Are you a Rat-Loader lover?

91 replies to this topic
GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

I am a Ratloader lover. Have a spot waiting for it. Will replace my Coquette which will get me over 200k at LSC to use for the Rat upgrades so I dont go below 3 million.

Already use my Sultan as a sports car even though its slower. I like cars that are off the street instead of the websites. I wont get rid of my Z-type though. Too pretty.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

The only reason people "miss" it was because it was "removed". There is nothing outstanding about this vehicle in anyway, shape or form.

Bio may come in and quote me saying "old school hot-rod" though lol.

Of course people miss it because it was removed.... If it wasn't removed, we wouldn't miss it... Because... we'd still have it...

Way to make a redundant statement.

Used to always drive my 'loader when vehicle performance was not required

Because it's actually a garbage vehicle that became over hyped - people followed along with that. There's nothing good or fun about it. Ergo redundancy required.

Your opinion, mines different. Which one of us is right? Me.

I had alot of fun with my Rat and so did most others who had it, if you don't like the Rat then don't get one when they come back.  

Indeed, I loved slowly restoring my Ratloader as I leveled up, and was allowed/able to purchase its next level of upgrades. It was also the first vehicle in which I got armor proof tires onto, it made this thing a moving tank! It was great in the first few weeks of the game. My truck grew and evolved right along with me. With each new gun I acquired, (and met on the streets) my truck got another level of armor to combat it. I did everything from jumping over the houses in Vinewood hill onto a bounty target, killing him on impact, to driving it out of a Titan over Fort Zancudo. I can't wait to have my sh*tty ol' rust bucket back! :,)

• JRC99 likes this

secrules2
  • secrules2

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

Neat looking but a terrible vehicle IMO.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:06 AM Edited by G37, 05 February 2014 - 02:08 AM.

The only reason people "miss" it was because it was "removed". There is nothing outstanding about this vehicle in anyway, shape or form.

Of course people miss it because it was removed.... If it wasn't removed, we wouldn't miss it... Because... we'd still have it...

Because it's actually a garbage vehicle that became over hyped - people followed along with that. There's nothing good or fun about it. Ergo redundancy required.

I had alot of fun with my Rat and so did most others who had it, if you don't like the Rat then don't get one when they come back.  

I have no interest nor plan in getting one. To each his own but simply because you like it and have fun does not make your opinion any more correct than mine, it's subjective. So unfortunately for you, you aren't wrong, but you certainly are NOT right. Move along.

I had one all fixed up before I was ever in the loop. You may not see anything cool about them, but that is your opinion, not a fact. Don't speak in absolutes, it makes you look ignorant.  

0_0.jpg

So I would be ignorant if I said something like "the Hotknife is also a garbage vehicle"? A large amount of people would happen to agree with me (closer to a majority), are we all ignorant? By your poor logic, I suppose that's the case.

I should mention I find it curious why you didn't ask what I meant by "garbage". Ignorance, it's a funny thing isn't it? Keep living in that dream world.

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

I'm glad people despise it. More for me, you can have your chrome entity and car of the moment that makes you think you look cool on a forum full of whiners.

0_0.jpg

VEOumWP.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I love your take on this truck!

Great style.

And, what is this??

0_0.jpg

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:05 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 05 February 2014 - 03:07 AM.

I have no interest nor plan in getting one. To each his own but simply because you like it and have fun does not make your opinion any more correct than mine, it's subjective. So unfortunately for you, you aren't wrong, but you certainly are NOT right. Move along.

I had one all fixed up before I was ever in the loop. You may not see anything cool about them, but that is your opinion, not a fact. Don't speak in absolutes, it makes you look ignorant.  

0_0.jpg

So I would be ignorant if I said something like "the Hotknife is also a garbage vehicle"? A large amount of people would happen to agree with me (closer to a majority), are we all ignorant? By your poor logic, I suppose that's the case.

