Quantcast

» «
Photo

Catch up mode - worst way to race on mega jumps?

23 replies to this topic
Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

Take jumps jumps jumps for example, the guy in first place takes the final jump sometimes will have troubles stuck in the bridge, the thing is there's no other ways to avoid these to happen, except you let others catch up but that distance might not work too...

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

Take jumps jumps jumps ...

Please :colgate:

chili27
  • chili27

The Mark Webber of STRR

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

Don't hit the last jump. Simplez.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

i always go around it 

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

i always go around it 
^^that^^

chili27
  • chili27

The Mark Webber of STRR

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Yup or just dab the brakes twice to scrub a little speed and shorten the jump. Things really are not that hard, or worthy of this thread..

• East_On_Bimmer_St likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

i always go around it 

I do this too if catchup is on, if not you can easily clear the bridge. If OP you dont want to go around it then only thing you can do is slow right down before the jump so your car lands before the bridge.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Stop playing that stupid race.

To me its mind blowing that Jumps Jumps Jumps is always packed. Its a piece of sh*t race.

Am i the only one that quits everytime i see t load up. Infact i can't quit out fast enough.

• TheHammer and Smartpride like this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

i like that race alot 

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Gotta agree, why this jumps map? Its bland and boring, the only good part being the last jump that everyone pussifies and goes around!! The whole start is a smash up derby and the one real turn is stupid and poorly marked. Its the week old bread of jump races.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

i always have fun in that race

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

lol love that track nothing like outsmarting the desperate racers on the 1st jump by going around it on the left and going around the last ramp i personally like it in gta mode much more fun

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

lol love that track nothing like outsmarting the desperate racers on the 1st jump by going around it on the left and going around the last ramp i personally like it in gta mode much more fun

Cool deal dude. I didn't see that on the left of first ramp. I looked on the right.
I'll have to check that out .

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

i can do that first jump without a problem. just need to have some good speed , stay towards the middle of the ramp and make sure the front of the car is level when doing the jump. 

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Cool deal dude. I didn't see that on the left of first ramp. I looked on the right.
I'll have to check that out .

there is one on the right as well it will lead to a bumpy dirt road but better that than being stuck in between buses as a matter of fact stick with the one on the right i use that mostly with no problem every one seems to concentrate on the left playing bumper carts

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Sounds awesome to get blown up on a straight race course and lose because it's a minute long with no corners to catch up on.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Sounds awesome to get blown up on a straight race course and lose because it's a minute long with no corners to catch up on.

i  dont like GTA races that much although i have won a few of them

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

You must play like a noob then i can easily avoid stickys and rockets by glancing at my rearview

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

Don't hit the last jump. play that race Simplez.

i always go around it 
^^that^^

dont worry boys, fixed it for ya :)

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

i  dont like GTA races that much although i have won a few of them

GTA races should be on a short lap track preferably with a high number of laps so there is lots of opportunity for everybody to mix it up. Also they are the only situation where catchup is appropriate so the winner isn't whoever gets a lucky multikill early on.

T-Roc
  • T-Roc

Gangsta Goalie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Catchup is sorry for any race period; I wish they would allow the option to remove slipstreaming from races as well. I realize it is fun when your benefiting from it and flying down the course, but it's pretty dumb that someone in 2nd place coming into the final turn is almost always guaranteed the win due to this benefit.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Catchup is sorry for any race period; I wish they would allow the option to remove slipstreaming from races as well. I realize it is fun when your benefiting from it and flying down the course, but it's pretty dumb that someone in 2nd place coming into the final turn is almost always guaranteed the win due to this benefit.

slip streams dont always happen , you have to stay right behind the car right in front of you for like 10 seconds , and in that time you can pass him on your own . but i do agree with what you said about catchup, i hate it

T-Roc
  • T-Roc

Gangsta Goalie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

slip streams dont always happen , you have to stay right behind the car right in front of you for like 10 seconds , and in that time you can pass him on your own . but i do agree with what you said about catchup, i hate it

The fact that the slip streams are inconsistent is even more reason to just get rid of them all together. I've had it where I've followed directly behind someone for 10 seconds and not received the boost; and then had moments where I'm not directly behind them and catch the boost on a turn just being near them for like a second.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Homeboy

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:13 PM Edited by cjdavies, 22 February 2014 - 07:18 PM.

Custom on I dislike, especially on a straight race track e.g. The Commute, and that 16 mile track along the outskirts of the map (Point to Point 2?).  Main reason, win 20 races and in that class type and you get your self top speed.

Yes I suck, but I like racing for the fun, 16 players, most having a pileup at the start as they take a bend and slow down to avoid it.

EDIT: Just played The Commute -  Motorcycles, the host set for Custom On and Catchup Off.  Amazes me how I was overtaken twice by players who were behind me by coming off their bikes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users