Anyone still playing regularly?

75 replies to this topic
luisniko
  • luisniko

Joins Heist; Spawns pigeon and rabbit

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

This game is dead as f*ck now to me. Especially my playing mate has been off for a week.

But I still play it before sleeping just to relax after hard day at work before heading to bed. As you know, it's not only killing in GTA. I usually drive around, repaint cars, sell cars, do quick solo mission to get me some money. That's all.

dont flame the guy for this ^^ , he has a point and proves my point 100%

This game is dead as f*ck now to me. Especially my playing mate has been off for a week.

the game has died for him because his m8 has been off for a week!!.. gta online is nothing without the social side intact, crews/bunch of friends are where its at folks

Exactly. It's really really boring when there's nobody to play with.

Maybe I should rephrase my bad sentence, but sometimes me and my friend find it getting boring too. Basically GTA Online feels like a game I'm going to leave, just like any other game that I've pretty much done every corner of it.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

i play everyday...

things for noobs are a bit harder now that they were during the early days of gtao, starting now you missed all the high payouts/rp days, the lsc glitch days *thatevenknowhavebeenpatched4timesstillaround* the november/december money frenzy and the purge...

now youre dealing with low paying/rp missions and high prices.

try not to interact with no one directly on freeroam because you would end up dead 99% of the time.

Yeah I've read about most of those on here. Back then I was still being completely oblivious because I'm waiting for the PC announcement. But after trying it myself for the first time, I can see why a lot of people complained.

As for free roam, I typically do stay away from other players. They just shoot at each for no particular reason. 

:^: :^: :^: Seriously, props to you for plainly and simply stating the impressions that a rational gamer has, coming into GTA Online without prejudice.  I agree with you completely. 

I still play GTA0 every day, and an occasional drive in GTAV, just because i invested so much emotion and enthusiasm, built up from my previous years of playing GTA 3D era games, enjoying the freedom of the well-designed sandbox. 

But even though this GTAV / GTA0 world is the most beautiful ever, Rockstar really crippled it (that is, with a half-assed story, and nothing to do after the story) with their pre-planned emphasis on GTA Online, which has fallen flat due to lack of anything to do expect play dirty and grind our asses off. 

A huge shame, a terrible loss.  Only the irredeemable addicts like me, and the immature sadistic losers, still play. 

That's the thing with an Online game like this. If there's no new content then you'll start to lose players. It's what happened to SWTOR.

I feel like there needs to be more to do, but what I don't understand is, why did Rockstar make it so hard to earn money? Grinding for 15 hours only to earn just over $15000 doesn't leave a very good first impression...

Also thanks for the helpful replies. 

if it takes you 15 hrs to make $15k, you're doing something wrong

go to LSC, sell a car, preferably a baller, oracle or felon, if not then a cavalcade or a dubsta.  After you sell your first one, set a timer for 48 minutes and sell another one when that timer is up. rinse and repeate. just doing that will net you $8-9k an hour.

better still, setup a second character and you can sell 2 cars in an hour.  then do missions and deathmatches and what not and you can still clear $100k an hr easily if you know how to do it.

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

Seems like there's one of these threads every five minuets. Anyway.. this is easier!

I don't always use my mic, and most of the time have chat through speakers turned off, but, I do mostly missions and survivals. I usually just join random missions from the phone menu, but if you want someone to run missions with feel free to hit me up. Social club is same name as here and I'm GMT - 6 (Central Standard). PSN ID is on my SC page. 

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Not to mention the random times when I get gunned down for no reason in free mode.

^this is where you're suppose to go waste his ass like the little bitch he is...

but, just looking at your remarks and your reaction to them I'm sorry to say, this probably isnt the game for you if you think any part of playing missions is grinding and randoms blasting you 'for no reason' is just annoying instead of getting you fired up.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

i play everyday...

things for noobs are a bit harder now that they were during the early days of gtao, starting now you missed all the high payouts/rp days, the lsc glitch days *thatevenknowhavebeenpatched4timesstillaround* the november/december money frenzy and the purge...

now youre dealing with low paying/rp missions and high prices.

try not to interact with no one directly on freeroam because you would end up dead 99% of the time.

Yeah I've read about most of those on here. Back then I was still being completely oblivious because I'm waiting for the PC announcement. But after trying it myself for the first time, I can see why a lot of people complained.
As for free roam, I typically do stay away from other players. They just shoot at each for no particular reason. 