I should mention I find it curious why you didn't ask what I meant by "garbage". Ignorance, it's a funny thing isn't it? Keep living in that dream world.

Well of course they think they're garbage, the Hotknife, for starters, is a 30's show car. It wasn't designed to pull a hairpin turn at 70mph, that's why you think it's garbage. Of course it isn't going to handle like a Goddamn 2014 super F1 McLaren! And then, you have the Ratloader, a 70 something year old invertible stock rust bucket that you can find out back behind someone's house covered in sh*t, missing its bed, and bent all to f*ck. We're lucky that thing even drives in GTA:O, let alone out races a new Porsche or Corvette...

And, while I'm at it, "majority" does not make ANYONE right. Nearly everyone in North Korea thought that Kim jon il was God, they literally thought he was God. They thought he invented farming, and wrote every book, and made every movie ever made... Doesn't mean they were right though! Back in the day, EVERYONE thought the world was flat, and the universe revolved around us, out of, guess what? IGNORANCE. IGNORANCE is the cause of most things in this world. "Oh this handles like sh*t compared to my Sultan." Well your Sutaln is a new Subaru designed for racing, the Ratloader is a 70 year old pickup truck that was badly taken care of, and has nearly 70 year old tech inside of it. OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO HANDLE WORSE!

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

I love how the thread is called Ratloader lovers. But the haters want to come in and give their opinions :blink:

I guess if you have soft hands and you never turned a wrench on an old car or truck ya dont get it!  And you wouldn't appreciate it.

If they took away your shiny Eurotrash for no good reason, I guess I wouldn't give a sh*t either.

Nor would I bother reading a thread title Eurotrash lovers... :v:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

:cool:

• Omnifarious likes this

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

Secretly Ascended

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

@kstowe it's a bedless one, you can modify them in using a save editor. technically one of the big reasons they were removed from garages to begin with, the back end loses it's hit box when you drive a bedless one. 'game breaking' for your trucks rear end to essentially have 'passive mode' i guess. lol.
  • kstowe likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:37 AM Edited by AfterDeath, 05 February 2014 - 03:42 AM.

I lost interest as soon as I bought the "Chromed out V8" visual option and the truck still sounded like it had a 6 cylinder.

Still much better than Infiniti G37 though (heeeheeeheee)

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:39 AM

Yeah it does have that farty 6cyl sound to it. The turbo changes the sound a little.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:50 AM Edited by G37, 05 February 2014 - 04:57 AM.

I love how the thread is called Ratloader lovers. But the haters want to come in and give their opinions :blink:

I guess if you have soft hands and you never turned a wrench on an old car or truck ya dont get it!  And you wouldn't appreciate it.

If they took away your shiny Eurotrash for no good reason, I guess I wouldn't give a sh*t either.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Is that actually the name of the thread? Because I swear it is titled "Are you a Rat-Loader lover?" Verbatim, yup I'm reading that too. It's a question. So of course there's going to be those (myself and others included if you've read any of the posts here) that do not like it. This has nothing to do with "turning a wrench" or "working on old cars" to get it. We can all appreciate it being in game - that's it and that's as far as my enthusiasm goes on this vehicle.

Well of course they think they're garbage, the Hotknife, for starters, is a 30's show car. It wasn't designed to pull a hairpin turn at 70mph, that's why you think it's garbage. Of course it isn't going to handle like a Goddamn 2014 super F1 McLaren! And then, you have the Ratloader, a 70 something year old invertible stock rust bucket that you can find out back behind someone's house covered in sh*t, missing its bed, and bent all to f*ck. We're lucky that thing even drives in GTA:O, let alone out races a new Porsche or Corvette...

