• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

I love racing, so I make shizload of money having fun

gta-massy
  • gta-massy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

i play every single day. im also on the forum every single day. games fun. the forums are fun. i think that answers your question

This. Im on everyday after work psn massy07

thatblacklac
  • thatblacklac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

I play everyday also. But I don't think I would if I was just starting the grind is too tedious to afford anything worth buying. I would play with you but im on xbox.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

have not played since new years. I upgraded to an XBOX ONE!

catch up gta.... you know you want to. I want you to.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

when do you plan on upgrading to ps4?
  • Guelah Papyrus likes this

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

When do you plan on upgrading to PC?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

12 years ago
  • iiGh0STt likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

I run windows on my mac.... when i need to. other than that pc can suck a fatty. I used to be into PC gaming but now PC gaming is for extremists and people who have too much money to dump into gaming... I like to relax and play games after work, not work to get a game running. Don't get me wrong, its visually what EVERY gamer wants, but its not as simple as everyone needs, and VERY time consuming.

2 words: hdmi in. o yea, and what good games are ps4 exclusive? killzone? lol... if metal gear made the switch, you should too. if you truly believe ps4 is that much better than xbox one... then why are you not a pc gamer?

• Tabula Rasa likes this

_PANiC_
  • _PANiC_

Always Dapper

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Every day, mainly because of the awesome son's of guns in our crew. Never a dull moment
  • wanes likes this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

Every day, mainly because of the awesome son's of guns in our crew. Never a dull moment

Let me run you over with the blazer again like yesterday XD
  • _PANiC_ likes this

UchihaRingo
  • UchihaRingo

BACK AGAIN!

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Nope, I used to play everyday then I just got bored of it. So taking everyone's advice I took a nice long brake but then I looked back and I hadn't played in a month. Just yesterday I got on and nothing had changed so I hopped off and got on something else. 

• iiGh0STt likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Nope, i sold the game to my friend who had been wanting to play the game. At least he's enjoying it more than i do. I think i'm too old for this sh*t, because i got bored pretty fast playing every video games out there. Well playing the game was a blast while it last. Hope you don't ended up like me.

I do hope i find joy in playing games again though lol.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Good thread..

I took a break for a few weeks but yea I still play most days when the family allows, its all down to what u want out of the game..

Missions are not really my cup of tea, if I want to race or tdm what ever ill play cod/forza (not that im a fan of either) but gta will never offer the level that these dedicated games will so gta will always feel weak in this area, and imo this was rockstars biggest failure simply for the reasons above.

as for the mindless idiots.... gta has always and always will attract this type of player, but that doesn't mean you have to play with them, I refuse to play in open lobby's, its extremely irritating and a massive money drain...basically a waste of your time, your just cannon fodder for jerks.

Put your time into the social side of gta and it shines, find a decent active crew who play the game like you do and its a blast, personally I love the freeroam side of the game, if you and your crew/friends have a bit of imagination you can have a grate time, but it all depends what you want from the game?

do you want massive rank and all the top end super cars with all the modds available? Then be prepared to grind till your eyes bleed and after 2 days of going on a spending spree throw your disk in the trash, because it all end there..

OR do you want to take advantage of the open world with a crew/bunch of friends? If thats the case you can have a grate time and earning normal amounts of cash is fun, simply robbing a store can have you all crying with laughter as one of you runs out of the shop only to get run down by truck, the random sh1t that happens is endless!

Just chillin going for a long cruise with friends taking in the awsome scenery never gets old imo, I just love it, then because your earning your cash on a normal level that wing upgrade or engine upgrade means somthing...

the mundane cane become epic gta, the other day we cargobobbed a ruck of surfers up the mountain and rolled all the way back down again, nothing special in it but it provided a night full of laughs... its just what you want from the game...

games like world of warcraft dont have millions of dedicated players coming back for more simply to grind the next lvl its the social interaction that holds those players there for years...

as I said im not a fan of the missions/racing/tdm, I think rockstar should concentrate of earning money in FR, and add more incentive for crews to communicate and generaly have more to do with each other, things like drug deals and the like would be grate, there is grate potential for rockstar to earn cash and for gta online to be huge..

back on topic tho its all about what you want, if you want all the top toys ya better start grinding missions and be board out of your brains for a few days, then post your chrome adder on the forums, feel you interweb c0ck tingle for a moment and then make another post immediately after whining gta is sh1t..

