Grab an aircraft or just call a taxi and kill the driver
drop in or jump over the ridge next to the south entrance to the left of the fence and jump over it then proceed to drive towards rather the second jet because the AI take longer to get to you or the jet in the big hanger if you are drop in via parachute. Next is where it gets a bit tricky if you are not used to jets but personally I jump in go completely upside down until the missiles have missed then a clear run straight up to space to lose the Feds/Army lol
How do y'all get your jets any suggestions that just how I do it

By the way I started this thread cause I couldn't find much info on tanks and jet tips and just help other players and head funny stories also can some one confirm if FLARES are online I have yet to test it all I kno is that u r suppose to press Y or Triangle x3 only when a missile is locking on to you ???

LOL Cheers

Distrom
  • Distrom

Coņo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

No way, sorry.
The It doesn't matter how skilled is the player in the tank, any skilled jet pilot will destroy it in a few moves.
I'm yet to see a tank destroying my jet. :D

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

I've shot down jets in a tank before, it all depends on whether or not the pilot knows what he's doing. I've had people in jets absolutely destroy me while in a tank and I've destroyed tanks while in a jet, it all depends on how well you can handle the jet.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 05 February 2014 - 07:57 PM.

Well most of the time when someone gets a Jet its to lay down the law and bring justice down hard on the filthy tank griefer's head...so them going into hard to reach spots and camping there is the equivalent of sending them to a prison since they can't move or grief anyone out of fear of what will happen once they move.  :lol:

• JimmyDeSanta likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

I always wonder how people can aim so accurately speeding by in a jet or buzzard. their rockets or cannons seem to go right where they want them but when i try to be accurate i miss by a mile

• Bozzah likes this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

I've never had any problems with jets, either in my tank or out of it. At least 90% of players (myself included) suck pretty bad at flying the jet so I never worry about them. I've come across probably two good jet pilots in my 100+ hours of GTAVO and neither of them were able to kill me.

A good jet pilot is one if the scariest things to face in this game when you're by yourself. They're not as scary if you have other friends in the lobby though.

Choppers
  • Choppers

Nani sore!?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

I'm with the Lazer all the way. Never used the expanded radar like some suggested, I'll have to try it out. Sometimes when fighting tanks in it I use the landing gear slow down tactic, but normally I just go high up (sometimes really low), then swoop in and land as many shots as possible before pulling up again, and I've gotten many tanks that way

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I always find it cool to fly really high towards someone, then straight down while you're above them. It makes them think you're in a helicopter because when you fly straight up or down the mini map shows you as being stationary. .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users