Anyone still playing regularly?

75 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

I recently acquired this game by a friend gracious enough to let me borrow it for awhile. I've been holding out on buying this because I'm waiting for a PC release, and so not to completely spoil myself, I decided to go to Online mode after completing that Jewelry store heist in SP.

A lot of stuff ingame are expensive. Things that you'd normally want like fast cars, upgrades, apartments and garages. I spent probably 15 hours, 5 yesterday and 10 today playing Online. I've gotten to Rank 8. I must say it's not easy, and it's not really a whole lot of fun, at least alone. Most of my friends on PSN that have this game don't play it anymore, and even after joining a crew, still hardly anyone joins me in a job when I invite. Those that do usually gets themselves killed and leave early, which forces me to complete it by myself. 

So I guess if there's a crew or maybe some of you guys here that play on PS3 that could help me in some Jobs to get more money and Rank up, I would be grateful. Considering my friend let me borrow it because he stopped playing it back in December, I might buy it off him and keep it for myself.

Also I reckon that I might have to complete the story mode to have access to more stuff in Online? 

• saintsrow likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:33 AM Edited by MantisFang, 05 February 2014 - 06:34 AM.

no, we come here for our health

find me.. i'll do a mission or two

• djmatao likes this

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Van Society Representative

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

it's like i always say

1 post a day keeps the cancer away

• MantisFang and djmatao like this

Dr. Sadler
  • Dr. Sadler

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

The forums are more fun than Online.

• tom_p1980, GTA-Freak-Vi, Lagful and 7 others like this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

I come here in hopes someone will post a justin beiber vag shot

Pritch
  • Pritch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

Add me pritch306 I also sent you a message on here

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:41 AM

It's not fun at all really. It's just grinding, and not even fun grinding.

Not to mention the random times when I get gunned down for no reason in free mode.

I was just sitting in a car in an alley looking at the cars on the internet, and some guy walks up and shoots me and steals the car I was in...

Robbing stores can be fun, but $1000 doesn't really help much in the long run. Most money I've seen is from the mission jobs and races which is like $2000-2500  :sui:

• saintsrow likes this

x_BlackRose
  • x_BlackRose

Peon

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

I have played many missions which pay in excess of 15K

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

Yes.

• TigerStyleLoungeAct likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

I have played many missions which pay in excess of 15K

Maybe you're a level higher than me?

I mean, I've tried doing the jobs and the missions, but I usually end up doing them alone 9.9/10.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Van Society Representative

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

Not to mention the random times when I get gunned down for no reason in free mode.

I was just sitting in a car in an alley looking at the cars on the internet, and some guy walks up and shoots me and steals the car I was in...

Robbing stores can be fun, but $1000 doesn't really help much in the long run. Most money I've seen is from the mission jobs and races which is like $2000-2500  :sui:

lesson - Freeroam is full of codfa**ots

tip - do races and survival, those rank you up quickly, reach rank 30(?), start playing coveted. $12000 each time

if you dont wanna wait that long to play coveted though, just find someone who's high enough rank and have them invite you

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

i play every single day. im also on the forum every single day. games fun. the forums are fun. i think that answers your question

• redfirebird87 likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

tip - do races and survival, those rank you up quickly, reach rank 30(?), start playing coveted. $12000 each time

if you dont wanna wait that long to play coveted though, just find someone who's high enough rank and have them invite you

I learned the first thing in my first 10 minutes of playing.

Races are great, but still it doesn't seem a lot of people are doing them anymore. Or at least as frequently. It's usually me and someone else, or me and 2 other persons. I'll try more of this when I can.

Thanks for the info though.

i play every single day. im also on the forum every single day. games fun. the forums are fun. i think that answers your question

Well, it answers the title question, so I guess so :)

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Life in the Big City

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:58 AM Edited by saintsrow, 05 February 2014 - 07:00 AM.

:^: :^: :^: Seriously, props to you for plainly and simply stating the impressions that a rational gamer has, coming into GTA Online without prejudice.  I agree with you completely. 

I still play GTA0 every day, and an occasional drive in GTAV, just because i invested so much emotion and enthusiasm, built up from my previous years of playing GTA 3D era games, enjoying the freedom of the well-designed sandbox. 

But even though this GTAV / GTA0 world is the most beautiful ever, Rockstar really crippled it (that is, with a half-assed story, and nothing to do after the story) with their pre-planned emphasis on GTA Online, which has fallen flat due to lack of anything to do expect play dirty and grind our asses off. 

A huge shame, a terrible loss.  Only the irredeemable addicts like me, and the immature sadistic losers, still play. 

• RyanBurnsRed, DaCosta, TigerStyleLoungeAct and 3 others like this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

I also find the forums more fun than online. I come here for a few laughs, there's some funny members here :lol:

Haven't been online in a week since my internet f*cked up and it'll take a while to be repaired :/

psilocybonaut
  • psilocybonaut

Psychonaut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

Racing a user created race that lasts over 4 min yield at least 2000RP, probably bit more. Just go slow if you need to to pass 4 min.

I don't think this has been patched?

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:03 AM

i play everyday...

things for noobs are a bit harder now that they were during the early days of gtao, starting now you missed all the high payouts/rp days, the lsc glitch days *thatevenknowhavebeenpatched4timesstillaround* the november/december money frenzy and the purge...

now youre dealing with low paying/rp missions and high prices.

try not to interact with no one directly on freeroam because you would end up dead 99% of the time.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

i play everyday...

things for noobs are a bit harder now that they were during the early days of gtao, starting now you missed all the high payouts/rp days, the lsc glitch days *thatevenknowhavebeenpatched4timesstillaround* the november/december money frenzy and the purge...

try not to interact with no one directly on freeroam because you would end up dead 99% of the time.

