Quantcast

» «
Photo

Remembered this and found it ...Amusing.

47 replies to this topic
TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

That video is an horrible example of nitpicking, it doesnt work as evidence. It just doesnt.

Predictable reply. :/

No point in typing out a long paragraph when this video'll cover everything wrong with the AI.

I watched the first 10 minutes as I cannot watch the whole thing, and I'm mainly seeing hardware problems causing most of it.

The disappearing car isn't good, but that has nothing to do with A.I.

The lazy turning is because of hardware, like he said.

I don't know what causes the people running into you purposely. I doubt it's a bug. It's probably just R* f*cking with you like when you stand next to people. They did the same in GTA 4. Motherf*cking bridges were Hell because of it.

The handbrake thing...I don't even...

Truck spawning right in front of you isn't an A.I. problem (I don't think), it's a hardware problem (I think). Same reason GTA 4 has poles that you hit before they even render.

The people driving thing is just really nitpicky.

And the last thing, the thing with the engine. I dunno what that is. Hotwiring? It sucks that you can't keep the engine on, but what he shows has nothing to do with A.I. once again.

Conclusion from the first 10 minutes: Very little about A.I.

The problem is, you didn't watch the whole thing. :/

Glad I didn't type a long paragraph... :/

Like I said, I don't have time. Just list the things in the rest of the video (You don't have to go into detail if it's not needed) and I'll go from there.

If the rest of the video is anything like the first 10 minutes, there's very little actual A.I. problems.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

Well you posting the video and all those retarded smileys was the most predicatble thing, after all you do not post anything to your defense..

• golf wang, SuburbansWorst and mastershake616 like this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:31 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 05 February 2014 - 06:35 PM.

That video is an horrible example of nitpicking, it doesnt work as evidence. It just doesnt.

No point in typing out a long paragraph when this video'll cover everything wrong with the AI.

I watched the first 10 minutes as I cannot watch the whole thing, and I'm mainly seeing hardware problems causing most of it.

I don't know what causes the people running into you purposely. I doubt it's a bug. It's probably just R* f*cking with you like when you stand next to people. They did the same in GTA 4. Motherf*cking bridges were Hell because of it.

Truck spawning right in front of you isn't an A.I. problem (I don't think), it's a hardware problem (I think). Same reason GTA 4 has poles that you hit before they even render.

And the last thing, the thing with the engine. I dunno what that is. Hotwiring? It sucks that you can't keep the engine on, but what he shows has nothing to do with A.I. once again.

Like I said, I don't have time. Just list the things in the rest of the video (You don't have to go into detail if it's not needed) and I'll go from there.

If the rest of the video is anything like the first 10 minutes, there's very little actual A.I. problems.

There's a much better video than that; it's way shorter, and cover more. Too bad I can't find it, though. :/

Anyways, the the fact that basically doing nothing gets you a star makes it broken. Also, the cops having the ability to see through walls and seek out your position while being a mile away makes it broken. The sensitivity of them is also a big bother to me. I sometimes like to just walk around the city to admire the beautiful cities that R* puts in all of the GTAs, but in this game, I can't seem to do that without getting a star. The AI is pretty much ruining all the fun I can have in this game, because of the sensitivity of them. 

I do like the game and all, but it's just the current state the AI is in is what's bad. Maybe a patch can fix the problems? IDK, but if all of the problems with the AI can be fixed with patches, then it'll make this game a whole lot more enjoyable.

Well you posting the video and all those retarded smileys was the most predicatble thing, after all you do not post anything to your defense..

That video was my defense, and I bet you didn't watch. :/

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

I did watch, it was an horrible video. And everything you said about the AI then there must be something wrong, you must be listing IV's problems because cops cant see through walls.

If a cop didnt see me hiding behind a truck inside of the oriental threater then its pure bullsh*t that they can see through walls, also if you just can't seem to walk around town dont look at NPCs, you can be near an NPC as long as you want only if you dont look at them.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:44 PM Edited by Zodape, 05 February 2014 - 07:47 PM.

I could barely watch the whole thing because the complains at the beginning are so nitpicky and unimportant, but the second half of the video does have some legit complains, such as the cop rubber banding into your car, cops being able to keep up with a supercar, the cops shooting anyone in sight and the retarded vehicle AI that accidently hits the player when trying to avoid him/her.

Though, even if their AI may not be as good as IV's, they aren't the worst cop AI in a GTA ever. That's stupid. In old GTAs the cops spawned in front of you already, when someone was hitting you cops wouldn't do sh*t, hell, cops were even more aggresive back in the 3D era. Yes, it's a shame that these problems still exist, but thinking they are worse than before is just stupid.

