• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic
tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I apologize for having to make a thread about this, but George Zimmerman haters piss me off. If a recent break-in happened at one of the houses in your neighborhood and you saw a suspicious-looking guy walking with a hood on as if he's hiding his identity, of course you're going to see if he had anything to do with it. You would report it to the police and you would still follow him to make sure he doesn't get away. For all you know, he could be a murderer who would return to kill some people if you just call the police and let him run away because it would be too late by the time police officers got there. Realize that Trayvon was RUNNING away because he thought Zimmerman was some crazy guy about to do something to him, while Zimmerman took Trayvon's act of running as a means of escaping Zimmerman and the law. All in all, the two misunderstood the hell out of each other. If Trayvon started approaching you to attack you, you'd think he's trying to murder you to get rid of an eyewitness. At this point, you ARE going to mistake him for a criminal, and you're going to kill him as soon as you could so he doesn't kill you. There's a reason why police officers treat a suspect as if he or she has a gun. If Trayvon started beating you up, you would be thinking he might have some sort of weapon on him that he's going to use to kill you with.

I don't the Zimmerman haters realize what really went on. They think Zimmerman ran after Trayvon, beat the hell of Trayvon, Trayvon fought back, and Zimmerman shot Trayvon dead. It bugs me that they're so stupid to understand what really happened.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

No one cares about this anymore. 

• Moonshield, Adler, stu and 4 others like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:49 PM Edited by StingrayX, 04 February 2014 - 09:55 PM.

I stopped reading when you said he could have been a murderer. I could be a mass murderer right now and you wouldn't even know it. Such an unneeded thread too. Unpopular Opinions is where you should have posted this.

Edit: I read on anyways and indeed there were some stupid points made in your post. If I noticed some anonymous man tailing me on foot, I would indeed have a problem. I mean who wouldn't? Zimmerman is an idiot who simply made an ass out of himself by assuming Trayvon was a man with devious intentions just because he was black and wore a hoody. Trayvon didn't even look intimidating at all now that I think about it
  • Melchior likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

You're right. There's no clear answer on what happened that night. This is why we should install security cameras at every possible angle every five feet to prevent stuff like this from ever happening again in the future.

I kid.

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

The situation could have been handled in a hundred different ways, 99 of which would not have resulted in Trayvon Martin's murder. I fail to see how firing a gun at an individual could be perceived as something other than an attempt at cold-blooded murder. This is why I am extremely against firearms, if this happened in a country where it was illegal to carry a weapon, he'd still have been alive. 

• Sting4S likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

If you want to be grumpy and groan about something, here is a perfectly good topic to do so :)

http://gtaforums.com...y-old-forumers/

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

This is going places. 

The situation could have been handled in a hundred different ways, 99 of which would not have resulted in Trayvon Martin's murder. I fail to see how firing a gun at an individual could be perceived as something other than an attempt at cold-blooded murder. This is why I am extremely against firearms, if this happened in a country where it was illegal to carry a weapon, he'd still have been alive. 

Guns caused all this. If he had a knife he would've stayed his hand and talked rationally with Trayvon. No violence would've occurred.

Yep.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

1541249125_cant_simmer_the_zimmer.jpeg

But seriously, what happened happened. Whether you agree with the verdict or not, it's time to move on. There are hundreds of other cases where innocent people receive jail time, and/or guilty people get away Scott free. This was just one of the few that was publicized because of the racial implications. 

go justice system

• universetwisters and Frank Brown like this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

No one cares about this anymore. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

It's difficult to argue that Zimmerman handled the situation anything other than atrociously, but the jury spoke on the issue and found him not guilty. As I've said in the thread discussing this, by the metric of basically every civilised society in existence, it would have probably been judged to be manslaughter. Not murder, as there was no clear intent to kill or seriously injure Martin until the altercation took place, but fatally shooting a teenager during a fist fight when you've got fifty pounds on them, and are armed, and in a situation in which there's no clear threat to life, is pretty questionable. In fact, it almost perfectly meets the criteria of constructive manslaughter- Zimmerman was clearly negligent and quite possibly criminal in harassing Martin and therefore instigating the fight which resulted in Martin's death- in that respect he's no different from someone running a red light and killing a pedestrian in the process.

Then there are significant unanswered questions about the prosecution case. There was never a reasonable prospect of conviction for second-degree murder because there was absolutely no feasible way that it could have been proven beyond reasonable doubt that Zimmerman intended to kill Martin. The fact that the prosecution had to fall back on a lesser charge reflects badly on their case.

Given the way the trial was conducted and the weakness of the prosecution case, plus the debacle with the second-degree murder charge, I'm not remotely surprised that Zimmerman walked. Doesn't make it right or fair or just, but as far as the US justice system is concerned, not guilty is not guilty- no chance for a retrial because of the double jeopardy laws even if there were new material facts.

Tl;Dr, it's all been discussed a million times over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users