I grinded for a few days not long after release si I could buy the top apartment :( never been so board in my life and I nearly traded the game in, now I just have fun with friends and have a blast most nights, ive never brought a super car, never felt the need to as I remember the feeling I had after dropping 400k on that apartment, just have fun man!, dont get dragged into the sh1te on these forums about all the top end stuff, and simply take in the real beauty and detail in the game and its all free...

Have fun :)
  • Kaber and Ankarstrom like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

----

Nice post.

Having people to talk to really does add a whole lot to the game, silent missions/races/lobbies do get boring.

When there are laughs, it's going to be a good time.

• iiGh0STt likes this

Ace Slims
  • Ace Slims

PSN: thunderfiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

i play every single day. im also on the forum every single day. games fun. the forums are fun. i think that answers your question

^^^^This

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

I still play everyday.  My crew friends are awesome and there are at least 4 I still hang with regularly.   Only thing is, there used to be nearly a whole sessions worth of us every day.  Its not just us though, I've seen a lot of my rivals reduced to groups of 2 or 3, even on their lonesome in some cases.  

I think up to a month ago, the players who were leaving due to boredom/glitchers and the money issues would have returned with some decent DLC or even some R* events that pulled teams together.  But now I'm fairly certain that those who have left are gone for good, onto another game/console/real life sh*t.

Its been a strange journey since launch really, all the friend I've made (we've all made) and in some cases lost, the in crew turmoil.  Its a different game every few weeks and unlike any other game I have ever played.  My PSN friends list has never been so busy with adds and deletes.   

The only thing that could see me stop playing is if this situation with people being invincible but still able to kill other players gets any worse.  Its literally the only thing that gets me angry on gtao, especially when they get in between myself and another decently skilled player whilst we battle.  It shows a total lack of skill and its virtually an in game trolling device.

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

I'm playing daily (roughly 4 - 6 hours). I mostly do Martin missions alone.

Sometimes I do quick jobs,mostly rob convenience stores or 5 star shoot out's with the cop's.

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Good thread..

I took a break for a few weeks but yea I still play most days when the family allows, its all down to what u want out of the game..

Missions are not really my cup of tea, if I want to race or tdm what ever ill play cod/forza (not that im a fan of either) but gta will never offer the level that these dedicated games will so gta will always feel weak in this area, and imo this was rockstars biggest failure simply for the reasons above.

as for the mindless idiots.... gta has always and always will attract this type of player, but that doesn't mean you have to play with them, I refuse to play in open lobby's, its extremely irritating and a massive money drain...basically a waste of your time, your just cannon fodder for jerks.

Put your time into the social side of gta and it shines, find a decent active crew who play the game like you do and its a blast, personally I love the freeroam side of the game, if you and your crew/friends have a bit of imagination you can have a grate time, but it all depends what you want from the game?

do you want massive rank and all the top end super cars with all the modds available? Then be prepared to grind till your eyes bleed and after 2 days of going on a spending spree throw your disk in the trash, because it all end there..

OR do you want to take advantage of the open world with a crew/bunch of friends? If thats the case you can have a grate time and earning normal amounts of cash is fun, simply robbing a store can have you all crying with laughter as one of you runs out of the shop only to get run down by truck, the random sh1t that happens is endless!

Just chillin going for a long cruise with friends taking in the awsome scenery never gets old imo, I just love it, then because your earning your cash on a normal level that wing upgrade or engine upgrade means somthing...

the mundane cane become epic gta, the other day we cargobobbed a ruck of surfers up the mountain and rolled all the way back down again, nothing special in it but it provided a night full of laughs... its just what you want from the game...

games like world of warcraft dont have millions of dedicated players coming back for more simply to grind the next lvl its the social interaction that holds those players there for years...

as I said im not a fan of the missions/racing/tdm, I think rockstar should concentrate of earning money in FR, and add more incentive for crews to communicate and generaly have more to do with each other, things like drug deals and the like would be grate, there is grate potential for rockstar to earn cash and for gta online to be huge..

back on topic tho its all about what you want, if you want all the top toys ya better start grinding missions and be board out of your brains for a few days, then post your chrome adder on the forums, feel you interweb c0ck tingle for a moment and then make another post immediately after whining gta is sh1t..

I grinded for a few days not long after release si I could buy the top apartment :( never been so board in my life and I nearly traded the game in, now I just have fun with friends and have a blast most nights, ive never brought a super car, never felt the need to as I remember the feeling I had after dropping 400k on that apartment, just have fun man!, dont get dragged into the sh1te on these forums about all the top end stuff, and simply take in the real beauty and detail in the game and its all free...

