• This topic is locked This topic is locked
525 replies to this topic
lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Are you plan to do special abilitiies  and character switching like in original V after converting map?

We are making GTA IV to be almost exactly the same as GTA V !

-Lafincow12

this is truly amazing , every one here making this game will be a part from gaming history . 
imagine R* used 200M $ on making GTA V but this modd team has made GTA V only using ZZCOOL foster money and pure love for GTA franchise . 
this just shows u dont need a million dollar company to make games .  

We are using their assets, so we need the million dollar company to make this mod :D

-Lafincow12

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

Are you plan to do special abilitiies  and character switching like in original V after converting map?

-Lafincow12

There's a saying, don't bite off more than you can chew. If you're now aiming this to be a complete replica of GTAV instead of a sampler which it was originally intended to be, you're bringing in a lot more hassle and time wasting, hell, by the time you even get to 20%, the actual PC version of GTAV will be out and interest in this will drop like a lead balloon.

• Kalvin and Ss4gogeta0 like this

CJ_Vercetti
  • CJ_Vercetti

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Regarding the map size. I have an idea, although I am not sure how good it is, and probably it was explored before.

Is it possible to scale down all the elements? So if a building has area of 100x100 pixels, to make it 70x70 and do so with everything, than afterwards just increase default camera zoom so everything looks normal, maybe little blurrier?

I guess this would cause issues with geometry, car paths, but it could be done?

MrLuquinhas
  • MrLuquinhas

It's here!

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

It's starting to look awesome guys. Keep up the good work.

Souzooka
  • Souzooka

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

-Lafincow12

Do you guys even have a plan to get this done?

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

One more question. Are you guys going to figure out a way to implement planes?

DaJeroen
  • DaJeroen

Beep Boop

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

http://www.youtube.c...lu9y-zso54#t=59

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

That's actually pretty impressive. Hope to see the planes break and explode like in GTA V. That was something I dreamed of way before the game had a release date confirmed.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

-Lafincow12

There's a saying, don't bite off more than you can chew. If you're now aiming this to be a complete replica of GTAV instead of a sampler which it was originally intended to be, you're bringing in a lot more hassle and time wasting, hell, by the time you even get to 20%, the actual PC version of GTAV will be out and interest in this will drop like a lead balloon.

As long as the youtube views for certain videos reach a healthy number, I think certain people would still consider it a success. 

• lafincow12 likes this

lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

That's actually pretty impressive. Hope to see the planes break and explode like in GTA V. That was something I dreamed of way before the game had a release date confirmed.

I would love to see that, it could be possible if helicopters were replaced, but, it's not really needed anyways.

More hassle than it's worth.

-Lafincow12

• Rockstar Games™ likes this

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by sibs44, 05 February 2014 - 03:50 PM.

You can't make it the same way as V, expect Rockstar to message you if it gets too close. Just sayin'. 

And if you don't believe me, A friend tried to remodel LC's buildings/textures a few years ago and Rockstar told him to stop. 

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

IMO I'm only interested in the map. I don't really care if vehicles/peds aren't converted.

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

You can't make it the same way as V, expect Rockstar to message you if it gets too close. Just sayin'. 

And if you don't believe me, A friend tried to remodel LC's buildings/textures a few years ago and Rockstar told him to stop. 

and there are also rumors that R* said the same to Boris Vorontsov a few years ago but I say this is just bullsh*t (at least until someone proof thats true)

• Rockstar Games™ likes this

lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Yes I kind of worded it wrong, sorry, I meant we are giving the game the same features, and making it very similar !

-Lafincow12

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

I would like to see softer controls, to make it more realistic, not that fast steering, that's way too crazy.

BTW, it's a nice mod.

kinobla
  • kinobla

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hey guys, do you have a list of already modded vehicles and where to download them. I am wondering mostly about the khamelion. It would be the sexiest car in the gta 4 enviroment

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Are you guys at least going to include the Beach Bum DLC vehicles to?

• BlackScout and lafincow12 like this

lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by lafincow12, 05 February 2014 - 06:22 PM.

I would like to see softer controls, to make it more realistic, not that fast steering, that's way too crazy.