Yeah I've read about most of those on here. Back then I was still being completely oblivious because I'm waiting for the PC announcement. But after trying it myself for the first time, I can see why a lot of people complained.

As for free roam, I typically do stay away from other players. They just shoot at each for no particular reason. 

:^: :^: :^: Seriously, props to you for plainly and simply stating the impressions that a rational gamer has, coming into GTA Online without prejudice.  I agree with you completely. 

I still play GTA0 every day, and an occasional drive in GTAV, just because i invested so much emotion and enthusiasm, built up from my previous years of playing GTA 3D era games, enjoying the freedom of the well-designed sandbox. 

But even though this GTAV / GTA0 world is the most beautiful ever, Rockstar really crippled it (that is, with a half-assed story, and nothing to do after the story) with their pre-planned emphasis on GTA Online, which has fallen flat due to lack of anything to do expect play dirty and grind our asses off. 

A huge shame, a terrible loss.  Only the irredeemable addicts like me, and the immature sadistic losers, still play. 

That's the thing with an Online game like this. If there's no new content then you'll start to lose players. It's what happened to SWTOR.

I feel like there needs to be more to do, but what I don't understand is, why did Rockstar make it so hard to earn money? Grinding for 15 hours only to earn just over $15000 doesn't leave a very good first impression...

Also thanks for the helpful replies. 

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

i play everyday...

Yeah I've read about most of those on here. Back then I was still being completely oblivious because I'm waiting for the PC announcement. But after trying it myself for the first time, I can see why a lot of people complained.
As for free roam, I typically do stay away from other players. They just shoot at each for no particular reason. 

That's the thing with an Online game like this. If there's no new content then you'll start to lose players. It's what happened to SWTOR.
I feel like there needs to be more to do, but what I don't understand is, why did Rockstar make it so hard to earn money? Grinding for 15 hours only to earn just over $15000 doesn't leave a very good first impression...

Also thanks for the helpful replies. 
15 hours or 15 minutes?

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

pfft.. I don't STOP playin, 

0_0.jpg

ya I play its fun, make some high rank friends they should be able to help you out in a few ways.

I just made 200k this last hour; and no not from Coveted.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:23 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 05 February 2014 - 07:26 AM.

15 hours or 15 minutes?

Well let's see. I got the game on Sunday, and started playing Online yesterday afternoon from 1pm to around 6 pm. And then when I got home from class today I played from 2pm to 1 am. Then I took a break and came here to make this topic.

So give or take 10 hours. Of course I didn't play for 10 hours straight. I take snack breaks every now and then

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

I do but only with my friends or crew.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

15 hours or 15 minutes?

Well let's see. I got the game on Monday, and started playing Online yesterday afternoon from 1pm to around 6 pm. And then when I got home from class today I played from 2pm to 1 am. Then I took a break and came here to make this topic.
So give or take 10 hours. Of course I didn't play for 10 hours straight. I take snack breaks every now and then
just sold a car for 4000, robbed a store for 1000, and did a 3 min race for 2000.....do you just get money from corpses or something?
  • Hanshot 420th likes this

TavoTheRoman
  • TavoTheRoman

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

I play regularly. Addme Big_O_2196

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

I play everyday for about 2 hours, getting home from work and having to grind to spend is f*cking stupid i think..

I just bought a 360 so it's gunna be hell to have to repeat the process all over again but i wanted to play with friends on the other side. My PS3 character is at 141 so grinding is very very old news, i'm just going to go with high levels otherwise i won't bother robbing stores again that's for sure :D

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

Sell a car every 48 minutes, look out for a Baller (there's usually loads around)

baller2.jpg

They sell for $9000, rob stores, avoid the idiots and do some races you'll get some money behind you quite quickly.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

just sold a car for 4000, robbed a store for 1000, and did a 3 min race for 2000.....do you just get money from corpses or something?

No. I do the missions for Simeon and G (the drug guy), I do races sometimes, rob stores very frequently, and sell cars when I can. 

Sell a car every 48 minutes, look out for a Baller (there's usually loads around)

baller2.jpg

They sell for $9000, rob stores, avoid the idiots and do some races you'll get some money behind you quite quickly.

Thanks =) I'm already doing some of those things, but I'll keep an eye out for that particular car.

lowracin
  • lowracin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:56 AM Edited by lowracin, 05 February 2014 - 07:57 AM.

Yep sell a nice car or SUV for up to $9500.... that covers about an hour of ammo for free roam activities. After that 45min-1 hour, sell another one.

Be glad you don't lose up to $2000 each time you're wasted like we did in the beginning.

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

sooo.. play the game like its a job? sounds like fun

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Without doubt, the most fun is when you're playing with friends (or crews, if you like the people and are willing to chat.)

But even playing this way the most common heard phrase is, "So what shall we do now?"

I've had the most fun by making up things to do (setting bounties on ourselves and trying to survive the hour from a fortified position, trying to achieve 5 gang wars in one game-day for the Award, trying to land helicopters on trains), which begs the question why Rockstar couldn't locate the "fun" things in GTA:O and highlight them to players, like any good director of their material would do.

But now most of my friends have tired of GTA and, because I've been a GTA nut since GTA 3, I spend some time roaming Los Santos alone now. It's pretty boring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users