:^: :^: :^: Seriously, props to you for plainly and simply stating the impressions that a rational gamer has, coming into GTA Online without prejudice.  I agree with you completely. 

I still play GTA0 every day, and an occasional drive in GTAV, just because i invested so much emotion and enthusiasm, built up from my previous years of playing GTA 3D era games, enjoying the freedom of the well-designed sandbox. 

But even though this GTAV / GTA0 world is the most beautiful ever, Rockstar really crippled it (that is, with a half-assed story, and nothing to do after the story) with their pre-planned emphasis on GTA Online, which has fallen flat due to lack of anything to do expect play dirty and grind our asses off. 

A huge shame, a terrible loss.  Only the irredeemable addicts like me, and the immature sadistic losers, still play. 

That's the thing with an Online game like this. If there's no new content then you'll start to lose players. It's what happened to SWTOR.
I feel like there needs to be more to do, but what I don't understand is, why did Rockstar make it so hard to earn money? Grinding for 15 hours only to earn just over $15000 doesn't leave a very good first impression...

Also thanks for the helpful replies. 

No offense, but if you played for 15 hours and only earned $15,000, you were doing something wrong. Don't screw around in Freemode. Just do jobs. Complete them solo on easy if you want. A job takes 5-10 minutes and pays $3k-$15k. You should have $200k by now.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

But I still play it before sleeping just to relax after hard day at work before heading to bed. As you know, it's not only killing in GTA. I usually drive around, repaint cars, sell cars, do quick solo mission to get me some money. That's all.

dont flame the guy for this ^^ , he has a point and proves my point 100%This game is dead as f*ck now to me. Especially my playing mate has been off for a week.
the game has died for him because his m8 has been off for a week!!.. gta online is nothing without the social side intact, crews/bunch of friends are where its at folks

Exactly. It's really really boring when there's nobody to play with.

Maybe I should rephrase my bad sentence, but sometimes me and my friend find it getting boring too. Basically GTA Online feels like a game I'm going to leave, just like any other game that I've pretty much done every corner of it.

yep and thats why crews are the way to go,seven with you and a pal it can get boring after a while, but when you have a few of you thats when this game really shines, you never really have to sit down work out what to do next as sh1t just happens, this aint like MW where you get into a mental zone and loose yourself for for hours just running around shooting/killing/being killed, its a lot more social than that..

if im on my own ill play for like 3 hours TOPS, ill set me a few goals like find and mod car x but once ive done my goal im board, that doesnt make gta a bad game, because when im withtmy crew/friends I dont want the session to end and ive had many a hard day at work the next day because ive been up till 3am, bad games dont have that ability. Not that im saying your saying gta is bad, im just pointing out the importance of crews and the social side of the game...

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Play maybe 30 mins a day.

I'd play more if there were:

• More (and better) co-op missions
  • Less restrictions on what you can put in your garage. Why shouldn't I have a Phantom?
  • The ability to custom almost anything in LSC
  • A Wider variety of clothing, not just 50 colours of the same shirt
  • A session mode that has no cops
  • Crates started working again
  • All of the SP vehicles in MP.
  • Wildlife - At least everything except the Mountain Lions.
  • UchihaRingo likes this

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • England

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

LOL I can't even stay awake most of the time without my crew around.   After the last of them went offline last night and the lobby emptied, I decided to sell a baller then go to the green car icon and actually find it in one piece for once.  The long and short of it is that the car never made it to its destination.  Fell asleep, got kicked.  

Yes to all above, you are all right!!  Now go play the damn game, or not, whatever :)

• gizz01 likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

the game is not for the impatient. That's RULE #1.
It takes time and everything has to be earned.

When I started playing my goal was to hit Rank 42 so I could unlock the Carbine rifle. It was a grind but it was fun because at every success, I was closer to my goal.
Last night I hit Rank 101....im in no rush to hit Rank 120 for the mini-gun unlock so when it happens it happens, I want to focus on helping my Crew members rank up the next few weeks.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

i play every single day. im also on the forum every single day. games fun. the forums are fun. i think that answers your question

This.

I recently acquired this game by a friend gracious enough to let me borrow it for awhile. I've been holding out on buying this because I'm waiting for a PC release, and so not to completely spoil myself, I decided to go to Online mode after completing that Jewelry store heist in SP.

