Photo

Benefits of 100%

5 replies to this topic
gremlinkurst
  • gremlinkurst

Old Hand

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:13 AM Edited by gremlinkurst, 05 February 2014 - 05:14 AM.

Please forgive my ignorance, but the answer to this question could be of great importance to my GTA IV experience. I know what the immediate rewards are of various 100% achievements in the currently-being-played-game, but are there any benefits with attaining those achievements with regard to subsequent playthroughs, i.e., if I start a new game with only a 100% file in the saves directory, will the Buzzard, speacial weapons, and infinite-ammo-carrying capacity¹ be available to me sooner than if I were playing for the first time? If thse perks are available only in the current game, not in any new games started after achieving 100%, then the perks are absolutely meaningless. You've got all these wonderful things now, but the game is frigging OVER, so what's the bloody POINT? The benefits are of no value whatsoever unless the benefits persist- so do they? I've started my second playthrough after 100%, but I'm not far enough along to have enough money, etc, to tell. So far, it looks like the benefits do NOT persist.

¹I noticed, much to my chagrin, that this is not precisely true: You don't have infinite ammo, not exactly: You can carry/buy infinite amounts of ammo, but if you save and reload the save after you bought, for instance, 300 RPG rounds, you now only have eight rounds- 292 rounds have vanished; you only have the huge amounts of ammo you've accumulated until you either are arrested, or save (I haven't tested if the excess is there after you die, whether or not you save).

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Recently listening to a lot of Aphex Twin...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

This losing of ammo is extremely annoying. Think about it, someone reads on the internet that you get unlimited ammo after 100% completion. He completes the game and then he buys 9999 ammo for all guns, losing his entirety of cash. Then he saves the game and the next day he's like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

New Name

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Does free ammo matter when you're sitting on 2 bil? If you save the Lester missions nothing costs to much. Just want to say that.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

Does free ammo matter when you're sitting on 2 bil? If you save the Lester missions nothing costs to much. Just want to say that.

Lester wasn't in GTA IV. :facedesk:

• lol232, Katve, Jeansowaty and 1 other like this

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

New Name

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Lester wasn't in GTA IV. :facedesk:

So sorry guys, I don't know how I didn't notice that I was on the IV part of the forums...

But still, money didn't run out in GTA IV.  I myself had so much money after finishing the story that it didn't matter what I bought. 

I agree with OP though, infinite ammo should be infinite ammo.

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

That made me smile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users