Have fun :)

I agree with all of this but I don't think that mindless violence in a game such as this should be dismissed so readily.  I mean come on, its been said many times before, this is GTA.  

I'm by no means an immature gamer, I'm 31 and have no interest in the style in which the kids play games these days, its so pick up/put down if I can't get what I want right now type attitude.
But this does not mean I'm like them if i decide to fire up the game and go on a murder spree.  Like you say, it's all in good fun.  I don't know about you but I can and will laugh if somebody goes out of their way to f*ck up my ride.  I don't give a sh*t if they try and spawn kill me, I fight back and carry on with it.  If you don't want to fight join a new session or better still a private invite only one.

My main things of which I enjoy in this game are more or less what you have stated above.  Missions are my absolute favorite thing in the game.  But I even enjoy the racing because its GTA racing and not a specialized racing title.  

I just think that complaining about everybody who kills other players unprovoked for their fun and then further, labelling them all as some sort of noobish ex COD kid who is just out to ruin your and other players fun is pretty much saying that you don't really want GTA, you want a sandbox SIMS, and also its demeaning what they want out of the game in favor of a more clean cut approach based around just hangin out with friends.    

Killings IS one of the free choices you have in which to create the fun you desire.

• dandann93 likes this

dandann93
  • dandann93

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Once you get about 300K and a few cars it becomes less of a grind. I don't even have many flash cars, just a free bifta and free etiny. i'm not a chrome chadder guy. I come online, mess around with some crew members, and set a spending limit. Once i get to about 300k I do some missions...

A few good ways of getting money are:
Bounty's - only worth it when its over 5k 

Car selling - again only the SUVS are really worth the hassle 

Also, listening in to people helps. heard a guy (obviously a glitchy kinda guy) saying he was pimping out a car to give to someone.... it took a while but as soon as he left LSC I shot everyone around (about 4 guys). stole the car and sped off to my garage. left the session (you should of heard all the abuse and there was about 10 guys outside my house). sold it in a new session for a fair bit of money.

I did feel bad, but then again, he obviously had a lot of spare money. 

^^ I've done that 3 times now.

• TigerStyleLoungeAct likes this

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Once you get about 300K and a few cars it becomes less of a grind. I don't even have many flash cars, just a free bifta and free etiny. i'm not a chrome chadder guy. I come online, mess around with some crew members, and set a spending limit. Once i get to about 300k I do some missions...

A few good ways of getting money are:
Bounty's - only worth it when its over 5k 

Car selling - again only the SUVS are really worth the hassle 

Also, listening in to people helps. heard a guy (obviously a glitchy kinda guy) saying he was pimping out a car to give to someone.... it took a while but as soon as he left LSC I shot everyone around (about 4 guys). stole the car and sped off to my garage. left the session (you should of heard all the abuse and there was about 10 guys outside my house). sold it in a new session for a fair bit of money.

I did feel bad, but then again, he obviously had a lot of spare money. 

^^ I've done that 3 times now.

See now this is what I mean.  Yes the guy he stole from would be gutted and its mean, but its GTA.  You are playing it right.   Its virtual assets, virtual money, virtual fun.  They are playing GTA and should have been aware of the dangers around LSC.  I wish my wife would grasp this concept, constantly having to get into fights to save her precious cars n stuff lol.  ITS FUN FUN FUN.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

The joy is not the destination but the journey.
  • dandann93 likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

I only play on weekends and even then it's only for two hours, since I go by my 3 2-hour chunks time plan. It's to maximize the number of things I can do in a day IRL. It's pretty nice, actually.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

I agree with all of this but I don't think that mindless violence in a game such as this should be dismissed so readily.  I mean come on, its been said many times before, this is GTA.  
I'm by no means an immature gamer, I'm 31 and have no interest in the style in which the kids play games these days, its so pick up/put down if I can't get what I want right now type attitude.
But this does not mean I'm like them if i decide to fire up the game and go on a murder spree.  Like you say, it's all in good fun.  I don't know about you but I can and will laugh if somebody goes out of their way to f*ck up my ride.  I don't give a sh*t if they try and spawn kill me, I fight back and carry on with it.  If you don't want to fight join a new session or better still a private invite only one.
My main things of which I enjoy in this game are more or less what you have stated above.  Missions are my absolute favorite thing in the game.  But I even enjoy the racing because its GTA racing and not a specialized racing title.  

maybe I pushed my views a little to hard in my post and some of it was taken slightly wrong, im with you 100%, i think the big word here is CHOICE!..