Edit: about the cars changing lanes complaint, I think it was actually fixed in V. The times the guy got hit by a car was because the AI was just casually parking/turning and he casually hit them. That's it. The guy in the video expects that no car should be able to steer if he is passing by at 300 km/h.

• ten-a-penny likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

There's a much better video than that; it's way shorter, and cover more. Too bad I can't find it, though. :/

Anyways, the the fact that basically doing nothing gets you a star makes it broken. Also, the cops having the ability to see through walls and seek out your position while being a mile away makes it broken. The sensitivity of them is also a big bother to me. I sometimes like to just walk around the city to admire the beautiful cities that R* puts in all of the GTAs, but in this game, I can't seem to do that without getting a star. The AI is pretty much ruining all the fun I can have in this game, because of the sensitivity of them. 

I do like the game and all, but it's just the current state the AI is in is what's bad. Maybe a patch can fix the problems? IDK, but if all of the problems with the AI can be fixed with patches, then it'll make this game a whole lot more enjoyable.

The 'doing nothing gets you a star' isn't broken A.I. It's just a questionable feature. If it was unintended, it would've been fixed.

I agree it's retarded, but if it's intended, it's not broken. Broken would be that happening when it's not supposed to.

I also have never had a problem with cops seeing through walls or having them see me from miles away. When I hide, they go right past me and don't know I'm there. Them spawning in front of me and catching my supercar is a problem though. In GTA 4, the cops always knew where you were. Not in this one. That's why they have the LoS mechanic.

However, them catching a supercar isn't broken A.I. Just like the civilian sensitivity, it's a feature so the cops are more challenging and actually have a chance. An unpopular feature, but still a feature. Them spawning in front of you is retarded though.

It's true that the civilians are overly sensitive, and that does hurt the game, but it's not broken A.I (Mostly), it's just bad decisions that probably sounded good before they released the game.

Hopefully now that Online is fixed up, we'll get more focus on SP problems.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

Ok, kinda hijacking your topic, but it's also related. Didn't they also say that you could follow an NPC on it's daily basis and see them doing their things, living their lives? I'm pretty sure they said that.

Now, I can't believe I forgot about this, but 'till this day I have never tried that. But since they appear to walk around pretty mindless (but yes, their conversations are funny) and only spawn in your near vicinity, isn't that kinda impossible?

Also, as you said, it's not even doable to follow them for quite some time, because get to close and they're calling them crazy cops.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Ok, kinda hijacking your topic, but it's also related. Didn't they also say that you could follow an NPC on it's daily basis and see them doing their things, living their lives? I'm pretty sure they said that.

Now, I can't believe I forgot about this, but 'till this day I have never tried that. But since they appear to walk around pretty mindless (but yes, their conversations are funny) and only spawn in your near vicinity, isn't that kinda impossible?

Also, as you said, it's not even doable to follow them for quite some time, because get to close and they're calling them crazy cops.

They said something along those lines, but I don't think they meant you could follow someone all day and see them do everything.

Then again, I don't remember it at all, so I'm probably wrong :p

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

“Scientific Progress goes boink?”

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

I think there was mass-misunderstanding when it comes to this feature. I think that they were referring to the dynamic spawning of specific peds and vehicles based on the time and day. Shame really, but then hey, it's not a deal-breaker :)

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

The dynamic state machines are in the game but to a lower degree than promised, mostly because of the limitations inside of the hardware.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Usually we agree on things, but you're being one picky bitch.

• SuburbansWorst likes this

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

You are all whining about f*cked gameplay and glitches, but do you actually understand the amount of coding and systems in this game? There's engines for driving, npc's, weather, sound effects, firearms trajectory... Just so much stuff!

And yeah, of course there are gonna be some slight glitches along the way and stuff. Grow up and sort yourself out kids.
  • Blingy likes this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

I found it amusing how sh*tty, and broken the AI is even with all of the delays this game had. :/

adorable_crying_baby_ny_kids_club_blog-5

• Blingy and ten-a-penny like this

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:27 AM

God I hate it, 'what are you looking at arsehole? thats it i'm calling the police'

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:06 AM Edited by SuburbansWorst, 06 February 2014 - 07:07 AM.

Just voted half the thread for "Worst Poster of All Time". void0-33.gif

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

Well aren't you guys just the most fun there is?

kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

The problem is, "Oh, I noticed not that many people haven't complained about this! Let's change that!"

P.S Bill Cosby is better Then Will Smoth...

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

People called the cops on me because I was honking my horn on mount chiliad once.

They probably thought you were a street racer, because all street racers honk their horns like crazy before the race starts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users