And, while I'm at it, "majority" does not make ANYONE right. Nearly everyone in North Korea thought that Kim jon il was God, they literally thought he was God. They thought he invented farming, and wrote every book, and made every movie ever made... Doesn't mean they were right though! Back in the day, EVERYONE thought the world was flat, and the universe revolved around us, out of, guess what? IGNORANCE. IGNORANCE is the cause of most things in this world. "Oh this handles like sh*t compared to my Sultan." Well your Sutaln is a new Subaru designed for racing, the Ratloader is a 70 year old pickup truck that was badly taken care of, and has nearly 70 year old tech inside of it. OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO HANDLE WORSE!

I'm not sure what exactly you're getting at, but if anything it seems to support my argument and opinion. Especially if you're comparing it to things such as that. Which I suppose I didn't have to illustrate, you did for me. Again, to each his own. Is it neat looking? Sure. Is it neat to have in Online? Sure. Was there a lot of bandwagon-ing involved? Yup. IMO it's garbage outside of those first two factors.

We seem to agree to disagree, which is fine. Why others turn this into a battle of "what do you know" + "you're ignorant", I have no idea.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Bustre

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:26 AM

The way its engine sounds is a major turn off. It completely ruins the vehicles, in my opinion.

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

The way its engine sounds is a major turn off. It completely ruins the vehicles, in my opinion.

I think the motors from those days didn't sound as grunty as the newer big block V8s of today.  I think R* did that to keep it's original feel.  The super loud ones we see in car shows have been obviously modified to sound that way.  In saying that, i DO wish that it sounded like a V8 beef cake after you upgrade it at LSC.

• JRC99 likes this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:30 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 05 February 2014 - 06:37 AM.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Is that actually the name of the thread? Because I swear it is titled "Are you a Rat-Loader lover?" Verbatim, yup I'm reading that too. It's a question. So of course there's going to be those (myself and others included if you've read any of the posts here) that do not like it. This has nothing to do with "turning a wrench" or "working on old cars" to get it. We can all appreciate it being in game - that's it and that's as far as my enthusiasm goes on this vehicle.

I'm not sure what exactly you're getting at, but if anything it seems to support my argument and opinion. Especially if you're comparing it to things such as that. Which I suppose I didn't have to illustrate, you did for me. Again, to each his own. Is it neat looking? Sure. Is it neat to have in Online? Sure. Was there a lot of bandwagon-ing involved? Yup. IMO it's garbage outside of those first two factors.

We seem to agree to disagree, which is fine. Why others turn this into a battle of "what do you know" + "you're ignorant", I have no idea.

Because you said, that by being with the majority, it somehow made you right, just because it was the majority's vote. "Are we all ignorant?" "So I would be ignorant if I said something like, "the Hotknife is also a garbage vehicle." even though the majority of people would agree with me?

You kept bringing up ignorance, and kept mentioning majority thinking, so I let you know, that the "group mind" mentality is not always right, just because the most people think that way, does not mean they are right. Just because most of the south thought slavery was a good thing, didn't mean that it was. They thought blacks weren't people out of ignorance, just another animal to use. Just because most people think game programing is easy out of ignorance, does not mean that it is easy. Just because most people agree that blank, blank, blank, etc, etc, etc...

I mentioned all of those things, because people always complain that it doesn't turn fast enough, or doesn't brake right etc, so it sucks... Well, it wasn't designed to do any of that, it's a show car, it was designed to look pretty, SEVENTY YEARS AGO... People are judging it purely on their current day knowledge, not basing it on what it was at the time. Seventy years ago, that truck was the best looking, and best performing thing around. Just because a GT 40 can out race a Daytona doesn't mean that the Daytona suddenly looses its entire iconic history all at once, and is immediately relegated to "sh*t." People are all like," Not an Adder, don't care, burn it alive." "It doesn't do 0-60 in 1.8 seconds, don't care." And I'm like, "That's not the point of this vehicle people, not by a long shot, so stop judging it as so." Well, at least some people get it, as there's an entire sub-culture behind these vehicles.

Also, LooooooooooooooooooL.

