Photo

Need help - need people to help test my mod

2 replies to this topic
yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by yoshiandluigi3, 04 February 2014 - 03:48 AM.

Im not sure if this is the correct section (please tell me the correct section to post this in if im not posting on the right one) but i am making a san andreas multiplayer mod, basically where you can play single player with other people. This is for GTA San andreas ONLY not any other GTA game. Anyways Theres a few bugs i have to fix, Ive only been playing the mod alone and i want to make sure theres not problems with 2 or more players, so i need testers to help out :) I would prefer only around 5, but i will accept more.

So anyone with a skype or something similar to this please message me it telling me you want to be a tester, my skype is yoshiandluigi3 if anyone wants to add me themselves.

Again sorry if this is the wrong section I just need people to help test my multiplayer mod.

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:46 AM Edited by goodidea82, 04 February 2014 - 11:55 AM.

At the moment I cannot offer to help testing---I would like to but I can't. However, I'm really interested what your approach is. Please explain in detail!

One guy also tried something similar, he made an extension for MTA with ped and car traffic, but I don't know why it didn't become so popular. Perhaps performance issues. Here is the link: http://crystalmv.net84.net/

I was also making thoughts how to do it (I wrote it in small font below to not distract from your approach).

I'm not working on it due to other pending projects. I call it "dynamic peer-to-peer multiplayer": There is a single worldwide server for all players. The server receives only position data from the clients and dynamically connects them to each other when two players are in the same area, e.g. radius 200. When two players are connected then the whole synchronization (cars, peds, etc) is done between the two clients only (hence, peer-to-peer). This means, only two player can see eachother at a one time, but since players are dynamically reconnected to other players you can meet hundreds of other players when you move around. If a player is disconnected his ped/car becomes a normal AI ped/car. If a p2p connection is established the algorithm tries to "morph" the positions of overlapping cars; half of the peds/cars are controlled by one client and half by the other. It would be 100% single player plus other human players that you encounter as you play. Special modes, like races, gang wars, sport games, etc would have special modes where number of AI peds/cars is reduced allowing synchronization between more clients (e.g. 4 clients). (goodidea82)

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

At the moment I cannot offer to help testing---I would like to but I can't. However, I'm really interested what your approach is. Please explain in detail!

One guy also tried something similar, he made an extension for MTA with ped and car traffic, but I don't know why it didn't become so popular. Perhaps performance issues. Here is the link: http://crystalmv.net84.net/

I was also making thoughts how to do it (I wrote it in small font below to not distract from your approach).

I'm not working on it due to other pending projects. I call it "dynamic peer-to-peer multiplayer": There is a single worldwide server for all players. The server receives only position data from the clients and dynamically connects them to each other when two players are in the same area, e.g. radius 200. When two players are connected then the whole synchronization (cars, peds, etc) is done between the two clients only (hence, peer-to-peer). This means, only two player can see eachother at a one time, but since players are dynamically reconnected to other players you can meet hundreds of other players when you move around. If a player is disconnected his ped/car becomes a normal AI ped/car. If a p2p connection is established the algorithm tries to "morph" the positions of overlapping cars; half of the peds/cars are controlled by one client and half by the other. It would be 100% single player plus other human players that you encounter as you play. Special modes, like races, gang wars, sport games, etc would have special modes where number of AI peds/cars is reduced allowing synchronization between more clients (e.g. 4 clients). (goodidea82)

Basically i am working on a modification to play GTA San Andreas with other people, except instead of something like SA:MP you play the storyline that was featured in the game. I was going to make it exclusive for me and my friend so we could play but i decided i would publish it to the internet. It MIGHT featured pedestrians (not sure if this can be done due to sync and bandwidth issues), Ive already made cops, fbi, army, swat team bike cops and helicopters all function so that will be in it. Im also trying to get haircuts & clothes synced (unsure if this can be done). The servers can hold up to 20 players at the moment (Most likely ill leave this the maximum amount of people). Theres some problems with it though like I will have to change some missions to work better on multiplayer. Yes im aware there are some other mods like this already out there and im aware someone was working on a mod for MTA but this i think would work better. Anyways for your approach thats a pretty interesting and cool idea but that would not only take massive amounts and lines of coding it would also probably take me several months to make, also im not the best coder. Races are semi-functioning they are a little buggy and unsynced but they do work. What im having trouble with is the beginning missions which were obviously intended for only one player. The later missions for whatever reason are kind of easier for this stuff. Dont know why. But yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users