My person view is that I would rather mastibate with a velcro glove than play in a open server, but thats my view and I have option Not to if I don't want, the main reason I hate open servers is the fact that its full of players who love mindless killing, now if you think about it, thats a good thing as there are servers filled with players who like the mayhem gta can offer, not my cuppa tea but a few button presses and I can play the way I and my crew/friends want to play again its all about what you want from the game...

maybe I worded it wrong in my initial post saying that racing/tdm was weak, but hopfully you know what I meant when placed up against shooters or racing games, I didn't actualy mean that gta is BAD in the area, there still grate fun, but again its my personal pref that I dont spend a great deal of time in these modes, but I do enjoy them when I do, but I definitely couldn't do a whole night in mission mode.

when people come on here complaining of the griefing in open lobbys, its like someone is talking about a different game to me, as i choose not to play in those lobbys and im just glad I have that option, but like you say it doesnt mean that those lobbys are bad, because if you like that mayhem they are great fun, but its not for me personly...

as for crew numbers dwindling, I would say this was always going to happen as everyone and there grandmother brought the game, with a vast amount of those either creating or joining crews, now not everyone was going to stick around, we all know what kids are lime these days as you said in your post, the generation of instant gratification, so once they have glitched their way to 2000.000000.000000.0000000.00000.000000 and had their fun owning lobbys as their one of the few with a buzzered they get board and leave, then you have the normal folk who generaly get board and spend most of there time in bf4 or the like.

Numbers were always going to fall after a few months, but its only a good thing that we have lost a lot of the @ss hats and are now for the most part we are left with people who actually want to play the game at some level..

All it takes now is for a these smaller crews to either merge or simply join a more active crew, there are still loads out there its not as if the game is dead far from it, but this is where crews will come into there own and show there strength in the games evolution..

We are starting to get quite a few threads now like "why dont people join missions anymore" and "mission lobbys empty, gta online is dying?" So ok why are people not joining? Simple answer is they are either doing something more interesting at that time or they are hangin with their crews and friends either in FR or mission, when the game was released and crews were not really in full swing we had millions of players sitting on their own in FR just fecking around so when an invite come our way 90% of people excepted, things have changed now and crews are starting to show their worth in the game now, personly I think its grate news for the future of gta online, rockstar can do a he11 of a lot more to make people happy while everyone is crewed up rather than trying to cater for millions of single players...

I know im going on here a bit but i got a bit of free time so ... lol

take MW for instance, you may hook up with a buddy or 2 and just do a search for a specific game and bam! A lobby fills within a few mins and off ya go, great stuff... now make a situation where MW was very clan oriented, it then changes to a situation where its a case of clan A organises and challenges clan B, so if the vast amount of players are now in clans playing in inter clan matches, its going to be harder for the lone player to simply search a game and have a lobby fill in a minute or two because most players are playing clan matches.. thats what weaare getting here right now... this is exactly what rockstar wanted imo and its working pretty well I think, do we need more stuff do to in our crews? Omg yessssss, but this is the first instalment of gta online, next gen is here now and rockstar have been able to evaluate how things have gone thus far and we can move on from their..

crews are where its at folks, gta online is nothing without them.... without them its just a glorified gta4 multiplayer with a few worthless addons...

geeeeeeeezzzz I think the wife might be right..... I talk way to much wahahahahah
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

aint nobody got time to read dat...text me the cliff notes.
  • iiGh0STt likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

This game is dead as f*ck now to me. Especially my playing mate has been off for a week.

But I still play it before sleeping just to relax after hard day at work before heading to bed. As you know, it's not only killing in GTA. I usually drive around, repaint cars, sell cars, do quick solo mission to get me some money. That's all. 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

This game is dead as f*ck now to me. Especially my playing mate has been off for a week.

But I still play it before sleeping just to relax after hard day at work before heading to bed. As you know, it's not only killing in GTA. I usually drive around, repaint cars, sell cars, do quick solo mission to get me some money. That's all. 

How can the game be dead to you when you're still playing it?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

@Staten...beat me to it.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

After they took my billons I didn't play much, I'm always here now 

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:30 PM Edited by Ciaran, 05 February 2014 - 04:56 PM.

aint nobody got time to read dat...text me the cliff notes.

wahahahaha... :D I know im sorry lol.. most women buy lots of shoes, mine buys lots of ear defenders hehe

No double posting, just edit the previous post

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

dont flame the guy for this ^^ , he has a point and proves my point 100%

the game has died for him because his m8 has been off for a week!!.. gta online is nothing without the social side intact, crews/bunch of friends are where its at folks

But the point is that he goes on to say that he still plays it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users