Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should GTA spawn a Spiritual Spin-off Franchise?

17 replies to this topic
BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

GTA has existed for 16 years with 15 games spawning 3 Generations of the Consoles,PS1,PS2 and PS3 and Xbox and Xbox360.It will be 20 years in 2017 and it the "Most Successful Game Franchise of All Time".I was think after it 20th Anniversary,it should spawn a Spin-off Franchise just like how Splinter Cell and Rainbow 6 are two diferent franchise but under Tom Clancy.
So here is what i think,GTA Presents Gangs,GTA is still the name but Gangs is a spin-off Franchise.and with Gangs Rockstar could use diferent U.S cities for each games and each game is Stand-alone like it Father Brands (GTA) and it focuses on different gangs crimes.
This is not a concept,i thought with Spin-off Franchises Present under the Grand Theft Auto (GTA)brand,GTA could go on for another 20/30 years.

Examples of Franchise that have Presented-Spin-off Franchises;
*Mario-Super Mario,Mario and Sonic,Luigi
*Tom Clancy-Splinter Cell,Rainbow 6
*Half Life-Portal
So it could be i.e.
Grand Theft Auto Presents:Gang 1,Gangs and Gangs 3 or it could be Grand Theft Auto Presents:Crime Land etc.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

How would a spinoff in anyway be different from any GTA game? Every GTA focuses on different criminal organisations anyway, none have ever been direct sequels anyway so with this train of thought every GTA is it's own thing as opposed to being a part of the same franchise.
  • Zello likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

How would a spinoff in anyway be different from any GTA game? Every GTA focuses on different criminal organisations anyway, none have ever been direct sequels anyway so with this train of thought every GTA is it's own thing as opposed to being a part of the same franchise.

True Talk.but with a Spin-off Franchise,the mini-series wont have the fundamentals of GTA franchise except for brand names and maybe locations.The only thing the new Franchise shares with GTA is just the name.while GTA would be the Central Franchise.For example,Tom Clancy's Splinter cell and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon are two separate mini-franchises and the only thing the share is the name Tom Clancy.

Let Say GTA (1997-Present) does that,it would be i.e. GTA Presents:Gangs,the latter would be the Sub Franchise to GTA and the it wont use GTA's Pricedown Logo.and also GTAO might be a potential online mmo franchise to GTA.and it would be moving to new locations.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

and i am sure a Spin-off Franchise focusing only on gangs crimes unlike focusing on different crime stories like it Central Franchise (GTA) would be great,each sequel each gangs families or outlaw bikers to Traids with new gang protagonist.maybe they could even do a Spiritual sequel to TLAD even though it a GTA game.i am sure GTA would do this in future,anyways they said "45 years" ideas for this Legendary Franchise.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Just think about it though, wouldn't you consider Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stores and Chinatown Wars spinoffs?

Hell, I would consider Vice City and Vice City Stories part of a Vice City spinoff series, since both are part of the same over arching story yet aren't directly main series GTA games.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Just think about it though, wouldn't you consider Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stores and Chinatown Wars spinoffs?

Hell, I would consider Vice City and Vice City Stories part of a Vice City spinoff series, since both are part of the same over arching story yet aren't directly main series GTA games.

Yeah bro,The Subtitle games in the Franchise are all Spin-offs even the Expansions(London 1969,and 1961,TLAD and TBoGT) the main games are 1,2,3,4 and 5.regardless of Universes.but i think you dont get what i mean by a Spin-off Series or mini-series.I could explain more further if you want.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

According to Wikipedia there are 11 Stand-alone Games and 4 Expansions=15 Games overall.but if a mini-series was started from GTA (being the father franchise and the Over Heading).the new mini-series wont have an history except it a new thing under the GTA brand.Just like Tom Clancy and Mario.Every games in the GTA family since 1997 are all Stand-alone games (either it a main game or a spin-off) but they arent a mini-series.

tehSpitefulPotato
  • tehSpitefulPotato

meme police

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

This could be really nice if:
-the spinoff would be more arcadish, similar in this way to 3D Universe;
-new parts come out more frequently;
-every part would feature a new city, possibly even really existing one, but not LC, VC, LS, SF or LV;
-cars, brands etc. still from GTA universe;
-every part would be set in the past, while GTA continues to be set in the same year the game comes out.
I think this way that spinoff would be completely awesome :D

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:35 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 February 2014 - 03:35 PM.

This could be really nice if:
-the spinoff would be more arcadish, similar in this way to 3D Universe;
-new parts come out more frequently;
-every part would feature a new city, possibly even really existing one, but not LC, VC, LS, SF or LV;
-cars, brands etc. still from GTA universe;
-every part would be set in the past, while GTA continues to be set in the same year the game comes out.
I think this way that spinoff would be completely awesome :D

Yeah bro.but hopefully a Spin-off Franchise to GTA shouldnt make them stop making the main franchise (GTA).and remember i said it wont share anything with GTA except for the name(GTA being it over heading title regardless of it being something else) and also brands and Locations.but everything else from the Main Franchise wont be in the mini-franchise.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

and yeah sequels to the mini-franchise could be bi-annual (2/3 years) unlike it Main Franchise (GTA)
but it still follows GTA module of being Stand-alone games (instead of being direct sequels like other franchise i.e. Saints Row,MGS,Gears of War) when i mean Stand-alone,GTA is one of the few franchise that ever game is about a new crime theme,a new protagonist(s),new Locations,new weapons,new gameplay mechanics,etc.So yeah the mini-franchise could focus on gangs from,African Americans,then Triads,then Mobs,then Outlaw bikers (maybe even a spiritual sequel to GTA's TLAD).