BTW, it's a nice mod.

The handling will be very similar as V.

@Kinobla, check GTA 4 mods, there are lots of GTA V vehicles there !

-Lafincow12

Are you guys at least going to include the Beach Bum DLC vehicles to?

Maybe, we are just trying to get the basic features completed, then we will add stuff in like the Beach Bum DLC.

-Lafincow12

• Rockstar Games™ and BlackScout like this

SkyReaper2014
  • SkyReaper2014

Paleto Bay Resident

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

If gtav PC comes out first will you guys still complete this?

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Do you just extract the assets from GTAV or do you retopo them and/or make them from scratch?

lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

I will carry on, the PC version has better sounds and assets ;)

@Alvarez, we extract the assets from GTA V but they do require some editing to get inside the IV engine, we also had to get tools made.

-Lafincow12

• BlackScout likes this

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by Argon, 05 February 2014 - 07:57 PM.

this is truly amazing , every one here making this game will be a part from gaming history . 
imagine R* used 200M $ on making GTA V but this modd team has made GTA V only using ZZCOOL foster money and pure love for GTA franchise . 
this just shows u dont need a million dollar company to make games .  

That makes no sense. I'm well aware of the awesomeness of this project and the time dedicated to it, but they are still porting V to IV. They are not completely making the game from scratch. So yeah, since it's a port (getting IV's engine to work with V's files), they don't need the "500 people/5 years of development/official licenses" type of money. Also, everything they are doing right now is on the boundary of legal, and I'm not sure if R* would love this mod. They like it when people mod IV, because that game has sold a butload and people are just adding to the life cycle. But since this is not (yet) released on PC, they might actually not like fans doing it for them. It just proves that it's possible (which we all know), and with the knowledge that R* has, it should be very easy for them to do. They are either working on a kickass PC version, or they are simply ignoring it. 

Anyway, this project is awesome and the new thread has kicked it right back to an epic start. New screens look great, the visual settings look sorta spot-on, and I just love the AA, which the console versions clearly lacked. There are still some things that look a bit unnatural, I guess just to clean, but so far, it looks very promising. Keep it up, would be amazing to see a Beta version released in the next month or two!

EDIT: I can see this project receiving a Cease & Desist Letter.  :/ I would suggest keeping it on the down-low..

• itrpatrick likes this

DaJeroen
  • DaJeroen

Beep Boop

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hey Lafincow12,

There is a lot of attention to the thread I posted on Reddit. Lots of people asking questions, maybe you could answer some if you have Reddit.

http://www.reddit.co..._sa_screenshot/

128 upvotes 31 downvotes

• lafincow12 likes this

Brofist32
  • Brofist32

Badass Raging Guy

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Hey guys, nice to see a new thread, but i have a question. Will low-end PC's run this? Like 2 Core CPU's and 4 GB RAM? I'm curious

myst7
  • myst7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Hey guys, nice to see a new thread, but i have a question. Will low-end PC's run this? Like 2 Core CPU's and 4 GB RAM? I'm curious

Yes it will, if you can play GTA IV normally. Don't use ENB Series and that's it.

lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Yes, not as well as normal because of the way the objects are drawn and the large amount of files.

-Lafincow12

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

Once downtown LS is finished, can you release that only? And then release the full version when Blaine County is finished? That would be cool.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

Once downtown LS is finished, can you release that only? And then release the full version when Blaine County is finished? That would be cool.

No, Map Limits, unless these guys have some secret that not even the best GTA RAGE modders have found, then this mod will never be complete in the sense that the full map will never be available.

• theNGclan and Rockstar Games™ like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

I will carry on, the PC version has better sounds and assets ;)

@Alvarez, we extract the assets from GTA V but they do require some editing to get inside the IV engine, we also had to get tools made.

-Lafincow12

Thanks for the answer!

By the way, can i ask you how the polycount of the GTA5 vehicle meshes is? How did it improve against GTA4, does it have a more detailed damage model underneath the car body?

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

"GTA V: Crybaby Edition"

Alright, no, I will not be that guy. I'm impressed. Good luck in the completion of this ambitious project, folks. I hope to see Niko on vacation soon. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users