Photo

Hacking is too easy

8 replies to this topic
MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

+1 if you thought this was a troll post.

Hacking should be a skill that can be built up stat wise. Generally to make hacking harder and a talented hacker more valuable for heist.

For instance, a low stat in the skill could cause all the shifting numbers to vibrate/shake on the first screen (30.07.12.42 <-- that screen). The second screen (slots style) could have the red letters shift to a different letter in the column, so in addition to being based on timing it'll be based on figuring out the word that's trying to be spelled. Also, for the second screen a small colored blip could appear on the left indicating which color letter is required for each slot.
Example: Color blip is blue
The blue letter in each slot is the letter to choose, but the letter jumps around the slot among other colors instead of being on a fixed roll in tandem with being sped up when chosen. Choosing the wrong letter yields normal results.

I'm not sure what high stats would yield for this feature though, what do you guys think? Something with the time limit? Lessening these hack mechanics?
Also, for the colorblind gamers out there a colorblind setting for the game would have to be implemented. The idea can still take opinions though. (:

jennyjesus
  • jennyjesus

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

I'd be damned to hell, I'm already bad enough at hacking as it is! I think it's a good idea, however I don't know how often it would be put to use, since a majority of the missions don't use hacking.

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

I'd be damned to hell, I'm already bad enough at hacking as it is! I think it's a good idea, however I don't know how often it would be put to use, since a majority of the missions don't use hacking.

Haha
in cases like the higher ranked missions (Hack and Dash, LS connection, Chemical Extraction) the harder terminals during shoot outs would up the pressure by a lot. But the vibrating numbers might cause aneurisms....

Eh, so be it!

Hx1349
  • Hx1349

Baking Bad

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:10 AM

Hackers still definitely exist in GTA:Online lol.

First time in weeks, tonight I came across some guy who was lvl 5 with MAXED stats, but that's not where this stops.  He had god mode, appeared to be airbreaking / teleporting, and his machine gun was firing rockets at a very high rate of fire lol.

his name was DAG-_-5660

Wish I had a capture card so I could've recorded this.  

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Waiting for my PS4 to arrive.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

Hackers still definitely exist in GTA:Online lol.

First time in weeks, tonight I came across some guy who was lvl 5 with MAXED stats, but that's not where this stops.  He had god mode, appeared to be airbreaking / teleporting, and his machine gun was firing rockets at a very high rate of fire lol.

his name was DAG-_-5660

Wish I had a capture card so I could've recorded this.  

That's not the kind of hacking this thread is talking about.  :facedesk:

On Topic: I wholeheartedly agree, even when soloing a few of the hacking required missions on Hard, I still have no trouble with it. I'd say either have it scale with difficulty of the mission, or add a skill like you mentioned OP.

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

it should require 2 people one implementing the hacking and the other actually getting thru the mainframe for example one gets on a laptop and solves the code like you mentioned OP and the other hacks the mainframe on a different pattern unlock like a team effort so to say

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

The skill required is all in leaving 1 team member exposed while the terminal is hacked. Iy would be tougher if more attackers spawned.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

i would be fine with making the hacking harder if it was only for missions that required atleast 2 players .

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

The skill required is all in leaving 1 team member exposed while the terminal is hacked. Iy would be tougher if more attackers spawned.

or 2 buzzards with merryweather mercs lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users