Quantcast

» «
Photo

Remembered this and found it ...Amusing.

47 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

I was thinking back, and remembered an old preview last summer about GTA 5 and it said that if you stalk NPCs and stuff they might attack you or call the cops on you ...I remember so many people thought it was awesome and stuff.

And when the game released, well ...We know how it went.

• lizardman563, Xx-ADITYA-xX and RememberToTaper like this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:51 AM Edited by Target13Productions, 04 February 2014 - 06:51 AM.

Okay.
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

careful OP

you might hurt people right in their feels OP

their feels

their feels

• tom_p1980, Officer Ronson, TJGM and 5 others like this

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

The npc feels!
  • lizardman563, SonofYankton, RememberToTaper and 1 other like this

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

Holy sh*t! where is your chin? and I don't know what you're talking about so explain please.

• lizardman563 and ViceCityStalker like this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'm sure they've toned that down in subsequent updates. Except if you're playing as Trevor, of course.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:12 AM Edited by Xerukal, 04 February 2014 - 10:12 AM.

I always find it hilarious when people run away from Michael. 

"OH NO! A RESPECTABLE MIDDLE-AGED MOVIE PRODUCER IN A SUIT, RUN FOR YOUR f*ckING LIVES, HE'S A PSYCHO" 

• jamieleng, Bondergomme, Geralt of Rivia and 3 others like this

DaJeroen
  • DaJeroen

Beep Boop

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

careful OP

you might hurt people right in their feels OP

their feels

their feels

that+scene+man+_ab32d38e8c033d85ae3f7b14

• lizardman563, TJGM, DANIEL3GS and 1 other like this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Well, I think they ended up getting "stalk" and "stand around" confused!

• Bondergomme likes this

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

CRABHANDLER

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

As far as I remember Rockstar released an amazing game, which is incredible value for its price and a bunch of spoilt, entitled children pissed and whined about it not being exactly like the imaginary perfect GTA game which they invented in their minds.
  • Xcommunicated, Blingy, StarFyer and 7 others like this

Terrazi Terrajin
  • Terrazi Terrajin

I want you to feel the pressure.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

People called the cops on me because I was honking my horn on mount chiliad once.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

As far as I remember Rockstar released an amazing game, which is incredible value for its price and a bunch of spoilt, entitled children pissed and whined about it not being exactly like the imaginary perfect GTA game which they invented in their minds.

Woah, simmer down there. I'm pretty sure he was just implying that all the people moaned and screamed about it being too sensitive. No need to start up this kind of sh*t.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

My 

FEELS

be a hurting.........

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

Idk about stalking NPCs, but if you play as one of the 3 protagonists, and stalk one of the other 2, after 2-3 warnings to back away, a cutscene will come on where you will get knocked out/wasted with a one punch attack accompanied by angry words.

Try it, its very fun, especially when trevor's involved

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

Idredman, you shouldn't question people's logic. Its just... people change or when they experience they say it sucks, people is like that. I hate people.

• PeriodZeroHero likes this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

Woah, simmer down there. I'm pretty sure he was just implying that all the people moaned and screamed about it being too sensitive. No need to start up this kind of sh*t.

This "sh*t" is all this forum is about, decent threads are way too far in between. The amount of complaining and moaning has been astronomical since V's release.

Unstructured criticism is 90% of it. It's just a flood of: "hurr durr Cockstar no maek behst gaem evar deh lyhd!!1!" "R* doesn't care, gta v worst game ever." "COCKSTAR LIED!"

The V forum is a damned sewer.

• Blingy, TJGM, golf wang and 2 others like this

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

I always find it hilarious when people run away from Michael. 

"OH NO! A RESPECTABLE MIDDLE-AGED MOVIE PRODUCER IN A SUIT, RUN FOR YOUR f*ckING LIVES, HE'S A PSYCHO" 

Yeah, that was kind of stupid.