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

They've already done "spiritual" spin-offs:  Bully and Red Dead Redemption.  They both take the core GTA gameplay and put it in new contexts.  I hope Rockstar do more, and not necessarily sequels to those two.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

They've already done "spiritual" spin-offs:  Bully and Red Dead Redemption.  They both take the core GTA gameplay and put it in new contexts.  I hope Rockstar do more, and not necessarily sequels to those two.

No No No,Bully and Read Dead arent Spiritual Franchise or Spin-off to GTA although they take GTA gameplay just like you said.i think you dont understand me.I am talking about a Spin-off Franchise or Mini-Series from GTA.A franchise that is separate from GTA but in it cover art the GTA title is still on it.just like how Splinter cell and Rainbow 6 are two different franchise but share the over head title Tom clancy on their cover.pls read my first post.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

No No No,Bully and Read Dead arent Spiritual Franchise or Spin-off to GTA although they take GTA gameplay just like you said.i think you dont understand me.I am talking about a Spin-off Franchise or Mini-Series from GTA.A franchise that is separate from GTA but in it cover art the GTA title is still on it.just like how Splinter cell and Rainbow 6 are two different franchise but share the over head title Tom clancy on their cover.pls read my first post.

I understand what your saying I'll use Dynasty Warriors as an example  I dont play it but they have their regular games Dynasty Warriors 7,8 and then they have Dynasty Warriors Gundam the main series has something to do with ancient china or something and Gundam has something to do with Robots. Another example would be Madden and Their old Head Coach games they would have Madden NFL whatever year it was and then Madden NFL Head Coach. Either way I don't really like it .... Maybe if it was a different series and had a different name maybe it could work but no just no....

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:05 AM Edited by DOOM!, 07 February 2014 - 03:05 AM.

They did the spin-off thing during the 3D-era. It would be nice, but I don't think it's worth it for R* towards the end, seeing how they break sale records each time they release a GTA for a console.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Dang! Thought we were to discuss the upcoming DLC, "Epsilon: The Truth Story."

You know. ..where we play in all cities to "spread the Kifflom"

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:10 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 07 February 2014 - 03:43 PM.

They did the spin-off thing during the 3D-era. It would be nice, but I don't think it's worth it for R* towards the end, seeing how they break sale records each time they release a GTA for a console.

GTA is one of the few franchise with many subtitle(Spin-offs) games,according to GTA wiki,10 of the 15 GTA games are subtitled (including The London games,TLAD and TBoGT).The world most famous Spin-off GTA game is San Andreas even though 3,4 and 5 brought Alot of Success to this Legendary Franchise.

@Zello
True talk bro.that why Tom Clancy's Games are Headwreaking and confussing same for Mario.
If that happens with GTA...i.e. GTA 6 then GTA's Gangs 2 that would be headwreaking.and the reason i use Gangs as an example of a Spin-off GTA mini-franchise,is that GTA created two greatest gang games in video game history with SA and TLAD.I understand what you are saying.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

I think I know what you mean...be cool if Rockstar ventured into third person shooter territory and put out a game featuring the GTA V random ped 'Clinton', found in Sandy Shores; he's a Vietnam veteran going by his dialogue, and I think it'd be amazing if Rockstar really stepped out of the genre everyone expects from them and still ties it to the Grand Theft Auto franchise.  keep the COD-style start up menus and such; but imagine Rockstar's take on 60's pop culture! think about how they captured the 1980's so well with Vice City, the music, the action movie weapons and cars, the way people dressed! I think Rockstar's take on the issues of the 60's (racism at home, fighting an unjust war, hippies etc) would go hand in hand with their sense of humour.  could also make Clinton the father of Franklin Clinton (in line with how men are referred to as Private Smith or Lieutenant Jones in the AF) who split soon after Frank was born in the late 80's, make the entire game part of a series of flashbacks, how snippets of Clinton's life in Sandy Shores, monologues on who he f*cked up with his son etc

well, a man can dream.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 07 February 2014 - 10:39 PM.

I think I know what you mean...be cool if Rockstar ventured into third person shooter territory and put out a game featuring the GTA V random ped 'Clinton', found in Sandy Shores; he's a Vietnam veteran going by his dialogue, and I think it'd be amazing if Rockstar really stepped out of the genre everyone expects from them and still ties it to the Grand Theft Auto franchise.  keep the COD-style start up menus and such; but imagine Rockstar's take on 60's pop culture! think about how they captured the 1980's so well with Vice City, the music, the action movie weapons and cars, the way people dressed! I think Rockstar's take on the issues of the 60's (racism at home, fighting an unjust war, hippies etc) would go hand in hand with their sense of humour.  could also make Clinton the father of Franklin Clinton (in line with how men are referred to as Private Smith or Lieutenant Jones in the AF) who split soon after Frank was born in the late 80's, make the entire game part of a series of flashbacks, how snippets of Clinton's life in Sandy Shores, monologues on who he f*cked up with his son etc

well, a man can dream.

GTA is the Heart of the Openworld Gere,and it was created by Rockstar.GTA has existed for almost 17 years (1997-2014) and Rockstar has been established as the "gods of Openworld Games,Not only the Proved it with their Flagship Legendary Openworld Franchise,GTA but they also did it with RDR in 2010.So i cant see them venturing out of the Genre they best at,with the exception of Max Payne 3 that came is Great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users