Photo

how often..

58 replies to this topic
fofofofofofofofo
  • fofofofofofofofo

A.K.A OmgLolOmgLol

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:19 AM Edited by fofofofofofofofo, 05 February 2014 - 03:23 AM.

I see them almost every day. But so far, in all of my 4D playtime of GTA Online, i've only seen 1 special crate drop that gave me 1500 minigun ammo, $5,000 and 5k RP. But i've already collected so many normal crate drops that I dont even bother anymore...Seriously, why go get a crate drop only to get like 200 RP and $1,000 only to make someone else rage for stealing "their" crate and start spawnkilling you for collecting a sh*tty crate drop? I once got 100 RP and $1,500 from a crate drop, and this level 96 guy wouldn't stop running me over with his Adder or sending me rage messages saying "IT WAS MY CRATE DROP YOU POS!" and "GO GET A LIFE ASSHOLE!"

• Buzzbox likes this

JimmyDeSanta
  • JimmyDeSanta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

Xbox player, public free roams, and I find it strange that you don't see them.. I've gotten 3 in a matter of a couple hours before.. Most of the time I get RP + cash.. I once got an RPG with 3 rockets and a sticky grenade.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

i see regular crates on a daily basis along with those special crates that never drop.

a rarity for me are the armored trucks. only seen 12 since october!

rawkus0815a
  • rawkus0815a

Street Hustla

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:50 AM Edited by rawkus0815a, 05 February 2014 - 07:55 AM.

Yesterday I collected a special create.

5000 cash
5000 rp
Minigun
Armor

This was the first create since more than a week for me ;)

Interesting thing: a friend of mine who was in the same lobby had no message that the create dropped or that I collected it. He also wonders why there seem no crates to drop anymore. He had Seen his last crate months ago.
It seems to be also very buggy...

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Never.

do they even exist anymore ?  :dontgetit:

This!

And Ron keeps calling about it.

If i could i'd put a bullet in Rons head for calling me during gunfights  :sneaky:

Anyway, crate drops activated at Rank 51 on my main character and i'm rank 60 now, taken like 1 crate because sometimes they don't even spawn/drop not even in invite or solo either, there it's just a big green circle  :/  

Not even armored trucks gives me the coinsacks even though it said they've dropped  :nervous:

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

I see them regularly - maybe every hour or so.

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

You lucky sumbeeach  :evilgrin:

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

Twice ever.  First time I was in a crew mate's car, wondered where he was going and realised what it was.  Second time I was in a session on my own, got it and it was about $1000 and 300RP with no weapons.

Last night I came out of a mission and was right next to a massive green circle on the HUD.  So I went and sat in the circle, no other players in the session anywhere near me, and nothing happened.  Is that supposed to be a crate drop?  Should I have waited longer?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:28 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 05 February 2014 - 11:28 AM.

You lucky sumbeeach  :evilgrin:

It's normally about 250RP and a gun that I don't want, so not that lucky :p.  I mostly go after them for the conflict.  I don't really like conflict for the sake of it, like the usual free roam fights.  I like it when there's an objective.  I also like to drop a sticky on the crate and then hide.  It's the one time you can pretty much guarantee that someone will not care about nearby blips and go for the target regardless.

• RogueStatus likes this

NomadRider
  • NomadRider

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

How often? Why not put more info in the topic title then no one has to guess what it is about.  I never read what these retardedly named topics are about. No one should waste their time actually reading them! 

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Why couldn't you

...have put the rest of the sentence in the title?

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

just picked one up last night

Buzzbox
  • Buzzbox

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

How about driving half way across the map for 250rp and a mini gun big deal usually just a waste of time.

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Yesterday I collected a special create.

5000 cash
5000 rp
Minigun
Armor

This was the first create since more than a week for me ;)

Interesting thing: a friend of mine who was in the same lobby had no message that the create dropped or that I collected it. He also wonders why there seem no crates to drop anymore. He had Seen his last crate months ago.
It seems to be also very buggy...

i think thats the first i have seen armor in a crate drop.