One thing I thought was hilarious, though, was when you first sneak into Michael's house as Franklin in that one mission for Simeon and you accidentally get seen by Amanda the coach is all like "Oh God!  Help!  HE'S BLAAACK!!!"  It wasn't even a "There's some weird black guy in the house!" it was just straight up "HELP!  HE'S BLAAACK!!!"

• Geralt of Rivia, PeriodZeroHero and JohnDoe7125539271 like this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:52 AM Edited by Woll Smoth, 05 February 2014 - 04:05 AM.

I found it amusing how sh*tty, and broken the AI is even with all of the delays this game had. :/

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

I found it amusing how sh*tty, and broken the AI is even with all of the delays this game had. :/

Howso?

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

That's exactly right. They put in a lot of work on this game and gave us a ton of amazing features, awesome missions, and a world perfectly created for mayhem. No matter how perfect any GTA is, there will always been people whining and complaining, and in the world we live in, negative people will always be louder than positive people, because they live for it. The rest of us are too busy enjoying one hell of a creation.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:49 AM

It's still there.

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

The AI in GTA 5 is getting more advanced. The CPU is a neural net processor; a learning computer.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

I'm kinda getting a negative/aggressive vibe from this post, so I thought it would help clear the waters if I mentioned that GTA 5 is currently my favorite video game.

And now it's only a matter of time before the arguers consume this thread too.

KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

How?

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

There was one delay. And the AI isn't broken.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

No point in typing out a long paragraph when this video'll cover everything wrong with the AI.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

That video is an horrible example of nitpicking, it doesnt work as evidence. It just doesnt.

• theNGclan likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Well OP that is what happens in game development. Not everything that is in the game during release is going to be there in the end product as certain things will get cut from the game or reworked. Im 100% sure that alot of stuff we didn't know about that would of sounded fun would of been cut from the game.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

No point in typing out a long paragraph when this video'll cover everything wrong with the AI.

I watched the first 10 minutes as I cannot watch the whole thing, and I'm mainly seeing hardware problems causing most of it.

The disappearing car isn't good, but that has nothing to do with A.I.

The lazy turning is because of hardware, like he said.

I don't know what causes the people running into you purposely. I doubt it's a bug. It's probably just R* f*cking with you like when you stand next to people. They did the same in GTA 4. Motherf*cking bridges were Hell because of it.

The handbrake thing...I don't even...

Truck spawning right in front of you isn't an A.I. problem (I don't think), it's a hardware problem (I think). Same reason GTA 4 has poles that you hit before they even render.

The people driving thing is just really nitpicky.

And the last thing, the thing with the engine. I dunno what that is. Hotwiring? It sucks that you can't keep the engine on, but what he shows has nothing to do with A.I. once again.

Conclusion from the first 10 minutes: Very little about A.I.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 05 February 2014 - 06:11 PM.

That video is an horrible example of nitpicking, it doesnt work as evidence. It just doesnt.

Predictable reply. :/

I watched the first 10 minutes as I cannot watch the whole thing, and I'm mainly seeing hardware problems causing most of it.

The disappearing car isn't good, but that has nothing to do with A.I.

The lazy turning is because of hardware, like he said.

I don't know what causes the people running into you purposely. I doubt it's a bug. It's probably just R* f*cking with you like when you stand next to people. They did the same in GTA 4. Motherf*cking bridges were Hell because of it.

The handbrake thing...I don't even...

Truck spawning right in front of you isn't an A.I. problem (I don't think), it's a hardware problem (I think). Same reason GTA 4 has poles that you hit before they even render.

The people driving thing is just really nitpicky.

And the last thing, the thing with the engine. I dunno what that is. Hotwiring? It sucks that you can't keep the engine on, but what he shows has nothing to do with A.I. once again.

Conclusion from the first 10 minutes: Very little about A.I.

The problem is, you didn't watch the whole thing. :/

Glad I didn't type a long paragraph... :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users