8sGtPtJ.jpg

RossCA
  • RossCA

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

0_0.jpg

Oh very nice! You went for more of a classic, stock look for it, white walls and hubs n' all! Very nice. I didn't see very many "restored" Ratloaders around.

Here's one of the only pictures I have of mine. (It was quite different to this when Rockstar took it away, but I didn't know to take a picture of it, 'cause well, I wasn't expecting it to be taken away...)

AauMoJT.jpg

Thanks a lot! I wasn't expecting it either and think its pretty ridiculous what they did after making so many options available for it in the first place.  

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:06 AM

No.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

I don't really like it.  It's a Duneloader for hipsters.   

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Stop being such a fa**ot for f*cks sake. Jesus you weren't even arguing with me, and you were pissing me off. So many people like you act like such whino-bitches and it pisses me off.

OT: I dig the Ratloader. Once I found out how much you can mod it, it made it even better. You don't have to like it, but the people that do know what it's real potential is.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:37 AM Edited by G37, 06 February 2014 - 03:39 AM.

Stop being such a fa**ot for f*cks sake. Jesus you weren't even arguing with me, and you were pissing me off. So many people like you act like such whino-bitches and it pisses me off.

OT: I dig the Ratloader. Once I found out how much you can mod it, it made it even better. You don't have to like it, but the people that do know what it's real potential is.

Let me shorten down that happy quote button for you. Why are you getting so bent out of shape over the fact I don't like the Ratloader? Does it strike some certain nerve for you? Get over yourself.

It's certainly not going to make me upset if you dislike a car I like.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:39 AM

Let me shorten down that happy quote button for you. Why are you getting so bent out of shape over the fact I don't like the Ratloader? Does it strike some certain nerve for you? Get over yourself.

No, it's bothering me that you're ARGUING with people over it. 

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

No, it's bothering me that you're ARGUING with people over it. 

I merely called it garbage. Others felt the need to drag that out with completely irrelevant comparisons and ipso factos, so I merely entertained their ideas.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

However you do sound upset that people like a car that you dislike.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

However you do sound upset that people like a car that you dislike.

On the contrary, couldn't bother me at all. I do believe I let the matter end itself with "to each his own" + "agree to disagree". Merely entertaining more conversation at this point.

blingdiablo
  • blingdiablo

Shiny Devil

• Members
  • Belize

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Sold the Phoenix, and got my "Lil' Rubber Duckie"

0_0.jpg

• Black & White likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

I haven't even seen the Rat-loader in-game. What's good about the vehicle?

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

I haven't even seen the Rat-loader in-game. What's good about the vehicle?

Don't expect it to be easy or fun (unless you like terrible handling like I do) to drive.

It's got a load of mod options and has a lot of character.

If you don't like cars with terrible breaking and traction, and you don't like how this thing looks, then don't get it.

If you do, then get it.

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Mark Ass Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Its got a lot of drastic mod options, some look good other not so much.

For an old style pick-up, it's got some giddyup....once you stop spinning your back tires while going nowhere.

As reform said, the handling is the worst I've driven of a car you needed to request, and may be the worst speed to handling ratio in the game.  You get going full blast, good luck, you're heading straight ahead and nowhere else.

To put my opinion in perspective, it's completely free and very variable, and I still don't want it.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

As long as you don't start at full throttle, you won't get the tire spin, and you can get moving quicker.

... But that tire spin is half the fun.

Face Down
  • Face Down

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

No....looks like crap and drives worse!

blingdiablo
  • blingdiablo

Shiny Devil

• Members
  • Belize

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

No....looks like crap and drives worse!

I presume you're talking about yourself as a driver... because "looks like crap and drives worse." 

The rat-loader is easily manageable if you know how to drive any muscle car. And it's got a lot more character than most other vehicles. Sure its turning radius is large and it brakes like it's on ice compared to other vehicles in the game, but a good driver can take that and work with it...and look good doing it.  

Haters gonna hate. 

• IH8PITT likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users