A lot of stuff ingame are expensive. Things that you'd normally want like fast cars, upgrades, apartments and garages. I spent probably 15 hours, 5 yesterday and 10 today playing Online. I've gotten to Rank 8. I must say it's not easy, and it's not really a whole lot of fun, at least alone. Most of my friends on PSN that have this game don't play it anymore, and even after joining a crew, still hardly anyone joins me in a job when I invite. Those that do usually gets themselves killed and leave early, which forces me to complete it by myself. 

So I guess if there's a crew or maybe some of you guys here that play on PS3 that could help me in some Jobs to get more money and Rank up, I would be grateful. Considering my friend let me borrow it because he stopped playing it back in December, I might buy it off him and keep it for myself.

Also I reckon that I might have to complete the story mode to have access to more stuff in Online? 

I'm usually on daily. I can typically be found in free roam spawn-killing griefers and terrorizing e-thugs and 12 year-olds that have taken a break from fapping to their favorite COD soundtrack. I'm always up for doing missions with people that aren't asshats. I'm rank 120+, so I have access to pretty much all of the missions. Add me. PSNID: weareninja.

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:30 PM Edited by Kaber, 05 February 2014 - 05:31 PM.

I still play a lot.  I love Public Freeroam sessions but sometimes enjoy a more quiet Invite Only session.  I enjoy having friends and crew members who still play and have played enough to get levels and vehicle unlocks under their belts.  Having met a lot of our goals in the game there is time to goof off.  Like getting most everyone in a session to have a base jumping event at Mt. Chilliad where we had 8 jumpers and a couple guys who didn't want to jump but did have fun running a helicopter taxi service for everyone else.  They had the best views of the wipe-outs.

So early on it can be a grind.  All the weird crap R* has put us through as they actively develop it has changed the game every few weeks.  IF you really want a "I DO WAHT I WANT" type of game your gonna have to put in work before you get to goof off.  Hopefully R* will find a balance to all their economy grief and our leveling grind, throw in some decent DLC and HEISTS! and we'll all still be playing come the fall.

Hoosierdaddy76
  • Hoosierdaddy76

Are friends electric?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

My play times have decreased to a couple of nights a week. Most of the people on my friend's list have also slowly stopped playing. Honestly, it's going to take Rockstar releasing regular content updates to keep me logging in. I have zero interest in the chaos that is public free roam and you can only run the same jobs so many times before it becomes tedious.

Watch Tower
  • Watch Tower

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:03 PM Edited by Watch Tower, 05 February 2014 - 07:04 PM.

I play every night. I have a satisfying life with a beautiful wife and a career I excel in and I play GTAO every night. Come at me.

Though I guess I should mention that none of my friends play at all anymore, nor do any of my crew members. Even the people on my friends list who I can't remember who they are, none of them are playing.

V4S
  • V4S

is Off the Radar.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

No I don't play anymore, I just come on here once a day to see if there are any updates with the game. My strength is starting to deplete according to the rockstar social club.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Not to mention the random times when I get gunned down for no reason in free mode.

^this is where you're suppose to go waste his ass like the little bitch he is...

but, just looking at your remarks and your reaction to them I'm sorry to say, this probably isnt the game for you if you think any part of playing missions is grinding and randoms blasting you 'for no reason' is just annoying instead of getting you fired up.

I would, and I did like twice. Except one guy had a sticky bomb and a chaingun. Another guy had a tank and was blowing everyone up within 10 feet of him. 

I managed to kill the first guy a couple times, but kinda hard to go up against a tank with a pistol...

No offense, but if you played for 15 hours and only earned $15,000, you were doing something wrong. Don't screw around in Freemode. Just do jobs. Complete them solo on easy if you want. A job takes 5-10 minutes and pays $3k-$15k. You should have $200k by now.

Yeah I figured I was. I found a good crew and they're helping me out right now =)

I'm glad I made this thread. You guys are really helpful

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

I would, and I did like twice. Except one guy had a sticky bomb and a chaingun. Another guy had a tank and was blowing everyone up within 10 feet of him. 
I managed to kill the first guy a couple times, but kinda hard to go up against a tank with a pistol...

Yeah I figured I was. I found a good crew and they're helping me out right now =)
I'm glad I made this thread. You guys are really helpful

good man!

Glad ya got yaself a crew m8, your game experience will change a lot.., have fun..

and lend me 15k plz..... :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users