DavidCore89
  • DavidCore89

XDBX

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Crate drop in free roam - They drop very often just haven't gone for one yet

Crate drop Invite only - Not seen one for months

Cash trucks - Everywhere

I do wish Ron would stop with his damn calls all the time though, as if anyone could forget about him

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

All the time. Only problem I have with them though is that they don't show up on the big map, I have to navigate my way to them using the minimap. I'm used to where they typically drop though so without looking I usually have a good idea where I'm headed.

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Queens of the Damned Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

I see them all the time! 

Soulrise
  • Soulrise

Original Guerrilla

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Just picked up a crate last night (it wasn't a Special Crate) so they're definitely still happening.

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Pretty often...and sometimes with both hands.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Never.

do they even exist anymore ?  :dontgetit:

This!

And Ron keeps calling about it.

If i could i'd put a bullet in Rons head for calling me during gunfights  :sneaky:

Anyway, crate drops activated at Rank 51 on my main character and i'm rank 60 now, taken like 1 crate because sometimes they don't even spawn/drop not even in invite or solo either, there it's just a big green circle  :/  

Not even armored trucks gives me the coinsacks even though it said they've dropped  :nervous:

Yeah I hear ya!

I am Rank 109 at the moment... Still yet to see any...

And yeah, about those armored trucks... Lack of coinsacks, the last time I blow the doors open...

I don't even bother with them now.

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by JoeMamma, 05 February 2014 - 11:14 PM.

For those saying they never see them:  I don't know how.  I see one at least once a day still.  They have gotten sh*ttier and sh*ttier, though.  They used to have like $3,000 and 600RP every time...now it's like $1,000 or less and like 200RP.

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

I got two more crate drops back to back today.  Both were in the $2000/200rp range.  So that makes three in two days where I was the only one in a full lobby to even go after it.

If R* wants these to have any relevance at all, I think they need to up the value.  As of now, no one cares.

Personally I find it fun, just for the change of pace.  You know, get out of the chaos of the city for a little while and go for a chopper ride.

as to the armored trucks, I've never seen the back to back to back trucks I sometimes read about, but I'm getting one or two every session.  Usually around $8k - $10k and 2000rp per truck, so definitely worth the effort.  My attack goes like this.  Follow the truck for a few blocks (seems to increase the payout if you follow it for a while) and toss a sticky on the back.  Back off a few car lengths, and BOOM!. drive up to the bags, grab them, then call Lester.  Done.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

I see and collect at least 2-5 crates in a 2-3 hour play session, when I'm on some free roam only sh*t. More on the weekends.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

I see and collect at least 2-5 crates in a 2-3 hour play session, when I'm on some free roam only sh*t. More on the weekends.

I think you might have answer my questions about the crates... :)

I am hardly in Free Roam... Only doing missions, not giving the game a long enough time for the crates to drop...

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Often enough to not post a thread about it.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:46 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 06 February 2014 - 11:49 PM.

I am hardly in Free Roam... Only doing missions, not giving the game a long enough time for the crates to drop...

Yeah, collecting crates requires a fair amount of time being spent in FR.

Just a tip, if you do get a notification of an incoming crate, do go into the green circle. Going into the green circle cause the crate to glitch and not appear. Also, that green circle will now be forever on the map in that session. Set a waypoint for the green circle and wait until the crate drops. The green circle will then turn into a green box with a question mark, signaling that the crate has been dropped and is ready for pick-up. Crates do drop in solo, invite-only, closed crew, and closed friend sessions.

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Everyone keeps talking about these crate drops. I've never seen, heard or felt them so they must not exist.

You're a bunch of liars.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

Everyone keeps talking about these crate drops. I've never seen, heard or felt them so they must not exist.

You're a bunch of liars.

Your logic reminds me of this.....

video-game-logic.jpeg

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Yeah, collecting crates requires a fair amount of time being spent in FR.

Just a tip, if you do get a notification of an incoming crate, do go into the green circle. Going into the green circle cause the crate to glitch and not appear. Also, that green circle will now be forever on the map in that session. Set a waypoint for the green circle and wait until the crate drops. The green circle will then turn into a green box with a question mark, signaling that the crate has been dropped and is ready for pick-up. Crates do drop in solo, invite-only, closed crew, and closed friend sessions.

Nice! Thanks for the tips!

Will have to try it out in FR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users